Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Rear End of Evangelion ❯ EndNotes

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Postscript for THE REAR END OF EVANGELION

In 2002, I wondered what would happen if Asuka was prescribed ecstasy to make her all lovey-dovey; this formed the story's foundation, upon which I built up ideas like a brick wall-- a US military serviceman raising Shinji in the US, Shinji assuming a sex scene was a drug-induced hallucination, Gendo's death, a bisexual Kaoru as Asuka's boyfriend, and Asuka as a swinger-- but it wasn't a recognizable story until 2007.

The original story was set in 2015; Shinji piloted Unit 01, and Misato was his and Asuka's guardian. The purple Eva used a progressive katana to bisect an Angel I created; the halved Angel became two independent monsters, as Israfel did in episode nine. One Angel's psychic weapon made everyone horny, except an immune Shinji, who shot and wounded a bisexual Kensuke and then fled from a mob of people who wanted to fuck Unit 01's pilot; the distraction allowed the other (tentacle) Angel to burrow towards Lilith in Terminal Dogma. Asuka seduced Misato, Ryoji, Rei, and Shinji all at once; Misato fucked Ryoji and then married him; Ritsuko fucked Maya and, in the finale, both women joined Shinji, Asuka, and Rei in a big orgy.

I borrowed ideas from David Eddy and Steve Vader's lemons (available at http://www.tuxedojack.com/ltmirror/lemons.html) as I revised the story. In Eddy's 'Ritsuko's Device', the bleach blonde issues Asuka a vibrator to raise the Second Children's synch ratio. In Vader's 'An Unusual Lemon', Unit 01's soul (Yui) telepathically communicates with the pilot to start a relationship, which is then consummated.

If you're curious about Asuka's nicknames for her bisexual friends, she uses the names of comic book characters-- a character in 'Wonder Woman' shares Rei's nickname in the TV series-- while Kaoru uses names from Greek mythology; you can probably guess which Children introduced "Captain America" and which, "Athena."

I rewrote several scenes after I posted them on the Star Destroyer Discussion Forums (http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/index.php), such as changing Shinji's sidearm from a USP Tactical-- in .45 ACP (11.43 x 23 mm), the "All American" caliber-- to the HK45. Here's a deleted scene that takes place after Stuart informs Shinji of Gendo's imprisonment:

[Start]

He noticed a figure entering the hangar. "Captain Ayanami?"

The albino staggered towards the ranger. "Pilot Ikari..." He ran forwards to catch her as she fell.

Shinji lowered Rei onto his lap. "Are you okay, Captain?" He turned to the SP. "Call a medic."

"Yes, Sir." The SP ran out of the hangar.

"Pilot Ikari," the albino unsealed her plug suit; her right hand pulled down the collar, exposing her shoulders. "I cannot suppress it any longer." She continued pulling until Shinji's hand covered hers, stopping her from exposing her breasts. "I want you," her left hand rose to touch the ranger's face through his protective mask, "I need you."

'Her too?' "Don't worry, Captain, the medic is on his way."

"Take me now," Rei begged. "Make me yours."

The ranger frowned. "You're not yourself; taking advantage of your condition will make me no better than a sex offender." He heard footsteps, and looked up to see the SP lead two medics into the hangar. "Over here!"

[End]

Using notes in Sadamoto Yoshiyuki's manga, which stated the Evas were 40 meters tall, I asked forum members for help in calculating an Eva's weight, so I could calculate the amount of kinetic energy generated when an Eva rammed an Angel. One of the members, Vehrec, provided this (edited for simplicity):

[Start]

Assuming a 40-meter Eva, I calculate a realistic weight of over 2,605,000 pounds. This does not take into account the numerous metal plates and implants that are driven into its body-- it's based off the same numbers you used, but I used the cube instead of scaling linearly. (Height is linear; weight is cubed because it's a function of volume.)

Keep in mind that we are using this as a lower limit; an Eva would be by necessity quite a bit denser than a human because of its massive structural requirements, and we used the bare minimum height figure.

Formula used: (Eva's height/human's height)³ * human's mass = Eva's mass

This formula assumes that both objects being compared are the same basic plan, with the same basic composition and density. Significant variations of either factor can throw it off.

[End]

2,605,000 lb equals 1,181,608 kg, to which I added the median of the XB-70 prototype bomber's empty and maximum takeoff weights, to account for Unit 03's armor and specialized equipment. I used the B-1 bomber's maximum takeoff weight in 'Death Is Never the End'; now I know that figure was too damn low.