Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ A New Beginning/ A New World: Emerald Edition ❯ Chapter 31: (I always feel like) Somebody's Watching Me ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 31: (I always feel like) Somebody's Watching Me
 
1/3/2006- fixed a few spelling errors that a reader noticed, and edited a few lines near the bottom with the part in the bathroom with Hikari/Toji.
 
This chapter begins with the end of Misato's phone conversation. The rest of the occupants of the apartment make their way into the kitchen and start asking Misato questions about the plane that just passed.
 
Wednesday January 20th, 2016
 
Asuka: What was that noise earlier?
 
Misato: It seems like there was a malfunction in the transmitter of a plane that was flying nearby and they had to quickly scramble a plane to intercept it…
 
Kensuke: Well, that'd explain the sonic boom earlier…
 
Misato nods her head and Rei realizes that Kensuke was right about what he said earlier. She thinks to herself… `Maybe I should learn more military information… I'm sure Kensuke can help me with that…'
 
Shinji sits down at the table and finishes his breakfast. Hikari and Toji split up the leftover food and begin to eat as well. As he eats, Shinji thinks about the drawings he's planning to make later in the day. `Hmm… I need a setting and a pose for each person that fits their personality. Asuka will be easy to figure out… I think I'll start with her…'
 
Asuka is a little surprised when Shinji asks her to come with him to his room after breakfast. The others watching wonder what's going on… but just shrug their shoulders.
 
Asuka: (Sitting down on the bed) So… why are we in your room?
 
Shinji: Well, remember I talked about drawing some pictures yesterday…
 
Asuka: Oh, yeah… (Smiles)… and you decided to draw me first. That's very sweet of you, Shin-chan…
 
Shinji: (Gathering his paper and pencils) It's up to you to figure out a pose that you want me to draw…
 
Asuka thinks about that for a moment as Shinji gets himself ready to draw. `I should pose in a way that fits me… that says `Asuka'… hmmm…'
 
Asuka: Almost ready, Shinji?
 
Shinji: Sure.
 
Asuka sits down on the bed and as Shinji's eyes focus on her, she starts to unbutton her pajama top. Shinji manages to say something after the first button is opened…
 
Shinji: (Getting more nervous by the second) Umm… I was gonna draw you with your clothes on, Asuka…
 
Asuka: (Playfully) But this is so much more fun… and don't worry, I'll give you a pose that you can use and show to everyone else. Only you get to see me without a shirt on… (Winks)
 
Shinji sighs and Asuka opens up another two buttons, revealing some cleavage. Asuka knows that his eyes are on her chest, but stops unbuttoning her top. She smoothes out her top and makes sure that a little lace on her bra is showing. She bends forward slightly and then asks Shinji a question.
 
Asuka: Is this good? (Winks) I think it's sexy…
 
Shinji: (Blushing) Umm… yeah… I think I can draw that pose…
 
Asuka: (Playing with Shinji some more) I hope this isn't distracting you… (Runs a finger down the lace of her bra)
 
Shinji: (Unable to start drawing) Asuka… you are…
 
Asuka: Go on.
 
Shinji: (Stuttering out his next words­) G-gorgeous…
 
Asuka: (Smiles) Thank you… (Puts her hands back down at her side) I'll stand still now so you can draw, okay?
 
Shinji: (Breathing a sigh of relief as his hands stop shaking) Thanks…
 
Asuka holds her pose as Shinji begins to sketch her. She wonders what he's thinking about as he the drawing starts to come together. `He seemed a little nervous when I did that pose… but still, he's a lot better now then he was before. I know he's getting bolder with me… and I love it…'
 
Several minutes later, Shinji stops drawing and motions Asuka over to take a look at what he has so far. Asuka's eyebrows go up for a moment and then she takes advantage of the opportunity to tease Shinji again.
 
Asuka: It looks good so far, Shinji… but I think you overdid one part…
 
Shinji: (Not sure what she means by that) Which part?
 
Asuka: (Points at the drawing) My chest seems a little bigger in the drawing… (Playfully)… wishful thinking, Shinji?
 
Shinji: (Nervously) Umm…
 
Asuka: I know you can't keep your eyes off of them… you can be so naughty sometimes, Shinji… (Winks)
 
Shinji is flustered for a moment and then decides to reply back to Asuka.
 
Shinji: Asuka, you're the one who's showing them off to me…
 
Asuka: (Pretending to be angry) So you don't want me to be sexy around you, is that it?
 
Shinji: (Sweating) No, no… (Puts his drawing down) Asuka… (Kisses her on the lips)
 
Asuka: Mmm… looks like my training is really beginning to pay off…
 
Shinji: (Softly) Yeah… thank you, Asuka. (Pulls her into a hug) Anything for my… (Voice drops off as he speaks the next few words)… naughty girl.
 
Asuka: (Feigning ignorance) Who's a naughty girl?
 
Shinji: (Smiling) You are… and you want me to be just like you… that was the point of the training, wasn't it?
 
Asuka: (Blushes) Umm…
 
Shinji: Asuka… (Runs his fingers through her hair)
 
Asuka wraps her arms around Shinji and puts her head over his right shoulder. All is quiet for a few moments and then tears begin to form in Asuka's eyes…
 
Asuka: (Softly) That wasn't the whole reason, Shinji… I just wanted to you to be more like me… you know… bold, in your face, energetic. I wasn't trying to change your personality… just add a few things… I'm sorry…
 
Shinji thinks about what Asuka just said and realizes that he used to be lacking in those areas. `She loves me so much that she went through all of this to help me out… I think she was right. I'm a little bit different now then I was before… and in a good way. I have to thank Asuka for that…'

Shinji: (Softly) Asuka, look at me…
 
Asuka gently moves her head back and is happy when Shinji brushes the tears off of her face.
 
Shinji: (Takes a deep breath before getting the courage to speak his next words) I love you, Asuka… don't change on me. The way you are… is the reason I fell in love with you…
 
Asuka: Liebshin… (Kisses Shinji)
 
Shinji returns her kiss and pulls her even closer. Asuka feels his hands go down her back onto her behind, which Shinji gently begins to squeeze. Asuka can feel the excitement building within her and begins to rub her chest against his. Soft moans of ecstasy are heard as the two lovers share an intimate moment together.
 
 
Back out in the front room. Kaji waves goodbye to Misato as she heads off for work. He decides to break out the disco music again to help pass the time for the two couples that are looking for something to do. Not seeing Asuka or Shinji anywhere in sight, he pops in a CD for the others to listen to and gently knocks on Shinji's door.
 
Kaji: You guys want to dance? The others were looking for you…
 
Shinji: (Gently breaking the kiss with Asuka) We'll be there in a minute…
 
Kaji hears what Shinji just said and passes the word on to the other four teens.
 
Kensuke: I wonder what they were doing in there?
 
Rei: I do not know… my brother was the one who led her into his room earlier.
 
Toji: Hey, did yah hear anything while you were at da door, Kaji?
 
Kaji: (Shakes his head) Nope, not a thing.
 
Shinji and Asuka emerge from the room a moment later, what Shinji is carrying with him gets the others attention.

Rei: What is that, brother?
 
Shinji: I was making a drawing of Asuka… did you guys wanna see it?
 
Kensuke: I didn't know you drew, Shinji…
 
Rei: (Curious about what Shinji was doing earlier) I would like to see the drawing.
 
Shinji flips open his sketch book and opens to the page where his most recent drawing is on. Shinji hears some “oohs” as six figures try to get a better look at the picture.
 
Shinji: (Commenting on the picture) It's not quite done… I need to add some shading to it…
 
Hikari: It's nice… and it's definitely Asuka…
 
Asuka: (Flattered) Why, thank you… I came up with that pose myself.
 
Shinji: You… like it?
 
Kaji: Not bad, Shinji…
 
Toji: Pretty good, Shin-man… I wish I could draw like that…
 
Rei: Do you have a title for the picture?
 
Shinji: Oh… (Moves his hand off the top of the paper) I call this picture “Asuka being Asuka…”
 
Asuka: Hmm… I think it fits…
 
Hikari, Toji, and Kensuke nod their heads in agreement.
 
Rei: (Putting a hand on Shinji's shoulder) Would you make a drawing for me, Shinji?
 
Shinji: Actually, I was gonna make a drawing for everyone. Do you me to draw you now?
 
Rei: (Smiles) Sure…
 
Shinji walks back towards his room and Rei soon follows. On her way to Shinji's room, she tugs at Kensuke's shirt and he silently follows her. Kaji chuckles and Asuka smiles. `She can't seem to get enough of Kensuke… it's nice to see her happy. After all that we've been through, we all need something good in our lives…' Asuka sighs and walks over to the CD player.
 
Asuka: (Taking a guess about what's in the CD player) More disco music?
 
Kaji: Yeah… you guys up for some more dancing?
 
Toji: (Excited about any chance to dance with Hikari) Sure!
 
Kaji: Just follow my lead…
 
As Kaji plays some more music and demonstrates some dance moves to the teens in the front room, Shinji once again sits down at his desk and waits for Rei and Kensuke to decide on a pose for the picture.
 
Rei: I hope you do not mind that Ken-kun is in the picture as well…
 
Shinji: It's no problem, Rei…
 
Kensuke: (Thinking about the situation) Rei, umm… I was thinking, you know for this picture, would you… (Rei turns and looks at Kensuke intently)… umm… sit on my lap? (Gulps)
 
Rei smiles and sits in Kensuke's lap. “Good idea…” Rei says as she looks at her very nervous boyfriend.
 
Shinji: I was about to suggest something like that… (Decides to comment on Kensuke's situation)… come on, Kensuke, you look like you're nervous or something… (Chuckles)
 
Kensuke: Hey!
 
Rei: (Places a kiss on Kensuke's cheek) Do not be nervous…
 
Kensuke doesn't audibly reply but slowly extends his arms around Rei's stomach and holds her tightly. She tilts her head up and looks at his face…
 
Shinji: Perfect! Hold that pose!
 
Rei: (Caught off guard for a moment) Sure.
 
Kensuke: Try and hurry up, Shinji…
 
Shinji: Rei, give me your best smile…
 
Shinji watches as Rei's lips curl into a very happy and genuine smile… he can tell that she's truly happy with Kensuke and all that he's done for her since they got together. Kensuke begins to relax and smiles back at Rei. Shinji does his best to capture the true feeling of the moment as the lines and pencil strokes begin to converge.
 
After a few more minutes, Shinji finishes the basic drawing and begins to color in the finer details. He tells Rei and Kensuke that they can take a break from posing… but not to leave yet.
 
Rei: I do not mind the wait… I am comfortable…
 
Kensuke blushes and says nothing. Shinji tries to speed up the coloring, to spare his friend some embarrassment. He knows that Rei doesn't mind the wait… but Kensuke is still nervous about being so affectionate in front of others. `I used to be like that with Asuka… I think Rei's trying to help him overcome that nervousness…' Shinji thinks as he puts the final touches on the drawing. Motioning towards the picture, Shinji indicates to Rei and Kensuke that the picture is done.
 
Kensuke: (Looking the picture over) Let's see what you got here… hmm… looks good to me.
 
Rei: (Impressed) I like it…
 
Shinji: I just need a title… any suggestions?
 
Kensuke: (Scratches his chin) Hmm…
 
Rei: How about “Lovers in Blue”?
 
Kensuke: (Blushing profusely) Rei!
 
Shinji: How'd you come up with that, Rei?
 
Rei: Well… Ken-kun and I are both wearing blue pajamas…
 
Shinji: Ah… (Pauses) I'll use it… thanks, Rei.
 
Rei waits until Shinji is done writing before she gives him a quick hug. Shinji gives her the picture and she brings the picture out to the others in the front room. Shinji stops Kensuke before he leaves the room.
 
Shinji: Hey, hang in there…
 
Kensuke: I'm tryin'… but your sister… damn… sometimes she's just so… excitable… and unpredictable. I'm still reelin' from the simple fact that she likes me so much…
 
Shinji: Well, don't forget that all of this is new for her… the emotions, being all human, being in love… it's a crazy time for her… hell, for all of us.
 
Kensuke: Yeah, I guess you're right… and when did you become so all knowing?
 
Shinji: Hey! I umm… I know about having an excitable girlfriend… so that's why I said what I said…
 
Kensuke: (Realizing that Shinji probably has the more excitable of the two girls) Umm… yeah…
 
Shinji: Come on, let's go back and see what everyone else is doing…
 
Shinji and Kensuke head back to the front room and find the others looking intently at the picture that he just drew.
 
Kensuke: Shinji here did a good job, right guys?
 
Toji: Yeah… (Looks at Shinji) Hey, are you gonna make a picture of me and Hikari next?
 
Hikari blushes while Shinji nods his head.
 
Shinji: Yeah… you two were next on my list. Just let me know when you're ready…
 
Toji: Well, if Hikari's ready, then…
 
Hikari: (Cutting Toji off) Anytime, Shinji…
 
Shinji motions Hikari and Toji and they follow him to his studio/room. Kaji begins to wonder aloud if Shinji could make a drawing of him and Misato together.
 
Asuka: I don't know about that, Kaji…
 
Kaji: What do you mean, Asuka?
 
Asuka: Well, knowing you two, your hands would be all over each other, clothes would start coming off, and my poor Shin-chan would be having a nosebleed because of all of the skin being shown…
 
Kensuke and Rei begin chuckling at this and Kaji's face turns a little red.
 
Kaji: Asuka, I think I could keep from doing “That” long enough for Shinji to make a drawing… (Sighs)
 
Asuka: (Wagging a finger at Kaji) You keep telling yourself that…
 
Kaji gets Asuka in a headlock and Kensuke and Rei cannot help but laugh at her predicament. Seeing Rei laugh like this makes Kensuke wonder how far along Rei is with dealing with her new emotions. `She seems to have humor down pretty good…' he thinks as Asuka struggles to break free from Kaji's grasp.
 
Finally, Kaji releases Asuka and she sits down on the couch, sporting a pout on her face. Kaji decides to be serious and calm Asuka down.
 
Kaji: You know, Asuka… (Sits down next to her) Misato and I think of you as our daughter, just like Rei over here…
 
Asuka: (Very surprised) Really?
 
Kaji: (Nodding his head) Yep. I'm very proud to have two fine daughters who are willing to fight… SEELE has to be stopped.
 
Asuka leans her head on Kaji's shoulder and Rei sits down on the couch and mimics what Asuka's doing. All Kaji can think of at the moment is `I wish Misato was here to see this…'
 
 
Over in Shinji's room, Hikari and Toji are sitting on the bed and openly debating what kind of pose they want to be in for Shinji. Shinji. For his part, Shinji is silent. He doesn't want to interfere in this matter… it is a matter of personal taste.
 
Hikari: Toji. I don't know…
 
Toji: Listen, why don't we ask Shinji here for some ideas, okay?
 
Hikari: Sure, why not?
 
Hikari and Toji turn and look at Shinji, who inwardly sighs.
 
Shinji: Well… I think that one pose worked well for Kensuke and Rei… why don't you try doing the same thing?
 
Hikari blushes and Toji's eyebrows go up slightly.
 
Hikari: You want me… to sit on Toji's lap?
 
Toji: (Teasing Hikari) Oh, come on… I know you wanna…
 
Hikari: (Very embarrassed) TOJI!
 
Shinji cannot help but chuckle a little at what's going on in front of him. Toji tries to calm Hikari down and then notices Shinji staring at them both, sporting a smile on his face.
 
Hikari: (Fidgeting a little before finally making up her mind to sit on Toji's lap) Okay… here goes nothing…
 
Toji watches as Hikari gets up and then sits on his lap. He cannot help but be a little excited about what's going on… `Da class rep is on my lap… but she seems a little nervous. I gotta calm her down…' Toji thinks as he ponders how to calm her down. A moment later, a thought comes to mind.
 
Toji winds one arm around her... and the other arm is slowly stroking her back... almost as though he were giving her a massage. After a few moments, she begins to feel at ease and very comfortable. `I really like what he's doing…'
 
Hikari lets out a soft moan... and rests her head on Toji's shoulder... while he keeps massaging her... neither one notices that Shinji has begun to start drawing them.
 
When Shinji says he's done... they kinda blink and ask when he started... and then it hits them that they were sitting like that... for some time... and not realizing it. Shinji motions the two over to take a look at the picture so far.
 
Hikari: It's very nice, Shinji… I can tell that you captured the warmth of the moment…
 
Toji: Yeah, I like it… you draw a really good Hikari… (Hikari blushes)
 
Shinji: Only really good?
 
Toji: Yea, nothin' beats the real thing!
 
Hikari blushes madly at this causing Toji and Shinji to smile for different reasons.
 
Shinji: I need a title… any ideas?
 
Toji and Hikari are silent as they think of a good title for the picture.
 
Toji: How about something with “Lovers” in it?
 
Hikari blushes yet again but tries to regain her composure quickly. `I gotta stop being so embarrassed all the time…' Hikari thinks as she tries to add on to Toji`s idea.
 
Shinji: Hmmm… what about “A Loving Moment in Time” for the title?
 
Hikari: Sounds good to me… what do you think, Toji?
 
Toji: Sure… (Looks at Shinji) You da man, Shinji.
 
Shinji blushes and shakes his head. He modestly replies back and tries to be humble about this picture idea. The three talk for a little while and Shinji finishes the picture. Toji and Hikari are very happy with the results and Shinji heads out to the front room to show the others and to finish the other two pictures… leaving Hikari and Toji alone in the bedroom.
 
After Shinji leaves, Toji realizes something… Hikari has been sitting on his lap and hasn't made a move to get off. `She must like sitting on my lap… I know she likes it when I hold her like I'm doing now…'
 
Hikari: (Breaking the silence) Toji…
 
Toji: What is it, Hikari?
 
Hikari: I've been thinking… you know… about us…
 
Toji: Yeah…
 
Hikari: Well… I've been thinking about this for a while… and I want to propose something…
 
Toji: (His full attention now on Hikari) What is it?
 
Hikari: (Softly) I know that you want to get closer to me… and I've been having stronger feelings for you lately, especially since we've been together in this apartment. I'm just… worried… that if we start getting more intimate that we'll rush things and end up doing…
 
Toji: Hikari… I think I can control myself…
 
Hikari: I believe you, Toji… but if we're caught up in an intimate moment or something… I don't think either one of us could say that we'd stop for sure if it was going too far…
 
Toji contemplates what she just said… and realizes that's there's some truth to it. `She does wanna do more wit' me… but she doesn't want things to get out of control…' Toji thinks about what to say back to his girlfriend.
 
Toji: I umm… think you may be right… I do wanna do more with yah… but I'm not trying to rush yah into anything. We don't have ta keep up with the other two couples or anything…
 
Hikari: (Appreciating his honesty and expression of his feelings about the matter) You're right… and… (She blushes)… there's another reason why I'm saying this.
 
Toji: (Very curious) What's that?
 
Hikari: (Getting redder by the second) I… want to be… to be… (Squeaks out her next words)… a virgin when we… when we…
 
Toji: (Finishes the sentence) Marry?
 
Hikari covers her face with her hands to conceal her embarrassment. Toji notices this and says nothing… but pulls her a little closer and tries to comfort her. Hikari slowly removes her hands and looks up at her boyfriend. She nods her head to confirm his last words…
 
Toji: Hikari… I understand.
 
Hikari: (Softly) You… do?
 
Toji: Yep.
 
Hikari: Oh, Toji… (Places a kiss on his lips) I was hoping that you'd understand…
 
Toji: (Not trying to push the issue but wanting to voice his thoughts) Can't we come up wit' something… yah know…
 
Hikari: (Pauses for a moment and comes up with an idea) Toji… we could make a promise to each other. (Looks at Toji intently) Toji, I want you to promise me that no matter how close you and I get… we won't go all the way before we get married.
 
Toji thinks about it for a moment and realizes that it's not really that much of a restricting promise. `I could do a lot of things wit' her… just no sex. This is really important to her… and we can have fun without having sex… so…'
 
Toji: (Smiles) As long as you do the same thing… (Decides to tease Hikari a little) I know that you can get pretty wild sometimes…
 
Hikari is shocked for a moment by what he said and then decides to get him back. She playfully bops her boyfriend on the head and then snuggles her head into his chest.
 
Hikari: You can be so silly sometimes… but I think it's cute when you do it…
 
Toji: Really?
 
Hikari: (Softly) Yeah. I know I'm not as experienced as you, but…
 
Toji: I've never done it… I'm the same as you…
 
Hikari: You... you mean you haven't... but I thought...
 
Toji: Naw... I... I just act that way... I'm tryin' to save myself for someone special...
 
Hikari: Special...
 
Toji: Yea... It's all I really got Hikari... and I think yer right... we both will be... when we marry...
 
Hikari: Really... Toji you mean it?
 
Toji: (Softly) Yeah.
 
The couple silently hold each other and enjoy a quiet moment together. Out in the front room, Shinji is putting the finishing touches on the three pictures that he's drawn so far… all attention is on him and at least for the moment, no one wonders about where Toji and Hikari are…
 
Back in the room, Toji decides to ask a question… now that they made a promise to each other.
 
Toji: (A little nervous about asking this question) Umm… since, you know… we made that promise… do you think…
 
Hikari: (Curious about what he's going to say next) Go on, tell me…
 
Toji: Umm… I was wondering… if tonight… if you'd stay with me… here in the bed…
 
Hikari: Well… (Thinks about it for a moment) I guess it'd be okay… now that we have our promise to each other… we could umm… give it a try. I was going to talk to Rei about her being with Kensuke in her room, anyway…
 
Toji is very excited inside when he hears her answer. `I can't believe it… me and Hikari in da same bed tonight… it should be fun…'
 
A knock on the door is heard a moment later and then the pair hear a voice in the distance.
 
Rei: May I come in?
 
Hikari: Sure, Rei…
 
Rei opens the door and steps inside the bedroom. She immediately notices the position that Hikari and Toji are in. She's surprised to see Hikari sitting in Toji's lap… `Hikari must be overcoming her hesitance about being closer to Toji… that is a good sign for their relationship…'
 
Hikari: Rei… Toji and I have something to ask you…
 
Rei: (Sitting down on the bed) Go ahead.
 
Hikari: Well, we were wondering…
 
Toji can tell that Hikari is feeling a little tense about asking the question, so he decides to finish asking it for her.
 
Toji: Rei, would yah mind staying with Kensuke in your room… so we can stay here in Shinji's room… if that's okay wit you…
 
Rei: (Smiles) I do not mind… I was thinking about the same idea earlier… but I was not sure if you two would agree to be in the same room again.
 
Toji: Oh, that's not a problem anymore… Hikari and I have a special agreement… so it's no problem.
 
Rei: (Nods her head) I see… (Pauses) I will talk to Kensuke…
 
Hikari: Thanks…
 
Rei: No problem. (Remembers what she came in to ask) The others are looking for you… and my brother is about done with the final touches on the pictures he just drew.
 
Toji: Okay… we'll be right there…
 
Rei acknowledges Toji's response and leaves the room. Toji looks down at Hikari, who is looking back at him with a smile on her face.
 
Toji: I love it when yah smile at me like that… you look so happy…
 
Hikari: I am happy… (Shyly) Being with you makes me… very happy.
 
Toji kisses Hikari on the cheek and then both teens stand up and stretch. After doing that, Hikari and Toji head into the front room to see what's going. Shinji shows them the finished product and both express how good the drawing looks.
 
The six teens spend the rest of the morning listening to various songs and dancing along with Kaji. Near noon, they decide to call it quits for the day. Hikari and Shinji take the lead in making lunch, but assign parts of the meal to each person present. Kaji likes what he sees… `Shinji and Hikari shouldn't have to cook all the time… I know sometimes we kinda take advantage of them for cooking. Since we're all stuck here together in the apartment, we should share the cooking and cleaning…'
 
Misato calls the apartment during the lunch hour and talks briefly with Kaji. When the phone conversation is done, Kaji updates the others on what's going at NERV and elsewhere…
 
Asuka: What'd she say?
 
Kaji: Well… she said that the dummy buildings are coming along nicely. They're almost done with the escape tunnels here in this building.
 
Shinji: That's good to hear… where is the tunnel going to connect to the apartment?
 
Kaji: (Shrugs his shoulder) No idea… I would guess in the main hallway somewhere…
 
Rei: I will feel a bit better when the tunnels are completed.
 
Kensuke: Yeah, me too…
 
The ringing of the timer in the kitchen causes the conversation to be put on hold. Asuka and Kensuke take the finished food and place in on the table. Several “mmm's” are heard as the smell of the food waifs through the air…
 
Toji: Let's eat!
 
Not a moment is wasted as the lunch starts to be devoured. A large vegetable salad is complemented by miso soup and cucumber sandwiches. Once again, the conversation at the table turns to the events happening outside the apartment, specifically the protective measures being employed to keep them safe…
 
Soon lunch is finished and with a little teamwork, the dishes are quickly cleaned and put in the rack. To pass time, Kensuke digs out his collection of anime DVD's that he brought with and plays various selections…
 
Around dinnertime, Misato comes home and is totally exhausted from the day's work. Kaji knows that she is really wiped out because of the way she staggers down the hallway into the kitchen…
 
Kaji: (Concerned) Are you okay? You looked wiped out!
 
Misato: (Yawns) Just a long day at work… (Walks up to Kaji and plants a kiss on his cheek) (Softly) I'm going to bed… I'm tired and I don't even have the energy to fool around with you…
 
Kaji: (Thinking to himself) Man, she must be tired if she doesn't even want to fool around… and I was looking forward to having some fun with her. Oh, well… snuggling will have to do…
 
Kaji plants a soft kiss on her cheek and whispers “good night”. Misato smiles and then slowly heads back to her room, yawning several times on the way. Kaji decides to watch TV with the teens… the tray of snack food that Shinji had made earlier gets passed around as the evening progresses.
 
Near 9 P.M., Shinji takes a look at clock and realizes what time it is. He looks around at the others and realizes that boredom is really starting to hit the others hard. `Hell, it looks like these guys would rather be in class then be stuck in here… at least if we were in school, we could at least go outside and get some fresh air. I hope we get a chance to go outside again soon…'
 
Kaji stretches his arms towards the ceiling. “I think I'm going to bed guys… see yah in the morning…” Shinji and the other teens say “good night” as Kaji disappears into Misato's bedroom.
 
Asuka: (To Shinji) I think that's a good idea…
 
Shinji: Huh?
 
Asuka: I'm tired, too… and a little bored…
 
Shinji: (Understanding what she means) Oh… okay… let's go back to your room.
 
A smile appears on Asuka's face and she quickly grabs Shinji's arm and the two rush off to her room. The other four turn their heads and slowly shake them back and forth…
 
Kensuke: I swear… those two are getting to be like Misato and Kaji…
 
Rei: It appears that my brother is getting very comfortable with Asuka…
 
Hikari: (Very softly to Rei) Rei, I think Toji and I are going to bed… will you…
 
Rei: (Nods her head) Yes, I will take care of it. Have a good night's rest with Toji…
 
Toji blushes slightly at that comment… Hikari's face turns red as a tomato. Kensuke watches as the couple gets up and heads to Shinji's room.

Kensuke: Wait a second… why are they going to bed in Shinji's room?
 
Rei: (Smiles) You and I are spending the night in my room… Hikari and Toji asked me to use my own room…
 
Kensuke: (Blushes) Your room… wow…
 
Rei: Is that okay with you, Ken-kun?
 
Kensuke: (Nervously) Umm… yeah, sure…
 
Rei takes his hand and leads him towards her room. On the way, she thinks about his nervous reaction a moment ago and how to help combat that reaction now and in bed. When the pair reach Rei's room, she closes the door behind them and then sits down on the bed. Kensuke sits down next to her after she motions him to do so.
 
Kensuke: (Looks around) Your room is really nice, Rei… I like the “Blue” theme…
 
Rei: Blue is my favorite color… that is why it is the dominant color in the room.
 
Kensuke: Yeah… (Looks at Rei) Even your pajamas are blue…
 
Rei: Yes, they are… (Softly) Do you like the color blue, Ken-kun?
 
Kensuke: Yeah, it's nice…
 
Rei: You do not mind my blue hair?
 
Kensuke: It's fine. That's your natural color, right?
 
Rei: (Nods her head) A byproduct of the process that created me is responsible for the unique hair color that I have. I have noticed that people dye their hair various colors, some are not natural colors…
 
Kensuke: Yeah. (Chuckles) Sometimes people dye their hair some really weird colors… but I'm umm… lucky.
 
Rei: (Curious) What do you mean by that?
 
Kensuke: Well … I have the only truly blue haired woman on earth for a girlfriend…
 
Rei smiles and wraps her arms around Kensuke. “That is right…”
 
Kensuke looks into Rei's eyes and can see that she's very happy about what he just said to her. He can feel his heartbeat get faster and faster as their lips come together… Rei is very excited about what's going on and starts to press her body against his. After a few minutes of passionate kissing, Rei gently falls back onto the bed. As she whispers the word “Ken-kun”, Kensuke realizes what she needs… what he needs from her.
 
Kensuke had always wanted to be this close with someone… but when push came to shove and the real situation was in front of him, he felt nervous. `Her body feels so good… I can't chicken out now. I know she really likes it when I massage her breasts… her moans… boy do those turn me on…'
 
Rei chuckles as she watches a bright red blush cross Kensuke's face. He quickly moves in for a kiss and begins to make out with her in an effort to overcome his internal nervousness about being really intimate with Rei. Rei is about to guide his hand onto her chest when she feels one of his hands slide across her stomach and onto her left breast.
 
Rei: (With a moan) Ken-kun…
 
Kensuke: Rei… I know you want this… and… and… so do I…
 
Rei smiles as Kensuke puts his hands to work, massaging one of her breasts and then the other. The feeling of her tender flesh beneath the pajama top drives him wild… and Rei begins to really moan when their lips meet… she can feel her body filling with pleasurable sensations on a level that she had never felt before. Part of Kensuke cannot believe what he's doing to Rei… but that part is soon silenced. Like Shinji before him, Kensuke realizes that being nervous is natural for a while… but it's something that has to be overcome.
 
Other feelings and thoughts start to run through Rei's head… which is filled with many feelings and emotions. She has passing thoughts about wanting to do more with Kensuke… desire, lust… both of these start to really show themselves in Rei's emotional library as the make out session continues.
 
Kensuke is also having thoughts about doing more with Rei… now that he's not freaking out about touching her in an intimate way. `I don't wanna rush things… but I would like to do more… maybe unbutton her shirt… gods… I bet she'd look so good in lingerie… or topless…'
 
Kensuke brushes aside those thoughts for the moment… though Rei can feel his kisses get even stronger a moment later. Time seems to pass by very slowly for the couple… both are lost in the moment. A short while later, Kensuke decides to try and please Rei in a different way… he wraps his arms around her and then moves then down onto her behind. The gentle squeezes of Kensuke's hands on her rear end cause Rei to moan even more…
 
Rei: That feels… wonderful… oh, Ken-kun… please do not stop…
 
Kensuke does not audibly respond but continues his ministrations. He forgets about his nervousness and gets lost in the moment. Kensuke can feel Rei's hands roaming around on his back… `She must be really getting into this, too…'
 
After what seems to be like an eternity, Rei feels Kensuke's hands slowly move off of her behind. He lovingly glances at Rei and then lies down on the bed next to her.
 
Rei: (Softly) Did you have fun, Ken-kun?
 
Kensuke: (Blushing profusely) Y-yeah…
 
Rei smiles and then is silent. She thinks about his response and his nervousness and has an idea that will help them both out.
 
Rei: Kensuke… I do not want to rush our relationship. I am sorry if I hastened you into doing things with me…
 
Kensuke: Rei… (Pauses for a moment) It's okay. I umm… (Blushes)… don't mind what we're doing now…
 
Rei: I believe you… and I would like to make a proposal.
 
Kensuke: (Thinks about what she just said for a moment) I wonder what she means by that? I guess I'd better ask her… (Out loud) What kind of proposal?
 
Rei: I found out earlier today that Hikari and Toji had made a promise to each. Though I was not privy to the details, I noticed one thing in particular that had changed. Hikari was a good deal more comfortable with Toji… and both agreed to spend the night together…
 
Kensuke: Well, that explains why they wanted to stay together…
 
Rei: (Nods her head) Yes. I propose that we stay at this level of intimacy until both of us agree to do more.
 
Kensuke: Sure, Rei… that sounds fine. (Rei takes her right hand and places it into his left hand) Rei… I never knew that being umm… in a relationship could make me so nervous… but happy at the same time.
 
Rei: All of this is new for me… the emotions, the desires… but I am having fun exploring it all… especially with you, Ken-kun…
 
Kensuke: (Blushing) Y-yeah… umm… me too…
 
Rei and Kensuke silently hold hands and both think about what has just happened. Their relationship has improved… both parties are being more open and compromising to each other. Kensuke is lost in thought for a while… and when he turns his head to glance at Rei, he finds her fast asleep with a smile on her face.
 
Kensuke: Man, she looks so cute when she's sleeping… (Gently caresses her hair) I must be the luckiest guy in the world…
 
A few minutes pass by and then Kensuke falls asleep… his nervousness that used to keep him awake when being with Rei has gone away. Over in Shinji's room, at the same time as Rei and Kensuke were talking… Hikari and Toji decide to talk a little before going to bed. Hikari is in the bed and under the covers next to Toji… she feels a little nervous but tries not to be. For his part, Toji is very happy to have Hikari next to him.
 
Hikari: (Trying to express her feelings out loud about the current situation) This isn't too bad… umm…
 
Toji: (Softly) Hikari… it's okay…
 
Hikari: Yeah… (Pauses) This is our first time doing this, after all… that's probably why I'm a little nervous.
 
Toji: (Moves his left hand and gently holds her right hand) Thanks, umm… for coming up wit' that idea… I've been wanting to do this wit' yah for a while now…
 
Hikari: (Snuggling her head against his chest) (Softly) Really?
 
Toji notices that Hikari is snuggling against him and is relieved that she's getting more comfortable with the situation. He whispers a “yes” into her ear and she sighs contentedly. Hikari feels his left arm wrap around her a moment later and she looks at her boyfriend and smiles.
 
Hikari: Thank you, Toji… (Yawns) I'll talk to you in the morning.
 
Toji: Good night.
 
Toji watches as Hikari closes her eyes and falls asleep. `I'm glad I could help her out… I just hope we can get through this SEELE thing and move on with our lives…' After staying up for a while thinking, Toji falls asleep.
 
 
Over in Asuka's room, the last teen couple is still awake. Both Shinji and Asuka have been playing various songs for each other. They started out slow dancing with each other and after some time has passed, lying in bed and listening to the music.
 
Shinji: I didn't know there were so many good songs on those CD's Misato had…
 
Asuka: Me either… but as usual, you picked some wonderful music to play for me. (Kisses Shinji on the cheek)
 
Asuka waits a moment for the current song to finish playing and then gets out of bed. She hits stop on the CD player and then sits down on top of her bed.
 
Asuka: (Playfully) Oh, Shinji… wanna have some fun before we go to bed? (Winks)
 
Shinji: (Blushing) Asuka…
 
Asuka: (Mock pouting) But I thought you wanted to see me in my pink bra…
 
Shinji: (Embarrassed) Well… umm… yeah…
 
Asuka: (Deciding to have some fun teasing Shinji) I know you wanna look at my chest… I remember how you drew me earlier.
 
Shinji: (Moves himself next to Asuka) (Softly) Umm… yeah…
 
Asuka: You seemed more eager to stare at me that one time… remember the first night of our training together?
 
Shinji pauses to think about that incident in question. `Hmm… I wonder what she meant by that. I remember training with her… I got to see some sides of her that I really liked… especially how determined she can be. After that, I realized how different that was from my attitude at the time…'
 
Asuka watches as Shinji silently thinks about the incident. She giggles when she realizes that he probably totally forgot about this incident. After waiting a short while, she whispers a few sentences into Shinji's ear about him “trying to make a move”…
 
Shinji: I was umm… well… (Face turns red)
 
Asuka: Oh come on, Shinji… be a man and tell me that you were staring at my breasts and that you were gonna kiss me. I'm not gonna yell at you or beat you up like I might have done if I had caught you back then.
 
Shinji: (Takes a deep breath) Asuka, I… was going to kiss you… you looked so… so…
 
Asuka: (Trying to help Shinji with the words) Sexy? (Smiles) Remember, I have your memories, so I can think back about your point of view.
 
Shinji: Umm, yeah… sexy. Anyways, I was gonna kiss you… but right before I did… you started crying and calling out for your mother in your sleep.
 
Asuka: (Chuckles) I remember yelling at you later and denying that… but you're right, I was crying. I'm glad you didn't take advantage of me, Shinji…
 
Shinji: No problem, Asuka… I'm surprised I was that bold with you back then...
 
Asuka: (Winks) I'm just so irresistible, it's no wonder you were staring at my beautiful body… and that you wanted to kiss my warm lips.
 
Shinji nods his head and Asuka pauses to think about what to do next. `I teased him a little… but we got to talk a little about the past and I think it helped him be more honest about his past feelings for me. I'm not tired yet… maybe we can still have some fun together…'
 
Shinji watches as Asuka slowly unbuttons the first four buttons of her pajama top, giving him an even better view of her chest then this morning when she posed for that picture. Asuka watches with satisfaction as Shinji starts to stare at her and his eyes grow steadily larger…
 
`God… she looks so hot. That is a nice pink bra… and I can see that she fills out pretty well…' Shinji thinks as he stares at Asuka. He tries to speak, but only manages to say one word… “Asuka”…
 
Asuka: (Playfully) I want you to finish the rest…
 
Shinji: (Trying to stall for a moment so he can gain enough composure to do just that) Asuka, I…
 
Asuka: (Placing her hands on her breasts) Don't you want to see these? I know they aren`t as big as you drew them in that picture…
 
Shinji: (Embarrassed) Asuka!
 
Asuka: (Chuckles) They were big enough back then… you couldn't stop staring while I was sleeping… and that time, I didn't even have a bra on.
 
Shinji says nothing but slowly moves his lips towards Asuka. She closes her eyes and soon feels Shinji's kiss on her lips. He slowly kisses her lips and wraps his right arm around Asuka, pulling her closer.
 
Shinji: (Pausing the kissing for a moment) You're really being naughty tonight…
 
Asuka: Maybe…
 
Asuka could swear that she heard Shinji say “good” as he begins to kiss her again. A moment later, she can feel his left hand on her shoulder. `What's he doing?' Asuka wonders as Shinji's kisses become more passionate. His hand slowly moves down the front of her top, pausing above the fifth button. `Wow… he's really getting bold… his hand is on my chest and he's being so… so… confident. I like it!'
 
As Shinji unbuttons the rest of Asuka's top, he notices that her breaths have become shorter and that she's closed her eyes. `She's wanted me to do this all along… to be bold with her… I can tell she's very excited about what I'm doing and really enjoying it. I had my suspicions… but this proves it… she likes it when I take the lead…'
 
With the last button now free, Shinji gently pushes the top back. Asuka moves her arms so that her top falls to the floor. She opens her eyes and finds Shinji staring at her chest.
 
Asuka: I knew you'd want to see the rest of the bra… what do you think?
 
Shinji: (Slowly nodding his head) Very nice, Asuka… it's really… s-sexy…
 
Asuka: (Smiles) Thank you. (Places her hands on her breasts) I was hoping that you could handle being with me while I still look like this…
 
Shinji: (Confused) What do you mean by that?
 
Asuka: (Giggles) Silly boy… I'm still growing. I'm glad you can deal with how I am now… my feelings and emotions are only going to get stronger for you Shinji… and I'm sure that I'll mature into a very beautiful and sexy woman.
 
Shinji: Umm… I'm sure you will…
 
Asuka: Of course I will… (Catches Shinji off guard and starts taking off his shirt)
 
Shinji: (Protesting) Hey!
 
Asuka: What's fair is fair… if you get to see my chest, then I get to see yours…
 
Shinji sighs and then raises his arms towards the ceiling. Asuka quickly removes his shirt and throws it off to the side.
 
Asuka: That wasn't so bad, was it? (Shinji nods his head) Good…
 
Asuka reaches for Shinji and he pulls her into a warm embrace. She rests her chin on his shoulder and starts to slowly rub her chest against his. Shinji begins to blush and cannot help but get excited because of what Asuka is doing…
 
Asuka: (Softly) Shinji… I'm glad you like my figure… but… you're not the only one who wants me to have a larger chest. I wanna fill out my bustline…
 
Part of Shinji is very excited at that revelation from Asuka… and part of him is relieved that she's admitted that to him. `I don't feel too bad about the drawing now… Asuka looks great now, but she'd look even hotter with a bigger bust…'
 
Asuka takes Shinji's silence to mean that he's thinking about her and her breasts… and she is correct. She decides to tease him a little more but still talk about the subject some more.
 
Asuka: (Teasingly) Shinji… I hope that you're not expecting me to end up with big breasts like Misato…
 
Shinji: (Blushes even redder) Umm… of course not… umm…
 
Asuka: (Still teasing him) Sure, what ever you say, Shinji…
 
Shinji: (Exasperated) ASUKA!
 
Asuka: (Giggles) Just kidding. (Shinji gently rubs his hands across her back)
 
Asuka gives Shinji a moment to compose himself and calm down before saying anything more.
 
Asuka: Sooo… since you do the laundry, I bet you know you my bra size. I bet you've looked at least once…
 
Shinji is silent for a moment and then whispers a “Yes”.
 
Asuka: (Not letting Shinji off of the hook) So, tell me…
 
Shinji: Thirty-four B…
 
Asuka: Very good… and it's decently full 34B. I think I'm slowly filling it out… so maybe in a few months I'll be ready for some new bras and you and I and can do something special together.
 
Shinji: (Gulps) Special?
 
Asuka: (With a smile) Of course… you're gonna come with me when I do some lingerie shopping.
 
Shinji: Lingerie shopping?
 
Shinji passes out and falls on the bed. Asuka is very shocked by what just happened. She sighs and then starts to gently shake Shinji.
 
Asuka: Come on, wake up! Damn it, you were doing so good…
 
Shinji's eyes open and his arms dart out and grab a hold of Asuka. He pulls her down on top of his chest and starts to run his fingers through her hair.
 
Shinji: (In a whisper) I got yah, Asuka…
 
Asuka: (With a chiding tone) That was bad, Shinji… you had me worried there for a second.
 
Shinji: You're not the only one who can be naughty… and speaking of naughty… you are really being a bad girl tonight.
 
Asuka: (Softly) I'm sorry… I just can't help it. I love you… I need you. There's so much running through my mind and body right now… emotions, feelings… desires… fear and anticipation about that mission that we're gonna go on… my head is just a mess right now. By being really flirty and sexy… it helps me block out the bad things…
 
Shinji: Then don't stop… I'm worried about what's going on too. When I'm with you… and we do stuff like this together… I feel better afterwards, too. I have umm… feelings and desires about you… and I love it when I get a chance to express them to you.
 
Asuka: I'm glad you feel the same way, Shinji… if we're going this far now… imagine what'll happen when our bodies start maturing more… all the hormones… god, I'll probably want you even more then I do now…
 
Asuka stops speaking and blushes after she realizes that she just made that admission about her sexual desires out loud. Both teens silently contemplate what was just said. Asuka knows that her sexuality is only going to get more and more expressive with the passage of time… and Shinji knows that he will be getting bolder with her every day. As her body matures and gets more attractive in his eyes… so will his desires to do even more with her.
 
Asuka breaks the silence a few moments later.
 
Asuka: Shin-chan… you don't mind if I snuggle on top of your chest, do you?
 
Shinji: No… not at all.
 
Asuka: Good. Can you pull the blanket over us? I feeling a little cold…
 
Shinji reaches for the blanket and pulls it over both of them. Asuka snuggles her head into Shinji's chest and falls asleep. Shinji spends some time thinking about what just happened before falling asleep himself.
 
 
Thursday January 21st, 2016
 
 
The next morning, Shinji awakens to the sound of giggling nearby. He turns his head and finds Asuka standing next to the bed.
 
Asuka: About time you woke up… I had time to take a shower and change after waking up and you were still asleep. (Winks) I'm even wearing my favorite lounge-wear…
 
Shinji notices that Asuka is now wearing a pair of blue short-shorts and a sleeveless light blue T-shirt. Shinji smiles as he recalls the first time he saw her in this outfit…
 
Asuka notices Shinji smiling at her and saunters up to him.
 
Asuka: I know you like this outfit… and… (Kisses him on the lips)… I know you felt the first time you saw in this.
 
Shinji: (Turns red) You do?
 
Asuka: I do have your memories… (Winks) You were staring at my legs and butt a lot… and you even noticed that I wasn't wearing a bra… you were such a naughty boy…
 
Shinji reaches out and pulls Asuka into a hug.
 
Shinji: Maybe a little… but it's not everyday a beautiful woman moves into your apartment… ummm…
 
Asuka: (Placing a finger on his lips) Say no more… (Rests her head on his shoulder) I'm glad I got to see your view on things… I know you're thinking about why I used to do certain things…
 
Shinji: Well… you were trying to mask your real feelings… but when I think about, I can tell that you did like me, even back then. (Runs his fingers through Asuka's hair) You wore outfits like the one you have on now just to flirt with me… didn't you? I know it wasn't all for Kaji… I saw you more then anyone else.
 
Asuka: (Softly) Yes… it was mostly for you, Shin-chan. I'm glad you like it when I dress sexy like this.
 
Shinji: (Blushing slightly) I-I always do…
 
Shinji runs his hands down Asuka's back and onto her behind. Asuka moans softly as he starts to gently squeeze and runs his hands across her backside.
 
Asuka: Mmm… Shinji… (Snuggles her head into his chest)
 
Shinji continues his work, greatly enjoying what he's doing and the moans of satisfaction that he's hearing from Asuka. Asuka pulls away a few minutes later and rubs her stomach…
 
Asuka: (Feeling hunger pangs) Shinji, let's go eat breakfast… I'm hungry.
 
Shinji: What time is it?
 
Asuka: Oh… it's almost ten o'clock.
 
Shinji: (Slightly shocked) Really? I can't believe I slept in…
 
Asuka: Well, you must have been really comfortable…
 
Shinji: (Scratches his head) I guess…
 
Asuka: (Giggles) You were really bold, even while you were sleeping.
 
Shinji: (Wondering why Asuka is giggling) What do you mean by that? Come on Asuka, tell me why you're giggling.
 
Asuka: Well, if you really want to know… (Lowers her voice to a whisper) Your head was on my breasts… you were using me as your pillow.
 
Shinji: (Reacting almost instantly) Asuka, I'm sorry… I didn't mean to…
 
Asuka: Don't be silly, Shinji… if I didn't like what you were doing, I would've let you know. When I woke up, I was a little surprised at first.
 
Shinji: Oh…
 
Asuka: But then I thought to myself “Why spoil the moment?” You looked so peaceful and calm… I didn't wanna wake you up. I just did something to pass time… something you like to do with me a lot…
 
Shinji: (Knowing the answer right away) Run my fingers through your hair.
 
Asuka: (Smiles) Yep.
 
The couple silently hold each other for a moment… and then the door to Asuka's room flies open.
 
Toji: (Peeking into the room from the hallway) Are you guys decent?
 
Asuka: (Angry) Hey! Who told you that you could come in here!
 
Kensuke: (Stepping into the room) You told us you were just gonna wake Shinji up and come back to the kitchen. That was over ten minutes ago…
 
Asuka: Oh… (Takes a deep breath) I guess I did say that…
 
Toji: Anyways, Hikari is looking for yah and breakfast is getting cold…
 
Kensuke: Better hurry before Toji eats it all… (Chuckles)
 
Toji: Hey! (Punches Kensuke in the arm)
 
Asuka and Shinji hear a yelp and the sounds of two people arguing. Both sigh and then after a quick hug, make their way into the kitchen.
 
Breakfast passes by as “normal”, at least what normal is considered to be ever since this new living arrangement began. Shinji is surprised that Kaji didn't join them for breakfast… upon further inquiry; Hikari tells him that Kaji is working on some project for Misato on the computer.
 
After breakfast is done and the dishes are cleaned up and put away, the six teens decide to watch some of the DVD's that Kensuke has brought with. Later in the afternoon, when it's time to select another disc to play, Kensuke passes his DVD folder over to Rei. Rei's eyes run across an unusual sounding series… she points at it and Kensuke immediately cringes.
 
Kensuke: Are you… umm... sure you wanna see that one?
 
Rei: It sounds interesting… (Notices his nervousness) Is this DVD pornographic?
 
Kensuke: (Shaking his head and beginning to sweat) No…
 
Toji: (Interrupting) Then he must not have brought all of his DVD's over then…
 
All eyes in the room start staring at Kensuke, who immediately gets defensive…
 
Kensuke: (Turing to look at no one in particular) I um… don't know what you're talking about…
 
Toji: Oh come on… you have at least one hentai DVD… I remember you showed it ta me one time…
 
Hikari reaches her hand for Toji's ear and grabs it. She immediately goes into “Class Rep” mode and starts tugging on his ear. Kensuke feels sorry for his friend… but is glad that everyone's attention is now on Toji and Hikari.
Toji: (In pain) Dat hurts, yah know!
 
Hikari: Were you watching hentai with Kensuke?
 
Toji pauses and Hikari repeats her question again. He sighs and then starts to speak.
 
Toji: Look, Hikari… that was before I met you…
 
Hikari: Oh… (Releases Toji's ear) Still… you were watching porn…
 
Toji: I… I guess…
 
Rei takes advantage of the silence that now fills the room to ask Kensuke a question and to play a little joke.
 
Rei: (Putting on her most serious face) Ken-kun, do still have that DVD?
 
Kensuke looks over at Rei and becomes afraid. `I gotta tell her the truth… I can't lie to her… especially when she's looking so serious… damn, I'm in trouble now…'
 
Kensuke: (Trying to answer without choking up) Well, ummm… Rei… well… (Tries to stall for time) Why do you ask?
 
Rei: I wish to watch it with you…
 
Everyone but Asuka and Kensuke face faults due to the shock of what they just heard. Rei was surprised that only Asuka's eyebrows went up as a reaction… she was expecting more of a response out of her. For his part, Kensuke is silent, his thoughts running a mile a minute… trying to figure out what just happened.
 
Asuka places a hand on Rei's shoulder and starts talking.
 
Asuka: It's okay to be curious about sex, Rei… I know you're going through a tough time with all these new feelings and emotions…
 
Rei starts to giggle… which causes Asuka to stop speaking.
 
Asuka: (Curious) What's so funny, Rei?
 
Rei: I was just kidding about wanting to see the DVD…
 
Shinji breathes a sigh of relief, glad that his sister was just joking. Asuka smiles and shakes her head. `Damn… she even fooled me…' Is about all Asuka can think as she observes the others recovering from their shock from just moments before.
 
Toji looks at Hikari and notices that her hands are over her face.
 
Toji: Hey, class rep… she was only kidding…
 
Hikari slowly takes her hands away from her face and looks at Rei. “I thought you really meant that, Rei…” Hikari says truthfully- she really was fooled by Rei's joke.
 
Kensuke: (Aloud to himself) I'm glad that's over…
 
Asuka watches as Shinji gives Rei a hug. When he pulls back, Rei takes his hand and holds it.
 
Rei: Brother, do not worry… I do not need a DVD to learn about sexuality… (Pauses) I am already exploring that with Ken-kun's help…
 
Toji: Heh… Kensuke, you sly dog… no wonder you spent the night in Rei's bed last night…
 
Hikari gently punches Toji to get his attention and to give him “The look” Toji immediately stops teasing Kensuke. Shinji's eyes got wide for a moment after Rei's statement but then quickly returned to normal size.
 
Shinji: Rei… (Long pause as he tries to think of some “brotherly” words to say to Rei) Just be careful and don't rush things… umm…
 
Rei: I know… (Smiles) Ken-kun and I have already talked about that issue and have made an agreement. There is no need to worry…
 
Shinji: (Knowing that she's telling the truth) All right… but if Kensuke here gets out of line, just tell me, okay?
 
Rei: I will keep that in mind.
 
Asuka: (Liking that fact that Shinji is standing up for his sister) Yeah, stand up for your sister!
 
Kensuke: Hey!
 
Rei gets up and pulls out the DVD that she had been looking at earlier. She puts the DVD into the player and starts the program. Shinji gets up and walks into the kitchen…
Asuka does the same thing.
 
Shinji: (Opening the fridge) Want a soda?
 
Asuka: Sure!
 
Shinji hands Asuka a can of Pepsi and takes one for himself. Both teens open the soda as the opening song plays on the TV…
 
Asuka: Say Shinji… I was thinking and I have to ask you something.
 
Shinji: Sure Asuka, go ahead.
 
Asuka: Kensuke and Toji weren't the only ones that watched that DVD, were they?
 
Shinji: (Mumbling to himself) Damn memory sharing…
 
Asuka smiles and walks up to her boyfriend. She places a kiss on his cheek and then asks him a question.
 
Asuka: (Sweetly) Being with me is better then any porno, right?
 
Shinji: Of course, of course!
 
Asuka: Good… (Wraps her arms around Shinji, who immediately does the same around her) You see, Shinji… nothing beats having the real thing right in front of you… (Rubs her chest against his) Right?
 
Shinji: (Blushing and getting excited) Y-yeah… the real thing is better… and you're umm… (Looks down at her chest)… very real.
 
Asuka: (Softly) So are you… real handsome and loving…
 
Shinji: (Almost in a whisper) Asuka…
 
Asuka and Shinji share a quiet moment together and then head back into the front room to rejoin the others. After a few episodes of “Those Who Hunt Elves” go by… the situation in the front room takes a turn for the worst…
 
 
Rei: (Commenting aloud on the series) I fail to see the humor in stripping elves.
 
Asuka: Baka! Shinji if you ever try to strip me I'll… (Waves her fist under his nose)
 
Shinji: (Moving his head back) Sure Asuka... no problem...
 
Toji: Don't worry; no one would ever want to see you naked…
 
Hikari hits him on the arm; she is very displeased with her boyfriends comment just now. Asuka just looks at Toji as though he had just killed her. Shinji picks up on this and quickly puts an arm around her.
 
Shinji: Asuka... I'd never force you... I... I can't hurt you like that.... it's not right...
 
Asuka: (Near tears) You… you... don't want to see me... like that?
 
Shinji: (Choosing his words carefully) I... only if you want me to...
 
Shinji clears his throat as he's becoming increasingly unnerved. Rei watches the interactions between them and then looks at Kensuke's wistful gaze at the screen before she too looks at the screen again.
 
Rei: Ken-kun, have you been wishing to strip me like they do in this anime.
 
Kensuke chokes on his own tongue and Toji is about to die from laughing as he watches Kensuke try to stutter out a response, though Hikari is now looking at Shinji and Asuka.
 
Shinji looks at the others and then at the screen. He can't help but think that seeing more of this could hurt Asuka more. Taking her by the hand, Shinji stands up and since only Hikari seems to notice them, he gives her a quick wave before leading Asuka out of the room.
 
Hikari just watches Shinji lead Asuka out of the room and can't help but think it might be nice to have someone think that way about her. Looking at Toji laughing she gets an evil idea.
 
Hikari: Junpei is soo cool... I wish he'd strip me sometime.
 
Toji stops laughing and looks at her with wide eyes.
 
Toji: (Shocked) You can't be serious!
 
Hikari (Dreamily): He's so cool, and so strong. I wish I he was my boyfriend... he could defend me from anything, and he could strip me anytime he wanted... (Her cheeks turned a bright red as she daydreams about this)
 
Toji: (At a loss for words) But…but....
 
Kensuke uses this time to get his mind thinking logically again. He looks at Rei and can only sigh. He knows that he has to tell the truth... or risk damaging their relationship
 
Kensuke (In a soft voice): Sometimes... I... I don't want to push you too fast, but there are times that I'd like to… I mean… I think you're umm… very attractive.
 
Rei smiles at him.
 
Rei: I am glad that you don't want to rush me. I am new at this… but… I think that sometimes I might like that...
 
Rei looked at the screen and was surprised to realize that the thought of showing off her body before had never been an issue. Now that she had a boyfriend, she found that she wanted to show off more, and wanted him to appreciate her, even if it was only in the physical sense. Yet she was also scared of that same thing- it would, in a way, be a relief if he did force it, that way she'd get past this.
 
Kensuke: Rei....
 
Rei: Yes?
 
Kensuke: Someday... we'll... I mean I'll... you know... (Points at the screen)… but not until we're both ready.
 
Rei decided to show him her gratitude. Leaning towards him, she gently kissed him on the cheek, and though it was just a simple peck on the cheek, it had him blushing and very flustered- but smiling none-the-less.
 
Toji saw none of this, but Hikari saw it all.
 
Hikari: (Continuing her plan) Oh, it's nice to have a boyfriend that could be nice and caring.
 
Toji: (Protesting) I'm nice and caring... but how can you want that if you want HIM for a boyfriend!
 
He emphasized the “him” by pointing to a widely grinning Junpei as he stripped elves.
 
Toji: He may be strong but he's a pervert! I mean look at him, he's going overboard and just look at those girls... (His eyes glazed over as he thought of all the naked elves)…but he's not showing them any kindness…nothing! How could you want him?
 
Hikari: Oh, and like you weren't enjoying this! All this video does is demean women and show that they are only good for stripping and sex, is that all you think of us?
 
Toji: Hell no! I'd never hurt you! Look this is designed to be funny, but...
 
Toji stops talking and gets up. He walks over to the DVD player and ejects the DVD.
 
Toji: If you don't want to see it then we won't. You're all that I really care about, okay... not this dumb anime... (Tosses the disc across the room not caring if it broke or not) I ain't even the one that brought it over here... it was Kensuke's...
 
Toji turned to see a blushing Kensuke and a shyly smiling Rei. He was about to ask what was going on when he watched as Kensuke leaned in and gently kissed Rei on the lips.
 
Toji: How the hell?
 
Hikari: So you'd never strip me?
 
Toji: Never!
 
Hikari: (Taking this setup of hers to the next level) So I'm that ugly!
 
Toji: What? Where the hell'd you get that idea?
 
Hikari: But you said...
 
Toji: Forget what I said…okay? Hikari look, I'm an ass, ok… that's what I am, but… I love you and I don't want you thinking that, okay! You're beautiful- God do I wish we could... um... but I won't.
 
Toji quickly got down on his knees before her and prepared his next words carefully.
 
Toji: Hikari, I promise you, no matter what, the only time I see you n... nak...
 
Hikari: (Finishing the word for him) Naked?
 
Toji: Yea... is when you want me to... I want... God you don't know how much I want you at times, but I love you... and I ain't gonna mess it up like that.
 
Hikari was blushing profusely and unknown to her, Rei, Kensuke, Shinji, and Asuka were all looking at her. The latter two had come in after hearing the yelling.
 
Hikari: (Very curious about where he was going with this train of thought) So what are you saying?
 
Toji: What I'm saying... I... I want to... to... to be with you… always... will you marry me? Damn I wanted to do this when I had a ring.... or something...
 
Asuka was about to make a comment, but was cut off by Shinji's hand over her mouth.
 
Hikari: (Very red in the face) N-n-now?
 
Toji: It'll have to be after we graduate... we're still minors and such... and I need to get a ring... and...
 
Toji's ranting were cut off by her yelling “Yes” and then grabbing him in a tight hug before laying the mother of all kisses on his lips.
 
Shinji lets out a soft whistle.
 
Shinji: I didn't even know he was thinking about this. He never let on or even said anything about it.
 
Asuka: Shinji...
 
Shinji: Yea?
 
Asuka: You are a baka at times... I bet you didn't even ask him.
 
Suddenly the kids were startled to hear a loud crash coming from the entrance followed by some loud cursing from Misato.
 
“Ow... ow... ow..." said a voice from the hall.
 
Kaji: It's ok... we're almost there.
 
Misato: Damn it… when I find out who did this!
 
Kaji: (Laughing) I know what you're gonna do already…
 
The two walked through the door to see Rei and Kensuke sitting near each other and blushing. Shinji and Asuka were leaning against each other in the doorway and Hikari had tackled Toji to the floor.
 
Misato: What's going on here?
 
All eyes turned to Misato and Kaji who were at the entrance. Kaji is supporting Misato, was slightly limping.
 
Rei: Mom? What happened?
 
Kaji held up the “Those Who Hunt Elves” disc.
 
Misato: Some jackass left this DVD in the hallway and I slipped on it! I swear… I can't even walk around my own apartment without hurting myself…
 
Toji blinked, then looked in the direction of where he threw the disc... only to realize that he'd thrown it through the kitchen and right towards the front door.
 
Kaji took one look at the scene and the still open DVD player and smirked.
 
Kaji: Come on Misato... let's get you stripped... I mean bandaged...
 
Kaji leads the now grinning but still fuming woman out of the room.
 
Rei: Toji, you might want to take your fiancée and hide quickly before mother finds out you are the one responsible.
 
Both teens blush at Rei's words... and Shinji and Asuka turn and exchange a knowing look at one another.
 
Asuka: Hmm… who's the newlyweds now?
 
Shinji: Congratulations, Mister Horaki!
 
Kensuke, Shinji, Asuka, and even Rei break out in laughter. Toji ignores them and looks at Hikari. His mind is focused on one thing only at this moment… his future wife.
 
Hikari: (Her eyes meeting his) Toji… I…
 
Toji: (Smiles) I know…
 
Hikari nuzzles her head against Toji's chest and he holds her. Hikari really appreciates the fact that Toji is hiding her blushing face from the others.
 
Rei: I believe we should watch something else…
 
Asuka: Yeah… (With some slight sarcasm)… you have anything worth watching in there?
 
Kensuke: Of course I do! (Rei passes him the DVD folder, which he starts to look through) Hmm… how about a comedy series? It umm… has some fan-service… but I know you guys will get a laugh out of it.
 
Kensuke passes the first disc of “Love Hina” to Rei and she reads the title aloud to herself.
 
Rei: Hmm… sounds interesting. May I put the DVD in, Ken-kun?
 
Kensuke: Sure, go ahead.
 
Shinji: That series… sounds kinda familiar…
 
Asuka: Have you seen it, Shin-chan?
 
Rei gets up and puts the DVD into the player. Shinji uses the remote to start the program.
 
Shinji: I don't think I have… but I heard it was really good.
 
Kensuke: Well, if you guys like it… there's 25 episodes, then a review episode, 2 specials, and an OVA called “Love Hina Again”…
 
Hikari moves her head off of Toji's chest and watches the TV as the opening sequence begins to play. Toji whispers to Hikari… “This one is funny… I've seen it before…”
 
Hikari nods her head and the teens watch with rapt attention the first 8 episodes of “Love Hina”… they lose track of time. When the episode reaches it's finale, Kensuke gets up and gets the DVD… and notices what time it is.
 
Kensuke: Damn! It's 8:30 already!
 
Rei: (Her eyebrows rising slightly) That series was certainly engaging… (Smiles) I thought it was very funny, Ken-kun.
 
Kensuke: Umm… thanks.
 
Asuka: Not bad… though it was a little fan-servicey…
 
Toji looks at Hikari and waits for her verdict on the series so far.
 
Hikari: It was funny… and I feel sorry for the main character, Keitaro. He always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time…
 
Toji: Yeah… and that Naru girl is pretty violent towards him… that personality reminds me of someone I know… (Half glances at Asuka)
 
Asuka: (Defensively) Are you saying I'm like Naru?
 
Toji: I guess yah figured it out…
 
Asuka: (Getting angry) Why you!
 
Before she could stand up and put him in his place, Hikari spoke up.
 
Hikari: (Trying to calm down the situation) Come on guys, this is stupid…
 
Asuka: (Turning to Shinji) What do you think, Shinji?
 
Shinji: (Sweating a little as a result of being put on the spot by Asuka) Umm… well… he may be right…
 
Asuka: (Scooting closer and getting in Shinji's face) And just what does that mean?
 
Kensuke: Shinji's dead now… (Toji nods his head)
 
Shinji: Well, umm… you're like her because… (Asuka moves even closer)
 
Asuka: (Leering at Shinji) Why?
 
Shinji: (Moving so that his head was next to hers.) Because… you used to hide your feelings too… umm… I can tell that Naru likes the guy but she's afraid to say anything… kinda like how you used to be with me before Third Impact.
 
Asuka slowly backs away from her seated position next to Shinji. All eyes are on the shaking Asuka as she prepares to do something they believed to be bodily harm to Shinji.
 
Asuka: Shinji…
 
Asuka jumps into Shinji's lap and plants the mother of all kisses on his lips. She pulls away just long enough to say “You're right…” before beginning a make out session with him. The other four teens just look at the other couple and shrug their shoulders.
 
Kensuke: I was gonna say something about her having two sides to her personality…
 
Rei: (Taking a glance at Shinji and Asuka for a moment) Perhaps… but Asuka does care for all of us here… despite her occasional disagreements with us.
 
Toji: (To Hikari) I think that's enough anime for da night… you wanna get something ta eat and then go to bed?
 
Hikari: Sure!
 
Toji and Hikari get up and head into the kitchen to heat up some leftovers. Kensuke and Rei remain in the front room. Both take a quick glance over at Shinji and Asuka and see that the two are still making out with each other.
 
Kensuke: (To Rei) I wonder where they get all of that energy from?
 
Rei: Asuka and Shinji are in love with each other… and… (Smiles)… I know that you're in love with me, Ken-kun…
 
Kensuke: (Blushing) Y-yeah…
 
Rei: We can watch more of this series tomorrow… As Asuka would say, 'I would like to spend some quality time with you,' Ken-kun… (Smiles)
 
Kensuke: (Nervous and excited) Of course, ummm… let's go to your room…
 
Kensuke and Rei walk out of the front room and head over to Rei's bedroom. On the way there, as they pass the kitchen, Rei waves at Hikari, who waves back and says “Goodnight”.
 
Kensuke is a little surprised when Rei mentions that she wants to work on another aspect of being together that she learned from watching her brother and Asuka as well as Kaji with her mom… cuddling. A relieved and slightly disappointed Kensuke agrees to do that before they go to bed…
 
Rei: (Noticing a slight change in Kensuke's expression) Did you not want to cuddle with me?
 
Kensuke: Of course I wanna cuddle with you Rei…
 
Rei: (Realizing something) You wished to… massage my breasts…
 
Kensuke: Well… yes, no… (Rei stares at him) Yeah, I did…
 
Rei: I do like it when you do that… but tonight I wish to do something different. (Kisses Kensuke on the cheek) We can work on other things tomorrow…
 
Kensuke: Sure, Rei… (Wraps his arm around her and allows her to snuggle against his chest) I just don't wanna rush things… I mean, umm… what we've done together so far has been great, but…
 
Rei: (Turns her head and looks at Kensuke) I understand… please tell me if I am doing something wrong
 
Kensuke: What? Wrong… no... you're not doing anything wrong. I just get kinda… you know… um…
 
He paused for a moment then sighed.
 
Kensuke: Okay. I get uncomfortable sometimes… I still enjoy what we're doing, but honestly, I'd rather be uncomfortable then be without you, Rei…
 
Rei: (Softly) I do not know where I would be without you, Ken-kun… so much has happened since we began our relationship…
 
Kensuke looks at Rei and then places a kiss on her cheek. He begins to blush and then softly speaks…
 
Kensuke: Yeah, and I umm… am thankful everyday that you went out of your way to help me… to get to know me…
 
Rei smiles and pulls him closer and after a little kissing... she uses him as a pillow, leaving a bewildered and hugely smiling Kensuke to hold the women he loves as she sleeps. `I can't believe all of this is happening… I got a girlfriend who wants to be me and lets me touch her like that. I'm nervous about all this… but at the same time I'm excited. Damn, love can be so confusing…'
 
Kensuke looks at Rei and gently strokes her hair. `Where would I be without this beautiful woman?' After a long sigh, Kensuke closes his eyes and tries to fall asleep. When he finally does, he can only think of one thing… Rei.
 
 
Over in room Shinji no longer uses, Hikari and Toji are getting ready for bed. After closing the door, Toji looked at Hikari carefully as she sat on the bed nervously. Though it was true that the two of then had -slept- together... which meant sleeping only... he was still nervous. Trying to cover his nervousness with false bravado he decided he'd better say something.
 
Toji: (A little nervous) Are you umm… ready for another night with me? (Turns off the light)
 
Hikari says nothing as she is lost in thought. It still seems strange to her that she would be sleeping in the same bed as him. Even though they've done it... her face turned a bright red as she thought that and she quickly and mentally changed the wording. Although they have slept together... before her blush could fade, it returned even brighter than before. Finally she was able to work her mind around the thought that she would be sleeping not only in the same room as Toji... but right beside him... and possibly in his arms. Just thinking about that was enough to make her giddy, happy, and extremely nervous.
 
Toji: (Trying to break the ice) Ya know… when I'm with you… I'm never in da dark…
 
That snapped her out of her mental debates on how to word what they were doing.
 
Hikari: (Curious) What do you mean by that?
 
Toji: Well, doesn't your name mean light?
 
Hikari: Yeah… it does. (Smiles) That was pretty smart, Toji.
 
Toji blushes and then wraps an arm around Hikari… who takes a few deep breaths and tries not to be nervous.
 
Toji: I'm trying ta be smarter for you, Hikari…
 
Hikari nods her head and impressed by his statement.
 
Toji: I know I don't have much to offer yah, but…
 
Hikari shakes her head.
 
Hikari: Toji… don't sell yourself short. (Slowly moves her head towards him)
 
Toji: Hikari…
 
Hikari's lips meet Toji's and the two briefly kiss. After the kiss, Hikari rests her head back on the pillow.
 
Hikari: Toji… I love you for who you are. You make me happy… and that's all that's important to me.
 
Toji slips his left hand into her right hand.
 
Toji: Thank you Hikari…
 
The couple exchange silent glances at each other for a while and think about each other. Hikari's mind drifts over to thinking about their current situation.
 
Hikari: What... what do you think is going to happen to us? I mean…
 
Toji: I dunno… I hope they get dat tunnel hooked up soon. It's kinda scary to know that there's people out there looking to get us…
 
Hikari: (In a worried tone of voice) Yeah…
 
Toji: No matter what happens, I'll protect you. Dat's my promise to you…
 
Hikari smiles and tightens her grip on Toji's hand. `I just love his determination… and he's willing to risk his life for me. I just hope we can get through this situation…'
 
Toji watches as Hikari falls asleep and then begins to think to himself. `I wish we could go after those SEELE people right now… I don't like all this hiding…'
 
Sleep soon envelopes Toji… the day's activities and the stress have worn him out. Meanwhile, over in front room, Asuka and Shinji's make out session comes to an end. She looks around and there's not a soul in sight…
 
Asuka: Looks like everyone went to bed…
 
Shinji: (Taking a look around) Yeah… (Looks at Asuka) I wonder how long we were kissing?
 
Asuka: (Softly) Mmm… I don't know… but it certainly was fun. (Has an idea) Let's go back to my room… I just had an idea…
 
Shinji pauses to think about that statement. Part of him is afraid of what that may mean… and part of him is very excited.
 
Asuka: (Noticing that Shinji isn't moving) Are you okay?
 
Shinji: (Returning to reality) Huh? Oh, sorry…
 
Asuka: (Standing up) Come on Shinji… (Reaches her hand out towards him)
 
Shinji grabs a hold of her hand and gets on his feet. She quickly leads him back to her bedroom, pausing only to turn off the front room and kitchen lights on the way. After closing the door to her room, Asuka walks over to her bed and lays face first on top of it.
 
Shinji: (Scratching his chin) What are you doing?
 
Asuka: (Turns and smiles at Shinji) I'm waiting for my back rub, of course.
 
Shinji: Back rub?
 
Asuka: Yeah… don't you want do something different for a change? Besides, I'm feeling a little tense…
 
Shinji: Well, it has been kinda crazy in here the last few days… (Sits down on the bed next to Asuka)
 
Asuka: (Sweetly) Shin-chan, could you rub my back and massage my shoulders please? I'll do the same for you…
 
Shinji: (Thinks about in for a moment) Sure, Asuka…
 
Asuka: (Happily) Great!
 
Shinji starts to gently rub his hands up and down her back, causing her to relax and moan softly. Asuka decides to tease him a little and make this time together a little more “fun”…
 
Asuka: You know Shinji, it'd be a lot easier for you if I took off my shirt…
 
Shinji: (Turns red) I guess…
 
Asuka: Don't you wanna touch me?
 
Shinji: (Softly) Asuka… I… of course…
 
Asuka reaches down and quickly sheds her blue t-shirt. Shinji can feel his heart beating faster as a result of seeing that happen right in front of him. `When she does that… damn…'
 
Asuka: (Teasingly as she lays back down on the bed) All ready…
 
Shinji: O-okay…
 
Asuka relaxes her muscles and allows him to get to work. He gently massages her back, causing her to feel a whole lot better. Noticing that his fingers occasionally linger as they pass over the back of her bra… she decides to test Shinji out. `Let's see if he's graduated from my “lessons” yet'…
 
Asuka: Shin-chan…
 
Shinji: What is it?
 
Asuka: You like touching my bra, don't you?
 
Shinji: (Blushes because of being caught) Umm… yeah… umm… it's soft…
 
Asuka: Go ahead and check it out… I don't mind…
 
Shinji: (To himself) Really? She doesn't mind that I'm touching her bra?
 
Shinji gently runs his fingers along the back of Asuka's bra, taking in all of the details and softness of the backside of one of her fancier white bras. After a while, she starts to nod off… he notices this and decides to try and keep her awake… by talking to her about a recent incident…
 
Shinji: (Softly) Hey Asuka… I want to tell you something…
 
Asuka: (Half-awake) Yeah… what is it?
 
Shinji: Remember back in the front room when I said that you were like that girl from Love Hina…
 
Asuka: Yeah…
 
Shinji: What I meant to say was… well… you and Naru wear yellow a lot. It kept reminding me about the first time I saw you on that battleship in that yellow dress…
 
Asuka: Yeah… that's right… you couldn't stop thinking about me after that, could you?
 
Shinji shakes his head.
 
Asuka: You're just like that Keitaro guy… you fell in love with an “energetic girl”… (Chuckles)
 
Shinji: (Softly) I sure did…
 
Asuka: Before I massage your back and shoulders, you have to finish my massage.
 
Shinji: Oh yeah… I forgot about your shoulders.
 
Asuka: Yep. Before you start, though, you should move my bra straps out of the way…
 
Shinji: Sure, umm no problem…
 
Asuka is very happy inside as her boyfriend gently moves her bra straps off of her shoulder. `He's really getting comfortable with me… I think he doesn't need any more lessons… we can take it by feel from here…'
 
As Shinji massages Asuka's shoulders, he reflects on what he just did. `That wasn't too hard… I think all of her lessons helped me out and toughened me up. This is fun… and I like being intimate with her…'
 
When Shinji finishes his massage, he notices that Asuka is fast asleep. `I don't want to wake her up… I think I'll just go to bed now…'
 
Shinji gets out of bed and turns off the lights. On his way back to Asuka's bed, he can hear Asuka talking in her sleep. `At least I know that she isn't having a nightmare… she's saying my name…'
 
Shinji pulls the blanket over both of them and gently runs his hand down Asuka's nearly bare back. He thinks about their relationship up to this point and where it's going… and how much effort both parties have put into it. `I just hope that everything will be better after we get rid of SEELE… I don't want to live my life in hiding…'
 
Around 10:00 P.M., Shinji falls asleep thinking about the fiery redhead in bed next to him.
 
 
Friday January 22nd, 2016
 
 
Misato enters Rei's room around 6 A.M. and finds Rei's head nuzzled against Kensuke's chest. `Look at her… she looks so peaceful and content. I'm glad that she's finally getting a chance at happiness…'
 
Misato: Rei… Rei… wake up…
 
Rei's eyes flutter and open up slowly. She looks in the direction of the voice and is surprised to see Misato standing next to her bed sporting a large grin on her face.
 
Rei: Mom…
 
Misato: (Playfully) I see you and Kensuke here have become close… are you two trying to be the next Asuka and Shinji?
 
Rei blushes for a moment as a result of that comment and it's implications. She takes a deep breath and then answers Misato.
 
Rei: No, we are trying to become the next Kaji and Misato...
 
Misato falls over backwards looking at her daughter with a white face.
 
Misato: W... What...
 
Rei: If you would give us our privacy, Ken-kun and I need to get dressed after our long night.
 
Misato: Rei... I... NO... this is too soon... I...
 
Rei then tosses back the covers showing that both she and Kensuke are fully clothed.
 
With a shy smile Rei looks at her mom.
 
Rei: I know mom. It is too early for some things, I do not believe that Ken-kun or myself are ready for certain things.
 
Misato blinks and looks at her daughter in askance.
 
Rei: (smiling softly) Mom, I am sorry I did that to you.
 
Misato smiles and then chuckles slightly before sitting up and giving Rei a hug.
 
Misato: It's ok Rei... I'm sorry I was picking on you like that.
 
For a few moments the two shared a moment together that mothers around the world would look at and not believe it if they were... told that Rei was not her child.
 
However such moments were doomed to not last.
 
Kensuke: AHH!! Misato!
 
Misato: Well good morning Kensuke… I'm glad to see that you're well rested. Rei here says you two had a busy night last night… (Winks at him)
 
Rei: MOM! (Kensuke blushes)
 
Misato: (Giggles) I was just kidding… seriously, though, I have something to show you two…
 
Kensuke: Umm… what is it?
 
Misato: Just follow me… (Stands up)
 
Misato leaves the room and Rei and Kensuke exchange a quick glance at each other before getting out of bed and following Misato.
 
As Rei and Kensuke turn the corner into the connecting hallway between the two apartments, they spot Misato standing next to the wall.
 
Misato: (Motioning the teens to come towards her) Come here…
 
With some slight hesitation, the two teens walk over to where Misato is standing. They immediately notice that there is what appears to be two large garbage chutes where there was bare wall last night.
 
Rei: Is this our escape route?
 
Kensuke: It looks like a garbage chute to me…
 
Misato: That's the cover for escape tubes… so as long as no one sees you use it- they won't even stop to check them out. I wanted to show you where our escape route is, in case we need to use it.
 
Rei: (Nodding her head) Yes.
 
Misato: Kensuke, can you go wait for Rei in her bedroom? I have to talk to her privately for a few minutes… you know, mother-daughter talk.
 
Kensuke: Sure, umm… I'll be waiting for you, Rei…
 
Kensuke heads down the hallway and is soon out of sight. Misato takes a deep breath and then prepares to ask Rei a serious question.
 
Misato: Rei, am I a bad example for you guys?
 
Rei: Mom… I… (Thinks about the question)
 
Misato: I kinda noticed this morning that all you guys are sleeping with your partners in the same bed… I found Asuka with her shirt off and her bra straps down off of her shoulders. What really got my attention, though, was seeing Hikari with Toji in the same bed…
 
Rei: Mom… in truth… I have little experience with these things. I only know about what feels comfortable to me…
 
Misato thinks about Rei's answer to her question. `I guess this is new for me too… I've never been a mother before. I want Rei to be happy… but I don't want her to rush things and get into trouble. Same goes for Asuka…'
 
Misato: Rei… we'll talk about this later, okay?

Rei: Okay.
 
Misato: I have to show the other couples where our escape chutes are at… and I need to talk to Asuka.
 
Rei nods her head and then yawns. Misato watches as her daughter walks down the hallway and out of sight. When Rei gets back to her bedroom, she finds Kensuke fast asleep in bed. She snuggles up to him and falls asleep as well.
 
 
Over in Asuka's room, a certain redhead is awakened by some gentle shaking and a voice whispering in her ear…
 
Misato: (Softly) Asuka… Asuka… wake up…
 
Asuka rolls over and then slowly opens her eyes. “Misato?”
 
Misato: I see someone was having some fun last night…
 
Shinji: (Sleepily) Not as much as you...
 
Misato: What.... but I was quiet… I...
 
Shinji: (Opening his eyes) Oh Misato... when'd you get here?
 
Misato: What... you mean...
 
Asuka: Shinji… what did you mean by that?
 
Shinji: By what?
 
Asuka: (Exasperated) Oh, never mind…
 
Misato: Shinji, I need to talk to Asuka for a few minutes… (Grabs Asuka's blue T-shirt off of the floor and tosses to her) Get dressed…
 
Asuka blushes for a moment and realizes that Misato has caught her without her shirt on. “I'm never gonna hear the end of this one…” Asuka mumbles to herself as she puts her bra straps back into their proper place.
 
Asuka: (While putting on her T-shirt) Look… I know what this looks like but…
 
Misato just shakes her head and motions towards the front room. She slips out bed and follows Misato into the front room, closing the door behind her.
 
Asuka: (Trying to stop the inquisition before it starts) Shinji was just giving me a back and shoulder massage last night… nothing happened.
 
Misato: Is that so?
 
Asuka: Yeah… he had to move my bra straps out of the way to massage my shoulders… (Recalls the events of last night) He certainly does a good job…
 
Misato: (Skeptically) That's all you two were doing? Nothing more serious then that?
 
Asuka: Nope.
 
Misato: Then I don't have to drop in and spend the night like I did before, right?
 
Asuka: (Getting slightly agitated) No, you don't!
 
Misato: I believe you… because I know you would probably have been boasting about how far you two had gone if you were really getting intimate… you wouldn't have denied it all.
 
Asuka: (Shaking her head) Yeah… you know me too well.
 
Misato: (Sighs aloud) I know I may not be the best example of a parent… and I know I tell you and Rei to take it easy and not move too fast… which, coming from me… may seem a little… hypocritical sometimes…
 
Asuka: Well, you're very… intimate with Kaji and you're very… apparent with your desires for him. I know Shinji wouldn't be like that with me… though he's getting a lot better at expressing himself lately. That's all I wanted from all of this training we did together… I just wanted to know and feel his feelings and desires for me.
 
Misato: (Impressed by Asuka's words) Honestly, I think sometimes that you're more like my daughter then Rei. (Smiles) You certainly got my fiestyness… (Chuckles)
 
Asuka: Hmm… maybe… and I think I got some of my tastes in clothes from you, too…

Misato: (Curious) What do you mean by that?
 
Asuka: Well… (Blushes slightly)… you saw what I was wearing under this T-shirt.
 
Misato: Asuka… it's okay to want to feel sexy and to dress sexy… but don't get carried away… even if Shinji can take it now, you risk going too far and doing something that you both probably aren't ready to do yet.
 
Asuka ponders Misato's words for a moment and then smiles. “Misato… despite what you may think… I know that I'm not ready to go all the way with Shinji. I love him… but I'm just not ready for that. He hasn't even touched my chest yet…”
 
Misato: That's good to hear. You should take the time to get to know Shinji better… before you doing anything really serious. Don't let all of the stress that's in our lives now bother you enough that you have to find a way out in that way. When you two are a little older, a little more mature… then you should think seriously about doing more…
 
Asuka: I understand where you're coming from but… I have all of Shinji's memories and he has mine. I think we know each other pretty damn well…
 
Misato: I totally forgot about that… (Stops speaking for a moment) Don't forget that we have that battle coming up sometime soon… you don't wanna do something that could affect your performance later…
 
Asuka: (Making a counterpoint) So I can fight and risk my life for this country… for the world… and I can't make my own decision about what to do with my own fiancée?
 
Misato: (Looking befuddled) That's not how I meant it… I mean…
 
Asuka: Well, what did you mean then?
 
Misato: Asuka, I…
 
Misato pauses and considers Asuka's last major statement. Asuka waits for a response, expecting this argument to continue. She is taken off guard by Misato's response… a hug. A soft voice begins to speak in Asuka's ear…
 
Misato: You know I think of you as my daughter, too… I just want what's best for you… and I don't want to see you get hurt. I wish I had someone special at your age… my life was…
 
Asuka: (Curious) What were you doing at 15?
 
Misato begins to shake and Asuka wonders what's wrong with her.
 
Asuka: Are you okay?
 
Asuka looks at Misato's face and can see that she's in pain… and on the verge of tears. `What's wrong? Why won't she tell me what's wrong?' Asuka thinks as she tries to figure why Misato is so distraught at the moment.
 
Misato: I was… I was… mute. After witnessing Second Impact… I didn't talk for two years…
 
Asuka: (Very affected by this new information) Oh… I didn't know… (Figures out how old Misato would be at that time)… from age fourteen to sixteen… you didn't speak at all?
 
Misato: Not a single word.
 
Asuka: Oh… (Tries to make a small joke) But look how much you talk now…
 
Misato smiles at Asuka. “Yeah… it took me a while to get back into talking… my later High school career wasn't easy… and of course, the boys…”
 
Asuka: I'll bet they were lining up around the block to ask you out…
 
Misato: (Chuckles) Well… a little bit… but I was still recovering from that horrible experience I had… I really didn't do anything serious in high school with any of the boys… I just wanted to enjoy a “normal” life. I'm lucky that I survived… so I believed that I should cherish each day and live life out to the fullest… and I did.
 
Asuka: That's good… and I know you met up with Kaji in college…
 
Misato: Yeah… and we kept talking about my hips… (Chuckles) I wasn't done growing, even at 18…
 
Asuka: (Glancing at Misato's chest) Yeah, I can see why…
 
Misato: (Shakes her head) I swear, you can be so silly sometimes… I just meant my hips. When I was your age, I had about the same build as you… but then I filled it out as an older teen.
 
Asuka: (Hearing her door open) Sounds like Shinji… (Turns around) Hey, Shinji!
 
Shinji: Umm… are you guys done yet?
 
Asuka: (Sweetly) Miss me already?
 
Shinji nods his head and Misato smiles. “Asuka… just don't overdo it, okay? We can talk some more about this another time…”
 
Asuka: Sure, no problem.
 
Misato: (Snaps her fingers) Oh, before I forget, I have to show you two something… follow me…
 
Misato begins to walk down the hallway and a curious Shinji and Asuka follow behind her. After reaching the “garbage chutes”, Misato stops and points at the chutes…
 
Asuka: Where did those come from?
 
Shinji: (Taking a closer look) Why do we have garbage chutes?
 
Misato: That's our way out… these are the two escape tubes.
 
Asuka: Oh…
 
Shinji: (Remembering something) You said my father came up with this idea?
 
Misato: (Not believing it herself) Yeah, he did…
 
Shinji: I feel a little better… at least we have another way out of here…
 
Asuka: (Hugs Shinji) I'm going to take a shower… no peeking, okay?
 
Shinji: (Embarrassed) ASUKA!
 
Misato: Aww… it sounds like Shinji wants to peek...
 
Asuka: (Turning red) MISATO!
 
Shinji is incapable of speech as the image of a nude Asuka with water cascading down her body has him entranced...
 
Asuka is about to turn away from them when she notices the vacant look on his face as well as the line of drool hanging from the corner of his mouth
 
Asuka: Shinji?
 
Misato: Shinji?
 
Asuka: I think we broke him....
 
Misato: I'll leave you two lovebirds alone… I have to get Toji and Hikari and show them our new escape tubes…
 
Misato walks away, chuckling to herself. `Those guys can be so easy to tease sometimes…'
 
Asuka gives Shinji a hug and starts whispering in his ear, trying to get a response. Asuka finally feels him move when he says “I'll never be able to go to sleep again..."
 
Asuka: (Smiles) Can't stop thinking about me, can you?
 
Shinji: (Shuddering) No…
 
Asuka: Good. (Kisses Shinji) I'll be back soon… wait for me in my room, okay?
 
Shinji nods his head and watches as Asuka takes off for her room. He can't seem to move… the images floating around in his head are still affecting him.
 
 
Over in Shinji's room, Misato is about to unleash another one of her practical jokes on the sleeping couple.
 
Misato: (Clearing her throat) Toji… Toji… wake up…
 
Toji: Five more minutes mom... (Snuggles closer to Hikari)
 
Misato blinked... hard... as she tried to comprehend if he really did say what she thought he said. Then before she could react properly she watched as Toji moved in closer to Hikari's neck. Just as she opened her mouth to say something the major's mouth snapped closed as she watched Toji begin kissing Hikari's neck.
 
Being somewhere between asleep and awake, Toji was vaguely conscious of not only holding Hikari in his arms, but of her lying right next to him. And while his rational mind might have reminded him that they went to sleep together… that part was asleep and the rest of him mind decided that this was a pretty good dream. So thinking, he began to kiss and nuzzle against her neck teasingly.
 
Being a light sleeper... most of the time... Hikari would have been jolted out of the bed had someone began kissing her neck as she slept. However, last night after going to sleep in his arms, she then proceeded to imitate a log, unconscious to the world. Grudgingly she began to pull her mind out of her deep sleep as she moaned softly a few times allowing whatever that was against her neck to keep it up.
 
Slowly her eyes opened to the world around her. And then wished they hadn't. For the first thing her eyes saw was not the loving face of the one nuzzling her neck. No, that would be too much to ask for, instead she got the see the surprised face of her boyfriends commanding officer.
 
Hikari: Ah... crap....
 
Misato: Did... you just say...
 
Hikari: Um… no... ah... um... Toji...
 
Unfortunately for her, Toji still seemed to be lost in his dream... or was it a fantasy...
 
Misato: So... does this mean that I am going to have to keep an eye on you two now?
 
H: No... you don't... ah... need to... ah... TOJI!
 
Toji's eyes suddenly snapped open and the first thing he saw as he sat up abruptly was the shocked expression on his girlfriends face. Though behind him he could hear Misato laughing followed by a dull thump as the woman hit the floor. Looking at his girlfriend he noticed the confused look in her eyes as her hand was held against her neck.
 
Toji: Hikari... ah... I'm sorry... I… I…
 
Hikari: You bit me!
 
Toji: No I didn't... did I?
 
Hikari pulled her hand away from her neck showing him a now purple mark on her neck... just the same size as his mouth.
 
Toji: Uh-oh…
 
Misato: (Rolling on the ground laughing) I can't take it anymore… damn… you two are funny…
 
Toji: Gee, thanks…
 
Hikari: Umm… is there are reason you woke us up this early… (Glances over at the clock) It's 6:30…
 
Misato: (Bringing her laughter under control) Yeah… I need to show you two something…
 
Toji and Hikari exchange glances and wonder what Misato's up to. Noticing that they aren't moving, Misato motions towards the door.
 
Misato: It's important…
 
Toji and Hikari get out of bed and follow Misato over to hallway near the entrance. Both Hikari and Toji immediately notice the changes…
 
Hikari: Is that a garbage disposal chute?
 
Misato: It looks like one… but that's our escape tube outta here if we need it.
 
Toji: (Looking closer) Good idea… it looks like the real thing… so maybe the bad guys wouldn't even notice it…
 
Misato: Well, I for one feel a lot better knowing this is here… who knows what those SEELE bastards are up to?
 
Toji: Yeah!
 
Misato: (Yawns) Well, I'm going back to bed for a while… and then later I'm going shopping, so we'll need to make a list of food that I'll need to pick up.
 
Hikari: Okay…
 
Misato waves goodbye as she walks down the hallway and staggers back into her room, going right to bed without undressing again… though Kaji happily takes care of that problem for her…
 
Hikari asks Toji to wait for her in the room as she heads over to the bathroom. As she enters the room, she's hit by a blast of warm, moist air. `Someone must be in the shower…' Looking down at the floor, Hikari spots a pile of clothes and knows who must be in the shower…
 
Hikari gently rubs her neck and decides to head over to the mirror to get a better look at herself. Rubbing the condensation off of the mirror, Hikari begins to look at her neck… and realizes what Toji was doing to her earlier… right in front of Misato…
 
Hikari: TOJI SUZAHARA!
 
Asuka turns off the water, jumps out of the shower, and opens the door- letting a fresh cloud of steam into the bathroom.
 
Asuka: Are you okay Hikari? I just heard you scream…
 
Hikari: (Taking deep breaths in an attempt to calm down) I'm fine… it's just…
 
Asuka: (Noticing the mark on her friend's neck) Is that a… hickey?
 
Hikari: (Quickly puts her hand over her neck) Umm… no…
 
Asuka: (Grinning) Soo… you and Toji were having some fun this morning…
 
The bathroom door suddenly opens and a wide-eyed Toji is standing there, wondering why Hikari just yelled his name… and why there's a nude Asuka standing right next to her …
 
Toji: (Trying not to stare) Are you okay Hikari?
 
Hikari: No! You left a… (Voice trails off)… a hickey on my neck…
 
Asuka is stunned by Toji's presence and can't move. Hikari notices this and decides to act.
 
Hikari: Toji, look over here, don't stare at Asuka…
 
Toji: (Turning his head) I ain't lookin at her…
 
Hikari: You better not be looking at her! I'm the only you should be staring at!
 
Toji: Look, let's get outta hear and talk about dis somewhere else…
 
Hikari nods her head and totally agrees with what Toji just said. Before they can leave the room, however, Shinji comes running in…
 
Shinji: I heard someone scream and then saw Toji run by… (His eyes scan the room and notice that Asuka is nude) Holy…!
 
Asuka: Shinji! (Turns around and rushes toward him)
 
Shinji finds himself being embraced by a nude Asuka that has apparently just gotten out of the shower… he feels himself begin to shut down… except for a few places…
 
Shinji: (Realizing something) Wait a second… why are you in here, Toji?
 
Asuka: (Making up a story) Oh, Shinji… he was trying to peek at me…
 
Toji: (Sarcastically) Yeah, you wish…
 
Shinji: (Beginning to get angry) Toji… leave…
 
Toji: (Confused) Look, I wasn't looking at you girl…
 
Shinji grabs Toji and throws him out of the room. Hikari, who's a little scared and embarrassed about what just happened, quickly exits the room and closes the door.
 
Asuka: (Softly) Mmm… thank you, Shinji… that guy got poor Hikari all riled up… and made me stop a perfectly good shower. He deserved that…
 
Shinji: I don't want anyone looking at you like this but… (Blushes and stops speaking)
 
Asuka: (Rubbing her upper body against him) But me? Is that what you were going to say?
 
Shinji looks around and takes stock of the situation. `I'm in the bathroom… alone… it's steamy in here… and Asuka is totally nude… wet… and rubbing her breasts against me… this must be a dream…'
 
Asuka wonders why Shinji has suddenly gone silent… until she sees a stream of drool coming out from the corner of his mouth. `Damn it… he's off in his dreamworld again… I bet he thinks this is a dream, too…'
 
Asuka: (In a seductive tone) I bet you're having a daydream about me, you naughty boy… (Pinches his behind) The real thing is right in front of you, silly…
 
Shinji: (Painfully returning to reality) OW! That hurt! (Looks down and sees Asuka's smiling face) This isn't a dream…
 
Asuka: No Shin-chan, it's not.
 
Shinji takes a few deep breaths and cannot help but look down at her chest… which is still pressed against his body. `I gotta get her to put some clothes on… and fast… she may want to do “it” with me… and I'm starting to get really tempted here…'
 
Asuka watches as Shinji put his hands on her shoulders and then closes his eyes. He gently pushes her away…
 
Shinji: (Very nervously) Asuka… can you please umm… put some clothes on… (To himself) This is so hard to do… I want her… I've wanted to see more of her…
 
Asuka: (Slightly disappointed at his lack of interest) Oh… you don't like to see me nude? (To herself) Why does he want me to get dressed? Don't I look sexy right now? I'm naked for god sakes…
 
Shinji: (To himself) Damn it! How the hell can I answer that? (Sighs) Gods do I want her... (Slowly opening his eyes to look at her not realizing he just said that out loud.) Asuka… you look great… even better then before… but I don't want to rush things… (Voice trails off)… though you do have a nice butt…
 
Asuka: (Catching Shinji's last comment) I see… so now my breasts aren't the center of attention anymore… (Sighs) Oh well…
 
Shinji: (Really straining to keep his eyes from staring at her bare breasts) Those are umm… nice too…
 
Asuka: (Grins) You're so naughty, Shin-chan… but I'll get dressed…
 
Asuka puts on her pink bra and panties and then decides to tease Shinji a little more. `Maybe we can still have some fun together here… I don't want this opportunity to be wasted…' Asuka snaps her fingers and then says “All done…”
 
Shinji: (Opening his eyes) Whew! For a second there I… (Notices that Asuka's only in her underwear) Asuka!
 
Asuka: What? You've seen my in my bra many times… though this is your first time getting to see me in my panties instead of shorts… it's your lucky day… (Winks)
 
Shinji: (Sighs and shakes his head) You're such a tease…
 
Asuka: Yeah… so what? You knew I was from the very start of our relationship… (Taps her head)… but I know you like being teased by me…
 
Shinji: Yeah… but that's not the only thing I like about you… (Hugs Asuka) You're so confident in yourself… and you have a drive, a determination… that I didn't have back then… and I'm still nowhere near as determined as you are…
 
Asuka: Oh, Shinji… (Kisses him on the cheek) You're getting better… you just pushed me away when I was naked… that took a lot of determination to do that.
 
Shinji: I guess… but it's only because I've had help…
 
Asuka: You do have help… and it's not just me… we all love you, Shinji. (Reaches for her shorts and puts them on) You've helped me out a lot, too…
 
Shinji: (Reaches down and picks up Asuka's shirt) Anything for my… my… fiancée…
 
Asuka: (Smiles) No more girlfriend for you, huh… (Takes the shirt from Shinji's hands and puts it on)
 
Shinji: No…
 
Asuka buries her head into his chest. “Shinji… you don't know how good that makes me feel… to hear you say that I'm your fiancée… you're definitely as serious as I am about this relationship…”
 
Asuka feels Shinji's arms wrap around her and she silently enjoys the intimate moment with him. After a few minutes have passed, Shinji gently lets go of Asuka and looks down at his clothes… which are now all wet… Asuka had inadvertently used him as a towel a few minutes ago…
 
Asuka: (Giggles) Looks like I messed up your clothes… you're all wet…
 
Shinji: Maybe I should take a shower… since I'm already in the bathroom…
 
Asuka: I'll get you some fresh clothes… you go ahead, Shinji.
 
Shinji: (Thinks to himself for a moment) Before I go in… I want you to promise me something, Asuka…
 
Asuka: Sure, what is it?
 
Shinji: (Trying to keep his resolve going) Promise me that you're not going to “surprise” me when I get out of the shower…
 
Asuka: Oh, you're no fun… (Crosses her arms across her chest) I promise… but only if you and I get to snuggle after you're done.
 
Shinji: (Smiles) Of course, Asuka.
 
Shinji takes a deep breath and then walks over to Asuka. He gently places a kiss on her cheek and then grabs a towel. Asuka blushes slightly as she watches Shinji open the shower door and then head into the other room. `I think Shinji is finally being open with himself about his feelings and desires… and how far he wants to go with me. I hope I didn't overdo it… it's not everyday that he walks in on me in the shower…'
 
Asuka takes a deep breath and then walks out of the room. She returns a few minutes later with Shinji's clothes and puts then down on the floor near the entranceway. Shinji's surprised to hear a knocking on the door as he's taking a shower.
 
Shinji: Who is it?
 
Asuka: It's just me… I left your clothes by the door… I'll be waiting for you in my bed… so don't take too long, okay?
 
Shinji: (Glad that Asuka isn't trying to wait for him in the bathroom) No problem.
 
Asuka, satisfied with his answer, heads back to her room. Shinji finishes his shower and gets dressed. When he arrives back in Asuka's room, he's surprised to find her fast asleep in the bed. He crawls into the bed and pulls the covers over them both.
 
Later that morning, Misato makes out a shopping list and then goes to each bedroom and asks for ideas for items to add to the list. After visiting Asuka's room, Misato is ready to go. So, putting on her coat and cap she heads to work promising to pick up the supplies on her way home.
 
For Misato Katsuragi, she got into a habit of leaving NERV and stopping first one, then the other apartment buildings. Then she'd go to the store to pick up a few groceries before heading home. She knew that she had to make it look like she was only picking up enough for herself, which was a small problem. Thankfully, they had been able to work out a deal with this store so that whatever she ordered was delivered to the other two apartments... before a secret shipment was sent to her place.

Over at the grocery store, Misato sighed as she looked through the frozen foods section.

Misato: Damn... these things are getting expensive. Pen-Pen better appreciate this.

Unknown to her, there was a vehicle racing towards the very shop she was shopping in.

Misato:  I swear they raise these prices every time I buy them.

After making her selections she went to the front counter and laid out her groceries on the table for the sales clerk to add up. Unknown to her, there was a vehicle racing towards the very store where she was shopping.

Clerk: Will this be all ma'am?

Misato looked it over and cursed.

Misato: NO... I can't believe I left it back there...

She scanned the store, and after noticing no one waiting in line behind her she rushed off to the Liquor section to get a bottle of wine for her and Kaji.

Misato: I can't believe I forgot this...

Before she could turn around she heard tires squealing, people screaming and then a horrible crash as a truck drove though the front of the store.

Misato:  What the...

She tried to say more, but the truck exploded in a shower of sparks and flames...
 
The flames and the explosion reduced the front of the store to rubble and twisted remains of metal that used to be the support sections of the store.

Several moments later, Misato awoke with a horrible headache.  With a groan of pain she stood up and saw that the front of the store was gone.  Panic seized her as she rushed forwards.  As she neared the front of the store there were people milling about outside as well as emergency crews.  But that was not what scared her the most.  She found the clerk... or rather what was left after the ceiling had fallen on him and then had a truck explode right beside him.

Misato:  Oh god...

Slowly she fell to her knees as she realized just how close to dying she had come.
 
Misato barely registered the fact that someone was trying to help her to her feet, or trying to tend to her wounds. Instead she was just stunned. Who and why were just two of the questions going through her head.
 
Misato came out of her stupor as another explosion rocked the area.

Misato: What the hell!
 
Struggling to stand up, she could see a column of smoke billowing out of an apartment complex.  Fear gripped her heart as names began to make their way to her lips.

Misato:  Rei... Asuka... Shinji... Kaji... no... please no...
 
 
To be continued in Chapter 32: Death of a Dream
 
Hope that this chapter satisfies those who wanted a change of pace in the story… this is about 20,000 words long on 60 pages… easy twice to three times as big as any other chapter I've written for any of my stories. I'm working on the new chapter now… but it may take a little while before it gets up.