Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 70 ( Chapter 70 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

As Aiolia and a dark-violet haired man sat in the arena, watching the battle between Fenrir and Milo, the Leo Saint scoffed. "Azure Needles? How predictable..."

"Just recycling the same ploy over again. Certainly not worthy of his Gold Saint status..."

"Well, my brother thinks he was, Angelo, and at any rate, all he needs to do is beat one God Warrior."
_
Fenrir jumped away from Milo's next flurry of Azure Needles, trying to think of a way out of his current predicament. True, living up in Asgard without the ability to cook food had forced his body to undergo certain changes, bolstering his auto-immune system against disease and enabling him to survive considerable amounts of venom in his bloodstream, but that was provided his liver could actually work and filter the stuff out. With each Azure Needle, however, things were just going to get worse.

Milo's hit me with one already... Fenrir thought, And unfortunately it didn't hit the same spot as the first Scarlet Needle, so I have no idea about the order of these ones...

As he rolled to the side in front of Milo, Fenrir fired off a point-black Dead Howling... not to actually hit the Scorpio Gold Saint, but to intercept and protect himself from Milo's Restriction attack. With a few extra seconds, Fenrir swung his left leg into Milo's chest, ignoring the pain as a second Azure Needle pierced his body.

"You're persistent..." Mycean said as he skidded away, catching his breath.

"Thanks... I pride myself on such," Fenrir responded.

Milo then pointed accusingly at Fenrir before charging. "BUT YOU'RE ALSO A GODDAMN ARROGANT BASTARD!" He punched at Fenrir, nailing him in the gut before firing another Azure Needle into Fenrir, knocking him into a statue of a giant scorpion. Fenrir rose up from the rubble, Milo again appearing with that deranged look. "To insult our Pope... our great leader... is an unforgivable sin! HE HAS LED US FAIRLY FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS! AZURE NEEDLE!"

The fourth shot pierced through Fenrir's left shoulder as he staggered back... right before another three shot through his right leg's shin, knee, and thigh. Another three did the same to Fenrir's left leg, and he collapsed on the ground, panting and struggling to get back up.

"The poison is already doing its purpose," Milo said as Fenrir tried to get back up, his vision going hazy. "The Azure Needles, besides damaging you on their own, are removing the various protections your body used to soften the poisons of my Scarlet Needles. Your senses are fading away... aren't they?"

"What?!?" Fenrir said, shaking his head in confusion... his eyesight was fading away... he could feel as if he was blacking out... NO! He charged where he guessed Milo was, fighting on instinct and barely dodging a quartet of Azure Needles before connecting with another Legendary Wolf punch sequence, punching as fast as he could.

Milo staggered back from the furious blows accompanied by the shouts of "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!!!!" A final Dead Howling caused him to be blown into a wall, Fenrir spitting in his general direction.

No... no way... Milo thought, blinking in surprise as Fenrir stood there, trying to catch his breath. In... in all my field tests... my opponents should be as blind and senseless as those that fought the infamous Virgo Saint would be! Growling in frustration, Milo teleported behind Fenrir, blasting him with the eleventh Azure Needle through the back as Fenrir staggered forward, coughing up blood before-

"BUSTER WOLF!"

Fenrir swung around, punching as fast as he could, but Milo just stepped out of the way and hit him with the twelfth Azure Needle, grinning at Fenrir's agony before the God Warrior grabbed onto his hand and pulled Milo right in front of him, smashing his head into Milo's.

Of course, Fenrir promptly screamed in pain again as Milo kicked him away and successfully shot Fenrir with the thirteenth needle.

"Forget my helmet, blind boy?" Milo asked. "Or are you so deaf you can't even hear my insults now?"

Fenrir staggered back, falling to his knees as Milo laughed before hitting with the fourteenth needle... just one left.

"I don't choose surrender," Fenrir somehow spoke quietly, looking up. He couldn't hear anything... see anything... his senses were gone... possibly forever. "I don't choose surrender or death!" His fists were clenched so much his fingers were cutting into his skin, the blood slowly trickling out.

Milo looked at him for a moment, mouth open wide in shock. This... this man... he's practically on death's door... and yet his voice betrays no fear whatsoever... He still thinks he can win... as impossible as it would be... he still thinks he can win!

"Milo..." Fenrir slowly said, hoping what he was saying was understandable since his hearing was shot. "I refuse your offer... everyone's counting on me. It is for that reason, if there was even the need for anything other, that I will defeat you. I can't see. I can't hear. I can't even feel the gentle breeze in the temple or smell or taste the smoke and dust in the air.

"But I'm going to win. Isaac, Cecil, Chary... they've done what they could. Now it's my job... to beat you and anyone else!" He charged... thankfully for one thing about Milo's final attack...
_
Charybdis leaned back in her seat with a grin on her face. "Fenrir figured it out..."

"What... Combat Awareness?" Isaac asked.

Cecil shook his head. "No... but something that will still let him win this fight... or at least stall until he develops it."

"And that would be...?"

Chary and Cecil exchanged glances before smiling. "Milo lost this fight the moment he showed Fenrir the Scarlet Needle Antares."
_
"WOLF-"

"AZURE-"

"CRUELTY-"

"NEEDLE-"

"CLAW!"

"ANTARES!"

Milo and Fenrir both struck with their respective attacks, smashing into each other... Milo feeling his left hand piercing flesh as Fenrir's attack stopped centimeters away from his face.

"You're dead, Volsung..." Milo said with a grin before Fenrir slashed down nevertheless, clawing at his arms and kicking Milo away... WHA?!? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! He looked down... he had been so sure...

"Your Antares has a single flaw, Milo... it only works on one place. The Scarlet Antares strikes my heart... and I knew the Azure Antares went after my liver. Easy enough to block with my arm."

Milo staggered back... this was impossible...

"And you know what?" Fenrir said with a grin, taking a deep breath before blasting off all of his armor save for his clawed gauntlets. "I think I get it now..."

"What?"

Fenrir grinned before stabbing himself in numerous places, blackened, poisonous blood coming from his wounds before he hit a pressure point and the blood flow stopped. He then opened his eyes and pointed at Milo. "What else? Combat Awareness!" His armor quickly reassembled itself on him as he charged at Milo, who barely teleported away in time.

That... that's impossible! Milo thought... How could he know where to hit to drain out all my poison?!? IT CAN'T BE DONE! He looked down at his right hand... and decided he had no other option. If he missed, he would lose. That being said, if this continued, he'd lose anyways.

Channeling his rather limited healing powers into his right hand, Milo mended the bone and then looked up to see Fenrir charging at him.

"NORTHERN GUNRO KEN!"

"RESTRICTION!"

Milo froze Fenrir and his wolves in place before charging... only for Fenrir to bend out of the way of his kick and connect with a Buster Wolf that left Milo reeling in pain.

"I was able to sense what areas in the fabric of space your telekinetic ploy wouldn't effect. A piece of cake after that." A kick to the head sent Milo flying away, his headpiece coming off as Fenrir grinned. "How's it feel, Milo? Not only the record setter for becoming a Gold Saint in the least amount of time, but also the record setter for least amount of time between coronation and humiliating defeat!"

"That's what you think..." Milo said with a grin before pointing at Fenrir with both hands.

"SCARLET AND AZURE-"

Fenrir pulled back for another Wolf Cruelty Claw, not bothering wasting time shouting out the attack name.

"NEEDLE ANTARES!"

Now.

In spite of his lightspeed movement, Milo never saw Fenrir blast by him, slashing up the Gold Saint's hands, arms, and chest, sending him flying into the air in agony before kicking him into a wall.

"For what reason do you fight?" Fenrir asked as Milo tried to get back up to his feet. "Don't answer me now... think on it." He quickly traced the constellation of Ursa Major, and one bone crushing "ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" sequence later, Milo staggered away from Fenrir, collapsing on the ground.
_
The audience was speechless... a Gold Saint... not just the hidden Gold Saint... but an honest to goodness true Gold Saint... defeated by a single GOD WARRIOR!

And then Charybdis, Cecil, Isaac, Pandora, and Radamanthys shouted out in joy... they had done it.

Two Gold Saints down... nine to go.

Athena smiled as she stood up and applauded the victorious Team Pentrine, Aldebaran turning to her in surprise as well as the other Saints and guards of Sanctuary... they had done well...

And then there was the sudden sound of a body hitting the ground from a great height... and when everyone got a good look at the arena floor... they found in there, Milo Mycean... thrown there all the way from the hands of Fenrir Volsung.

"Didn't think he needed to spend 24 hours in that place anyways... it's a wreck," Fenrir sighed as he walked into view.