Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hilda sat in her small study, her attention fixed on the countless scrolls in front of her, as well as a star-chart and a map of Asgard.

Eventually, however, one of the men from before entered her room. Gone was his tunic, instead he wore a dark-green suit of armor in which the helmet that hid his light-brown hair and the right shoulder were designed to look like the heads of a dragon… the dragon Fafnir to be exact.

“Lady Hilda,” he said as he bowed down, “The storm has settled down.”

“Thank you, Sigurd Siegfreid,” Hilda said. She handed him a small map she herself had sketched, showing migratory patterns of various animals such as deer and elk. “Search these areas and I'm sure you will find the remaining two God Warriors, those of Mizar Zeta and Alioth Epsilon.”

“I and the other God Warriors shall do so… but how shall we tell who are the God Warriors?” Sigurd asked.

“Sigurd,” Hilda said as she looked at him and smiled, “You are Dubhe Alpha, the lead star of Ursa Major. I trust you can find them, whoever they are. Take the others with you, you'll cover more ground.”

“Thank you,” Sigurd bowed again and then left, leaving Hilda alone. She smiled again, her finger moving over the five smooth sapphires she held in her hand.
_
Finally, some dinner, Fenrir thought as his hand ripped out the grizzly bear's heart. He was amazed how much living with these wolves had done for him. The same animals that had shown him the fallacies of mankind were now those that he could kill with his bare hands.

And the same he helped his true family bring down.

Fenrir tore a piece of the animal off for himself before his wolves gorged themselves on the majority of the creature. While they ate without any other thought, Fenrir's mind drifted to Cecil Bodu… he had heard stories that the Bodus had-

The sound of snow crumpling under a foot, a human foot, caused Fenrir and the wolves to suddenly become alert. Fenrir wiped the blood from his mouth as he turned around, looking around frantically to find whoever was coming. It wasn't common someone caught him off-guard. To be precise, it never happened.

“So you're the 'Wolf'…” came a haughty voice. Fenrir looked above, seeing a red-haired man with one eye hidden under the hair standing on a tree branch, a sword made completely out of crystal in one of his hands. He turned to see the footprints… they were behind him.

This newcomer had jumped through the air right above him and Fenrir hadn't even noticed.

“You seem rather… human… for one,” the intruder said as Fenrir turned back. He was wearing some sort of crystalline armor, black in design and protecting his chest, arms, and legs. A rather ornate and large circlet protected his forehead, as well as the sides of his face.

“I am human,” Fenrir answered back. “Now give me your name and maybe I'll give you mine.”

The man jumped to the ground and bowed in mock-honesty. Fenrir turned to his wolves and shook his head. They backed off, leaving their leader to confront the man alone. “Very well then, although I already know from the way you stand, your rough height, your eye color and hair color that you are Fenrir Volsung. Many people think you're dead.”

“Many others use the word `Volsung' as a synonym for cowardice now,” Fenrir said back. “I'll say it again, who are you?”

The man shrugged. “A God Warrior of Hilda. I am Alberich.”

“Alberich,” Fenrir repeated, “You mean of the Nibelung family. That's a pretty old family, you know.”

“Twenty-six generations of men, each one named Alberich,” the God Warrior answered. Fenrir chuckled at something, confusing him. “What's so funny?”

“Kinda weird… meet two rich-boys in one day.”

“Two?” Alberich asked. Fenrir shook his head.

“Yeah… a Bodu.”

“That's impossible. Syd Bodu was at Valhalla all day today, and the Bodu family, as absurdly rich and as powerful as it is-”

“I know they're the oldest family in Asgard save for the Polaris family and literally own half the country,” Fenrir cut in.

“As I was saying,” Alberich continued, irritated at the fact that some wild boy that just happened to be a Volsung showed no respect to the God Warrior of the Megrez Delta star, “Syd Bodu was at Valhalla all day today. You must be mistaken.”

“I'm sure I am,” Fenrir answered dryly in an utterly sarcastic tone. “That's why I don't trust my eyes but ironically trust a man I just met.”

“You should watch that tongue of yours, I might cut it out if I were you.” Alberich readied his sword, more than just irritated now. Nobody would care if a Volsung happened to die anymore… people stopped caring about Volsungs a long time ago.

“Nice family heirloom… created by Alberich XIII right?” Fenrir dropped into a fighting stance. “A rusty piece of crap?”

“You will pay for that remark,” Alberich said as he charged. Then he seemed to vanish, only to appear behind Fenrir and began walking away. The wolves snarled at him, and he snarled back as Fenrir turned to say something…

Except he then coughed up a pint of blood and collapsed, his shirt suddenly falling to pieces, numerous cuts all across his body. Alberich continued to walk away, the wolves terrified of him now, but then he saw a flash of light shoot down from the sky. He looked up, seeing that for the second time this day, the star Alioth Epsilon was shining brightly, almost as much as the Sun itself…

A ray of light struck the ground near Fenrir's unconscious form, Alberich dropping his jaw in amazement as a small, metallic wolf appeared, a statue of some sort, almost like it was watching over Fenrir.

Impossible… Alberich thought, He's the God Warrior of Alioth Epsilon?!?
_
“Funny how we keep running into each other, eh?” Cecil muttered as he and Fenrir sat next to opposite wall in a dungeon chamber in Valhalla. The “supposed” Bodu had been there when Fenrir had woken up, and it was this was the first point they had been talking to each other.

“Yeah,” Fenrir answered when the door opened and a young woman stepped through, her short blonde hair almost as magnificent as the gold robe she wore. She placed the figurine that Alberich had found on the floor next to Fenrir before putting one that looked like a dark-green tiger. “Who are you?”

The girl turned and nodded her heard and smiled. “I am Freya Polaris,” she answered. “The other God Warriors have been called into action by my sister, and you two are also God Warriors now. If you would, please don your God Robes and follow me.”

“Wear what, those?” Cecil asked, pointing to the tiger. “How are we supposed to do that?”

Fenrir, wondering just that, reached forward and touched the wolf. Kinda fitting, considering his name and all. He just hoped that his wolves were okay. As if reacting to his touch, the wolf burst into parts that quickly attached to his body, bending and reshaping themselves to form a suit of armor as well. Arm guards, leggings, an outfit not unsimilar to Alberich's, save for his own circlet forming a “V”-like shape above itself.

“Please, right this way, Fenrir Volsung. I assure you that you will only hear things you wish to.” Freya said as she walked away. Fenrir turned to see Cecil's tiger had formed armor on him too, similar but with a helmet formed from the tiger's head protecting him instead of a circlet.

Fenrir waited until after Freya left the room before he spoke to Cecil. “When you said you were a Bodu before… is that true?”

“And if it is?” Cecil asked as he walked out the door. “Fenrir… you had support out there… I didn't. If you want to leave, go ahead. But I want to be able to live in society again, and I'm going to hear what they say.”

Fenrir was alone in the room, but shook his head and looked down at his hands. Was this a chance to show Asgard that not all in the Volsung house had forgotten the concept of honor? If it was, he'd take it. His wolves would be fine, so the only reason to do so was for himself.

A damn good reason, good as any other.