Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Evangelion meets Robotech ❯ Chapter 27

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Evangelion meets Robotech

On board the ships of Breetai’s fleet, something began to change. The soldiers monitoring the SDF-1 heard the strange thing Micronians called music, and were moved by it. Carefully, secretly, they copied the recordings to show to others, who then passed them on as well. Unseen and silently like a disease, it spread throughout the ships.... with a few notable exceptions.

“What is this?” Quamzin demanded, the slim Zentradi looking violently ill as he shut down the recording device he had taken from a officer under his command.

“It’s something Micronians call music,” the grovelling man managed.

“Fool,” Quamzin easily crushed the recording in his hand, “it’s clearly a weapon, designed to weaken us.”

“But...” he started.

Smoothly drawing his pistol Quamzin aimed and fired with cold relentlessness, sending the warrior crashing to the floor and splattering blood on the bulkhead. Putting his pistol away he coldly called out, “Someone clean that up.”

As his soldiers rushed in to clean up the mess Quamzin stalked back to the captain’s chair even as Breetai dronned on in the background. “As of now,” the silver helmed firgure said gravely, “all communications with the main fleet are forbidden, until we more fully understand the effects of this Micronian music.”

“So,” Quamzin wondered aloud, “do you think it’s a weapon too?”

“I don’t know,” Breetai acknowledged, “but it clearly has done something to the officers who were exposed to it.”

“So what steps can we take to preserve our crews?” another captain asked over the communications link, Quamzin’s eyes landing a moment on the bloody smear that marked his own fallen officer.

“Contain them away from other soldiers for now,” Breetai ordered.

‘Fool,’ Quamzin mused, ‘your ship will be contaminated before you know it. Harsh action is required to stop this.’

“Also, do not listen to the music yourself,” Breetai added, “it might dangerously change your ability to reason in combat.”

‘Really?’ Quamzin felt amused, ‘I wonder if the effect is as strong as chewing leaves from Protoculture? I may have to try it.’
“And what of our infiltrator?” Azonia asked, the commander of the Angel Brigade looking on dangerously.

Breetai looked grim, “Depending on the degree of her contamination to music, we may have to abandon her.”

‘Oooh, Azonia doesn’t like hearing that,’ Quamzin mused, smiling to himself slightly. Personally, he was glad that any of the arrogant angels might be gone, but the rest of the fleet might disagree.

Azonia hammered her hand onto her desk as she said angrilly, “That is not acceptable, Lord Breetai.”

“We may not have a choice,” Breetai replied. He hesitated a moment, “All our attempts to communicate with her have failed.”

‘I wonder if dear Miriya was killed aboard Zor’s ship?’ Quamzin mused, ‘Or maybe the music has driven her mad. It would be so amusing if that were so...’

“Request permision to lead an assault into Zor’s ship,” Azonia said seriously, “we will retrieve Miriya and discover the secrets of the ship.”

‘Or die trying,’ Quamzin thought, smiling.

“Denied,” Breetai shook his head, “the secrets of that vessel are too important to us all to lose them in a brute force attack. Why do you think I haven’t committed our forces to a overwhelming assault before now?”

‘And to think, I merely thought you lacked will,’ Quamzin silently mocked him. Omce the meeting was over Quamzin switched his screen to an outside view, gazing at Zor’s ship as it floated just beyond the blue green planet’s atmosphere.

The launch of the vessel had been quite impressive, the massive ship rising up and away from the Micronian’s home and sweeping through the clouds into the clean void of space. Now it waited, mocking their ambitions as it lumbered around the planet in a low orbit.

“So,” Quamzin mused to himself aloud, “you are the ones who killed my comrade, Khyron.” Honestly, Quamzin would have thought the backstabber to be unkillable, but somehow the pilots of the humans had done it, reducing his officers pod to wreckage. “We will meet,” he murmured, “and I will see you pay for it.”

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

“Ah-choo!” Rei Ayanami sneezed suddenly, then the red eyed young woman blinked a few times in confusion.

“Are you all right?” Asuka Langley asked, the redhead reaching out to brush Rei’s light blue hair from her eyes.

“Something suddenly made me sneeze,” Rei looked sheepish as she stretched out beside Asuka in the bed. She smiled as Asuka cupped her chin, kissing her, “Aren’t you affraid of catching something?”

ASuka chuckled as she cuddled close to the smaller, naked woman. “By now, I’m pretty sure we’re sharing anything we may have,” she noted impishly.

Rei blushed, “Asuka.”

Chuckling quietly Asuka rolled over on her back, holding Rei close. “In fact, I was going to suggest....” Asuka trailed off.

“Yes?” Rei looked up at Asuka questioningly.

Asuka actually looked a bit nervous as she asked, “What would you think of moving in together? We could use my room or yours....”

Rei surprised her by nearly crawling up Asuka to kiss her feverdly.

“You approve?” Asuka asked once Rei let her go.

“Oh yes,” Rei beamed. Blushing a bit she admitted, “I was going to ask you that, once I got up my nerve.”

Asuka hugged her, chuckling, “I’ve been thinking of asking for a while, too.” She paused, “Now for the hard part.”

“Eh?” Rei looked at her curiously.

“Who’s quarters do we move into?” Asuka asked mildly.

There was a moment of dead silence then Rei admitted, “I hadn’t thought of that.”

“My rooms are pretty cluttered,” Asuka admitted, looking around at the disaster area they were lying in, with clothes laying about, paperwork dumped on the desk and items hanging off random pieces of furniture.

Rei nodded reluctantly, “I like your rooms, but you do have a lot of stuff.” She frowned, “I don’t have so much, but....”

“Your room’s tiny,” Asuka sighed. She looked curiously at Rei, “How come you never got your room upgraded when you were promoted?”

“Never saw the point,” Rei shrugged.

“Well, my suit’s closer to the flight deck....” Asuka mused.

Rei chuckled, “But mine’s closer to Macross city.”

“Point,” Asuka conceded.

“Why not request a new room?” Rei suggested after a moment. She smiled slightly, “We can request a larger one, too.”

“Why didn’t I think of that?” Asuka chuckled softly.

Rei sighed as she cuddled close, “I never fell in love with you for your brains.”

Asuka groaned, “Oooh, mean.”

Just then, they heard the sound of knocking on the door. “Oh no,” Rei sighed.

“GO AWAY,” Asuka bellowed, but the knocking continued.

“You’d better answer it,” Rei sighed, “it could be important.”

“It better be,” Asuka scowled as she got up out of bed, hunting around for a robe to cover up her nakedness.

“Nice butt,” Rei teased as Asuka bent over to pick up the robe’s belt.

“Perv,” Asuka chuckled fondly. With a fierce look she strode to the door, swinging it open as she demanded. “What is it?!”

Makoto Hyuga stepped back, the slightly nerdy older officer going pale. “Ah, hello ma’am...” he started nervously.

“Get on with it,” Asuka growled.

Looking over Asuka’s shoulder he saw Rei laying in bed and Makoto realized exactly what he’d interrupted. Blushing he stammered, “I’m terribly sorry!”

Asuka cracked her knuckles, “This had better be good.”

“Your friend Miriya,” Makoto blurted out nervously, “is in the brig. I was requested to come get you.”

“Minmei’s girlfriend?” Rei looked curious as she wrapped a sheet around her and joined them, “Why doesn’t Minmei just bail her out?”

“Because Minmei’s in lock up with her,” Makoto explained.

“Oy,” Asuka sighed.

To be continued....

Note: Quamzin is the Japanese name for Khyron. Having foolishly killed Khyron off earlier, I needed a similar character, so I’m using his original version, sorta. *lol*