Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ What If ? ❯ Double Helix ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Neon Genisis Evangelion: What If?

Disclaimer: I do not on anything to do with NGE and I never will except the story line of my stories.

Warning: This series contains spoilers if you haven't seen the whole series.

Red: If text is in Red it is actually what happened in the series.

Black: If text is black it is the What If ? side off the series.

Episode 4 What If ?: Double Helix

"It's an Angel, Rei launch right away" screamed Misato as she saw the double helix shaped 16th Angel Armisael. 00 and Rei came out of the ground facing Armisael. Armisael split from his double helix form and changed into a long rope. Rei picked up the sniper rifle and fired. After the blast skid past him, Armisael sailed across the sky and through Evangelion Unit 00. Rei made 00 grab a part of Armisael and she tried to split it with the sniper rifle. All three blasts from the rifle didn't make a dent in Armisael.

It's an Angel. Asuka, Shinji, Toji launch now!" screamed Misato as she saw the double helix shaped Angel. Armisael sensed the three Eva's and untangled himself into a rope. 01 and Shinji was his first target seeing how they were the strongest. As soon as Shinji came out of Tokyo-3/ Geo-Front Armisael attacked by putting himself through 01. Shinji screamed as Armisael pierced through all of 01's layers front and back. "Shinji" screamed Asuka as she grabbed Armisael and tried to snap him with her axe. The axe couldn't penetrate Armisael's tough body so she tried making 02 rip it in half. Toji ran to Shinji with his trident and hooked it around Armisael. He pulled it out of Shinji and through it through a couple of buildings.

"Asuka, get in there and take some heat of Rei" screamed Misato as she heard Rei's painful screams. One of the buildings in Tokyo-3 opened and revealed 02. There was complete silence. "Asuka go" screamed Misato again. "It's refusing Asuka" said Ritsuko looking at Asuka's face. "Move, move god damn you" she said as she slammed her fists on the hand controls. Rei screamed again as the Angel began to fuse with her and 00. "Let me go out and help" screamed Shinji to Misato, Ritsuko and Commander Ikari. "Remove 01 from cryostatus" said Commander Ikari looking at his son. The pink cold liquid leeked from the cooling chamber and Shinji was placed in the purple giant through his entry plug. "Eva Unit 01 launch" said Shinji as his Eva left the launch pad and sped towards a troubled Ayanami.

Toji felt his arm tear off as Armisael cut through 03's arm. "TOJI!" screamed Shinji as he stabbed into the inside of Armisael. Armisael made a high pitched scream as the progressive knife (prog-knife) entered inside of him. Asuka came over to where the knife was with 02 and slashed Armisael in half with her axe. Armisael feel to the sides of 02 and 01. "Shinji looked down at his interface and smiled at Asuka's smiling face back at him. The smiling was over when Asuka screamed. Shinji looked down at Armisael and noticed that he wasn't dead, he was two beings. "What? Another splitting Angel" said Ritsuko looking in amazement at the semi-angels. Armisael had stabbed one of him inside of Asuka's leg and the other was headed for 01's head.

"Ikari" said Rei to herself as she turned the self-destruct mechanism on her Eva. A tear dropped over Shinji's face on her interface. Shinji screamed as her Eva with the half-fused Armisael inside of her Eva. The explosion was greater then the explosion which destroyed NERV's second command center which Bardiel (a.k.a Evangelion Unit 03). The blast knocked Shinji's Eva back to Heroshi mountain. The blast tore through Armisael and nearly through the whole of Rei's entry plug. Shinji watched as the yellowy orange beams spread out around him. Ayanami was all that Shinji could think off as he lay on his bed. At that time Shinji just noticed Misato was in the room. He looked at her and she was saying something. He didn't bother listening except he heard the phone ring. He heard Misato scream his name and he got out of bed and heard the news she was telling him. He smiled and started to cry as he heard that Rei had survived the blast and was at the private NERV hospital with Toji and his sister who without Shinji knowing were planning to leave Tokyo-3.

10 Armisael's spread out around the battle field where three Eva's watched in surprise how many Angels there were. "I don't get it. There 8 to 10 angels" screamed Misato looking at Ritsuko for answers. `This is supposedly the second last angel. If we lose this battle the world and man kind will end. "Misato this is Shinji. Please Toji, Asuka and I are asking you to drop N2 mines over the battle field. We'll survive and because the angel is weak with the splitting it might kill it" screamed Shinji as fast as he could as he was holding for Armisaels in his two Eva hands. Misato nodded. Ten army assault plane's crossed over there position and dropped the ten N2 Mines. "Hold on" screamed Asuka as the ten mines landed around them all. The ten blasts knocked apart the three Eva's. Shinji felt the impact and screamed along with the other two Eva pilots and the horrid screams of the ten angels. "SHINJI" screamed Misato as tears streamed down her eyes.