Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"So where is that Papillon Specter?" Charybdis said as she looked around her. She really didn't see or sense anything out of the ordinary, just the gentle glittering of a few butterflies coming towards her.

"MILLION GHOST BUTTERFLY GENOCIDE ATTACK!"

Charybdis moved instantly, throwing herself and rolling away to the left as the insects suddenly exploded with more yield than most hand grenades. She really wasn't surprised to see her opponent descending from the sky, wearing a Surplice like that of a giant butterfly.

"Zelos Myu, Papillon Specter of the Terrestrial Demon Star," the Specter said as he landed. He certainly looked the part of a giant butterfly, his Surplice instead sporting a brownish orange tone; his violet hair cut short but spiked up. In a fitting manner, two giant butterfly wings were on his back...

... If it weren't for the smoldering crater where his attack had hit, Charybdis would have laughed at the idiot's appearance.

"Terrestrial Star, eh?" Charybdis asked, "Would happen to be rank lower than Celestial Star, would it?"

Myu shrugged and then chuckled. "If it were? I assure you, I am not like most other Specters."

"I'm certain, but no little bug is going to slay the Sea Dragon of the North Atlantic!" Charybdis shouted as she charged. Without her Scale and the power of One World it allotted her, she'd have to do this with her bare hands. Not like that would be a problem.

Myu stared straight at her and then turned away. "Child's play." He snapped his fingers...

And Chary was suddenly lifted up into the air, held there completely motionless as a bloodthirsty cheer came from many of the Specters, although Hades, Persephone, and the Judges did not seem amused by this.

"Psychokinesis, I presume," Charybdis stated. Myu nodded and then turned around.

"Of all 108 Specters, only a handful posses the abilities to move objects with their mind, and most of them can only handle a few kilograms at best. I, however, have only known a single rival that could ever match my prowess, the Gold Saint of Aries... Shin Kikai. Both of us can essentially control and move objects up to three hundred times our own weight, four hundred if we warm up first." He walked up to Chary and smiled. "Well? No glorious exhibition of One World's power, Sea Dragon? Where's the might of the North Atlantic now?"

"Go to hell," Charybdis shot back. Myu laughed for a moment before he punched her straight in the gut, keeping her completely motionless and transferring the entirety of the hit into her stomach. "I take it back..." Chary coughed out afterwards. Hell would spit you back out."

Myu glared at her as he raised a hand, butterflies flowing forth from it and surrounding Charybdis again.

"You were lucky last time..." Myu said. He noticed a bead of sweat on Charybdis's brow. "You didn't think I could do this while still keeping you completely trapped, did you?"

"The thought really hadn't crossed my mind," Charybdis muttered.

Myu laughed, as did most of the audience as Myu again unleashed the Million Ghost Butterfly Genocide Attack. Screams ripped through the arena as Charybdis took the brunt of the attack without any means of defense, but when the dust settled, she was still alive.

"That it?" Charybdis asked honestly, her humble shirt and pants torn in a number of places. "So much for your awesome powers of genocide..."

"You really shouldn't talk like that," Myu growled. "I might want to try it again."

"I'm sure," Charybdis shot back. "Too bad I'm about to win this."

"You're completely immobile, Sea Dragon," Myu said as the butterflies flowed from his hands again. "NOW DIE!"

Charybdis suddenly glared at Zelos as she tensed up every muscle in her body, trying to move just one...

And suddenly the Specter was blown back. Charybdis landed on the ground and jumped away as the butterflies exploded. She wiped the sweat and blood from her face and then sighed, looking at Myu's shocked face.

"What's the matter, Zelos?" she asked, "Think I didn't learn anything since my arrival here?"

"What could you possibly do..." Myu asked as his circlet fell to pieces, cracks springing up around his body. "You never learned psychokinesis before... you couldn't out-master me in such a short period here..."

"Didn't need to," Charybdis answered as she flexed her muscles. It was as she thought: like the power of One World, Zelos's psychic powers were useless with a damaged Surplice. They were on even footing now. "Because the power of One World is still with me."

"Impossible," Myu snorted. "One World may enable you to fold space and make people punch the backs of their heads among other things, but you need your Scale for it."

"To fully release its strength, yes," Charybdis answered. "But during my training here, trying to reverse the flow of a waterfall, I realized that Poseidon empowered me, not my Scale, with One World. As a precaution I would never be used against him, I need my Scale to draw out its strength... but it's still there, just in a much weaker but more offense-minded form." She raised her arms up into a fighting stance. "When I realized this, I struck that waterfall with force I never imagined before... the strength that caused water to flow up into the air, forming an image of my patron entity."

"IT DOESN'T MATTER!" Myu shouted as he sent his explosive bugs at Chary, yet she didn't seem fazed.

"I already withstood that, Zelos!" Charybdis shouted. "Now discover the true power of One World... the destructive Reppu Kairyunagi!" She pulled her fist back and then struck forward in a circular manner, calling upon the entirety of One World's power she had. Suddenly the air bended, the sheer force of the strike causing such a ripple in the fabric of space that it shot straight at Myu and his butterflies.

Insects clashed into the destructive force of One World, destroying them instantly before it smashed into Myu.

Zelos's eyes went wide in shock as he staggered back, his Surplice shattering. The pain... if it hadn't been for his armor, he would have been instantly killed...

"I believe we are on equal footing now, Zelos," Charybdis said as she stared down her opponent.

Myu shook his head and clenched his fists. "This fight isn't over yet..."

"My sentiments exactly."

They both lunged, fists ready to be thrown...

Sea Dragon against Papillon in a clash like that which the Underworld had never experienced.