Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ A Study of Rei Ayanami ❯ A Short Study of Rei Ayanami ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer - I don't own Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gainax and those guys do.
Summary - A semi-humorous, semi-serious look into Rei, done something as a study.
 
My Rei Study
By MaidenFan666
 
In Life, we find many different souls with many different ways to see the world. Today, I wish to look at the soul of one Rei Ayanami. This young, 14 year old girl has already died twice in her life, yet she is still walking among us. Even more strange, she is a hybrid, or a halfbreed, between human and alien. From all of this one could say that she has had a rather unique existence. One could also argue that really her life isn't so different from a normal life.
 
To use the unique perspective, you could certainly say that her origins and her life in general has been rather strange and mysterious. She has lived as an isolationist, devoid of too much contact from her fellow life forms. She has been shy or just quiet, never really talking about herself. Whenever she does talk, it is usually to reference an order or a command from Gendo Ikari, who is something like a father to her.
 
Then again, it could be also argued that Rei has lived a normal teenage life. She has been alone, but nearly every teenage girl has felt alone and/or isolated at some point. She lacks human contacts, she lacks friends, because she is simply a shy girl and doesn't know how to approach or talk to other people in general. She has shown significant contact with the 2nd and 3rd children, showing that perhaps she is beginning to gain a will of her own.
 
So to conclude my study, I must say that Rei Ayanami may well be the most mysterious creature in existence. I can't believe that sometimes I actually think I can understand why she feels what she feels or why she does what she does. I suppose it may be because my mind itself isn't quite right, so I may be trying to see understanding or similarity in her. I may be trying to understand her because I see some of myself when I look at her. In either case, regardless of whether you like or dislike her, you must agree with me when I say that Rei Ayanami certainly is a very unique creature.
 
 
Ok, I think this has been my favorite work so far, since it takes a look into a character, but in a way that I can be the one analyzing how I feel about the character, rather than the character analyzing them. I guess that may not make sense to you, but I just enjoy writing from my perspective than having to try to stay in a character's personality. Anyway, please read and review, they are appreciated and I always take time to read all of them.