Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 40 ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"PROMINCANCE!"

"INFERNO!"

Burning whip struck wave of fire, neither side backing down as Cecil and Isaac circled around Ambrosia and smashed into her, knocking the goddess to the ground. She flipped up, tossing Amenonuhoko straight at Fenrir, who dove to the side.

"TAIYOKEN!"

Mina then rocketed forward, blowing through Fenrir, Cecil, and Isaac and reclaiming her spear. She turned around, slashing down, but three sets of hands rose up to catch the weapon.

"This... this is our chance," Fenrir growled, "Our chance to show everybody we don't need Minos to save our asses when the going gets tough..."

Isaac gripped the spear as they slowly pushed up, ice coating the legendary spear of flames. Ambrosia moved to counter, but Cecil's bracelet again sprouted to life, this time looping around and binding her.

"BUSTER WOLF!"

Fenrir planted his fist straight in Ambrosia's face, prying Amenonuhoko away from her as all three of them pulled back for a finishing blow.

"MALICE!"

"BUSTER WOLF!"

"FREEZING OBELISK!"

Just as Ambrosia was touching down, three black figures rocketed into her, knocking the goddess into the air as a gigantic obelisk of ice again formed around and shattered, accompanied by two more punches by Isaac's friends.

Ambrosia sailed into the air, landing hard and not moving.

"Is..." Cecil started to say, "Is it over?"

"She's not getting up..." Isaac said out loud to himself. "Does this mean..."

"Yeah... this... this means..."

"We... we-WE BEAT AMBROSIA!" They shouted together, slamming their fists together in triumph before turning back to Main Breadwinner. Time was scarce... but there was nothing in their way now!
_
"FINALLY!" Minos said in relief, finding the God Robes of the Alcor Zeta and Alioth Epsilon Stars as well as the Kraken Scale of the Arctic in some secluded corner of Atlantis. "If it hadn't taken me so long to find them... I'd probably have been there to help out Fenrir and the others. Oh well... time to return to your masters!"

He grabbed up the figurines and threw them in the general direction of Main Breadwinner, the armor quickly taking form of blue, orange, and white lights before he removed Charybdis's Scale. "Now just to find Tiamet..."

"Right here," the Sea Dragon stated. Minos turned around and smiled.

"Here... patched it up all wonderful for you."

He tossed the Scale over to her, the armor quickly assembling itself as they ran off to reach the others.
_
"BUSTER WOLF!"

"MALICE!"

"FREEZING OBELISK!"

For the third time now, Fenrir, Cecil, and Isaac struck Main Breadwinner as hard as they could... and yet the pillar showed no sign of damage. They collapsed on their knees... it was impossible... even Inferno couldn't do anything!

Then their hopes sank even lower as their borrowed Surplices fell off them and shot back up into the sky... without them and the strength they held, Fenrir and the others knew they had no chance of taking them all down.

Just then, however, they turned to see such a bright, magnificent light shooting at them, and they realized that Minos had recovered their armor.

"My... my Scale..." Isaac started to say, looking down at the design. As improved-upon as his old Scale had been, this seemed extremely light and at the same time durable... and he still felt Alessi entrusting him with a good portion of the Sphinx Specter's power too.

"Same here," Cecil added. His God Robe maintained its white form, but the armor seemed considerably more majestic now, and the helmet had been replaced with a simple, yet sturdy circlet. And the power he'd felt while wearing Kaiser's Surplice was still with him.

"Here's hoping this time we can get that pillar down," Fenrir announced, pointing at Main Breadwinner again in his blue God Robe. The circlet had already lowered the visor, and he grinned at seeing his old claw extensions on the armor too.

"Perfect timing!"

They turned to see Charybdis and Minos running into view, both of them in their armor too. With all of them here... Fenrir knew they'd take the pillar down this time.

But a sudden spark of flame caused them all to turn and look in horror as Mina rose again, flames erupting all around her.

"You... you damnable fools!" She shouted, "I'LL KILL YOU ALL!"

"FENRIR, TAKE THAT PILLAR DOWN! THE BALROG AND INFERNO ARE STILL PART OF YOUR ARMOR!" Minos yelled as he charged Ambrosia, the others following suit.

"DO IT, FENRIR!" Isaac shouted, throwing Volsung Poseidon's Scale.

Fenrir blinked, time seemed to slow down as he turned and raised his fist to the heavens... Ambrosia looking in sadistic pleasure at her enemies... now lacking the necessary object to harm her. This... this was all down to him now... he couldn't believe it.

"BUSTER..." Fenrir shouted as he ran full-speed at Main Breadwinner, "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!"

It seemed as if time, already slow, came to a stop when Fenrir's fist slammed into the pillar, Ambrosia not paying attention at all as the sheer energy of the pillar resisted Fenrir's strength.

"PLEASE, JUST ONE CRACK!" Fenrir begged.

It's no difference, Mina thought, One man can't possibly destroy what millennia has perfected...

But the sun goddess's blood ran cold as she heard the sound... of stone cracking...

Minos and the others turned around as innumerable cracks appeared all across Main Breadwinner... and then instantaneously were blown away as a tornado would demolish a trailer-park.

"No..." Mina said, her eyes wide in horror, dropping to her knees. She saw two figures walking out of the smoke together... she knew them well before their faces were visible.

On the right, completely drained of strength and barely on his feet, was Fenrir Volsung... the destroyer of the indestructible.

And on the left... stood Julien Solo, wearing Poseidon's Scale and that merciless trident gleaming in his hands.

"Mina..." Julien said as he pointed an accusatory finger at her, "It's time to pay for the actions you did!" A thin bolt fired from his finger, piercing her below the right shoulder.

Ambrosia's screams pierced all of Atlantis as her blood sprayed everywhere, a few droplets even landing of Minos's, Chary's, Isaac's, Cecil's, and Fenrir's armor as Mina staggered back, looking hatefully at Julien.

"No... this is how it always is!" she yelled back, "You always do this!"

"AND WHY DO YOU THINK, AMBROSIA?!?" Julien answered, "BECAUSE YOU DO SHIT LIKE THIS!"

He flung the trident straight at her... the others watching in silence as the weapon shot at her at incredible speed.

There was another splatter of blood everywhere, the trident clearly impaling a heart...

But not Ambrosia's.

...

"I-I'm sorry... Ju-lien..." said Mizuki as she collapsed on the ground, everyone looking in shock at the Corona's act of selflessness. Mina immediately ran to her side, turning her around and looking in Mizuki's eyes. "I'm sorry... my goddess... run while you still can..."

"Mi... Mizuki... why?!?" Mina begged, tears streaming down her face.

Mizuki smiled weakly, blood flowing out of her mouth... "Be... because even..." Somehow, Mizuki found the strength to raise a hand up and cup half of Mina's face, "Even if... if you were just Mina Yuki... you'd be the goddess I love with... all my heart." Her smile vanished slowly as her eyes slowly slid closed.

Everyone stared at Mina, crying at her nearly-dead friend's predicament... even Julien collapsed on the ground, removing his helmet and staring at the ground.

"What... what have I done..." he said quietly... "Mina... Mizuki... everybody..."

"Mizuki... MIZUKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Mina lay on top of the girl that had loved her so dearly... feeling such sorrow and pain in her heart... a twisted... twisted strength and hatred coming from it, if only as a faint whisper she could barely understand and hear.

"Move."

She looked up to see Minos staring down at her.

"Dammit, woman!" Minos shouted, reciting the same line that had caused Hilda to submit, "Do you want me to save her or not!?!"

Mina wordlessly backed away, Minos looking down at the injuring and seeming to smile weakly.

"Charybdis?"

"Yes?"

"How good are you at folding space around a human organ in such a way that I can still sew it back together and she won't die of blood loss?"

Silence permeated the group as Charybdis walked forward and kneeled down. "I should be able to handle it... I..." she turned back to see Poseidon. He was such a young boy, barely older than Fenrir and the others. "I can handle it."

"Then we get to work now."
_
They worked tirelessly, one folding space so that Mizuki's blood still flowed regularly, the other slowly removing Poseidon's trident and at the same time sewing up the injuries...

At long, long last... Mizuki opened her eyes again, weak and groggy, but looking around.

"Lady... Lady Ambrosia?" Mizuki spoke up, looking around. These people... she remembered them instantly... why had they done all this to help her?

"MIZUKI!"

She turned to see her goddess, who seemed like her old self, running at her. Mina jumped up and hugged her before realizing they were in the company of enemies.

Mizuki let Mina down, and she stared at Julien, Minos, Fenrir, Cecil, Isaac, and Charybdis, worried who would be the first to attack.

"This poses a problem..." Minos stated plainly, "You obviously were being manipulated... and I think I know who was responsible... but Ambrosia is a dangerous goddess for a reason. The Earth can't survive the power of such a goddess unchecked. It was a miracle your powers didn't get out of hand."

"Problem solved then," came a familiar, English-accented voice as Radamanthys stepped into view, looking around. "Wow... you... you certainly did a number here... Good thing those pillars reconstitute themselves fairly quickly. Main Breadwinner would be back in no more than a day." But seeing Julien standing there, still in his armor, he shrugged. "But all's well that ends well. And I come bearing gifts too!"

"Like what?" Minos asked.

Radamanthys held up a small bracelet in his hand, after which he walked over to Mina and took her hand. "I assure you, Miss Yuki, this will be of no danger to you."

"Go... go ahead..."

He snapped it on and everybody stared at him for a moment.

"What?"

"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO DO?!?" Everybody shouted in unison.

"Well, Pandora devised a bracelet that served a similar purpose to a Pandora Box," Radamanthys explained, "It should cap Mina's power so it doesn't get out of hand unless she really needs it, at which point she can take it off and then put it back on when the threat's over. It should work fine, if not, I can always contact Pandora. Besides, she needs to come out to Japan to repair the Three Sacred Treasures anyways."

"That's right!" Mina said, looking around. "Horoki, Asuka, and Mana are still alive!"

Julien took a few steps forward, the Poseidon Scale disassembling itself and again forming a small statue. "If that's the case..." He said with a smile on his face, "Let's forget about all of what happened and find them quick."
_
The entire group ran off as a woman walked to the wreckage of the battlefield.

"Damnable Sylphid..." Eurydice growled before walking away, "You have a way of getting in the way of my plans... but next time... next time you won't be so lucky."
 
A/N: All I can really say in regards to Mina not being crazy any more is that getting exposed to the truth of it all is the ultimate cold shower. Besides, she's a magic-girl first, not a would-be conqueror.