Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Confessions of an Addict ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
DISCLAIMER: Evangelion is the property of Gainax and Anno Hideaki and probably a few other people. It's not mine. I'd like it to be, so I could claim lots of royalties and get all the products for free, or something.

I walk in to the meeting. I don't know what I'm doing here.

Actually, I do. Shinji talked me into it. I remember clearly what he said. "It's become serious. You need to go to this meeting to try and cure yourself." It's about the most forceful I've ever seen him. Maybe that's a good thing.

But it's brought me here. The host is looking at me with those awful eyes, cheerful and mournful at the same time. "Welcome!" he says. "Please, take a seat, and just listen to a few other people talk about their problems and what they've achieved, and when you feel comfortable, you can take your turn."

Comfortable. Hah! My palms are sweaty, the back of my neck is itching, and my legs are doing everything within their power to turn me around and propel me out that door faster than an Eva at launch.

Well, the meeting's started. Someone else has stood up, and is talking now. Oh, no! It's Toshio Takagi! I haven't seen him for years - not since we went on that binge in 2010 and almost got thrown into jail. Has he decided to get it out of his system, too? Well, at least I'm in company.

No! Don't tell them about that! That was meant to be our secret! Bastard.

Why is everyone looking at me?

Oh, it's my turn, I guess. Well, nothing left to it. I stand up, clear my throat, and finally let out the words I always denied, the ones I though would never apply to me, because I was always in control.

"Hello. My name is Asuka Langley Soryuu, and I'm addicted to being a complete and utter bitch."