Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ The Ultimate Bitch Fight ❯ The Fallout ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Evangelion, Gainax does, don't sue me.








Author's Notes: I think before I do any story I have to clear a few things up concerning this story. First of all I've gotten quite a few queries about whether or not this is a mirror of a story by Rhine. It isn't. I only found about his fic through a fan review. This may be similar but its not plagiarism. I've been thinking of doing this story for a while the only thing I didn't have was a convincing reason for Asuka and Rei to fight.(That's a Spoiler but you probably guessed already). I started to write when I remembered something my school was going to try, a student auction. My imagination then decided to give me a whack with the idea mallet and out came this story. If Rhine however thinks that this is too close a resemblance to his story(which I read yesterday) then I'll take it down if he so indicates. Second, I've been asked just how much 2 million yen translates out to in dollars. From last check 2 million yen is roughly $20,000 American.


Well since that takes care of the legality and clarification, on with the show.




Ultimate Bitch Fight


By: Epyon Zero


Part Two: The Fallout


As the wave of memories finished washing over him Shinji realized one good thing that had come of the auction. Right after he'd been helped off the stage, which was understandable considering that his legs had about the strength of a bowl of Jell-O, Toji had gone up and had been sold to Hikari for 9500 yen. Backstage he'd turned redder then the curtains when he started thinking about a date with the Class Rep. "Poor Toji" Shinji thought "He never expected that Hikari would buy him." Then again he may have hoped for it, but never thought it would happen, either that or the fact that she wouldn't have paid so much. As Shinji stared out at the brewing conflict before him he decided that a lot of the blame for the actual state of affairs could be blamed on Misato.


2 Days Earlier(After the Auction)


The walk home from school was deathly silent. Neither Asuka or Shinji said anything to each other. Asuka because she was still fuming over the outcome of the auction, and Shinji, because he was Shinji and didn't have the strength of will to say anything to Asuka, who you could almost see the waves of anger rippling off of. When they got inside the apartment that the 2 shared with their guardian/superior Asuka stormed off to her room and shut the door hard enough to nearly cause stress fractures. Their aforementioned guardian Misato Katsuragi was stead at the table, with a cup of coffee instead of her usual beer. The purple-haired woman looked up at him and gave him a wan smile."I take it from Asuka's behavior that school wasn't the greatest." Shinji nodded woodenly and looked down studying the veneer of the tabletop. What's wrong Shinji?" Misato asked a hint of concern in her voice. The last thing she needed was for Shinji to start slipping into another depression. He might have a few psychological problems and some issues with his father, but when it came down to it he was the most reliable of the three Eva pilots and therefore the deadliest weapon that NERV and humanity had against the Angels.


Shinji looked up at his guardian and took a few breaths before he said anything. "Misato do you remember that student auction I told you about?" She nodded, then got up and headed for the fridge for a beer, she had the feeling she was gonna need it. When the Major sat back down Shinji continued. "Well... I...kinda got auctioned..." Misato nodded sagely. "So that explains Asuka's mood." While she wouldn't ever admit it out loud Misato had a nagging suspicion that the Second Child had some feelings for the Third. "Uh, that's not actually the problem." Shinji now began to blush turning a shade of red that rivaled that of Eva-02. "Come on" Misato coaxed "Out with it Shinji, or would you rather that I ask Asuka what happened?" At the mention of the Second Child, Shinji, if it was humanly possible, blushed harder. "Uh..... Reiand Asukabid2millionyenforadatewithme." Misato froze for a second. There was NO way that she'd heard that right. "Shinji did you just say that REI and ASUKA spent 2 MILLION yen for a DATE with YOU?" The Third Child seemed to shrink back against the chair and it was a few minutes before there came a timid "Yes."


There wasn't very much that could rattle Misato Katsuragi. She'd survived Second Impact, being the only living witness, and she'd seen al manner of events during her tenure with NERV but this floored her. The beer she'd had was promptly emptied and another opened. She had 2 more besides that before she considered herself calmed down enough to say anything. She then had the still flustered boy tell her the entire story.


Once he was finished Misato sat back and blinked several times. "Well Shinji, it seems that your stuck between a rock and a hot place. No matter which one of them you pick your going to hurt the other." Shinji knew that this was very, very true. "I know that I like both of them, but its for different reasons. I mean they're both stunningly beautiful, but I like Asuka because I admire how strong she is and the fact that every once in a while I can get a glimpse of what she's like underneath her exterior." An unbidden memory floated up to Shinji's mind's eye, of the night before the destruction of the 7th Angel when Asuka had slept in his room. He'd nearly kissed her that night but he'd stopped when he'd heard her murmur 'Mama" in her sleep. That single word had shown Shinji just how vulnerable she was. "With Rei, I'm not sure why I like her. She's a mystery yes and that's a part of it, but there's also something else, something I can't explain. It just draws me to her."


Shinji's reverie was broken when he heard the tone of the doorbell. Misato, by now on her tenth beer was making no move to get it so he walked over and opened the door. Outside was the figure of Rei Ayamani, still dressed in her school uniform. Shinji blinked before he said anything. "Uh... Hello...Rei, come in." The albino girl moved inside and took off her shoes. "Hello Ikari, are you ready?" Shinji once again blinked. "Ready for what?" Rei looked straight at him and Shinji could see something akin to expectation in her red eyes. "For our date, I did win the auction." It was at this exact moment that Asuka decided to come out of her room. All she heard was "I did win the auction" and she was instantly screaming. "No you Little DOLL you didn't WIN! It was a TIE! You don't get to go out with baka Shinji, I do!!!" Shinji was taken aback by the vehemence in Asuka's voice. Was she really that sore a loser? Rei merely blinked and regarded Asuka as if she were some curiosity in a zoo. "I find it strange, that you would take offense to my going on a date with Ikari. You have said repeatedly that you consider him worthless. Was all of this merely a blind to the fact that you do find Ikari attractive or are you merely being....bitchy?"


Both of the Eva pilots were stunned. Rei never swore. Not even in combat, she'd always been cooler than a glacier. Asuka was the first to speak. "You Goddamn doll. You wouldn't know what to do on a date if you read a book on it! Here's a little hint of what you can do." With that she yanked on Shinji's arm and locked her lips around his. Shinji tensed up and then relaxed as he concentrated on the sensation of Asuka's lips. They were very, very warm and softer than velvet.


Rei meanwhile gave the entire scene a look at would have cowed even Commander Ikari. She was filled with some white hot emotion at the sight of Ikari and Sohryu kissing. "Is this jealously again, or am I angry?" As Asuka pushed Shinji away from her she had a malicious grin on her face. "Humph. Lets see Wondergirl beat that!" Even as this thought gestated in her head. Rei was already in the process of doing just that. Wearing a light smile she very gently brought Shinji closer to her and very softly kissed him. If Shinji had thought the kiss from Asuka was goos Rei's was just as, if not better, considering that after a few seconds he felt her tongue slip in his mouth. When Rei gently released him Shinji slumped down to the ground, his jaw agape and his fingertips brushing his lips. Never in a million, no a hundred million years could he have seen something like this occur. He had just been kissed by the 2 most beautiful, alluring women he'd ever laid eyes upon; And what kisses they'd been. The one from Asuka had been just like her full of restrained passion and a hint of spice. The same thing had occurred with Rei. The kiss had been like her personality, quiet and subdued but full of surprises. "Speaking of surprises, where'd she learn to French kiss!?!?" his mind wondered.


Asuka was blown away as she watched the doll kiss Shinji. She figured that Wondergirl was too shy to kiss someone. Once she'd finished and Shinji was reduced to slumping on the floor. She began to scream her head off and tried to hit Rei. Every single hit was blocked. This only caused more screaming. After running out of breath she changed tactics. Grabbing Shinji she tried to drag him away from Rei. Rei however had a hold of one of Shinji's legs and didn't show any compunction to let go. Before they could rip the boy apart a very sloshed Major put in her two cents. "Uh...before...you2.... pull..... Shin...ji....apart....maybe I can make a..a. sugg.suggestion." Misato blinked several times as she struggled to make the words come out in a lucid form. "Before you 2 try to play Solomon... maybe you should try something else to resolve this." Rei looked towards Misato. "What would you suggest Major?" Misato had a strange look on her face. "MORTAL COMBAT!"


To be continued


Author's notes: Once again I've left you hanging, still this one reveals more of the plot, and it semi-explains some issues from the prologue.


And now.........


Omake:


Shinji's reverie was broken when he heard the tone of the doorbell. Misato, by now on her tenth beer was making no move to get it so he walked over and opened the door. Outside was the imposing of Commander Gendo Ikari. As the form of the terror inspiring Commander entered Shinji felt his mouth go dry. What was his father doing here, he never left the Geofront unless he had too. Looking down at his son Gendo smirked. "Shinji, I'm just here to congratulate you on your excellent choice of women and I hope you get hours of enjoyment." With that Gendo hugged his son an left the apartment. Shinji promptly fainted, from what had just happened.