Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Stargate: Evangelion ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

Gendo Ikari looked upon the reports scattered over his desk with an unreadable expression. But then, his expression was always just that: Unreadable, reflected Sub-Commander Kozou Fuyutsuki. He stood at his former student's right side, at all times, the proper second-in-command. And this afforded him to look over the same reports. A strange, triangular symbol without a base rested over a thin, "V"-shaped symbol. Over this were inscribed the letters SGC. And underneath all this was a perfect circle. At the other side of the table, Dr. Ritsuko Akagi looked over the files with a disbelieving sneer.

"... You really believe all this nonsense?" Ritsuko asked, shaking her head. "Sounds like some fool-hippie conspiracy theorist's bad LSD trip..."

"..." Gendo made no reply, still diligently reading the files. His second-in-command followed his example. The younger woman grimaced.

"I've heard of this 'Dr' Daniel Jackson... He's a fraud, a laughingstock. Made up this idiotic theory about aliens building the pyramids... Not to mention that he's been gone ever since Second Impact! What would SEELE think of you, perusing this kind of crap?"

"... It's not crap." Fuyutsuki said quietly. Akagi blinked.
"... Wha?" Gendo leaned back in his chair, his hands knit in front of his face. Fuyutsuki continued.

"... Yui and Naoko... They performed internships with the Stargate Program, Pre-Impact." Fuyutsuki looked up at the gaping faux-blonde. "I, too, went there. They needed an expert in biology... To study something they found... On the other side of the Gate." Ritsuko resembled a fish at this moment, her jaw struggling to close but dropping once it touched the skull.
"... They... They did?"

"I saw it myself... It's a huge, ring-shaped device, about ten meters in diameter. It has an inner rotating ring with symbols on it and seven locks to set in the symbols." Fuyutsuki smiled slightly, recalling the experience. "I saw it open... A pool of water, rippling in mid-air... A gateway to another world..." The old man's smile grew, and looked directly at Ritsuko.

"The Stargate was... Is... Complete fact." Ritsuko gaped again, before shaking her head. She sucked in a breath and composed herself, before looking over at her lover.

"... This... It's all true?" Gendo looked at her and gave a slight nod. Ritsuko blinked, leaning back in her chair.

"... Then... The whole project... The Evas... Everything... It's for nothing? The Scrolls lied?" Gendo's penetrating gaze locked into her, and she found herself, like so many times before, enraptured by it.

"... The project is not for nothing. Second Impact is more than enough proof of this. The Evangelion technology is more than enough proof. Third Impact can and will occur..."

"But... But, this... Human evolution has continued... It can continue... The Stargate means that we-" Gendo looked up at Ritsuko, his gaze hard. The faux-blonde shut up.

"It means... That the project will continue. The Stargate cannot stop the scenario. All it means is that we must keep it from the old men, and anyone else. The scenario will proceed as planned... I know all about the Stargate program. I have spent the better part of a decade keeping it from the old men. And they will never find out about it." Gendo turned away in his chair, staring out into the bridge of NERV. "You are dismissed, Doctor."

Ritsuko opened her mouth to speak... Before shutting it, gritting her teeth behind her lips. She turned and stormed out, the door closing roughly behind her.

"... You're not letting it go."

"No."

"... Do you have any idea-" Fuyutsuki began, before Gendo raised his hand.

"You are dismissed, Sub-Commander." Fuyutsuki stood for a second, before noding stiffly and saluting.

"Yes sir." He then turned and left the bleak office as well, leaving Gendo alone.

"..." Gendo looked back over the data. He looked at the great gray ring... A ring that could let humanity expand out into the universe... Into new worlds, new environments... New paths of evolution.

It could prevent Third Impact. It could (and had) changed the course of history.

Unfortunately, the scenarios he had run before the doctor had even come in indicated that, as long as the Stargate program remained as it was... SEELE would find out. The Human Instrumentality Project would probably not be affected-The old men were greedy. They wished to become gods, to direct the next stage of human evolution and make themselves immortal, invincible...

If anyone else were to find out... If even the tiniest leak occurred...

"... Yui," he murmured, looking out over the Geofront.

The Scrolls had never mentioned a Stargate. What they had said was that human evolution had ceased on this planet. There was the possibility however, that the Scrolls were incomplete. That there was something missing...

It did not matter. Gendo would have his perfect world. He would have Yui again. His son... The scum that had stolen his wife's love from him, would be no more.

And the Stargate would be gone.

It would happen, because, in everything else, Gendo would do whatever it would take to make it happen...

---

"Great. Get stuck in a time warp for ten years, and the instant you get back, you have to sort through the paperwork," sighed General Jack O'Neill, leaning back in his chair. His old, creaky chair, that when he'd left had been brand-spanking new. As had his desk... Now concealed in a mountain of various forms and documents the general was trying very hard to ignore.

Leaning against a nearby wall, Dr. Daniel Jackson also sighed, shaking his head.

"Well, good to see that, even with the end of the world and ten years, things haven't really changed... All that much..."

"Well, when you're presumed dead for a decade and suddenly return, there is bound to be a lot of controversy, Daniel." Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter smiled wryly at the archeologist. "You, of all people, should know this." Daniel stuck his tongue out at her.

"And to think... We were this close," Jack grumbled, holding his index and thumb slightly apart, "this close, to turning off the time dilation whatever."

"At least I was able to freeze both fleets… Instead of just ours,” Carter shrugged. Jack nodded.

“Good job on that, Carter.”

“Thank you, sir.”

“However, it seems that in place of one difficulty, another has arisen,” Teal’c observed.

"Well, what can you do, Teal'c? Fate screws us over more than anything else," Jack grumbled, fidgeting in his chair. Carter blinked.

"Something wrong with your chair... Sir?" The general sighed.

"It's old... And uncomfortable. What the hell did they do while we were all gone, anyway?"

"I believe they sealed the Stargate and all levels associated with it's function," Teal'c observed. Jack rolled his eyes.

"Rhetorical question, T." Teal'c made his distinctive small smile at this. Daniel was meanwhile looking through some of the new documentation he'd received.

"Well, this is great... We're all being sent to Japan... Tokyo-3." Jack blinked.

"Tokyo-3? What happened to Tokyo-2?" Daniel looked at the general curiously.

"Tokyo... 2?" Jack raised both opened palms.

"C'mon Danny... Tokyo One got wiped out in Second Impact... And now, we have Tokyo-3. So, my question is, what happened to Tokyo-2?" Daniel blinked, and looked over some of the tourist guides he'd been sent.

"... Huh. Doesn't say." Carter sighed, leaning back in her chair. She shrugged and smiled slightly, as Jack shimied his chair.

"So, what else is new in 2015, hm?"

"Well... Earth's under attack."

"Something new, Daniel."

"By gigantic, biological entities called Angels, that wish to end all life on Earth."

"... Thanks."

"For?"

"Something new."

"You're welcome." Carter looked over her documents, sky blue eyes scanning all over the filled pages.

"Well sir... Since the Angels only attack Tokyo-3, it means we're being transferred to NERV. We'll be military advisors and help command the defenses for the city."
"Yeah, I have a question... What does NERV stand for? I've tried to find a reference to it, but come up empty..."

"It's beauracracy Daniel. They can make two plus two equal fish if they want."

"You stole that from The Fairly Odd Parents, Jack."

"... Did not." The general maturely argued. The archeaologist snorted.

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did too."

"Thank you."

"DAMNIT!"

Carter sighed, and looked over at Teal'c. The imposing Jaffa smiled slightly, ignoring the bickering behind them.

"Is it not good that things are still as they were?"

"Not everything, Teal'c..." Sam trailed off, her gaze shifting away, elsewhere. Teal'c moved in closer, as Jack and Daniel's argument quickly descended into grade school name-calling.

"Spacemonkey!"

"Geezer!"

"Mama's Boy!"

"Jackass!"

"I am sorry that your fiance has married another, Colonel Carter," the Jaff'a said quietly. "If you require my attention, I will be glad to give it." The blonde smiled at her long-time friend, and couldn't help a small chuckle as her commanding officer and best human friend began throwing pencils at eachother. Everything was as it had been... In a new and strange world, familiar but different, as long as she had her team...

"Thank you, Tea'lc..."

She had nothing to fear.

Thwack!

"Ow! Sir!"

"Er... Daniel threw it."

"Did not!"

"Did too! I saw you!"

"He's lying Sam, I sw-Uh... Sam? What are you do-GAH!"
"CARTER! ACK! I ORDER YOU TO-YEOW!"

"OW OW OW OW OW OW OW!"

Teal'c watched Carter manhandle both general and archeaologist through the door by their ears, her eyes filled with angry mirth as the men's pleading followed them down the corridor. Teal'c's small smile became a full-fledged grin. What was it the Tau'ri liked to say? The more things change...