Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 54 ( Chapter 54 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaede pulled himself up, staring at Lune's still-intimidating stance. Kirishima was already on her feet... no doubt courtesy of her Reigouki powers... although the girl quickly dug into her trenchcoat's pockets and pulled out a few energy bars and promptly wolfed them down.

"Gotta have nutrients in my body for it to work," she stated, smiling as Asuka and Horoki slowly got up as well. "Anyways... Yata Form SHOGOUKI!" She charged at Kaede, slashing down with her hands, Seiryu jumping away before kicking her in the head. She flipped away, Kaede's eyes opened wide in shock as at the sight of Horoki lunging at him from below, Kusanagi sword in Alecto mode and the rapier aimed right at his heart. Kaede barely rolled away in time, but saw Asuka's grinning mug right in front of his face.

"GLIMMERING JEWEL STRIKE!"

The Yasakani Magatama was smashed right into his face, knocking Kaede down as Asuka walked away, her haughty and arrogant facial expression having returned.

"You were right..." she said as Kaede tried to get up, wiping the blood off his face, "Without his sword, he's nothing. And just to be sure... I'll ask the fortress. Yasakani Form Lachesis..."

Hey, building... Kaede was really only a threat since he was a swordsman, right?

Yes.

Growling, Kaede raised his hands up, thoroughly enraged as bolts of lightning smashed through the ceiling down on the four, but then he suddenly froze in horror as a dark void appeared above all of them.

"You're dead," Lune drawled... "I'll make sure of it."

Suddenly, a gigantic, fiery whip shot down from above, right down at Kaede, who turned just in time to see it.

"DARK VOID STRIKER!"

Inferno blew a hole through his head before looping around his body, wrapping it up. Turning and grinning to the Three Sacred Treasures, Lune gave them the thumbs up.

"Wanna finish it?"

Mana, Horoki, and Asuka quickly exchanged glances before charging.

"KUSANAGI FORM MEGAERA!"

"YATA FORM NIGOUKI!"

"YASAKANI FORM ATROPOS!"

The gigantic, Zweihander Kusanagi smashed into Kaede, nearly cleaving him entirely two as Asuka planted her hands on both sides of his body.

"Go... to... HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!"

A gigantic blast of purple flames blasted Kaede away as Mana grabbed onto the bloody, charred, lacerated remains. "Time to copy a little something of Lune's... DARK VOID DRAGGING!"

Again, yellow bolts of energy shot through him before Kaede suddenly was ripped to pieces, not a single trace of him left.
_
Isabeau suddenly blinked as she felt a sharp pain course through her...

Kaede... Seiryu was dead.

Wiping a single tear away from her face, she turned to the exhausted Mizuki. "You... you've done well this time. But I must truly apologize... this is the end for you."

"I'm not dying here," Mizuki announced as Isabeau tried to get a good look at Mizuki's back.

"What's that?"

"Just something important to me," Mizuki answered.

"I'd like to see..." Isabeau said as she charged. "True..." she dodged a slash and then an electrical blast meant to rewire her nerves before elbowing Mizuki in the chest, knocking her away and grabbing the bag and opening it. She dumped out another set of miko robes. "Peh... I should've known..." She threw them away, smiling as she heard Mizuki groaning. "You're stronger this time... but all Combat Awareness yields to you is knowing exactly how you'll die when the time comes...."

Getting up to her feet, Mizuki growled at Isabeau, who turned around and spat on the robes of the Mizuki of old...

Clenching her fists, a strand of that dark substance appeared in her hands, a gigantic sphere of it appearing on the ground with the Japanese symbol called "Ten", meaning "Heaven", appearing on it. "MAKAI..."

Isabeau smirked... this would be interesting.

Mizuki pulled back on it before spinning it very rapidly and then launching it forward. "WRECKING!!!!!!!"

Isabeau yawned in boredom as she casually outstretched a hand to stop it...

But it smashed into her with the force of a silver bullet train, smashing her through the catacombs and leaving a gigantic whole in the wall. Breathing a sigh of relief, Mizuki walked over to her new clothes, trying to get the dust and grime off them and hoping that was the end of Isabeau...

She certainly didn't sense her at-

"GOT YOU!"

Isabeau snarled as she burst from the floor behind Mizuki, grabbing her and jumping in the air. "HELLFIRE PILEDRIVER!"

Suzaku and miko sailed through the air before flipping and being launched downwards... smashing through floors and eventually reaching the arena where Shigen and Radamanthys were still fighting.

Throwing Mizuki into the lava for a painful and burning death, she sprouted her fairy wings and then noticed that Byakko and Radamanthys had stopped and were looking at her.

"You're still fighting?" she asked sarcastically, pointing at Radamanthys. "Boom."

Raising up his guard, Radamanthys still was rocked by the explosive blast as he slid back, Shigen glaring at Isabeau.

"SUZAKU! THIS IS MY FIGHT!"

"Fine then," she sighed, snapping her fingers as suddenly the lava level began rising extremely fast. "Get out of here... if you can. Ta-ta for now."

She took off back into the higher levels, planning on tracking down Ambrosia as Shigen and Radamanthys exchanged glances. Finally, Byakko shrugged. "If you can't escape this, then you are not a worthy opponent." He jumped into the air, all the way back into the fortress as Radamanthys winced.

Dammit... the bitch just HAD to hurt me before leaving... He suddenly fell to his knees... although he had been faring decently against Byakko, he was running on fumes. He couldn't keep up with the big man much longer, if he even escaped this. There's no way for me to get all the way back up to the top with one jump and the lava'll get me within a minute sooo...

Jumping up into the air, Radamanthys knew what he had to do. "ASTRAL PHANTOM!"

As his body began to fall and assumed a horizontal stance, a phantom appeared out of him, kicking off the original before reaching the peak of its jump and repeating the process, leapfrogging all the way up...

And finally punching a hole through the ground and pointing an accusatory finger at Shigen.

"Well well..." Byakko said while clapping his hands. "We shall continue."
_
"Pathetic..." Moriya sighed as Aiacos collapsed to the ground, out of breath and exhausted. "I mean, true I am much stronger than Shigen or Kaede... but I expected the great Garuda Specter to be more of a challenge..."

Aiacos wiped the blood from his face, rising back up with a smile on his face. "I'm not dead yet, and this fight in nowhere near done."

"And what's with the smile?"

Aiacos was about to answer before Genbu appeared right in front of him. Aiacos kicked him away, but Moriya rebounded off a wall and punched him in the face, knocking the Specter away.

"So what's with the smile? Dead brain cells or something?"

Aiacos shook his head, trying to get back to his feet. "No... someone... someone that means to world to me once said that... that a prosecuto-no, a lawyer, a good lawyer is someone that always smiles. They smile because they have faith."

"Faith?"

"Faith in someone. A defense attorney will have faith and trust in their client, that they're really honest. A prosecutor will have faith and trust in the witnesses and the police... to find the evidence that is needed. And at the same time, that prosecutor and defense attorney must have faith... in each other!" He stood up, pointing at Moriya. "They must have trust and faith that no matter how hard one hits, the other will hit back just as hard... so the truth will be made evident. Me fighting here... it's not much different. I have faith in the Coronas and Radamanthys... we'll save Ambrosia."

Staring at Aiacos, Moriya suddenly burst into laughter, Aiacos suddenly glaring at him. "Trust... faith?" Moriya repeated, amused far too much at this. "You're crazy! That person... they were an idiot! A moron that doesn't understand how humanity is the most lowly and pathetic of the gods' creations!"

Aiacos clenched his teeth before charging at Moriya. "DON'T YOU INSULT KASUMI TODOH AND MINUKI NARYUHADOU EVER AGAIN!!!!!!"

Aiacos punched Moriya dead in the face, Isabeau's brother reeling in pain as Aiacos jumped in the air and then shot down. "GARUDA CLAW CRASH!"

Aiacos's feet pounded into Moriya's gut, smashing him through numerous floors of the fortress before hitting the ground and finally stopping. Aiacos flipped away just in the nick of time, evading Moriya's retaliatory punch and then pointing at him. "OBJECTION!!!"

The sounds echoed hard, Moriya flying into the wall and hitting it... Aiacos was really wondering how the building was even standing up with so much of its support structures gone and all-

"Aiacos!"

He turned to see Lune and the Coronas standing there, looking weary but otherwise fine.

Turning back to Moriya as he stepped out of the wreckage, Aiacos's voice was calm and collected. "Lune, help the girls look for Ambrosia. This one is mine."

"But-"

"JUST DO IT!" Aiacos shouted. "This is a matter of pride... about... about Minuki and Kas-"

"Understood." Lune took off running, Mana, Horoki, and Asuka following him. Aiacos then turned back to Moriya, who was wiping the blood out of his eyes.

"Bravo... you're doing a fantastic job here. But unfortunately, your hope is dead now."

"How so?"

Moriya let out a quick laugh. "Because I'm going to actually get serious now."
 
A/N: More references to Kasumi and Minuki, although you won't find out about them until Episode M. And I'd just like to say now that I had absolutely no intent or desire to have so many names start with “M”… it just kinda happened.