Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Evangelion: the next generation ❯ Genesis 1:2 The Return/Reunion ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Evangelion:
The next Generation
By
Captain Blaze


Genesis 1:2
The Return/Reunion

The next day Shinji awoke to the screaming match going on in the main room of their large suite. He could hear Asuka's voice most prominent. Misato's every now and again, trying to calm Asuka down. The counselor's voice was also present. "So this was all not a dream I really am in the 24th century after all." Shinji sighed sadly. After several long minutes of half listening to the rants of the red head Shinji finally made himself known by exiting his room.

"Good morning Shinji." welcomed Troi pleasantly smiling at the young child, whom in response just nodded.

"What's all the yelling about?" Asked a very confused Shinji sitting down to the replicated breakfast set up at the table where Asuka, Misato, counselor Troi, and Rei sat.

"Idiot." Muttered Asuka.

"What I came here for was to deliver just some therapy sessions I have set up for you all with me. And some basic classes you all will need to take in order to get along here in the 24th century. Once we transport to earth you will be given more in depth learning." Deanna explained.

"I DON'T NEED A PSYCHOLOGIST!!!! I am not crazy." Yelled Asuka.

"Asuka settle down she didn't say you where but maybe it would be a good idea. You have been through a lot." Misato stated.

"Asuka I know your not crazy but every now and again it does some good to talk to some one. Every one on this ship has talked to me at one point. Even Commander Data comes to see me once and a while and he's an android. All I am asking is for you to give it a shot, it can't hurt." Assured Deanna.

Shinji looked down at the PADD that had their schedule for the next few days while they were on the enterprise. For the most part of the day they were going to be very busy mostly with classes but each had a two-hour therapy session scheduled with Deanna. Shinji didn't care though nothing really matters to him now. Weather it was the 21st century or the 24th his purpose was the same, to pilot Eva and to suffer.

Deanna, who had been in a cheerful mood all morning now frowned. Sensing the strong emotion now emanating from the young Ikari. (So much sadness in this kids life what the hell has he gone through to make him this melancholy? All of them, I hope I can do something for them.) "So who wants a tour of the ship before your morning class?" Deanna asked trying to gain back her cheerful demeanor. No one though seemed too eager to show the same. This is going to be much more difficult than she originally thought.

Back on earth deep with in the geo-front under Tokyo Gendo Ikari and Kozuo Futiskie ponder over the recent turn of events in Ikari's office over a game of 3 dimensional chess. "This is not good the first angel Douma has attacked sooner than anticipated. What does this mean Ikari?" The subcommander asked moving his game piece.

Ikari, whom was in his favorite position, hands folded in front of his faced looking down at one of two PADD's sitting on his desk. One being a report Picard had filed with star fleet about the attack. On the other PADD were rules on how to play 3 dimensional chess; acting nonchalantly Ikari would look at it before making a move "Nothing and every thing. It means that like the original angels they are just as unpredictable. As for the schedule unlike before it is flexible." Ikari said with no hint of emotion in his voice. He moved his piece taking one of Futiskie's.

The subcommander sighed and moved another one of his pieces taking Ikari's which caused the commander to clench his jaw. "And what of this Q creature? Is it of any concern? It neutralized the angel's AT field allowing the Enterprise's security chief to beat the angel almost bare handed." He said.

Ikari's gazed shifted slightly to the rules and a small smile formed on his face. "It is of no concern. According to what I've read it likes to play with humanity and not get directly involved in it." He said moving his piece "Check mate" he said.

"Actually that move is illegal Ikari." The subcommander pointed out to which Gendo looked down at the rules and muttered curse under his breath. He then moved his piece back and moved another. Kozo just smiled moving a rook and said, "Check mate." Had he had better hearing he might have heard the commander mutter another small curse.

While waiting for her next appointment Counselor Troi worked on her log.

Counselor Troi personal log stardate 2264.13

I started schooling Misato and the children in the intricacies of the 24th century today. They seemed to be coping well. The therapy sessions have been going good so far. Asuka was first on my list this morning it went fairly well. After I was able to get past her harsh attitude she had a total break down. I was surprised to find out about her mother those memories where very hard for her to bring up but unfortunately it has to be done. The sooner she can come to terms with them the sooner we can begin to cope with them. Which she is now on the right track to doing. Rei my second appointment of the day, well she's a different story. She is very withdrawn and can seem to be unemotional she still has emotions I can sense them. It's just that she is unaware of them. She just needs to be around people more unfortunately finding some one who can help her is the problem. Data is even a bit discouraged when talking to her. I'll just have to work with her some more. And Misato my third appointment as while she isn't in as bad of condition mentally as the children she still has some issues. My originally assessment was correct she needs some good friends right now. Which I had no problem with I had lunch with her today she is a rather interesting woman I rather enjoy her company. As for Shinji I have him scheduled for a session in five minutes. I hope this goes as well as the others have. End log entry.

Shinji slowly made his way to Counselor Troi's office he was in no hurry after all there was nothing she could do for him that NERV counselors couldn't. He stood out side her office for a minute trying to decide if he wanted to go through with it, finally he worked up the courage to signal his arrival. The door opened and Deanna greeted him with a smile and motioned for him to come in and have a seat on the couch. Shinji sat down on the couch as she took a seat in the chair. Shinji declined her offers of a drink wanting to get this over with as soon as possible. Deanna frowned and concentrated her empathic abilities on him and began. "Now Shinji first off any thing you tell me will be kept between me and you no one not even the Captain will know about it." Deanna stated getting only a small nod from the boy. "So Shinji is there any thing you want to share with me? Family issues?" She asked looking for an emotional response from him, to which she was rewarded. She got a lot of mixed emotions from him when she said family. "Tell me about your father Shinji. How well do you two get along? And your mother." She told him sensing a lot of hatred coming from him when she asked about his father, and sadness when she asked about his mother.

Shinji for his part was quiet at first not wanting to really discuses these things but Deanna kept digging and he relented. "II hate my father. All he has done is used me, hurt me, all for his own ends. He's a bastard he killed Touji using my hands. He then made me kill the only person who ever said they cared for me, the only person who loved me not for what I do but for who I am." Exclaimed Shinji as he started to cry. "I am the one" sob "that deserved to die not Kaworu, I was a coward. He was kind he deserved to live not me." Shinji said before totally breaking into tears.

"Shinji why did you have to kill him? Why did your father force you to kill Touji and Kaworu?" Deanna asked reluctantly.

"Because Kaworu was an angel, and Touji's Eva was taken over by an angel." Shinji sobbed. "Father kill Touji by activating the Dummy plug and I was force to" sob "forced to watch" sob "as my Eva tore the unit 03 apart and thenthen" Shinji paused letting loose a few more sobs.

"And then what Shinji?" Pressed Deanna.

"Then crushed the entry plugwith Touji inside." Said Shinji.

"And what about Kaworu?" Deanna asked carefully holding back her own tears. She felt very sorry for him. (He has to face these or he'll never get over them they'll just fester inside him till he snaps. Poor kid having to live through so much pain and suffering its in human.) Deanna thought.

"Kaworu was going to start third impact by merging with Adam. I had to stop him I was the only pilot. I was angry he betrayed me by being an angel. I followed him into the depths of NERV fighting unit 02 which was under his control finally I caught him before he could get to Adam." Shinji paused for a bit to regain some composure to finish "I had him in my Eva's hand ready to crush him. He told me that it was his destiny to live forever though his survival would have brought destruction to the human race. And that it was possible for him to be killed and that weather he lived or died it made no difference and that death was the only true freedom. It was his wish for me to destroy him other wise I would have been destroyed that only one life form could be chosen to evade destruction and seize the future. He said that I was not the existence that should die. He then told me that his life was meaningful because of me. I then crushed him. He should have survived. He was much better than I am. Kaworu should have survived not me. He deserved to live." Shinji said breaking down into tears once again "And now, now I have to get back in that monster and kill again. I can't do it I JUST CAN'T." Shinji screamed rushing out the door.

Deanna too was in tears now also. She tried to go after Shinji but by the time he was out the door he had disappeared. "Computer, locate Shinji Ikari." She ordered the computer. "Internal sensors have been taken offline as of 0900 hours today for maintenance" Stated the computer. Deanna sighed and went to look for him. After an hour of searching her self she turned to Worf for help. With in three hours half the ship had been looking for the young Ikari even the captain got involved in the search, still he was no where to be found.

Captain Picard had just finished searching the battle bridge in the unlikely event Shinji found his way there and was on his way back to the bridge, when a muffled sob from across the battle bridge caught his attention. Slowly Picard walk towards his ready room on the battle bridge and the sobbing got louder. Picard half thought to call Deanna in to tell her he found him, but Picard felt he should talk to him first. Picard sighed and walked in the first thing he noticed was the lack of lighting in the room; the second was the soft sobbing of the young boy coming from the furthest corner. "Lights." Picard ordered and on command the lights illuminated casting the darkness out of the room. Picard saw Shinji sitting with his knees to his chest with his arms wrapped around them. His head was downcast hiding his face he didn't even so much as acknowledge Picard's presence.

Picard walked over to the boy and looked down at him, "Listen, you'll get no sympathy from me like that. I realize that you have a tremendous amount of emotional pain now but that's still no excuse for running from Counselor Troi when she was only trying to help you. That's all we are trying to do is help and you push us away, hedgehog's dilemma be damned! My great aunt Louise once said that pushing away all others only brings more pain then being around others. So by pushing us away you are only causing your self more unnecessary pain." Picard said sitting down behind his desk "Have a seat." ordered Picard motioning for Shinji to have a seat across from him.

Shinji slowly got up and sat in the seat still keeping his face down and avoiding eye contact with the captain. Picard signed when he noticed that Shinji wasn't going to say any thing he got back up and walked to the replicator. "Would you like a drink?" Picard asked Shinji shook his head no. "Very well. Tea, Earl Gray hot." Picard ordered, a second later he pulled the cup from the replicator and sat back down at his desk.

"Why do you care so much? You don't even know me. And it cause even more pain than you can ever know to get close to some one, no matter who I get close to they end up hurt. First mother then father and then Touji, Asuka and Kaworu. And now I have no friends, no relatives, no one. I am more alone now then ever." Shinji said the tears welling up in his eyes.

"I am...not good at this I am not very comfortable with children, but you are not alone here. You still have the Major ahhh...Misato if I remember correctly and from what Counselor Troi has told me Asuka will get better. And I know for a fact you'll make new friends on earth. Perhaps some time you can meet my nephew Rene he is about your age. But for now let Deanna help you she is a very kind person, and she genuinely cares for others." Picard took a sip of his tea.

"And what about the angels? We are going to have to fight again won't we? It never ends, piloting Eva has only brought me pain..." Shinji said but Picard cut him off.

"You only look at the negative side of what's going on there are two sides to every thing! I am sure that a lot of good came from it to." Picard said firmly.

"I..." Shinji's shoulders slumped "...yes there has been." he said realizing the truth in Picard's words. "I am scared though, what will become of me after the angel attack this time? Will I be just cast aside to be an outsider in this new time? Or will I be accepted?" Shinji asked.

"Mr. Ikari I can't tell you what the future holds for you but I can say this you will not be cast aside like an outsider even if I have to make sure of it my self I will see to that it don't happen!" Picard said with conviction in his voice. "And its ok to be scared every one does its a natural reaction. I've been to..." Picard sighed, "About seven months back a very powerful and very hostile race attacked earth with the intent to assimilate it. They laid waste to 30 some star ships and killed many lives, by my hands. You see this species assimilates people, technology and so forth into them self's, growing and adapting to it. And that's what they did to me, they assimilated me into their collective they used my knowledge of star fleet tactics to lay waste to it. You see you are not the only one who has experienced loss and pain and has been scared, to this day when ever I hear the name Borg I get a chill down my spine. I still have..." Picard shakes his head and looks up from his desk to see now that Shinji was looking right at him. Picard gave Shinji a smile "Now will you talk to the good counselor?" Shinji nodded in agreement.

"Good. Picard to Counselor Troi." Picard said slapping his commbagde. "Troi here." "I have located the young Mr. Ikari in my ready room on the Battle Bridge. Please meet him at your office, Picard out."

"Now I trust you can find your way back right?" Picard said Shinji nodded "Good then I have things to attend to." Picard got out of his seat and walked to the door letting Shinji out first before exiting him self from there they both took different turbo lifts off the battle bridge.

Counselor Troi in her office finished packing the rest of items she consider necessary for the trip. While doing so she recorded her last personal log.

Counselor Troi personal log stardate 2270.2

Things after getting off on a rather shaky foot have started to go better. Asuka has made a few breakthroughs in her therapy. I've managed to get down to her core problem and now we are working on that although her attitude hasn't improved to much, to many years of acting that way have ingrained them self's into her personality. She does act a bit differently now she still has some hostility towards Rei and Shinji. She has learned quickly to watch out whom she smarts off to after a brief exchange of words with Mr. Worf the other day. Needless to say she'll NEVER smart off to a Klingon again. Misato's attitude has gotten a lot better she doesn't try and drink her self under the table any more and she is starting to be more sociable. As for Shinji, well whatever the captain said to him has worked better than any thing I have so far. Although he is still a major introvert he at least is excepting my help. He isn't as depressed any more which is good but his father and mother are still sore subjects with him. On a good note though it seems as though Shinji looks up to the captain as father figure of sorts. Now Rei is another thing all my attempts at therapy have failed with her, she is completely unresponsive to my counseling techniques. Its almost as though she was never meant to have emotions or be normal a normal girl. And what's worse is the report from Dr. Crusher only seems to prove that. According to her Rei is a clone certain anomalies in her DNA pattern show signs of mass cloning process. I am no genetic doctor but it maybe possible that she was designed to not have any human emotions. There are ways around this Beverly has begun treatment that should hopefully help. This will be my last log entry from the enterprise for a time we are being transferred tomorrow at 1100 hrs to earth where I will continue my treatment of the children and their guardian. End of log.

In the transporter room stood Captain Picard, 'Acting' Captain Riker, Counselor Troi, Doctor Crusher, Lieutenant Commander Data, Lieutenant Commander La Forge, and Lieutenant Worf. All of which stood on the pad except for Picard and Riker who both stood in front of the counsel. "Well number one the ship is yours now. Remember I want her back in one piece is that understood." Picard joked and smiled at his first officer. "Don't worry captain I'll take care of her like I'd take care of my own child." Riker shot back shaking Picard's hand then letting Picard step on to the pad. Riker walked behind the counsel to stand by the operator. "Energize." Ordered Picard and then they dissolved into thin air. "Bridge this is the Captain set course 58452 mark 4 by 45552 mark 2 and engage at warp 3." Riker said leaving the room "Aye sir." Replied the officer from the bridge. The Enterprise then took off in a flash for parts unknown.

Captain's log earth date 2271.12

We arrived in Tokyo as scheduled my key officers have been assigned housing close to Nerv HQ this is from what I was told was for our and every one else's safety. Although we could beam from any were on the planet to here Star Fleet wanted us in the immediate vicinity. We have been given a few days to get settled in before we start working. Save for me for I am to meet with Commander Ikari today. I have no clue what to expect from this man but from what I've heard from Guinen I' am a little apprehensive.

Down in NERV HQ captain Jean-luc Picard wonders the halls of the once and again last hope for humanity, lost. "Damn were is a computer access terminal when you need one." mutter Picard. Cautiously Picard got of the escalator looking for some one to help much to his relief he spotted a star fleet tech. He was a short man with fairly unruly brown hair, wearing the standard yellow uniform of a maintenance tech. "Excuse me Ensign..." Picard said to get his attention.

The ensign turned around to face the captain. "Aida sir Ensign Hirisho Aida. What can...Oh my god your captain Picard THE captain Picard. It is such an honor to meet you sir. My son Kensuke is a big fan of yours and I can't say that I blame him." Exclaimed the now exited ensign who had the captains hand in a vice like grip handshake.

Picard grimaced "Charmed Ensign but I am rather late for an appointment with Commander Ikari and I am sorry to say lost. So if you could tell me how to get to his office from here I would be much obliged." Stated the captain trying to remove his hand from the ensign's.

Aida frowned a bit but didn't let it get to him as he pointed out the directions to Ikari's office. "Its simple just go down that escalator take a left and go down the hall. It's the only office in that hallway. You can't miss it." explained Aida.

Picard nodded and went the direction he was instructed to go. Soon Picard found himself out side Commander Ikari's office. He had been asked to wait a few minutes while Ikari finished up a few things before he could talk to him. Picard sat in one of the chairs out side the commander's office thinking (I bet I know what he is doing. He is letting me sit out here to get me on edge to give him the upper hand. I should know I've done it too.) Picard smiled as he thought to him self (I have dealt with many alien races this should be a piece of cake. But if what Guinen said is true about him this could be very interesting.)

In Ikari's office he sat behind his desk watching the chronometer on his computer terminal. Subcommander Fuitskie stood impatiently at his side "How long are you going to keep Picard waiting?" he asked. To which Ikari smirked "A little bit longer by keeping him waiting it puts him on edge to have to wait. It will give me the upper hand." Fuitskie chuckled to him self "Psychological tactics. Smart." He replied. Five minutes passed by before Ikari decided to let his guest in.

Picard walked confidently in and centered himself on the desk finding himself looking at two individuals one standing one sitting. The former looked about Picard's age but with more hair. The latter looked a bit younger maybe in his forty's wearing glasses and a uniform similar to the one Q had worn during their previous encounter. He was sitting with his hands folded in front of his face counseling his mouth. "Commander Ikari I assume," Picard said addressing the man sitting at the desk then continued trying to be as diplomatic as possible "I am Captain Jean Luc Picard Captain of the USS Enterprise. Now assigned to Nerv as a star fleet liaison and operations overseer." Picard stated handing Ikari his orders "I've brought a crew of highly trained personal to assist with operations here." Ikari raised an eyebrow at the last comment and went back to the orders he had been given. Picard's face gave no sign of the agitation he was feeling now (All right if that's how your playing it.). "So Commander Ikari," emphasizing the commander "I would like to know what is it that has star fleet recalling half their fleet to earth. And why are those children you sent me so import" Ikari who was now looking right at the star fleet captain interrupted Picard.

"Lets cut to the chase shall we captain. I know you know more about what's going than your letting on about." Ikari exclaimed

"Your right I do. But what I know and how much depends on you Commander." Picard mused.

"Alright Picard, I know you know who I am already but to be formal I am Gendo Ikari Supreme Commander of Nerv. This," he said gesturing to the man on his side "is Subcommander Kozuo Fuitskie." Ikari replied.

(Now were getting somewhere.) Picard thought. "Nice to meet you Commander. Now I believe you should fill me in on what it is I need to know. And I'll tell what I already know." With that Picard took a seat and listened as Ikari filled him in on what was going on what had happened in 2015, well almost every thing. Some secrets were kept, on both sides. After the meeting Picard was taken on a short tour of the facilities just to get him somewhat use to the premises before Picard went back to his humble abode.

While that meeting was taking place the rest of Picard's crew were settling into their new accommodations. Geordie and Data shared an apartment, as did Crusher and Troi. Misato, Asuka and Rei were to share an apartment much like Misato's original one. The original arrangements where for Worf and Shinji to share a apartment but Worf was not to thrilled and after a lot of complaining, mostly done by Worf, Picard interjected and allowed the young Ikari to stay with him, although Shinji would have much rather stayed with Misato. Shinji wasn't the only one who wished that arrangement either but Counselor Troi insisted that it would be much more help to Shinji to stay with the captain.

Captain Picard returned to the apartment after his meeting he planned to relaxed for the rest of the evening with a good book. But he forgot about his new roommate who was in the process of cleaned the place as he walked in. What surprised Picard was the fact that Shinji had unpacked all of his belongings and placed them in his room. Picard had planned on doing that tomorrow but Shinji must have been bored, very bored. Picard found Shinji in the dinning area finishing up his cleaning spree. Picard cleared his throat "You know that as a star fleet Captain I can easily have some one come do that." Picard stated. To this Shinji shrugged.

"Sorry. I just had nothing to do." Shinji said dishearten.

Picard sighed "Well it doesn't matter. Looks like you did a better job any way." he complemented which seemed to perk up Shinji. "Well then I guess I'll get changed have a cup of tea and sit down with a book. Your more than welcomed to join me I have several books that you may find fascinating." Picard offered.

Shinji put away the cleaning supplies and gave Picard a puzzled look "Actually Misato was throwing a sort of welcome home party for every one. I was planning on going, you're invited also." Shinji said hopefully.

Picard walked over to the replicator and got a cup of earl grey tea and sat down at the table pondering for a moment. "I may stop by for a bit." Was all Picard said before taking a sip of his tea and heading to his room to change. Shinji smiled and went to change for Misato's party.

After settling into her new place Misato planned a welcome home party for every one, although it was just an excuse to have a party by her. Misato finished replicating party foods and drinks and had placed them out for her guests. Asuka was sitting at the dinning table watching Misato with a wavering interest. "I don't understand why you want a party any way Misato. There is no point." Asuka complained.

Misato just smiled and continued about her work. "Oh come on it will be fun, you should get in the spirit of things. We are celebrating our return to Tokyo." She explained.

"Still seems pretty stupid to me." Mutter Asuka. "What about you Wonder girl what do you think?" Asuka asked Rei who was sitting in the living room reading some information on the 24th century Deanna had given her and the other children to read.

Rei looked up from her PADD and at the fiery red head "I do not know. I don't know what to think of it. Although it seems like a waste of time." She said returning to her reading.

"There you see even Wonder girl agrees with me." Asuka beamed feeling triumphant that Rei had proven her point.

Whether Misato hear them or not she didn't respond. She just went about finishing her task before any one showed up. About a minute later there was a ring from the door. "Asuka can you please get that I am rather busy." Said Misato from her room where she was changing. Asuka was about to object when the door chimed again.

"FINE!" she yelled and got up in a huff to answer the door. As soon as she got to the door she depressed the button on the control pad to open the door. The door swished open to reveal Data and Geordie, right behind them was Worf and stepping out of the turbo lift down the hall was Deanna and Beverly.

Data smiled "Greetings Ms. Sohryuu." he said before walking in.

"Pftt stupid wind up doll." She mutter under her breath as the other guest walked in.

Misato walked out of her room dress in some rather risqué attire, covering just enough to make the men there almost blush. "WELCOME!! Have something to eat and have a seat." she offered. Data just took a seat next to Rei while Geordie helped him self to some of the entries. Worf too took a seat after getting a glass of prune juice. Beverly and Deanna chatted with Misato about some trivial things. Soon after Shinji arrival the party got under way. Misato had set up some music selections and was "getting down" to the music with Geordie who did his best to keep up. Data tried his best to make chit chat with Rei but to no avail she just kept reading her notes. Worf sat enjoying his drink while Deanna talked to Asuka. Beverly had convinced Shinji to dance and where now giving Misato and Geordie a run for their money. Soon partners changed and Shinji danced with Misato, Deanna with Worf and Crusher with Data, who where out classing every one. With a bit of prompting by Deanna, Misato and Beverly Shinji got up the nerve to ask Asuka for a dance to which she almost refused but on a whim she accepted. After an hour of dancing and talking Data took out a deck of cards and started a poker game.

After a few hands to teach the only two who did not know how to play, Rei and Shinji did they bust out the chips and start playing for real. Before the first hand was dealt Captain Picard showed up and decided to play a few hands and join the fun. "I am glad you could make it Captain" greeted Misato with a big grin of her face.

"The pleasure is all mine, and Misato we are out side of work and I am not in uniform so call me Jean-Luc." Stated Picard accepting Data's offer to deal out the first hand. "The game is five card draw ace's are wild." he dealt out the cards and the game began. After several hands Rei had nearly cleaned out every one except for Data and Shinji, both who seemed to be doing fairly well. As Data dealt Picard picked up his cards and immediately folded. "Well its been fun but I really should be leaving I had a long day. Good evening." Picard said getting up from the table and left the apartment.

"Picard is definitely not the fun type now is he?" familure voice rang out. Every one turned around and saw Q standing at the snacks munching on a sandwich.

"Not you again." Worf grumbled showing his distaste for the entity known as Q.

"Ugh. I don't feel like dealing with your savagery now pea-brain." Q rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers, and Worf disappeared from the table. Q then sat down in Worf's place "Now, whose turn is it to deal?" asked Q with a wicked grin on his face.

"Who are you exactly?" Shinji asked avoiding eye contact with Q.

"Why you learned to speak since we last met good for you. I am no one you have to be concerned with lad." Q answered. "So are you going to deal me in or not?" Q wondered.

"Who said you were invited to this party any way, Dumbkoft? Why don't you go play in a black hole?" Asuka said.

"Why my word your as bad as microbrain you know what I don't have to take this. I think I'll go where I am appreciated." with that Q disappeared in a flash of light, and Worf returned.


Picard got back to his and Shinji's quarters, changed and got into bed. Just as he started to get comfortable he turned to his side and found himself looking right into the face of Q. This wasn't the first time Q had done this and probably wouldn't be the last but it still upset him beyond belief. To tired to mount any show of the rage he was feeling towards Q for invading his privacy he simply said "What now Q?"

"Nothing much. Just thought I'd come tuck you in that's all." Q replied with a sinister grin on his face. "But on a more serious note..." Q started then disappearing from the bed and reappearing across the room on a chair behind Picard's desk. "I was just curious about how your meeting went with Commander Ikari today." Q finished.

Picard sat up and got out of the bed and took a seat across from Q "Why are you so concerned? I must say this is very out of character for you Q." Picard spat getting a little annoyed Q's antics.

"Temper Mon caption. Don't get to use to me being like this it won't last. Don't let that man fool you he knows more than he lets on about. He is very dangerous...even to the Q." Q admitted to which surprised Picard (The Q afraid of a single human?) Picard thought. "The Q aren't not afraid of no human but what he has planned could effect the Q...deeply." Q said in a very menacing tone, which made Picard shiver unconsciously.

What surprised Picard and confused him is that Q was warning him about something and showing a weakness in his beloved continum. "I don't suppose you can tell me can you?" Picard stated with a touch of sarcasm.

If this annoyed Q he didn't show it, he just shook his head "I can't tell you right now but in time maybe. But be on guard Jean-luc, Venibbeth the angel of invisibility is on his way. Don't think I am going soft or any thing I am just helping fix a mistake made by the continum long ago that you humans have to deal with again. If you survive this whole ordeal I'll be back to my normal charming self." Q warned before disappearing in a flash of light.

Picard ponder what Q said it had answered a few of his questions but left him with many more "A mistake by the continum?" He whispered to him self. He shook his head and was about to go back to bed when what sounded like air raid sirens went off. "What the devil?" he muttered. Just then his commbagde on the desk chirp, he quickly picked it up and tapped it. "Picard here." He replied. "Sir an angel has been detected report to NERV ASAP." said a female voice from the commbagde "Acknowledged I am on my way, Picard out." with that he set down the badge and donned his uniform picking it back up and placing it onto his chest. He tapped it once "Picard to NERV transporter room one, one to beam down." He ordered "Aye sir." Replied the transporter tech. Seconds later Picard felt the tingle of the transporter take effect and he was transported from his room to arrive seconds later in the transporter room at NERV.

He stepped off the pad instantly and waited for the rest of his team to transport over. A minute later the transporter tech received several signals stating the need for transport "Sir the rest of your team reports read for transport." the young transporter chief stated. "Energize." Picard ordered. On command six columns of light appeared on the pads and formed into the shapes of Shinji, Asuka, Rei, Misato, Data, and Beverly who quickly got off the pad to make room for the last three to beam down. Again the transport pad filled but this time with three columns of light forming into Geordie, Deanna, and Worf. Misato and the pilots took off with out being told what they had to do, as for Picard's team they milled around and waited for orders.

Picard turned to the group "Worf you help Misato with tactical operations, Crusher you head to the med bay and take charge there, Geordie you will assist the tech teams where you can, Data you will assist the technicians in the operations center, Deanna you stick with me." Picard ordered and the group split up to where they had to go. Surprised to see that his officers already knew where they where going, and a bit embarrassed that if he had took the time to study the layout of NERV HQ he would too.

The enterprise crew arrived at the command center in time to hear Misato order a report on the angel. Data took a seat at one of the computer stations, Worf stood beside Data watching the forward screen, Picard and Deanna took up positions next to Commander Ikari and Fuitskie. Data analyzed the data the sensors where feeding him and was the first to give a report beating out the young NERV tech to the punch "Sensors indicate that a type blue pattern has been detected just out side Tokyo but can not pin point the location." Data stated with his usual emotionless voice.

Misato nodded "Pilots status?" she asked. A female NERV tech who to Misato boar a strong resemblance to Maya Ibiki spoke up "They have changed, boarded the entry plugs, and have just now been loaded into their Evas and have synchronized. Shinji's sync rate is at 41% Asuka's is at 50% and Rei's at 37%." she replied. "Eva status?" Misato asked again, another tech that Misato could not recognize answered "Unit 01 still under freeze, Unit 02 ready to go, and Unit 00b is 70% mission capable."

Misato was not pleased; she turned to the commander "Sir, permission to send out Unit 01 in place of Unit 00b." She asked the commander.

"Negative, Unit 01 will remain under freeze." He replied coolly to which Misato just clench her jaw and turned around. Worf on the other hand let out a small growl, which went unnoticed by the commander.

Picard turned to Ikari "Mr. Ikari we can not send an Eva out that is not totally mission capable to do so would be suicide. Especially if there is another to go in its place." He protested.

The commander faced forward while he talked to Picard "Captain I don't believe you fully understand why Unit 01 is under this freeze in the first place. So kindly keep your comments to your self. If the situation calls for it Unit 01 will be sent out, but only if it does." He answered.

The captain scowled but did not say a word; he shot a glance back to Troi who to had a deep scowl on her face.

"Move Units 00b and 02 to launch shafts five and six." Misato ordered. Seconds ticked by as the Evas moved to the shafts.

"Evas at launch shafts, pathways have been cleared. Evanelions ready for launch." stated the female tech.

"EVA LAUNCH!" Misato yelled, with that command the Evas rocketed to the surface.

"Today is a good day to die!" Worf added much to dismay of Misato who grimmest not wanting to think of that possibility.

"Evas have reached street level. Fusion batteries functioning at optimum levels. Estimated time of activation is 34.56 minutes." Data informed. On the main screen showed Unit 02 and Unit 00b standing in the middle of the city now submerged for battle. "Armament buildings have been raised."

Unit 02 slowly stalked towards the nearest armament building, which opened reveling an Eva sized Phaser Rifle. Unit 02 reached out and took the rifle and slowly took a defensive position. Unit 00b, which was missing its shoulder pylons and sections of armour, walked towards another building and retrieved a photon launcher. And too took up a defensive position. "Ok we are here where the hell is this damn angel?" Asuka asked.

"Sensors can not detect its position, just that its here." Data stated looking over the data displayed on his terminal screen. "It would seem that the angel has the ability to cloak its self from our sensors."

Just then Unit 00b was hurled back wards by an unknown force slamming into one of the armament buildings and right through it. Before the Eva could get to its feet it was it again this time crushing it deeper into the ground. Unit 02 swings its rifle around and begins to fire at nothing. Crimson beams shot forth from the emitter of the rifle melting building and street alike. None how ever hit the angel. "Where the hell is...AHHHHHHHHH!!!!" She screamed as Unit 02's arm was ripped from it in a shower of blood. Unit 02 stumbled back clutching is shoulder.

"Unit 00b fusion battery has been damaged and has gone off line. Back up batteries has failed to kick in Unit 00b has ceased activation. Unit 02 has lost its right arm no further damage." Data said calmly.

"Unit 00b's pilot is unconscious." Stated the female tech.

Unit 02 picked up the rifle and began firing wildly but this time a shot got lucking and struck something blue blood started to seep from the wound but before Asuka could take advantage of being able to see its opponent unit 02's left leg was tore out from underneath it again showering blood every where. Unit 02 fell to the ground and the angel was seemingly right on top of her. "DAMN YOU!!!" Asuka yelled firing two more shots both striking the angel but nothing devastating. In turn the angel ripped off the other arm.

"Unit 02's pilot life signs are erratic she can't take much more of this." Said the female tech.

Out of the blue Commander Ikari spoke "Unit 01's freeze is lifted send unit 01 to the shaft nearest to the angel's location and launch."

"Its about time." Worf muttered.

Unit 01 was moved to the launch shaft and also rocketed to the surface. The purple behemoth arrived on the surface and attracted the attention of the angel before it could finish off Unit 02. The angel slowly began to appear from thin air. It was dark black in colour with some light green on it. Its arms were thick with muscle and its hands had three talon fingers. It had four legs standing much like a centaur of Greek mythology. Its upper body looked a bit like the 3rd angel with the S2 organ prominent. Its head if it could be called that was just above the S2 organ and all it was, was one unblinking eye. Three wounds in its chest could be seen, its blue blood spilt freely down it as it slowly walked towards the newcomer to the battle. Unit 01 pulled out its progressive knife and stood ready.

"Be careful Shinji." Misato said more to her self than to any one else.

The angel shot a blast from its one eye and the ground around Unit 01 erupted in one large cross flare.

"SHINJI!!!!" Misato yelled.



To be continued....




Author's notes

First the Kensuke in this story is a descendent of the original. Second I have my reasons for putting Picard and Shinji together in the series living with Misato helped Shinji a lot helped him to grow but that only took him so far. Through Misato's immaturity Shinji learned to relax and to be a kid somewhat. So now to help further Shinji's development I have put Shinji with Picard. Picard's strength of character will only serve to help Shinji. Third about the angels name I assure you they are legit, real angels: Douma or Duma The angel of silence and of the stillness of death, and Venibbeth an angel invoked in conjuring invisibility. www.sarahsarchangels.com


Deleted parts:

Please forgive spelling and grammer errors made in these parts, as these have been deleted from the story I didn't take the time to run spell check...


Deanna led the small group around a tour of the ship making stops at the holodeck, aurberetum, and ten forward. As a standered tour goes, but Deanna one up the standared tour with secondary stops at engiennering, torpedo bays, and the battle brigde.

The last stop was for a quick tour of the bridge, the aft turbolift doors swished open giving veiw of the five passangers. Deanna was the first to step off followed by Misato, Asuka, Shinji and then Rei. "This is the main brigde from here all funtions of the ship are preformed." she informed them. "This here is the tactical station from here weapons and sheilds are controled by our security Worf." Deanna motioned to the Klingon who wasn't to happy with being gawked at by the newcomers. Sencing Worfs displeasure she moved towards the front of the brigde Comander Riker who was seated in the captains chair stood up gave them a small smile and a nod of acknowlegdement before sitting back down. Deanna lead them towards Data who turned his chair around to meet them "This is the ops station which deals mostly with the sensors, and this pale gentalman is Data the ships science officer and the first and only andriod to serve in star fleet." She told them.

"Greetings." Data said puting on a smile.

"Wow." shinji exclaimed rather but his tone of voice showed he didn't really care.

"Hey your kind of cute for a rob...Andriod." Misato teased.

"Thank you Major." Data said.

"He's a robot?!?! Some wind up toy another doll. Oh you and wonder girl here would make a great couple." Asuka yelled harshly.

"Andriod." Data corrected unfazed by Asukas remarks. "Why would you say that "wonder girl" and me would make a great couple?" Asked Data.

"Because your both dolls emotionless dolls." She spat back.

Data looked over at Rei her face was like his, void of any emotions. "Do you agree with her assesment?" Data asked her.

At first she showed no sign of wanting to answer the android all she did was stare at the view screen which offered a great view of earth. With out shifting her gaze she said "No." one word plain and simple "I am not a doll."

Data smiled and decided to try out a new subroutine he had writen after hearing from Worf how Misato teased him. "Well if she says we'd make a good couple, would you like to go out some time?" Datas comment got a few snikers from across the brigde.

Rei did not move nor shift her view from the view screen. "If ordered I will." She answered in her very soft voice.

Data's face shift to a frown and he turned to Troi "Councelor tell me do I not got down the consept of teasing correct?" He asked her.

Deanna slightly shook her head "Yes Data you do but you may want to try it out on some one thats more...in touch with their emotions." She assured him.

"Ah I see. It was nice meeting you." Data then turned his chair around to get back to work.

"Now that your tour is over lets get some thing to eat and then I'll take my first appointment." She said leading them off the brigde.

****This was deleted because my prereaders felt it wasn't very vital to the story.


"Actually that move is illegal Ikari." The subcommander pointed out to which Gendo looked down at the rules and muttered curse under his breath. He then moved his piece back and moved another. Kozo just smiled moving a rook and said, "Check mate." Had he had better hearing he might have heard the commander mutter another small curse. "What has Doctor Akagi to say about the repairs to Unit 00b?" Chuckled Kouzou setting up the board for another game.

"Repairs to unit 00b are 60% finished." Ikari said rereading the rules of the game one more time.

"If the next angel comes before it is complete it leaves us with only one Eva. Unless you are willing to lift the freeze on Unit 01." Kouzou stated.

"Unit 01 must be kept from harm if all possible. The freeze will remain until I say otherwise." Ikari replyed coldly.

Kouzou sighed.

****I took this part out because it wasn't nessasary nothing needed for the story. And since Dr. Akagi wasn't going to be in this chapter I best thought not to keep her in. A big surpise for Misato eh?