Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ 01 ❯ 01:1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

01:1

*

Disclaimer:I do not own Evangelion or any of the characters they are the property of their respective creators. Please be aware that no profit is being made from this work of fan fiction.

A/N: Thanks go out to D14852001 for correcting me, it was the 15th not the 14th angel that raped Asuka's mind. Sorry, been a while since I watched the series!

This was my first Evangelion fiction. Now as I am on my sixth work, presently I thank everyone who supported this story and took the time and effort to review. I now present you with this revised edition, now reformatted to meet the standards I have developed in my newer works and with the grammar (hopefully) sorted out.

Regards,

Hououza

*

Asuka lay on her futon staring up at the ceiling, her face twisting as a war went on inside her mind. If one were to look closely you would see that her eyes were red and puffy, her cheeks streaked with dried tears...

Meanwhile Shinji Ikari, the third child as designated by the Marduk report, pilot of the deadly Eva Unit-01, lay in a hospital bed comatose. At his side sat one Rei Ayanami, the first child and pilot of Eva Unit-00. After many hours, she had finally fallen asleep in her chair, her head resting softly on the boy's outstretched arm. Had he been awake he may have blushed at the contact, however in his present state he remained oblivious to the blue haired half-angel watching over his silent form...

*

Misato was sitting in her office at Nerv, since Shinji had fallen into a coma she had been spending more and more time at work, she had even stopped drinking beer. Coupled with the loss of her on again, off again lover, Ryoji Kaji, Shinji's illness had almost crippled her. She could not face Asuka any longer; following the mind rape by the 15th angel, she had become increasingly unstable. Unfortunately, Shinji had born the brunt of her attacks right up until a few days ago…

*

Most of the time, Asuka would berate Shinji calling him a 'baka' and a 'hentai', occasionally striking him when her temper got very bad. Since the 15th however the physical abuse had become almost constant, all the rage she had been directed at the boy. Finally one day it all fell apart…Asuka burst into his room and began to beat on him as usual when she stopped for a moment as she noticed his eyes…

Gone was the normal pained expression, the occasional warmth when for a few brief moments the weight of the world was lifted from his shoulders, now they were dull and lifeless. Asuka opened her mouth and began to scream, those eyes reminding her of the doll her mother had been holding, the doll that was supposed to be her...

The sound of the ringing of the phone ringing snapped her from her stupor and finally allowed her to pull away from his gaze.

"Moshi moshi"

"Asuka? Where's Shinji?"

She flinched a little at the question

"He's in his room Misato"

The lavender haired major was a little taken back, no insults?

"You both have a sync test in an hour, I'll have to send Section 2 to pick you up"

"Ok"

Asuka put down the phone and walked over to the room from which she had fled only moments before

"Shinji...Misato called, we have a sync test in an hour, Section 2 will be coming to get us"

"Yes"

That single word sent shivers down her spine; his voice had become a flat monotone, devoid of emotion, just like the doll

"Wondergirl..."

The hour passed quickly, Shinji remained sitting silently in his room while Asuka remained in hers, normally she would have gone into the front room and watched the television but now she could not bear it, the feeling of those dull eyes gazing out at her, only in her room did she feel free of his gaze. Even when Section 2 arrived and they were escorted down to the car below she could not face him, a slight glance at his face when he had been led from his room was more than enough...

*

Rei III was making her way to the changing rooms when the second and third children arrived, since her self-destruction of her Eva to protect Shinji and her subsequent revival all her former memories had been erased, or so the Commander thought. Dr Akagi had become slowly disillusioned with Gendo and had not removed them but sealed them away instead. Fragments of memory drifted back to her, mostly concerning Pilot Ikari. The boy in question was now advancing on the male changing rooms, she turned to gaze at him and almost instantly, something felt wrong...

'He is not walking as he normally does, he seems different somehow'

Rei's thoughts swam with images of Shinji smiling at her, trying to talk to her

'He was the only one other than the commander...'

Now images of the commander swept into her mind, father and son yet the two Ikari's were totally opposite in behaviour...

By now Shinji had entered the changing rooms, Pilot Soryu had done also. Now Rei was left alone with a choice, she could enter the female changing rooms and ignore what she had seen or she could follow Ikari...it would seem that more of the second Rei remained than the commander would have liked for she advanced on the male changing rooms and stepped inside...

Rei found herself falling landing on a soft warm object, she looked down to see the naked form of the third child beneath her. Another memory surfaced, Shinji lying on top of her when he had fallen in her apartment. Now it seemed the same incident was being played out again yet this time the roles had been reversed...her thoughts were interrupted when he spoke

"Get off"

The words sounded familiar and as another memory resurfaced she recalled using the same words she to him once in a similar situation, the voice sounding hauntingly familiar to her own. For the first time she truly looked at his eyes and noticed, they were not looking at her, but rather at some point behind her head. The sight of this caused something deep inside of her to snap and she flung her arms around the boy and began to weep onto his bare chest. She felt a soft pressure against her cheek and looked up to see his hand was pressing against it, fuelled by an unknown desire she reached up and pressed her lips over his...

*

While all this had been happening, Asuka had been changing in the female side. Just as she depressed the button and her plug suit became skintight, she noticed a sound coming from the other side, like a girl crying. Now she finally noticed that wondergirl had not joined her, wondering what could be happening she advanced to the sheet that separated the two sides and pulled it back a little...she saw Rei, atop a naked Shinji, kissing him! Anger bubbled up inside her as she stormed through the curtain and hauled wondergirl off him by her hair

"Get the hell away from him wonderslut! What do you think you're doing!"

Rei struggled and tried to pull away but Asuka's grip only tightened

"He's mine! Do you hear me?! Stay away from him wondergirl!"

Finally she released the grip on the other girl's hair, Rei ran from the changing rooms still sobbing. Blinded by anger Asuka bent down till she was face to face with Shinji

"You belong to me"

She pressed the release on the arm of her plug suit and it fell to the floor. Gently she lowered her naked form onto him, adjusting as her body got used to the sensation…

As she cried out his name finally the last of her anger abated and she realised the magnitude of what she had done...she had just raped Shinji...she now noticed his eyes seemed glazed over and put her ear to his chest, his heartbeats were very weak and irregular. Terrified, Asuka pulled her plug suit back on and dragged him into the shower, desperate to remove any trace of what she had done before she went to find help. As the water washed over his silent form, she ran to find doctor Akagi...

*

When the doctor arrived, she immediately called for a medical team and Shinji was transferred to the hospital, he had somehow slipped into a coma and they had no telling when or if he would awaken. In addition to this, on a full examination the doctor had noted he had intercourse, most likely non-consensual. This little detail of course she only revealed to the Commander, nothing was placed in the official records. When she told him what had most likely occurred he had stopped her for a moment, there was little doubt that Gendo had no love of his son yet an assault on his best pilot was a serious matter...even more so as said pilot was vital to his scenario as Unit-01 would accept no other. He ordered doctor Akagi to perform a full investigation before dismissing her. Sub-Commander Fuyutski looked at the man who had once been his pupil

'Yui...can you ever forgive us for what we have allowed to happen to your son?'

As if in answer Unit-01's eyes glowed for a single instant...

*

When Misato was about to leave to visit Shinji she was surprised to see Rei standing behind her

"What is it Rei?"

"I wish to see Pilot Ikari"

"Shinji?"

"Yes"

The lavender haired major stood for a moment, openly shocked by the girl's request. Rei had never asked for such a thing before, even when he had returned from the twelfth her reaction to it return had been minimal

"Alright Rei, come with me"

She led the quiet albino girl to her battered blue sports car and drove them over to the hospital, anyone who knew Misato's driving would have been shocked as she managed to remain within the speed limit the whole journey, her thoughts wrapped up in both concern for her charge and the mystery of Rei's sudden concern for Shinji...

Misato could hardly bear to look at the boy as he laid there, numerous tubes piecing his flesh as well as one in his nose supplementing his breathing. Rei had remained outside; preferring to visit him after the major was done

"I'm sorry Shinji"

The major bent down and planted a single kiss on his forehead before turning to leave. As she, left the room Rei moved silently past her and into the room.

"Ikari"

Somehow, that felt wrong, she did not feel comfortable calling him by his last name anymore

"Shinji"

That had felt different somehow, the soft syllables igniting a fire within her heart. As she looked down upon him, the last memories of the second Rei entered her mind

"...to become one with him..."

Acting as if lost in a trance she tugged at fastening on the skirt and let it fall to the ground, her shirt unbuttoned and followed suit. Clad only in her underwear she slid into the bed beside him. Her hands reached behind her back and unclasped the bra, pulling it away and placing it with the rest of her clothes, then finally the last item, her panties joined the rest of her clothes...satisfied in a way she never thought possible Rei Ayanami fell asleep on top of her lover...

*

Asuka had spent the next few days locked away in her room; her mind was in turmoil over what she had done. First, she had reduced Shinji to little more than a walking doll, then she had raped him, and finally in trying to wash the evidence of her crime away he had fallen into a coma and might die. Her dreams were terrible, once more she saw herself as a child running to find her mother having become a pilot only to find her dead, her corpse hanging from the ceiling, an arm gripping a doll that she had believed was her daughter...but now it was different, now the doll was not her, but instead it resembled Shinji. She had woken up screaming the first time, and every time since then, her sobs and cries echoing into the night.

Finally after a week had passed she managed to find the courage to go and see him, dressed in that same yellow sundress she had been wearing when they first met on the cruiser 'Over the Rainbow' she journeyed to the Tokyo-3 hospital. It was an uneventful journey and soon she found herself at the door to the room where he lay...Rei had left to use the rest room so Shinji was alone. She crossed over to the bed and looked down at the boy's face, he almost seemed to be sleeping peacefully, a drastic contrast to the times she had watched him sleep during their synchronisation training. Looking down at the floor, she began to mumble an apology but was interrupted when the door opened to reveal Rei

"Wondergirl! What the hell are you doing here?!"

The girl did not answer; Asuka noticed her eyes where not on her but rather the bed beside her. She turned to see Shinji sitting up in bed his eyes still closed. Then, all of a sudden they snapped open...

His eyes were green, not green as a human's would have been but more like the Eva's when its head armour had been destroyed in the battle with the third angel. His mouth opened and let out a cry that was only equalled by the sound of Unit-01 as it went berserker...

*

Deep within the Geofront alarms were sounding

"Pattern detected"

"What type is it?"

Sub-Commander Fuyutski calmly asked the frantic bridge bunny Shigeru now franticly hammering away at the controls

"Type is confirmed as…orange! Sir! It's the same as Unit-01"

"Impossib..."

The Commander's comment was cut short as Unit-01 let out a terrible cry

"What's happening here? Report"

"Sir! It's Unit-01! It's going berserk!"