Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Evangelion meets Robotech ❯ Chapter 15

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Neon Genesis Evangelion meets Robotech: Fifteen

 

The sudden whooping of alarms caused both women to jerk apart, the second lingering kiss rudely interrupted. Rei cursed softly but inventively, the blue haired girl's red eyes narrowing angrily as she muttered, "I don't believe this."

 

"I didn't know you even knew that sort of language," Asuka said gently, the two women sitting closely on her living room couch. The lights were dimmed in the suite, a soft piece of instrumental music playing in the background.

 

"Sorry," Rei blushed, "do you think we need to report in?"

 

Asuka reached out to put a steadying hand on Rei's arm, "Actually, Commander Ritsuko herself insisted that we get tonight off."

 

"Good," Rei took the lead and bent forward to gently press her lips to Asuka's once again. They lingered a moment, savoring the kiss, then slid apart a bit breathlessly.

 

"You're good at that," Asuka sighed happily, only then realizing that she had slipped her arms around the smaller woman.

 

"Natural skill," Rei purred as she snuggled closer, "and a very vivid imagination."

 

"And what else did you imagine?" Asuka looked down at her curiously, her own dark eyes twinkling with amusement.

 

"I think that showing you them on the couch would get a bit uncomfortable," Rei said, her breath soft against the base of Asuka's throat.

 

Asuka gently pulled them up off of the couch, standing there holding Rei's hands. She gently tugged her towards the bedroom, "Last chance to back out."

 

Rei smoothly walked along beside her as she smiled up at Asuka, "Considering how long I've wanted to do this...."

 

"Then let's not wait any longer," Asuka led her into the bedroom, then firmly closing the door behind them.

 

<><><><><><><><> <><>

 

"I just hope that Rei and Asuka are having a better time than we are," Shinji sighed, the brown haired young man sitting up against the side of the chamber they were trapped in.

 

"They're probably making out right now," Minmei offered, the black haired young woman huddling close to Shinji's side for added warmth.

 

"Minmei," Shinji scolded, his cheeks reddening. 'How could she know that.' he wondered, 'unless she and Asuka...?'

 

"No, we didn't," Minmei seemed to read his thoughts.

 

"Make out?" Miriya asked, the green haired young lady sitting on Shinji's other side. It felt strange, being this close to a male, it made her stomach hurt oddly.

 

"You don't know...?" Shinji looked at her in confusion.

 

"No," Miriya shook her head.

 

"Ah, Minmei?" Shinji looked over at her desperately, hoping that she could explain the delicate subject to Miriya.

 

Minmei chuckled softly. "When two people go out on a date together they do things like kiss and touch," she explained, "and we sometimes call that making out."

 

"I'm sorry," Miriya sighed, "but what is... kiss?"

 

Deciding that a visual demonstration might be better than a complex explanation Minmei moved to gently press her lips to the startled Shinji, kissing the young man lingeringly. For a few moments they were lost to the sensations, only separating reluctantly.

 

"What...?" Shinji blinked in surprise as he saw the other woman.

 

Quite involuntarily Miriya had scooted as far away from the kissing couple as she could manage, the sight having a unexpected effect on her. Heart racing, soaked with sweat she almost felt like she was going to be physically ill. 'Is this some mysterious weapon?' Miriya thought wildly.

 

"Are you all right?" Minmei asked worriedly.

 

"I'm sorry," Miriya answered as she did her best to recover her poise, trying not to show how badly she had just been shaken.

 

"Might be some kind of trauma associated with your memory loss," Minmei said sympathetically, "we didn't know...."

 

"I guess so," Miriya smiled weakly even as she noticed the shrewd glance Shinji was giving her. 'Does he remember our earlier meeting?' she worried, 'He did see my face then.'

 

There was a sudden rumble and they felt the walls shift slightly. Gradually segments of the great ship began to move, smoothly sliding back into their customary places as the vessel shifted from battle-mode to it's cruiser form. Finally they stood in the street where they started out in, back when the alarms made them run for shelter in the first place.

 

"About time," Shinji puffed out a relieved breath.

 

"You sure know how to show a girl a good time," Minmei grinned at him, then she looked over at Miriya. "Are you up for more," she asked, "or do you want to call it quits for the night?"

 

'I've already learned secrets of this battleship and kissing tonight,' Miriya thought to herself, 'who knows what else I might learn?' Taking a deep breath she tried to smile like Minmei had, "Yes, I would like to continue on."

 

"So where to next?" Shinji asked them, his T-shirt highlighting the thin young man's muscles. His coat was still draped around Minmei's shoulders and by the contented look on her face she had no intention of returning it just yet.

 

"There's always the movies or an arcade," Minmei offered.

 

"Movies," Shinji suggested cheerfully, "I usually can't find anyone who can give me a challenge at the arcade, anyway."

 

'I would give you a challenge, fool,' Miriya thought but firmly kept her mouth shut.

 

"Maybe that martial arts film is still showing, my cousin Kyle is in it," Minmei looked sad as she added softly, "I wish I could see him again."

 

Miriya looked over at Minmei sympathetically, remembering fellow warriors and friends who had been lost to time, distance or battle. "I'm sorry," she offered gently.

 

"At least he's still alive," Shinji said, his expression grave, "there's a lot of people on this ship who've lost family or friends to the war."

 

'I hadn't considered,' Miriya realized. She had been trained to see the enemy much like themselves, manufactured warriors serving faceless masters. But more and more she was beginning to see these micronians as something... more.

 

"Enough seriousness," Minmei laughed, "have you heard about the Miss Macross contest the city is holding?"

 

"You're entering, of course," Shinji grinned as they walked along together.

 

"A contest?" Miriya asked.

 

"Yes," Minmei grinned, "it's a beauty contest with a talent portion, too." She looked thoughtful, "I haven't decided what to sing yet, though."

 

'This could be interesting,' Miriya thought.

 

"Here we are," Shinji said as they reached the theater. He paid their way in, wincing slightly as Minmei loaded up at the snack bar.

 

"Yum," Minmei munched on popcorn, passing some over for Miriya to try.

 

'Is this some kind of combat record?' Miriya wondered as the figures leapt about on the screen, kicking and punching away at each other with abandon. 'I think I'm impressed,' she crunched on some more popcorn happily.

 

To be continued....