Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Battlestar Evangelion ❯ The Starchildren ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Battlestar Evangelion:
Well, chapter two. This looks like something that could take off, or bubble away nicely in its own way. Anyway, enjoy the next chapter as, like Shinji, I settle into a Third Person style. If you have any opinions, don't be afraid to let me know, whatever they may be.
Apologies for the sheer length (11k) of the thing, but things needed to be done and needed to be done now. There's stuff that needs to be hinted at, and it can only really be done now, at least so it will be obvious my big `wow' moment wasn't made up on the spot.
Battlestar Galactica and Neon Genesis Evangelion are copyrighted works.
(NGE-Gainax-Hideaki Anno[1995]. BSG-Universal-Ronald.D Moore [2003] & Glen A. Larson [1978]).
Other stuff might be mentioned that's copyrighted.
I don't own anything.
It's just a bit of fun anyway.
I……………………&# 8230;………………………… ……………………I
And the great demon rose into the sky, carried by the avatari of the Gods almost to the stars themselves. Furious at his captivity, he strained against his righteous captors, tearing at his silver wings. With one great final roar of bloody hatred the Third Age of mankind was ended and the demon was cast to the stars for eternity.
Thus began the Fourth Age of man.
-New Creation Gospel ch26::vr01
I……………………&# 8230;………………………… ……………………I
Shinji stood alone, looking down over some great city far below him. A city he'd never seen, yet somehow seemed familiar to him.
A cool, refreshing breeze blew, wrapping his body and chilling his very bones, catching his shirt like a sail. It was a feeling the pale skinned boy had never known and he savoured it. The soft, wet grass carpet beneath his bare feet, the sweet smell of nectar on the mountain air, the chirping of insects, all were things the boy had read about, had heard described, but had never experienced first hand.
He closed his eyes and savoured every nuance of his dream, like an old chocolate sweet he'd once allowed to melt on his tongue for nearly an hour. He knew it had to be a dream, he'd never even set foot on true solid ground, but that couldn't stop him from enjoying these few moments of peace.
The fortress city glistened in the afternoon sun below him, each glass window a miniature sun flickering in the heat. Mist hugged the green and fawn mountains around him, rising on the wind up the steep slopes. Above him, the stars shone brightly, patterns traced out in the night sky above him.
The Tree of Life, the symbol of the Ten Colonies hung high above him, a brilliant shining white against the black night sky.
As he stared up, overawed at the shining path, he watched transfixed as one by one, the points of light flashed a brilliant blue, pure light and energy enveloping him as he collapsed peacefully back onto the grass of the mountainside, cold dew soaking through his shirt.
He was tired though, and he had to sleep.
So he did.
I……………………&# 8230;………………………… ……………………I
Shinji was woken by some strange electronic tone, invading the peaceful privacy of his sleeping mind. Loud and shrill, it resonated throughout his thoughts, jarring him painfully from his peaceful slumber.