Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"I can't believe Volsung is actually alive," remarked Thor Jormungandr, God Warrior of the Phecda Gamma star as he and the others sat around a table, Hilda sitting at the front.

"Thor, it's alright. Besides, with all seven God Warriors, we stand a chance of pulling this off now," Hilda said as Fenrir, Freya, and Cecil all entered the room. "Ah, and here they are. Hello, and welcome back to civilization, you two."

"Thanks," Fenrir said as he pulled up a seat and sat down, unfortunately next to Alberich. "Oh, it's you again."

"Indeed," Alberich answered.

Cecil sat between Fenrir and Mime, who was now wearing a slightly rough armor of deep scarlet. He looked at Freya and shrugged. "Call me Cecil if you must."

"But what of your last name? Are you a Bodu?" Sigurd asked, interested at the concept.

Cecil shrugged. "Whether I am or not doesn't have any measure here, does it?"

"Of course not," Hilda said. "The point is, you seven are the God Warriors of Asgard, men from families of great stature and power-"

"Or used to be," Fenrir muttered under his breath.

"Or used to be," Hilda continued. "Your duty is to protect Asgard, and I fear that our land may soon fall under attack."

"From whom?" asked the blonde-haired man, wearing elaborate armor made of rubies and silver.

"From Poseidon," Hilda answered. "I have recieved words from various provinces that the storm today seemed unnatural. And it's been the sixth one in two weeks. I expect he is trying to soften us up before an actual invasion."

"Any other proof?" Cecil asked.

"You question lady Polaris?!?" shouted the blonde-haired man, standing up and staring at him.

Cecil stood back and stared right back. "And who are you to think I shouldn't?"

"Hagan Sleipnir," the God Warrior answered. "God Warrior of Merak Beta."

"Please," Thor said as he stood up between the two. "We don't need to be fighting together. Hilda, please continue."

"Thank you, Thor," Hilda said as Hagan and Cecil sat back down. "But Cecil does raise a strong point. It is possible that this is merely a freak weather situation. So that is why you are all to go on a scouting mission to Atlantis. Recon. But if you are attacked, you have my authorization to show those Mariners the strength of the North Stars. Clear?"

They all eventually nodded and left, Cecil and Fenrir the last to do so.
_
If one would look up, they could swear they were seeing the sky, but the majestic blue was far from it. Instead, it was the oceans, held up by the legendary pillars, but Isaac Krylov, the Sea General and Kraken of the Arctic Ocean didn't mind. What he saw was still blue, what he saw from his one working eye showed nothing flawed in it.

His shaggy green hair was hanging free, his armor as a Mariner, a yellow and orange Scale in the shape of his patron entity, sitting only a few feet away. But nothing ever happened here in Atlantis, or at least not here up in the north.

"Isaac!" happily cheered a female voice. He sat up to see a familiar face coming towards him, a woman actually two years his senior wearing her own Scale.

"Hi, Thetis," Isaac said as he waved a hand. "How are you doing?"

"Fine." She smiled happily, noticing Isaac wasn't wearing his Scale.

Before she could ask, however, Isaac answered. "Just got up, that's all."

"Oh." Thetis herself was not a Sea General, therefor she did not possess a Scale with the same power that one did, but she did sport a red one, representing a Mermaid, that protected her to a modest extent. "Well I just thought I'd say hi and all, and give you this."

"What?" Isaac asked as Thetis presented him with a envelope. He opened it, finding a picture of himself as a young boy before the... accident... along with another kid with blonde hair posing for the camera together. "Thetis... where did you get this?"

"Well..." Thetis said with a mischievous look on her face, "I know you're duty is to protect the Arctic Pillar and all, but I know how hard it is for you some days. So I asked Casa if he'd use his powers to make this for you."

"Thanks," Isaac said. "Tell him he truly is the Hunter of Hearts."

"My pleasure!" Thetis said as she started running off. "Of course..." she shouted as she left, "He's WAAAAAYYYY off at the Antarctic Pillar, so it'll take a while!"

"Take your time!" Isaac yelled back. He then looked down at the picture, amazed Casa was able to make it. He was so optimistic back then... before...

"Kraken Isaac!" commanded a different voice as Isaac immediately snapped to attention, another Mariner appearing before him out of nowhere. A few strands of pink hair were peeking out of the helmet, the only sign that this figure was in fact a woman.

"Yes, Sea Dragon?" he said as she looked at him. The Sea Dragon of the North Atlantic walked around him, her eyes darting up and down his body before she finally walked in front of him again.

"You've been doing some extra training," she said, smiling after a moment. Isaac breathed a sigh of relief, she had a way of making him tense up over nothing at all.

"Yes, Sea Dragon."

The highest-ranking Mariner turned and walked away, stopping once and turning back to him. "Get your Scale on, we might have trouble."

"Trouble?"

"Call it a hunch, Isaac."
A/N: For those that know about Saint Seiya and the Poseidon arc, you'll notice the fact that the Sea Dragon Mariner isn't Kanon. I planned it that way, considering in the series he just masqueraded as the Mariner and we never found out who the real one was.