Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Groping in the dark ❯ Groping in the dark ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Senses.
30 Kisses, 30 Ways: Shinji and Asuka
Themes: K-23 (Candy) W-15 (I'll protect you)
Title: Groping in the Darkness
A.N.: I shall use this space to cover my own ass: Not mine. I'm attempting to get out of this writers block, so I'm gonna take 2 challenges at once: 30 kisses and 30 ways in one story. Hope you like. I'll update with another one shot if I'm still blocked, if not, expect the other chapter of 10 things briefly. The setting is…well…you know they'll end up kissing, so I'm not gonna spoil the ending.
Nyah!
 
----- ----- ----- -----
 
During instrumentality an infinite number of worlds were created; from the Edo period to the end of the millennium. All of them different, all of them unique.
But all those worlds have one unifying rule in common; in every single one we met, and invariably, we fall in love. And sometimes we hurt each other.
And we connect to each other deeply.
Worlds made with both you and me in the center.
That's the single, unifying rule. (Retake 04)
 
----- ----- ----- -----
 
“Stop it, Shinji!  You're hurting me!”
 
“Wait a minute.  Let me move it a little to the left.”
 
”OWWW-THAT HURT IDIOT.”
 
“Sorry…” Shinji said meekly. “There. Is it better..?” His breath so close Asuka could feel the warm, moist caress of it in her cheek.
 
Unfortunately, that was all she could do…feel. Seeing was out of the question as her world was currently plunged in darkness.
 
“No. It's not better.” Asuka grumbled, whishing he couldn't see her blush.
 
“Try backing up.”
 
“I tried that already. I told you. IT'S STUCK..!!” The red head shouted, making a fuss of the motion, hoping he could see it.
 
“I'm sorry…” Shinji said, reeling back, swiftly evading the punch aimed at his shoulder. “Should I push on your shoulders?” He asked from a safe distance, happy that Asuka couldn't mover her arms farther than that.
 
Asuka whined, “I don't know. I'm just so tired. I want out of here and into my own warm bed.”
 
“I promise,” Shinji assured her, struggling again, strain clearly coating his voice. “As soon as we get home I'll draw you a hot bath. I'll even make those bratwursts you are so fond of.”
 
But Asuka wasn't so easily moved. “You'll do that…for starters.“ She flashed a feral smile. “I think I might need a full body massage as well…”
 
Shinji knew he was being bullied around, but he also knew this whole fiasco, and Asuka's current plight was all is fault, so he did the wisest thing one could ever do when confronting Asuka Langley Soryu.
 
He yielded.
 
Besides, the prospect of being able to give Asuka a full body massage, and thus being able to watch her bare back and legs was always a bonus on his book.
 
“Yes, and I'll personally massage all your sore muscles. “ Shinji tried to sound nonchalant, and failed miserably.
 
“And a foot massage…” Asuka wasn't about to let the opportunity slip by. She glared thru the darkness enveloping her eyes hoping her tone of voice could convey the message clearly.
 
“Yes. A foot massage as well.”
 
Asuka scoffed, “That's a good thing.  My right foot is beginning to cramp up.”
 
They remained quiet for a moment, both trying to fully understand the mess they were in and trying to come with a solution for it. Still sightless, Asuka could only focus on the rest of her senses. She could smell Shinji's scent, could feel his whole presence, the warmth emanating from his body,. She could hear his faint breathing, deep intakes of air followed by the quiet exhalation from his nose. She could also taste his sweat, intermingled with her own sweat. She slowly began to feel slightly aroused and prayed once again that Shinji wasn't able to see her forming blush.
 
Or notice how she pressed her legs together.
 
“I have an idea.” His voice cut thru the tension and the stillness, shattering the quiet in the dark.
 
“What?” She felt his hands softly, almost reverently enveloping her leg, almost afraid that it might break.
 
“Trust me.” Shinji simply whispered, making Asuka shudder; she felt her mouth go dry and attempted to reassert control with a quip.
 
“The last time I trusted you, you never said it would hurt this much.”
 
“I'm sorry…” Shinji had the decency to sound flustered.
 
“Okay. Point taken.” Asuka sighed “I guess that was your idiot way of trying to be helpful.” Asuka's voice trailed off.  “But I have to say, next time, we try if without the harness first. I'm new to the whole scene, and I don't appreciate being suspended by my hands and arms. If you had thought it thru, then my hands would have been free. And we would have tried it first in the bedroom instead of outside.”
 
“I don't think we could manage to pull this off in the bedroom.” Shinji sounded perplexed, making Asuka realize that he didn't get the sexual pun. “Besides, I'm sure the RA's at the dorms would flip when she saw us like this.”
 
“Nah…Hikari's cool…” Asuka grunted offhandedly, twisting and attempting to get free again. Shinji gasped when he saw the ropes straining.
 
“Asuka, please stop I'm sure you'll only get it tighter if you continue to push it in.”
 
Asuka's grunts turned into a snicker, and finally gave in to a giggle.  “You're right, it's pretty tight.  For the last three or four hours, I've been having to turn my head sideways just to make my neck rest.  I wonder how low the ceiling is, anyway.” She asked as she turned her sightless eyes to the top.
 
“How big is your foot..?”
 
To say Shinji's question broke the intimate, trusting mood was an oxymoron. Asuka's nose and face scrunched as she attempted to understand the logic behind the moronic question.
 
“My foot..?”
 
“How long is your foot, in inches?” She could sense Shinji's face so close to her, the combination if senses; smell, feel, taste…all blurred themselves and where making her horn-wait…Shinji was speaking again.
 
“…That way I can probably get you out of here.”
 
Asuka attempted to gather the conversation but came out blank, so she did what was more asy for her.
 
She exploded.
 
“What kind of moronic question is that..? I don't know how big my foot is because I've never measured it...” Asuka forced herself calm as soon as she felt Shinji slowly inching away. Calm down, deep calming breathes, never mind the pressure she felt on her breast every time she took one of those deep calming breaths.
 
“How would I know..?” Asuka grumbled under her breath. “It's a size eleven. That would be a size ten in men's shoes.”
 
“Your foot would literally be a foot long, then.” Shinji pondered quietly, before a snicker escaped his mouth. 
 
“That's kinda funny, don't you think..?”
 
“Yeah, Shinji; really funny…” Asuka blew the hair from her face before shouting in, what she hoped to be, Shinji's general direction. “Get your ass up here and help me down, idiot.”
 
Immediately after, she felt someone fidgeting with the rope circling her ankle.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“I'm trying to untangle your foot.  Maybe you can wiggle your foot out and then I can get the boot unstuck.” Shinji explained.  “There. Give it a try.”
 
“Ouch!”
 
“What's the matter?”
 
“Dammit dammit dammit,” Asuka grumbled.  “I hurt my knee. I can't bend my leg without digging my knee into the tree where we tied everything for support.”  She sighed.  “It's no use. There's just no room to move.”
 
After a long silence, Asuka said. “You're awfully quiet, Shinji. What are you thinking?”
 
“I'm thinking we need to get you out of here.” He said in a quiet, and what he hoped sounded like a reassuring tone.  “There's nothing left to do but for me to pound the back while you push as hard as you can backwards.  It's the only way to untangle it.”
 
Meekly, Asuka agreed.  “Just don't break anything, please.”
 
“I promise.” Shinji gently cupped her face in his hand, conveying as much resolve and sincerity as he could on his voice. “Don't worry; I'll protect you.” Gently he placed his lips on hers for a brief butterfly-like kiss, earning a smile from the redhead.
 
“Ready?”
 
“Yes.” Asuka said taking in a deep breath, resolve clearly in her voice. “I'm ready.”
 
“Push.” Shinji simply commanded. “Again.” He panted. “Again.” He gasped.
 
“Ow, ow, ow.” Asuka grunted in rhythm.
 
“Keep pushing. I'm going to pound it a little harder now.”
 
“I am pushing! Ow ow! Stop..!”
 
“What's the matter..?” Shinji asked, breathless.
 
“What do you think..? My ass hurts; I've been in the same position for almost an hour now…”
 
“Hey, this isn't doing me any good either.” Shinji complained.
 
A soft whimper was all the answer he got from the usually outspoken redhead
 
“I'm sorry, Asuka...Please don't cry.”
 
“I'm not crying.” Asuka protested, in a whispering sob.
 
“Yes, you are. I can hear you.” Shinji whispered back.
 
“Well, do you blame me..?” Asuka whimpered. “I'm tired, I'm sore and I'm stuck. Don't tell me not to cry.”  Under her breath, Asuka added. “Idiot.”
 
“I heard that, too.”
 
“You wanna hear something else..? I'm scared,,!”
 
“Scared..? There's nothing to be scared of.” Shinji responded automatically. “We'll get you out.”
 
“Before it rains..?” Asuka asked dully.
 
“Rain..? It's not supposed to rain today.” Shinji said absentmindedly.
 
Mein Gott..!” Asuka snorted. “Did you even check the weather report before you brought me here..? It could be raining right now. There could be a wall of water headed right for us!”
 
“Is it supposed to rain..?”
 
“You tell me,” Asuka said sarcastically.  “It was your job to find out, Mr. Lets-try-something-exciting.”
 
“No, I'm sure it wasn't.” Shinji assured himself. “I'm pretty sure.”
 
Asuka doubted completely his ability of self-preservation, and she voiced her disapproval in a seething voice.  Over their heads, a distant rumble could be heard.
 
This was quickly followed by the soft pit-pat made by the falling drizzle.
 
“I'm pretty sure I hate you at this moment.”
 
After another silence, Shinji asked, “Want me to go for help?”
 
“And leave me here?” Asuka asked in a panic.  “Not on your life!  I want to berate you some more.  Besides…” She added with a snarl, “'till death do us part and all that.  If I'm going to drown down here, so are you.”
 
“How romantic.” He muttered
 
“You'd better think romantic, `cause you know you're not getting any for a least a month after this.” Asuka made a wide movement with her suspended body, legs and arms flailing around when suddenly…
 
“Ouch.”
 
“Now what..?”
 
“My foot. It came loose.”
 
“Just like that..?” Shinji asked, disbelief clear in his voice.
 
“Yeah; just like that.” Easily Asuka began to untangle her body from the mess or coils of ropes, harness and pulleys. “Maybe you almost had it loose before.”
 
“Maybe.”  Shinji didn't sound convinced.  “Can you wiggle it?”
 
“Yeah. It's sore, but it will work.” Asuka grunted as she slowly began to lower herself. “Gott sie Danke. Now, let's get out of here.”
 
“Wait,” Shinji said brusquely.  “I need to return all of the rented equipment.” He grunted as he began to fumble about in the dark enclosed space.  “Feel around to see if there's anything besides you.”
 
“I don't feel anything.” Asuka said in a clear I'm-not-moving-at-all mode. 
 
“Hey…HEY..!” Her undignified squeal made Shinji stop. “Watch where you're groping!”
 
“Sorry.” His response made Asuka chuckled.
 
“Okay. You go first. Just be careful.”  Under his breath and trying to make sure Asuka didn't hear him, Shinji added a soft “Bigfoot.”
 
“That ended well…” Asuka began as she attempted to rub some feeling into her much abused appendages. “Considering I was wedged between the floor and ceiling of this stupid passageway.” She dusted herself and flipped her red tresses into a messy high ponytail. “I can't believe I ended up stuck in a twelve-inch crawl space with a million tons of stone and limestone over my head.  Don't ever ask me to go cave crawling with you again. You got that?”
 
“I promise.” Shinji agreed. “Never again.” He decided to add his own smart-ass remark. “Although you were the one who said that you knew the whole mechanics and that it was called spelunking…”
 
----- ----- ----- -----
 
“And that's the reason we came this late at night, not because we were doing it on the woods…” Shinji finished recounting his story to Toji as both young men shared the warmth of a cup of steaming whiskey and the fireplace from Kaji's cabin.
 
“Come on Man…” Toji laughed at Shinji's red face. “Like I was supposed to know it was an innocent trail outing.”
 
“Yeah Shin-shin…” an obviously drunken Misato piped from the couch, snuggling next to Kaji. “the way you made it out, it sounded like you were more interested in pounding Asuka's back door in a kinky suspension stunt rather that spelunking…” She downed her own cup of hot whiskey.
 
As the night progressed, the two couples and Shinji decided to make their ways to their respective bedrooms. As Shinji entered his and Asuka's room, he went towards the red head to check on her sleep. During the night, Asuka's blanket had somehow ended pooled at her feet, and her night shirt had ridden up showing Shinji a brief peek of her panties. Chuckling to himself, Shinji grabbed the blanket and tucked Asuka in, gently kissing her in the forehead.
 
“Shinji…?” Asuka's sleepy voice echoed softly on the darkened room, into the stillness of the night. “Is that you..?”
 
“Yes, everyone's asleep Asuka…”
 
“Oh, Shinji..?” Asuka asked in the sweetest voice she could muster, sounding raw and gruff from her sleep and incredibly sexy in Shinji's ears. “Could you come here for a minute?” She asked a she groped fro him in the dark.
 
“Sure, Asuka. What's the matter?” Shinji asked leaning on his elbow and inching his way closer to Asuka.
 
“Are you close…?” She whispered in a sleepy voice.
 
“Right beside you...” Shinji smiled.
 
A loud slap echoed in the darkened room, breaking the stillness of the night.
 
“Ow..!” Shinji cried in pain, holding the side of his head. “What was that for?”
 
Instead of an immediate response, Asuka rolled to her side and snuggled into the blanket. The sweetness in Asuka's voice was gone as she answered.
 
“A third date is not supposed to end in stone. Next time just buy me some candy…” She yawned. “A box of chocolates should be fine…” She turned to a pouting Shinji and winked at him.
 
“Or we could try some leather…”
 
----- ----- ----- -----
 
Author's disconcerting rambles:
 
I seriously have no clue where the hell this little piece came, although the basis for this is an actual incident that happened to me and my then girlfriend during a camping trip. Hope you liked it.
 
Oh, and raise your hands who actually thought they were doing the nasty in a kinky bondage-y way…
 
Yeah…thought so…go hit the showers…COLD showers, perverts.