Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Evangelion meets Robotech ❯ Chapter 24

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Evangelion meets Robotech

“Exedore,” Breetai said as the giant Zentradi lounged in his command chair, “I hope you have good news. Dolza grows impatient.”

The smaller, deformed Zentradi bowed to him respectfully. “Indeed Lord Breetai,” Exedore answered, “I believe that we have successfully cracked the language barrier between us and the Micronians.”

Breetai stood, smiling slightly. “Good,” he said, “maybe we can begin to anticipate our enemy’s moves.”

“We are still trying to understand all of their odd behaviors,” Exedore cautioned, “but studying their broadcasts we have assembled a partial report.”

“Hmm.” Breetai nodded.

Activating a monitor Exedore began, “Zor’s ship crashed to their planet’s surface decades ago, ending a period of global warfare. They turned from destroying one another to rebuilding the vessel as well as preparing for the arrival of someone like us.”

“Those transformable fighting craft,” Breetai realized, “they were intended to let the Micronians match us in size and power.”

“Indeed,” Exedore agreed. He brought up another image of the SDF-1, “They call this the Super Dimensional Fortress, I believe in reference to the Fold ability, and the number indicates their hope of building more,” he said.

“They can’t... can they?” Breetai asked with some concern.

“I don’t know,” Exedore admitted, “we Zentradi would not have been able to attempt a repair of Zor’s ship... they clearly have. They have also apparently either altered the design or unlocked capabilities within it that we were unaware of.”

“High Command, and especially Dolza, must not learn of this,” Breetai rumbled after a moment. “If they believe these Micronians to be capable of that he will burn their world clean as a threat to our kind... and the Masters.”
“I won’t be passing the report on,” Exedore agreed. He activated a viewscreen, “We’ve also stumbled across a disturbing image.”

“Two Micronians, and one has longer hair and,” Breetai frowned upon taking a closer look, “chest deformation?”

“They call that one a female,” Exedore said, “now, watch this.”

Pressing a button Exedore cued the image to start, and a oddly disturbing sound filled the chamber as the two beings on the screen moved closer together. “What is that horrid sound?” Breetai demanded irritably.

“I believe they call it music, sir,” Exedore explained.

The two stood remarkably close, the deformed one looking up at the taller Micronian. Then they pressed even closer, the tall one brought his face close to the other then shockingly their lips were smushed together forcefully.

“Eugggh!” Breetai almost leapt out of his chair in revulsion, only his steely self control keeping him in his seat.

“Yes, my technitians reacted the same way,” Exedore noted as he watched his leader fighting not to be ill.

“What are they DOING?” Breetai choked out.

“It’s something called kissing, according to the data I accessed,” Exedore said as he shut the images down.

“It’s a devestating psycological weapon,” Breetai muttered, forcibly getting his reactions under control once more.

Exedore nodded, “Strangely, according to the documentation the Micronians seem to find such activities pleasurable.”

“Really,” Breetai looked skeptical.
“There’s an entire data stream on the SDF-1 devoted to such things,” Exedore checked his notes, “a 4chan, I believe.”

“We really are very different,” Breetai admitted, gazing at the image of Zor’s ship. ‘What are you planning?’ he mused, ‘What is going through your mind, my worthy foe?’

“It’s beer time,” Captain Misato Katsuragi cheered, getting up from the center seat with a bounce to her step.

“You’re not setting a good example, Misato,” Commander Ritsuko Akagi said as the dyed blonde sat in the captain’s seat.

“Oh really?” Misato leaned forward as the black haired woman said, “You’re not really one to talk, Rits-chan.”

“Oh?” Ritsuko raised a eyebrow.

“Another noise complaint from officer’s quarters,” a smirk grew as Misato continued, “a certain pair of women being too loud. Ring any bells?”

Ritsuko fought down a blush. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Sure,” Misato patted her on the shoulder and slipped out the hatch with a laugh.

“I guess we’ll need to see if we can get better soundproofing in our suite,” Maya blushed, taking a break from pageant rehersals to be on the bridge.

“Oh yeah,” Ritsuko agreed with a sigh.

Misato fought back a impish smile as she headed for the elevator. She had been saving that little zinger for just the right moment, and today was it. ‘That felt good,’ she thought as she hit the call button.

“Ma’am,” Valerie Moreau nodded respectfully amid the small group of non-coms she was escorting with her usual skill.

“Any problems with the new batch?” Misato asked conversationally as they descended.

“No, ma’am,” Val smiled.

“Good to know,” Misato smiled as they fell. A few moments later she got off, pretending not to notice the relieved sighs of several of the younger people. ‘Sometimes being captain is a bitch,’ she sighed as she walked to her suite.

The smell of cooking food wafted by as Misato opened the door and she smiled as she swiftly followed the scent to the kitchen. “Welcome home,” Kaji smiled from where he was making them stir fry.

“This makes a iffy day just perfect,” Misato grinned as she kissed him. “When did you get back aboard?” she asked.

“Snuck on for a visit on a MP chopter,” Kaji admitted. “Dinner will be ready in a bit and a beer’s on the table.”

“Sucking up like this won’t make up for you being a jerk earlier,” Misato warned as she went for her beer.

“I think what I have in mind for desert will, tho,” Kaji said as he stirred dinner.

To be continued....