Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Stargate: Evangelion ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter the fifth. I’ve added in lots of high-priced special effects just for you, and an amusing omake or two at the end. Enjoy!


And please, review. Thank you.

---

The brilliant red Evangelion Zero Two landed on the flight deck of the Over The Rainbow with all the grace of a rock. The carrier rocked, coming close to capsizing as the momentum of the gigantic biomech finally dissipated. However…

“ARGH! Each of those aircraft cost thirty million dollars!” Shrieked the admiral, slipping his weathered hands under his officer’s cap and gripping his bleaching hair hard. Jack O’Neill sighed. This admiral was probably assigned by the UN-He’d met US admirals. They were generally just as cool under fire as he himself had been, and definitely not as hard-assed as a lot of land-based brass. That’s what they were chosen for.

“Asuka, got the cable?” The red Eva had pulled the long power cable from the first portable generator, and smoothly attached it to it’s socket.

Confirmed. I could do this in my sleep.” Jack smirked. Cocky little spitfire, wasn’t she?

“Roger that. Mind lending the spare fishing line to my nephew?”

No problem. Jerk probably can’t handle being saved by a woman!” The redhead laughed haughtily, just as the Eva turned and leapt off the carrier, rocking it once again.

Deep blue eyes peeked behind a rivulet of blood. Daniel groaned as Sam helped him to his feet, pressing a bandage against his gashed forehead.

“Gah… This thing needs air bags,” the archaeologist groaned. Teal’c stood as salient as ever, having encountered worse shifting on Goa’uld motherships.

“Major Katsuragi. Did you bring any additional weapons with you?” The Jaffa asked the slightly-dazed looking NERV officer.

“Ah… No. Not enough room,” she shrugged apologetically. “Still, Shinji’s been able to defeat an Angel with just a prog knife.”

“True, but perhaps they could use more support?” Carter offered, looking over at Jack. The general grinned.

“Roger that. Major, mind accompanying us to the hanger deck?”

“What?! I’m not letting you off this ship! I’m not letting you have any of my aircraft!” The admiral feebly protested. O’Neill rolled his eyes.

“Relax, admiral. We’re just taking one of our… Craft. Anyway, shall we?”

---

The radio crackled in Zero Four, startling two of the three boys inside. Jack calmly opened the channel by mental command.

“O’Neill, go.”

Get ready to lick my boots in gratitude, Fourth! Here’s your lifeline!” The image of Unit 02 could be made out to the side of the Eva, just as the Sixth Angel had come about to try and devour the silver Evangelion for a third time.

The Angel knew that the Eva couldn’t operate for long underwater in this mode. All it had to do was knock the pilot about until it lost consciousness from the lack of oxygen. Then, all it would have to do would retrieve it’s-

KROOM! Eva 02 threw a punch into the side of the Angel, knocking it off to circle the two biomechs like a shark.

Here Fourth, it’s all yours!” Jack grabbed the spare cable and easily plugged it in. The cockpit of the Eva lit up, power flowing anew into the humanoid fighting machine.

“All right! Time to kick some Angel ass!” Crowed Kensuke. Touji was still looking green. Jack ignored this all, a small smirk on his face.

“All right, Moby Dick… Time to meet the harpoon,” he whispered, drawing the silver mecha’s single long, menacingly-looking progressive knife. It had been designed by Colonel Carter herself, intended for maximum penetration.

Hey Fly Boy! This one’s mine! Go get your own!” Asuka yelled, using the taut power cable to swing herself slightly as the Sixth Angel came for them. She pulled out her own prog knife, the tiny blade glowing in the depths of the sea.

“Aw, why let her have all the-” Kensuke began to protest, before-

GAH!” The Sixth Angel had rammed Zero Two heedless of the threat it’s knife posed, and shoved the red Eva into the silver.

“Ack!”

“WAH!”

“We’re gonna DIE!”

The two Evangelions struggled against each other, as the Sixth twisted itself into a bizarre kind of spin, almost as thought it were mocking the two fighting machines and their five occupants.

“We’re tangled! Damnit! Stupid Fourth!” Asuka screamed, causing Shinji to cover his ears.

“What? You got shoved into me! Look: Can we please try to work the problem, and not argue?” Jack demanded, over the sounds of Touji hyperventilating in the LCL and Kensuke babbling about how the best way to die was in an Eva.

“Oh great, the umbilical cords are twisted!” Shinji pointed out.

Scheisse. We struggle too hard, we’ll break them! Quit moving, O’Neill!”

“You’re wiggling!”

“No, you are!”

Hey hey hey! Children, now let’s play nice?” The voice of Jack O’Neill Sr. came over the communications link. “Don’t worry, we’re coming to help.”

“Huh?” A moment later, Shinji noticed a strange, cylinder-shaped object coming down from above. The radio channel opened again.

Uh, sir?”

“Yes, Carter?”

“This craft wasn’t really designed to operate underwater.” The Eva’s occupants collectively blinked.

“… Carter? It’s from Atlantis. You know, underwater city?”

“Yes sir, I know, but um… The Jumper was never… Exactly… Designed for this.”

“It’s a SPACESHIP! It can go through the Gate! It can fly through the air! What the hell is so hard about making it go UNDERWATER?!”

Ah… Well…”

“Wait, wait… Let me guess. Cultural thing, right Daniel?”

“Uh… No, Jack. Not a cultural thing.”

“Then what?! Why wasn’t it designed to go underwater?!”

“Um… Because the Ancients used the Stargates to get out of the city, and so they didn’t really need their ships to be able to go underwater, so…”

“Ah ah ah. No. Nothing further. I’m sure it can survive being underwater for a few minutes.”

“Um, sir?”

“No, no… PLEASE, don’t say it…”

“Really sir, it can’t-”

“La la la la, not listening!”

“SIR!”

“Dude. Your uncle’s a whack job,” Touji noted. Jack rolled his eyes.

Wait! Wait! I think I’ve got an idea,” Misato broke into the conversation. “General, does this ship have any weapons?”

“A couple…”

Fire them at the Angel. Asuka, Jack, be ready on my signal, okay?”

“To do what?” Asuka asked, blinking.

To plunge your knives into the core of the Angel, at the same time.”

“And we’re supposed to do that tangled, how?” Jack asked.

Simple. Just ram the knives down when the Angel swallows you.”

“WHAT?!” Screamed every teenager aboard the two Evangelions.

Relax! It’s foolproof! It’ll work, trust me.”

“Carter? What do you think?”

“Well sir… Considering how maneuverable the Angel is, it seems this is the only way to catch it.”

“By fishing for it, right?”

“Exactly!” Misato exclaimed.

“There is the little wrinkle of being swallowed, by an Angel,” Asuka complained.

You want to drown? Even with the power cable, the LCL will only be able to re-oxygenate for a few minutes more at least,” Misato warned.

“Ah, so that’s why they can’t operate in all environments,” confirmed Daniel. “That makes sense.”

Really, Daniel?” Misato cooed.

Ah… Nevermind.”

“Look kids-We’ll get the Angel’s attention. Just… Wiggle. Think like a worm.”

“I have to think like Sorhyu/O’Neill?” The Second and Fourth children asked at the same time.

“HEY! You stole that!” They shouted at each other again.

“No, you did!” They accused in synch.

“This is creepy,” Shinji noted.

All right, here we go,” O’Neill announced. The tiny Ancient Jumper maneuvered sluggishly past the tangled Evas, and launched a pair of glowing yellow probes. They maneuvered through the water with relative ease, both ramming into the Angel and knocking it off-balance. Enraged, the gigantic creature rushed forward. The Jumper hid behind the Evangelions.

They did it,” Jack said innocently over the radio.

Gee Jack, a giant alien fish is really going to believe you,” Daniel drawled.

Wouldn’t be the first time, Danny-boy.”

The Sixth Angel heeded none of the confusing chatter from the small human vessel. All it saw were the dangling Evangelions. It opened it’s giant, tri-jawed mouth and lunged forward.

“AAAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!” Screamed the teenagers, as they were engulfed by the Angel. The Ancient Jumper skittered away, barely avoiding a similar fate. For a few moments, the Angel continued slurping up the power cable, completely ignoring the Jumper.

“Wait… Wait for it…” Misato murmured, her eyes locked on the gigantic creature. The bright red core was still visible… Still whole…

The Angel paused, then began to writhe. It shuddered. The core seemed to be trying to push it’s way out of the creature’s belly.

Finally…

Nnnnnn… The Angel moaned, a pair of glowing blades breaking through it’s flesh and sending it’s core falling to the ocean floor. The puncture wounds grew, expanding as two Evangelions pushed, slashed, kicked, punched, and even bit their way out of the dying Angel.

YES! IT WORKED! THEY’RE ALIVE!” Misato cheered, as the other occupants of the Jumper grinned and laughed. Well, aside from Teal’c, but he was at least smiling.

Evangelion Unit Zero Two, to Misato,” came Asuka’s voice over the radio, as the two Evas finally ripped the Angel’s corpse in two and freed themselves.

“Yes Asuka, we read you loud and clear! Are you all right?”

Yes. Mission accomplished! It’s dead and-”

NEVER AGAIN!” Shouted a voice over the radio. Misato blinked.

“… Shinji?”

Never! Never again! I’m NEVER doing anything REMOTELY like that EVER AGAIN!”

“You and me both, bro!” Touji shouted. “That was INSANE!”

“Are you kidding? THAT WAS AWESOME! Let’s do it again!” Kensuke crowed.

Let’s not… Please.” Jack Jr. sighed. “I never thought I’d see the day I switched places with a worm on my hook…”

“Well, now you have!” Jack grinned. “You can tell the nice shrinks at the base all about it…”

Fuck you, O’Neill.”

“Right back at you, pipsqueak,” Jack grinned.

“O’Neill. It appears that your hobby has more merit than I originally perceived,” Teal’c commented.

“Maybe not everything he does is pointless,” Daniel added.

“Fuck you, Spacemonkey.”

“No thanks, appreciate the offer though.”

“THAT’S IT! You’re getting an archaeologist noogie, right here, right now!”

“Wha-AUGH! JACK! QUIT IT!”

“NOOGIE!”

“SIR! Hands on the controls please!” Jack pouted, leaving Daniel’s hair a mess over the bandage on his forehead. The archeaologist glared at him.

“You’re so going to get it when we get to NERV.”

“Bring it, Spacemonkey,” O’Neill grinned.

“I intend to,” Daniel returned, smirking nastily. Misato smiled, shaking her head.

“Yeah… I think you’ll all fit in just fine…”

---

OMAKE 01: Analysis

Starring Maya Ibuki and Daniel Jackson

“MAGI! I, Dr Samantha Carter, order you to calculate my love-love ratio! Who is my soul mate?” The computer whirred a bit, before displaying it’s answer. Dr. “Samantha Carter” looked amazed.

“Why, it’s Lt. Maya Ibuki?! She is my soul mate? But how? What about… General O’Neill?” The machine displayed more information.

“Well, that’s true… What about Daniel, though? Poor Daniel…” The computer’s data shifted once more, leading the brilliant, blonde SG team member to look flushed.

“So… Maya is my soul mate? Sweet, loving, dutiful Maya? Oh my…” THe woman swooned, leaning back in her chair and closing her eyes. A cough interrupted her dramatic faint.

“Lt. Ibuki.” Maya blinked at the upside-down image of Daniel Jackson, staring at her. She stared back.

“Dr. Jackson.”

Both stared at each other. Daniel fidgeted. Maya coughed.

“Your, ah… Wig fell off,” the archaeologist indicated, calmly and slowly backing out of the lab.

“… Thank you,” Maya muttered, getting up, quickly closing and making absolutely sure it was locked this time, before going back to her blonde wig and readjusting it.

The computer screen displayed a message from the MAGI’s private inner processing: I don’t know whether to laugh or cry, poor girl…

OMAKE 02: Understanding

Starring Rei Ayanami and Teal’c

"..."

"..."

Teal'c, former first Prime of Apothis, now warrior for the Tau'ri, and currently assigned to NERV in Tokyo-3, stared at the First Child, Rei Ayanami. The azure haired girl stared back.

"..."

"..."

Teal'c had read what little information there was available on the First Child, pilot of the biomechanical weapon Evangelion Unit 00. Apparently she was in the favor of Commander Ikari, though her exact relationship with the man was unknown. Teal'c decided to attempt communication with the strange child.

"Greetings, Pilot Ayanami. Is there something you require of me?"

"No." Teal'c blinked. Rei blinked back.

"..."

"..."

"I am curious. You are an alien being, correct?"

"Indeed," Teal'c responded simply. Rei considered this.

"Where did you come from?"

"Chulak, a world far removed from this one."

"How did you come to Earth?"

"I rebelled against the false god Apothis, in hopes that I could one day free my people from the Gou'ald. I thus joined SG-1 as a warrior towards this purpose."

"Purpose..." The girl paused. Teal'c stayed silent. Rei nodded very slightly.

"My purpose is to serve the commander." Teal'c nodded, unsure of what the girl was getting at.

"Indeed."

"... Before you rebelled against Apothis, what was your purpose?" Teal'c nodded, considering that perhaps the girl was evalutating her own purpose and seeking him out for guidance on the subject.

"To carry out Apothis's will, subjugating and destroying those who would stand against his conquest."

"You... Did not agree with this purpose?"


"No. I did not."

"... So you altered your purpose?"

"Correct. I altered it because I felt that I needed to, in order to free my people from slavery to the Gou'ald."

"... I feel myself becoming more and more unsure of my purpose recently. Did you feel this way as well, before betraying Apothis?"

"Indeed. I was raised to believe that Apothis and the other Gou'ald were gods. However, as I discovered more and more evidence that this was not the case, I reevaluated my beliefs and purpose. When SG-1 appeared, I saw my chance to alter my purpose more fittingly to my beliefs, and decided to try and free my people from their enslavement."

Rei looked down, seemingly thoughtful. Teal'c waited.

"... I see. You have granted me considerable insight," Rei responded.

"I am pleased to be of assistance," responded the Jaff'a.

"Indeed?" Rei asked. Teal'c smiled slightly.


"Indeed."

---