Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Eva:X ❯ The Threat ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
EVA:X Part 1 The Threat
By KamiBara
---------------------------------------
"Oi, Shinji pass me that curry!" Misato looked over at Shinji who had a melancholy look upon his face. Misato stared at him while drinking her beer. "Shinji. Youhu. ::whistle:: Shinji wake up." I don't get what's wrong with this kid. He's been piloting the Eva for a month now. His synco rate is being surpassed quickly. What is it now? Ikari can't you see your own son is dying? Can't you see his life being drained every time you ignore him?
"What is my purpose?" Shinji said glancing up from his Insta-Curry while passing over the remains of the meal to Misato.
Misato looked over the boy. He had changed much over the course of his month with NERV. He had made friends with a boy named Suzahara, and Kensuke. He had even become closer with Rei. Of course he was also fueding with Asuka at times. How he had changed and now he was asking about his purpose. Maybe he should ask Gendo Ikari about that. She sighed and smiled. She took a swig of her beer before saying, "Your purpose is to defeat Angels and prevent Third Impact. Simple. All in days work for an Eva pilot."
"Sure. All in a days work for an Eva pilot." He quoted before getting up. "I'm going out for a while." His eyes turned cold and emotionless as he put on his shoes and jacket while waling out the door.
"Don't be out long!" she flinched as the door slamed shut. "Ungrateful. I prepare a good meal and he doesn't finsih it." She shook her head and began eating the rest of her meal and Shinji's.
****
Shinji walked past the lone streetlight. He kept is face down and hidden from the rest of the world.
"Hey 3rd Child!" yelled a voice luming in the shadows ebyond the streetlight. Shinji stopped walking but kept is face down.
"What do you want?" A figure emerged from the darkness into the light. It was a female. She looked as if she was in her twenties. She was wearing a red skirt and shirt, black leather boots, and a leather jacket. And to top it off she was wearing dark sunglasses. She must be hiding from the world too, Shinji thought.
"Don't pilot the Eva again. I don't think you want your friends to hurt. Am I right?" She laughed and nodded.
"Who-" Shinji felt something hit him and the world went black...
****
"Dumbkoft! You almost got youself killed!" said the overly loud German. Shinji painfully opened up his eyes.
"I'm sorry," Shinji apoligized. Clutching his pounding head he sat up and looked around. Central Hospital, NERV. What joy. My head! Shinji looked out the veiwing window of the room. Gendo Ikari stood there. He nodded towards Shinji than left. Asuka, Misato, Rei, and Ritsuko were postioned around Shinji's hospital bed.
"What happend out there, Shinji?" Ritsuko asked with a reassuring smile.
"Shinji over here got hit the head thats what happen. Dumbkoft! Of all things." Asuka looked disappovingly at Shinji.
"Asuka," Rei said her voice was as usual a whisper. Asuka hmpfted then left the room.
He said in a low voice, "I am truly sorry if I worried you all." He looked down at his hands which were holding the hospital blanket closer to his body.
"Shinji don't be sorry. We're just happy your okay!" Misato gave one of her "don't worry be happy" smiles.
Ritsuko put a hand on Shinji's shoulder. "Yes Shinji. There wasn't much damage.You'll probably just have a headache. We'll give you some painkillers. But Shinji what did happen?"
He thought back to what the woman said." I don't remember. What ever hit me hit me hard. I'm sorry."