Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Eva Spyhunter ❯ German Blitz ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's disclaimer: Read first chapter.

Eva Spyhunter

Chapter 7: German Blitz

IES headquarters: Frankfurt, Germany

After their long and uneventful trip from Venice, the IES team was quickly debriefed of their last mission. Misato was now seated in the command module holding some reports pertaining to the mission in Venice.

"I see that you have done well." Misato says while her eyes are still glued at the report. "You have managed to destroy everyone of those satellite communications trucks and successfully installed the trackers on the transports." Misato stood up from her seat and faced the kids. "The trackers you placed on the transports allowed us to pinpoint where they are. We have located them in a suspected SEELE factory in Frankfurt, Germany."

"You mean, one of the weapons factory is located here?" asked Shinji bewilderedly. This would make his mission much more easier because it would be closer to headquarters and there will be more IES repair vehicles.

"Yes. Preparations are being made to attack this factory now. The target will be the main generators and R&D lab at the heart of the factory. This will be a one-man mission." Misato flicked a switch that shows the blueprint of the SEELE weapons factory. "You are to enter at the back of the factory from this route." She pointed her marker at a hidden route near the weapons factory. "And you are to exit from the front gate. Their front defenses will be nullified because they can't attack towards the direction of the factory. But be careful. Satellite images confirmed that the base is rigged with a lot of laser defenses." Misato said before walking in front of Shinji.

"Shinji, I expect you to be prepared in an hour. The Interceptor is now fully repaired and ready for action. Here is Ritsuko to fill you on the new improvements made on the Interceptor."

Misato looked behind her and nodded to Ritsuko as she went back to the command module. Ritsuko brought out a folder that contained highly classified IES documents.

"Shinji, the Interceptor is now fitted wit a proto-astral railgun. Your energy weapons have been given additional firepower and your ammo storage holds double the amount. The SEV mode of your vehicle can now utilize boost although the boost of the normal mode of your Interceptor is faster. Take good care of it. I want it back in pristine order agent."

"Yes ma'am." Replied Shinji. He knew very well that it would be good for him if he follows her orders or otherwise risk her wrath.

"Alright. Dismissed." After a brief salute, the kids walked out of the briefing room. After they had reached their quarters, Asuka took Shinji's hand into hers.

"Be careful Shinji alright? You've got no back-up and the factory seems to be heavily guarded."

"Alright Asuka. I promise I'll be back."

After they shared one final kiss, Shinji walked out towards the garage to prepare for his hardest mission yet…

SEELE headquarters: Petra, Jordan

12 monoliths lit up as the most powerful terrorist group once again convened to brood over their latest failure.

"Operation Rebirth is not in schedule. Ikari's spawn has managed to destroy our timetable and the construction of the ark is not yet finished due to unknown circumstances. This is not good. Our intelligence has even confirmed that the IES is planning to attack our Weapons factory in Frankfurt. We must formulate a plan to eliminate Ikari's spawn in the fastest time possible to minimize the damage he has already incurred to this organization." SEELE-01 stayed silent to let the ramifications of what he said sink into the minds of his members.

"The new missile in Venice has yet to be installed. Security forces around the planned location are on a heightened alert status. We cannot risk the chance of our true agendas or motives being discovered." Said SEELE-12, breaking the silence. "All the other bases around the world are working well, except those that has already been attacked by Ikari. The Godel Demodovo power plant cannot be restored because of the loss of our compact energy cells codenamed `Kaiser'. We have already sent a message to the other SEELE branches that they need to produce more Kaiser cells for the ark."

"The ark is the only alternative plan if the launching of the four horsemen shall be hindered or impeded. The ark will finish operation Rebirth. Ikari Gendo may be overseeing its construction but it doesn't mean that I fully trust him. I have reason to believe that he has his own plans but I will not allow it. I cannot allow Ikari to enact his own version of Operation Rebirth." SEELE-01 paused. "Now onto the matters at hand. How is the development of the new anti-interceptors coming?"

"The new anti-interceptor has already been finished." Replied SEELE-08 thoughtfully. "We at the Research and development section has already tested it against the Interceptor. It has a win ratio of 100-0. The Anti-interceptor is AI-controlled and is foolproof against forced reprogramming. We have already employed it as an active defense in Frankfurt."

"Is that so? Very well. I want the new anti-interceptor codenamed sigma to be in full-production. I also want you to manufacture special anti-interceptor that could deal with anything unit-01 does. I want him eliminated so that our bases can make a full recovery. The situation with Ikari is rapidly escalating. If he destroys our set scenario, I'm afraid those decades of careful planning will be for naught. If we do succeed, don't think that Ikari Gendo will be on our side. Remember, as I have said before, Ikari Gendo has his own plans. I will not allow him to enact his own plans."

The Ark's construction site: Somewhere in the Arctic

Ikari Gendo had his chin on top of his hands for the past half hour, monitoring the conversations of the 12-member council of SEELE. Gendo smirked behind his hands.

"You think you can stop me? Think again. I can out wit you."

As soon as he finished saying the line, there was a loud knock on the door. He pushed a button to allow the person who had disturbed him to enter. The man was wearing a white lab coat with an I.D. with the words "SEELE project-01 scientist" written at the lower part of the I.D. card.

"Report."

The scientist cleared his throat.

"The construction of the ark is almost finished but the installation of the compact energy cell Kaiser is not in schedule."

Gendo felt his hands tighten. The Scientist continued on.

"All of the weapons on the ark has already been checked and are in nominal status. We have run a full system analysis and everything checks out fine. That is all, Senator Ikari."

"Dismissed."

The man walked out of the door as it closed without a sound. Ikari Gendo once again resumed his line-of-thought.

"Soon. The world shall be mine."

IES headquarters: Frankfurt, Germany

The interceptor slowly rumbled towards the weapons aircraft as the support crews were making final preparations for the upcoming mission. As soon as they finished, the safety jacks were disabled and the engines roared to life, ejecting a trail of hot blue flames from its nuzzles.

The pilot flicked switches at the upper portion of his console as his co-pilot made final preparations.

"This is unit Omega. Requesting permission for take off." Said the pilot over the radio.

"Permission granted, unit Omega. Runway 7 is clear." Came the stoic reply.

The Rapier class weapons aircraft, the largest and the most heavily armed of all weapons aircraft, rumbled through the runway as the pilot placed the thrusters to maximum power. The aircraft sped towards the runway as it began to clear away from the ground. As soon as they were clear, the landing gears retracted back to its compartment, resuming its sleek exterior.

"Going to location designated as black knight. Forward stations report that there are no airborne enemies at the area." The pilot confided to his partner.

"I doubt that SEELE is unprepared. So just to make sure…" The co-pilot opened the top of his right panel, revealing a single red button. As soon as he pushed it, several monitors and switches came to life, indicating that the weapon systems were now online. "Initializing weapon systems. Rapier class is now fully armed"

After reconfiguring the weapons systems of the rapier class, he opened a link to Shinji.

"Shinji, we are 30 minutes from the LZ so just hang in there okay?"

"Okay. I got you captain." Shinji replied as he had just finished checking all the modifications done to his vehicle.

SEELE weapons factory: Frankfurt, Germany

The weapons factory was in a flurry of activity. The techs and soldiers were running about as soon as they received word from headquarters that there was an impending attack from the IES. The base commander observed his troops from his command module. He saw one of his officers running towards him.

"Sir!" they exchanged a brief salute.

"What is the status?" asked the stoic commander.

"We have received reports from our radar stations that an unknown aircraft is going in this direction." Replied the soldier without emotion.

" Very well. Prepare all anti-aircraft guns. Place the base in maximum alert. The attack might have finally arrived."

"Yes sir!" the officer scurried off towards the defensive positions taken up by the gunners and the portable anti-aircraft missile launchers.

`Soon. Very soon. I will see this enemy they're so afraid about.' The commander thought as he smirked.

Skies above Frankfurt

The rapier class weapons aircraft was now 10 minutes away from the landing zone, several explosions rocked the plane, causing the Interceptor to move a bit to the left. The pilot yanked the controls hard as another set of explosions rocked the hull.

"Damn! We're encountering flak guns! Prepare weapons systems! Find those bastards and hit them!" The pilot said to his co-pilot.

"Alright. Tracing flak guns." Several red reticules locked on to the hidden flak guns. The co-pilot pressed the button on his joystick. "Fire!"

Several rounds of bullets emanating from the turrets on the aircraft's underside found their marks as one of the flak cannons exploded. The gunners on the flak cannons repeated their attack with an increased intensity as the explosions caused by flak darkened the sky.

"There is just to- what the?! We have a missile on our tail! Enabling countermeasures!"

The plane's countermeasure system began to kick in as it utilized its flares and the jammers to jam the electronic signals the missile is receiving from the source. It began to wobble slightly from its course. The pilots a sigh of relief when the missile lost its course and it apparently crashed or exploded.

That relief turned into terror when they saw that the missile was indeed a cluster missile. They out turn and out wit the missile but to no avail. The missile struck two of the engines at the right wing, causing it to explode, leaving 4 engines working.

"Rapid power loss in engines three and four! Engines one, two, five and six are nominal! The MAGI uplink estimates that we can still get back to base with this damage." Said the co-pilot to the captain. The captain nodded to him and opened a link to Shinji.

"Shinji, once we reach the landing zone, we are going to land briefly to let you out. We can't stay here much longer or we'll risk being shot down."

"Roger that." Replied Shinji as he started the Interceptor. He revved the Interceptor's engines and ran a full system analysis. All the systems were functional and of nominal status.

As the Rapier class neared the landing point, the landing gear was lowered and the engines were put into silent mode. After a few minutes, the sides of the plane's underside opened horizontally as the landing gear was lowered. When they were on top of the spot, two thruster nozzles under the wings turned vertically as it landed. Once it was fully on the ground, the huge ramp-like door came down to reveal the Interceptor.

"Shinji, go now! You're on your own now!"

Shinji stepped on the gas as soon as the safety jacks were released, causing the car to do a burnout and leave skid marks on the ground.

"Agent Ikari is clear. Rapier ready for takeoff."

The thruster nozzles began to glow red as the Rapier lifted off. The landing gear retracted back to its holding place as the rapier turned to the opposite direction and sped out of the landing zone.

`Good luck, Shinji. I hope you succeed'

Alternate route to SEELE weapons factory: outskirts

The Interceptor sped towards the factory as he heard the engines of the rapier get louder and then suddenly get weaker as it got farther from him. At the rear view mirror, he could still see the silhouette of the rapier and the black clouds of explosions around it. He stepped on the accelerator harder, making the pistons revolve and the tires spin faster as he willed the Interceptor towards his fate.

Shinji activated the weapons systems as he neared the weapons factory. He slowed down, turned off his headlights and stepped on the brake when he saw all the gun towers and the troops guarding. Shinji grinned savagely as he revved his engines…

SEELE weapons factory Gun towers: Frankfurt, Germany

The patrolling guards were pacing back and forth, their weapons at the ready. They stopped and look around when they heard the revving of a V8 engine. It was like it's growling to them.

"What was that?" asked the first soldier to his other companions.

"I have no idea. Maybe it's the intruder that the commander told us about. He also told us that the intruder is here to destroy the factory!" replied one of his companions.

"Yeah. Maybe" Then they heard the revving sound again "Prepare your weapons! It must be the enemy! Contact the commander." bellowed the brigade captain. One of his officers got his radio.

"So the intruder has finally arrived." Said the commander over the radio.

"Yes sir. We believe that it is he. " Came the reply.

"Very well. Prepare to attack and eliminate any intruder. " Ordered the commander as he placed the whole base into code red.

"Yes sir. " The radio officer turned his link off, picked up his rifle and crouched.

"Ready your weapons!" The soldiers crouched, put their safety off and loaded the HE and armor piercing rounds specifically designed to destroy or at the very least damage the Interceptor.

Alternate Route to SEELE weapons factory: Frankfurt, Germany

Shinji began to grin as soon as he saw what he achieved through the high-resolution imaging system of the Interceptor. Shinji's grin widened when he turned on the lights and stepped on the accelerator, making the interceptor lurch as it left a trail of smoke.

"Let's see what you have in store for me."

SEELE weapons factory gun towers: Frankfurt, Germany

As the soldiers were about to switch their secondary ammo to the explosive rounds, a pair of headlight blinded them. Then they heard the familiar sound of the roaring engines of the Unit-01 Interceptor.

"It's him! Fire!" The commander screamed as he emptied the first magazine of his gun.

The Interceptor's armor only deflected the bullets as they came in contact with it. As Shinji pressed a switch in the advanced joystick-like controls of the Interceptor, two pairs of retractable gattling cannons appeared from the side skirts. As soon as the targeting reticule was locked-on to the soldiers, he pulled the trigger.

The two gattling cannons fired a spray of bullets towards the soldiers as the barrel began to revolve faster and faster, making it almost a blur. Shinji fired another round bullets towards the explosive barrels surrounding the gun towers and the gates, causing them to burst into flames and destroy the gun towers and gates altogether.

"Well. That was easy…"

What words that he was about to say was cut short when several road lord MkIIs suddenly appeared out of nowhere with their hydraulic rams activated.

"Looks Like I spoke too soon. Okay Leoni, let's go!"

The Interceptor sped faster as the first group of road lords began to fire their missile at him. Several missiles exploded near the tailgate, causing no scratch but it caused the Interceptor to skid a little bit. As Shinji saw the next left turn, he activated the oil slicks. As soon as the oil slicks were deployed, he watched in irritation as he saw the tires of the Road Lords were suddenly coated by chain-like groves that allow the Road Lords to counter the threat of the oil slicks.

"Damn. Time for plan b!"

The space between the two rear headlights opened horizontally as two nozzles appeared out of it. After a few minutes after activation, two large flames suddenly shot out from the flamethrower's nozzles, making contact with the Road Lords and causing them to explode. Several more Road Lords rammed the burning wreckage off to the side of the road as they continued their pursuit after the intruder.

Shinji made a sharp left as he tried to shake off his pursuers. The Road Lords were persistent, so persistent in fact that some of them has already reached the Interceptor and has began to ram it, causing it to lurch forward a little. Shinji opened a comm. to Leoni.

"Leoni, could you please indicate where the R&D lab and the main generators are?"

"The R&D labs are about a kilometer away from your position while the main generators are directly behind it. Exercise extreme caution. I have detected an energy reading that matches the Interceptor. MAGI uplink has concluded that it may be a prototype interceptor or anti-interceptor. " Leoni replied in a monotone voice.

"Alright thanks, Leoni." Shinji said.

Shinji sped even faster as several explosions ripped through the buildings near his car. Shinji activated his dual astral rail gun as he made a 180-degree turn and continued on reverse. As soon as he achieved multiple lock-ons, he fired 9 shots of the rail gun, all of them finding their marks. The Road Lords exploded into a ball of flames, leaving the roads littered with debris.

Shinji made a hard right and then left as he neared the research and development labs. As soon as he got near, he saw three large fuel tanks at the three sides of the R&D labs. The R&D labs looked like a pyramid with a fuel tank on each end. As he got closer to them, he squeezed a spray of bullets towards the tanks, causing them to explode.

The base foundations of the 3-sided pyramid began to go down as the explosions ripped through the building. Several more explosions emanating from inside the pyramid rocked the facility, causing some of the walls to give way. After a few more minutes, Shinji saw the whole facility to topple and became the burning remains of what was once called the most sophisticated SEELE research and development facility SEELE ever had.

Secret SEELE weapons factory garage: Frankfurt, Germany

A darkened garage suddenly lit up when a silver car that looked much like the interceptor except for the SEELE coat-of-arms on its right and left door. The SEELE W.F. commander opened the door and got inside. As soon as he closed the door, the advanced control system of the anti-interceptor lit up. The commander flicked a few switches, making some of the displays read "WEAPON SYSTEMS ONLINE." The commander smirked.

"Let's see what you've got Agent Ikari."

The anti-interceptor rumbled out of its garage as the door of the garage closed behind it…

SEELE weapons factory: en route to generators: Frankfurt, Germany

Shinji smirked as he saw the facility go down in flames. As soon as he got to the generators, he saw another car that looked exactly like his. The other `interceptor' turned on its headlight and advanced towards him.

"Leoni, what is that? Is it an ally or an enemy?"

"That is a sigma class anti-interceptor, the newest type of anti-interceptors from SEELE. It is an enemy. Exercise extreme caution. It has the same advanced weaponry you have."

As soon as Leoni finished talking, the opposing anti-interceptor charged at him with guns blazing. Although some of the bullets flew harmlessly by, some of them found their target, creating holes in the Interceptor's otherwise sleek exterior. Shinji fired a volley of rockets at the anti-interceptor, hoping to destroy or at least damage the anti-interceptor. He was dead wrong.

The anti-interceptor seemed to come out unscratched as it renewed its assault once again on its opponent. As Shinji was about to do the same, Shinji received a link from the opposing vehicle.

"You're the commander of this facility, aren't you?" asked Shinji as he fired off his rockets.

"Yes. And I will not give up until you are eliminated." Replied the stoic commander as he managed to dodge all of Shinji's rocket attack.

No conversations were continued as Shinji continued the fight to the generators. When Shinji fired off a spray of bullets towards opposing foe, hoping to God that at least some will get through. Fortunately, for Shinji, the armor-piercing bullets ripped through the armor and caused some damage to the anti-interceptor. Shinji opened a link to Leoni.

"Leoni, any suggestions?"

The A.I. answered almost immediately.

"You can utilize the cataclysmic explosions those generators will cause. It may not destroy the Anti-interceptor but it would damage it severely."

"Alright. Will, do Leoni." Shinji replied as he lured the anti-interceptor nearer to the power generators. Fortunately, the commander followed him oblivious to the danger he had placed himself in.

As soon as the anti-interceptor was close enough. He fired his gattling cannons towards the first generator. The resulting explosions made the commander confused as one by one the other generators went up in flames. The sheer magnitude of the explosion destroyed the armor of the anti-interceptor, causing it to transform into its SEV mode.

Shinji took this opportunity as he fired off volley after volley of his rockets and missiles, causing a huge explosion on the place the anti-interceptor was.

Shinji began to smirk as he saw the results of his handiwork but his smirk disappeared as he saw the anti-interceptor heading towards him with its laser cannons.

Shinji put the gear in reverse as he charged his astral rail gun. His ammo count read that he had only one shot. `Please, make this shot count!' Shinji thought as the laser cannon fire was pummeling him, causing the silver exterior of the Interceptor to blacken quite considerably.

Finally, after what seems to be eternity, he saw that the green bar has been filled and his rail gun was ready. He waited for the targeting reticule to lock-on to his opponent. Not a moment later, he squeezed the trigger, firing the last round of his all-powerful rail gun.

Shinji thought that the rail gun failed when he saw the round being stopped by a force field. But that disappointment became joy when the last round penetrated the shield, coming into contact with the anti-interceptor and causing it to explode into a burning carcass.

Shinji abruptly made a 180-degree turn and sped towards the front gate. As soon as he was out of the gate, he saw a group of enforcers coming in after him. He opened a link to unit Omega.

"Unit Omega, this Agent Ikari. Do you copy, over." Shinji said over the link.

"This is Unit Omega. We copy you. Is the mission a success." Replied the pilot of the Rapier class weapons aircraft.

"Yes. Pick me up now. Enforcers are chasing me and I can't hold on much longer. I'm low on ammo." Said Shinji as he dodged another hail of bullets coming in from the enforcers.

"Will do."

After a few minutes, Shinji saw the large shadow of the aircraft as it passed over him. The Rapier-class weapons aircraft opened its ramp as it flew landed while it was still moving. Shinji stepped on the accelerator as he tried to get on the weapons aircraft. After a few failed attempts, he finally got inside the plane.

Even if the ram was being closed. Shinji could still the bullets hitting the back of the aircraft. The Rapier-class suddenly accelerated and lifted off, leaving its pursuers as it turned right and was now headed back to the IES headquarters.

There was a smile on Shinji's face when he muttered "I'm going home." Unfortunately, the story is just beginning…

End Chapter 7

Author's notes: Well, I've finished chapter 7. I'm sorry for being such a lazy bastard, but I am going to try to update soon. I've been encountering some form of writer's block. I hope you can bear with me.

.