Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ HACK//EVA ❯ roleplay ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

.HACK//EVA
Author's notes:
Well, this would be my first crossover fic, so go easy on me, eh? I decided to stop writing `EVANGELION: 2035' due to lack of interest (i.e. no reviews) and plot holes large enough to drive a truck through.
Not only is this fic gunna have less in the way of nitty-gritty details from either anime series for me to get wrong, but I'm doing my own disclaimers! Yes, I'm sorry to all the muse fans out there, but I've decided to let my muse out of his cage, back into the wild. Be afraid. Be very afraid…
Anyway, I don't own either Neon Genesis Evangelion or .HACK//Sign. I do own several pairs of shorts, a couple of shirts and a left sock. And if anyone REALLY wants my sock, they can take it over my dead body….
Anyway, on with the show!
 
CHAPTER ONE: ROLEPLAY
It was late.
A woman stood in the doorway of one of the bedrooms of her apartment. She quietly observed the room's sole occupant; a 16 year old boy.
The boy in question sat in front of a computer screen, his hands resting on the keyboard, occasionally moving. Over his eyes rested a set of virtual reality goggles, the silvery metal contrasting with his Asian skin and black hair. A small pile of empty soda cans lay next to him on the floor, their very presence showing the woman that this game was taking up more and more of the boy's time. She shook her head with worry, and left her charge, Shinji Ikari, to his fantasy.
 
<><><>
 
The air was split by a shrill scream of pain.
A young man hid with his back against a pillar, thumbing the lever on his repeater crossbow-pistol, another bolt slipping into place. In his other hand he held a slightly curved katana. He was dressed entirely in a black fighting costume, over which he wore lacquered steel bracers, greaves and a light breastplate. Counting softly to a predetermined number, he spun back out into the open, pulling the trigger on his weapon as soon as he had a bearing on the target.
The tiny crossbow bolt slammed through the tough scales of the lizard warrior, breaking the bones of its right shoulder, a similar wound showing on its left thigh. Its sword slipping out of useless fingers, the monster charged, blind rage clouding its better judgement.
The young warrior leapt aside, easily evading the rending claws of his opponent. Turning the dodge into a spin, he slashed out with his katana, dispatching the lizard warrior into a puff of smoke. Where the monster stood a moment before lay a small pile of gold coins.
Sliding his sword back into its sheath, the warrior known as Shadow knelt, scooped the coins into a pouch, and ventured deeper into the dungeon.
 
<><><>
 
Tip-toeing a short way down the hall, the woman silently opened the door of the next room. A similar scene from the last greeted her, except this teen was a female. Red hair cascaded down her shoulders, held back by a pair of red hairclips. Her fair skin showed her to be western in origin, as would her blue eyes, had they been visible behind the goggles. The speakers of this computer were softly playing a selection of pop songs, but it was obvious that the girl was not paying attention to anything other than her game.
Sighing, the woman left her other ward, Asuka Langley Soryu, and went to bed.
 
<><><>
 
Looking again at her Automap, the young woman growled deep in her throat. She had been wandering around this dungeon for nearly an hour, but the treasure chest she knew to be there somewhere was not in evidence. Sighing, she lent her long-bladed battle spear up against a nearby wall, and sat down to rest. She was clad in lightweight, bright crimson battle harness, her leather armour trimmed in gold. Looking all the world like an Amazon warrior, she had the temper to match. The player known as Blood Angel stood, looked in a direction she had not yet searched, and began to walk.
 
<><><>
 
Across the other side of the city known as Tokyo-3, another teenager sat in front of a computer. She had not previously needed one, but since she had discovered the game called simply `The World', she had bought one. The young albino also had a set of goggles over her eyes, her blue locks pushed aside. Rei Ayanami, like her two old teammates, played in the virtual world, seeking to escape from reality.
 
<><><>
 
“Hey! Wavemaster! Want to join our party? You look kinda lonely.”
The young woman turned to face the direction the shout had come from. She wore a light blue robe, with a darker blue cloak. In her hands was held a Wavemaster staff, its green globe reflecting the moonlight off its shiny surface. Looking up, her red eyes regarded the group of adventurers that approached her. Deciding with a cool, calculating stare, she turned back around.
“No, thankyou.”
The group stopped, looked at each other, and then as one, grinned.
“Well, we don't take no for an answer, see? And being out in a dangerous field such as this,” the leader, who was speaking, waved his hand around the desert background “You need to be in a party.”
“I said no.”
The leader, a tall, muscular heavy axeman, glanced at his friends, smirking. They fanned out, surrounding the girl.
“Well, we need to sho you what happens to people who say no to us, right guys?” This statement was followed by nods and murmurs of agreement.
“I do not wish to fight,” Stated the albino, her hands clutching her staff harder. “but I will defend myself, if necessary.”
The gang of axemen and swordsmen laughed, and advanced on her.
Half closing her eyes, Blue Oni summoned the energy of the wind that was howling around the desert, and released it in an expanding circle of destruction. The gang were blown off their feet, their health bars going down rapidly. One by one their life expired, and by the time Blue Oni halted the tide of energy, not one remained alive.
Quietly surveying the damage she had caused, the woman teleported away.
 
<><><>
 
Author's notes: orright, what did yez think? If I get some feedback, I'll continue to write. If not, I dunno. Might keep writing just to spite everyone…..meh. leave a review! Pwese?