Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ The Ultimate Bitch Fight ❯ Fire & Ice ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Evangelion, Gainax does, you know the drill.


Author's Notes: WOW! I'm so very overwhelmed. I've gotten a ton of support for this story.
So then I'll give you more of what you want.


In terms of this chapter unless its stated it takes place after Misato's last comment about Mortal Combat.


Massive Crowd: WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The Ultimate Bitch Fight


By: Epyon Zero




Chapter 3: Fire and Ice




All of the sober occupants of the Katsuragi apartment blinked several times before anything happened. Misato, having "contributed" her opinion to the incident between the First and Second Children had gone back to drinking her beer. Shinji was on the floor, still recovering from the sensory overload of being kissed by the 2 hottest girls he knew. Asuka and Rei had taken what Misato had said deadly serious. The 2 adversaries glared at each other from their respective positions, Asuka with malicious fire in her blue eyes, while Rei met and equaled her stare with ice from her own crimson ones. From where he was sitting Shinji could almost swear that he could see lightning sparking and warring between the 2 pilots, a lot like the positron beam has against the 5th Angel.


After a few continued seconds of glaring Asuka sniffed indignantly and headed for her room, muttering under her breath about dolls and strings. Rei glanced down at Shinji and helped him up from off the floor. "I think that I will leave you now Shinji-kun. If I stay longer I may just irritate this more, and I don not wish to cause you any discomfort." Shinji nodded slowly before he spoke. "Thank you Rei. Will you be in school tomorrow?" Rei blinked, yet again she'd found a difference between the 2 Ikaris. Commander Ikari let her go to school to keep up pretenses that she was normal and because he didn't really know what to do with her besides. Shinji on the other hand seemed to enjoy her presence at the school. "Would it make you happy if I was at school Shinji-kun?" This time the Third Child's response was instantaneous."Yes it would make me very happy to see you in school." Rei smiled again, dazzling Shinji with just how much it seemed to light up her features. "Then I will be there." With that the albino pilot gave him a very quick kiss on the lips and then left. The designated Third Child blinked again before he began to blush a shade of red and bolted for his room.


In her room Asuka could hear some the sound of quiet conversation going on outside. "Its probably baka-Shinji and his doll." For some inexplicable reason the thought of Shinji and Rei caused Asuka's eyes to water. "God damn it!" she muttered. "I won't let that little witch break me I won't!" With that she screwed her eyes shut and pressed both of her hands to her eyes to stop the tears. "I've got to think of something, anything! I can't, I won't think about baka-Shinji" Just as the thought manifested itself, another took its place, one from very recently, one of Rei kissing Shinji. It took all of her willpower to keep from lashing out and hitting the wall. Then her brain reminded her of what Misato had said about Mortal Combat. Asuka stopped holding her head as she thought of another image that of her own Unit-02 standing triumphant over the remains of the Eva Prototype. Grinning like some predatory animal Asuka drifted of to sleep, her last conscious thought. "I wonder how many ways there are to dismember something?"




The following morning each of the Children awoke in various states of drowsiness, grumpiness and wonder.


Shinji had slept very, very lightly. His dreams for once in his life hadn't been nightmares. They'd been quite the opposite. He'd spent the majority of the night dreaming about Asuka and Rei, and in one case both at the same time. Shinji had been relieved that Asuka hadn't one of her sudden urges to wake him up since he probably would've died of shame, since the lump in his bed had been nearly the size of his fist.


Asuka had woken up in a foul mood. While she'd gone to sleep dreaming of victory over Rei in Eva combat, her brain, for some unfathomable reason had seen fit to fill her mind with visions of Shinji. While most of them had been fine, like reminding her of the time he'd saved her in the volcano, it had been her last dream that had raised her anger to titanic proportions. It had begun as a memory of her kissing Shinji the night before. After a few seconds however, the fabric of the dream had faded and she'd been replaced by Rei. This had woken the red-haired girl up in record time and she'd run for the shower at a pace that would have shamed a marathon runner, as she tried to mask the signs of tear marks on her face.


Rei had the most pleasant night of the 3. While she'd had dreams about Shinji before, this time her mind had a basis to work from and Rei's sharp mind had gone from there, giving her dreams that would require parental guidance ratings in most civilized countries, and an NC-17 in a few others. When she'd awoken she'd had to strip all of the sheets from her bed, as they somehow had been mysteriously soaked overnight.


After a few minutes each of the 3 Children braced themselves and made their way to school.


Shinji had once read that school was hell. He was now of a mind that whoever had written that passage hadn't been to school in a very long time. From the moment he'd set foot inside of the school grounds he'd been assailed by people asking him all manner of questions about the auction, Asuka, Rei and what he was going to do. Toji had tried to joke with him about going out with them both at the same time, at which point Shinji merely asked about his date with Hikari. At the mention of the Class Rep, Toji promptly shut up and them began blushing, in that order.


While Shinji had spent most of the morning trying not to die of embarrassment, Asuka had been casting furtive glances at the boy, smiling as he continually blushed and scowling when she caught him looking at Ayanami. She had just been ready to send Shinji a death glare, when her messenger alerted her to a new message. Furrowing her brow she looked over at Shinji, who was half-asleep at his desk. "Can't be him" she thought. "Then who is it?" Opening her messenger she clearly saw who it was. <Why do you keep staring at Shinji-kun?> Asuka blinked a few times before she typed her reply. "Gott! If Wondergirl saw me looking at baka-Shinji, who else did?" <What's wrong, afraid I'll steal him away from you?> After a pause she got a reply. <Yes.>


That simple 3 letter word stunned Asuka. As long as she's been with NERV Rei had been nearly emotionless. Yet in the last 24 hours she'd seen her exhibit anger, jealously, and now she was showing possessiveness?? Shaking her head she typed another message. <We'll finish this later. Meet me by the oak tree at lunch.> Asuka waited another few seconds until he got a <fine> and then shut down her messenger and went back to watching Shinji, while she herself was being watched by a crimson eyed sentinel from the back of the room.


The ringing of the lunch bell and the scraping of chairs woke Shinji Ikari from his nap. Looking around he saw that the classroom was empty, he headed outside to eat his lunch. Along the way his 2 friends Toji Suzahara and Kensuke Aida joined him. The trio headed for a quiet spot to eat when Shinji heard faint wafts of conversation from behind the oak tree. He couldn't make out what was being said but he knew the voices. They belonged to Rei and Asuka. Standing up he headed over to see what was going on, Toji started to follow but was stopped when Kensuke put a hand on his shoulder and shook his head.


Reaching the tree Shinji began to hear scattered words. He heard his own name and then he heard the unmistakable sound of flesh striking flesh. Rushing over he saw Rei holding one cheek, a massive red mark marring its porcelain purity. Shinji felt a red haze fall over him, one he'd felt only once before, when he'd fought the 14th Angel. "Asuka, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!" Asuka tried to think of some kind of retort, but she couldn't even look him in the eye, there was too much hatred and anger swimming there. "What in God's name made you hit her! She's never done anything at all to you, in fact she's tried to be friendly to you more than once." Shinji by now was breathing very heavily and both of his fists were clenched tight enough to nearly draw blood. Those observant enough could have said that he looked for all the world like a human avatar of his Evangelion in its berserker state.


The red headed girl finally managed to look Shinji in the face. "Fine You wanna know why I hit the little BITCH!" Asuka yelled. "I hit her because she thinks that you belong to her, that your all hers and that I'm to be left out in the cold!" The German looked towards the Third Child expecting to see him wilt like he normally did when faced by her anger. But all her words seemed to do was make him even angrier. The young Ikari reached out, grabbed her by the shoulder and pinned her against the tree. After a few second of struggling Asuka, had no other option but to look the boy in the face. What she saw both shocked and disturbed her. Shinji's normally placid face was a livid with anger so white hot that contorted his looks into a mask of rage. His eyes however, were what scared her most. They were no longer the deep sea blue orbs she'd become used too. They were now awash in a maelstrom of anger and pain that was all directed at her. Only after seeing his that his lips were moving did Asuka tune in to what he was saying. "...you little stuck up bitch! When are you going to learn that the entire world doesn't answer to your beck and call, and neither do I. If I see you lay so much as another finger on Rei I will personally make sure that you never see the outside of a brig cell again! Do I make myself clear?" Asuka was dumbstruck. Shinji had, never in all the time she'd been living with her and Misato been this angry. Ever! The next thing she realized was that he'd just insulted her very badly. Shoving him away she brought her arm back and got ready to lay Shinji Ikari out on the ground.


Asuka's fist however never got to its target. As her fist came in towards his face Shinji caught it in a grip that seemed too strong for him, it seemed like she'd been grabbed by the iron grasp of an Evangelion. The next thing she knew, Asuka was lying on the ground, the left side of her face feeling like she'd been hit by a 2 by 4. Shinji had viciously backhanded her across the cheek so hard it'd drawn blood and knocked her off her feet. As she shakily got back on her feet Asuka could feel the tears welling up. "I won't cry I won't cry I WON'T CRY!" With that thought in mind Asuka Langley Sohryu tore off away from the school and towards the Katsuragi apartment with the speed of someone being chased by all the demons of Hell at their heels.


To be continued...


Author's Notes: Well that's it for Chapter 3. I hope that you all enjoy it. Well, What do you think of my story so far? All I have to say for this chapter is "The plot thickens."


Asuka: "What the hell do you mean the plot thickens!!! You just let Baka-Shinji smack me!"
Shinji "You deserved it"
Rei: "Thank you Shinji-kun. You're my knight in shining purple armor!"
Asuka: "Oh that's it get back here bitch!"
Shinji: ()
Epyon: "Oh SHIT!" *Picks up the phone and dials the number for NERV security and the number of the nearest military base.
Epyon: "Get over here QUICK! Asuka's in a killing frenzy again!"
Operator: We'll be there as soon as we deal with Godzilla sir."
Epyon: () () ()()()()()()()()()()


Ok that's enough of that, foolishness, now for the part you all know and love.


Omake:


As she sat in the back of the classroom Rei Ayanami kept her gaze on the world outside the window. Usually she though of nothing or watched the world go by. Today was different. She was thinking very un-Rei thoughts. Most of them involved very gruesome deaths for the Second Child. Her current favorites very pulling off her limbs one by one using her Eva, feeding her feet first into a vat of hungry sharks, and her favorite of all, going to Terminal Dogma, getting the Lance of Longinus from out of Lilith's body and using it to pin Eva-02 to the ground while she crucified it with Asuka inside. As Rei smiled to herself at the images of death, she had one thought. "Who says I'm not allowed a fantasy life?"