Nightwalker Fan Fiction ❯ A Way Home ❯ Hidden Secrets ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer- I don't own NightWalker or any of its characters!*
 
A Way Home
Chapter 3- Hidden Secrets
 
“My Master?” Riho questioned hoping to buy time.
“Yes, your master. Are you deaf?”
Riho glanced back at Shido. “Uh…. It's none of your business!” Yes, it seemed like a childish thing to say, but that was all she could come up with.
“Not going to tell me, huh? No matter. I have my ways of finding out.” He turned away from them, his cape blowing in the wind surrounding him and he vanished.
Riho sighed and turned to Shido. Shido sat on the ground and stared at her confusedly.
“Shido.” She whispered as her eyes glazed over with unshed tears. Shido stood slowly.
“Who are you? How do you know me?” Shido questioned being cautious of her.
“My name is Riho. I'm not sure if I can tell you how I know you though.”
“Riho.” Shido said trying out her name. She nodded. “So you are a vampire too?”
“Yes.”
“You know how to use your powers offensively.” He stated. “Your master must be kind. Cain never taught me.”
“Yes, he is.” She then winced.
“What? What's wrong?”
Riho's eyes flashed gold. “I haven't fed in a while.” She hissed. She backed away from him. “Stay here. I'll be back!” She jumped up into the air and disappeared. Shido blinked. `Where did she go?'
Riho walked down the street looking for her victim. She didn't like hunting. Shido and her usually fed from Yayoi. She hear humming and a hiccup from her left. She stopped and turned to see a man sitting, leaning against a wall in the alleyway. He was obviously drunk. He had a bottle of liquor in his had as proof and she smiled. `Perfect.'
She slowly walked over to him. When he looked up she vanished as if she was never there. The man stared, confused. A hand reached out from the side and grabbed him by the head covering his mouth to smother the shout of surprise. She bit into his neck and took the blood she needed. The man went limp in her hands and she dropped him to the ground. She stood and headed back to Shido.
Shido sat in the alley alone. This was strange to him. Some girl vampire suddenly appears and gets Cain to leave and seems to know him VERY well, yet he can't seem to recall that he had ever met her before. The “Strange girl” in question appeared next to him and he jumped in slight surprise. She knelt next to him. Shido settled himself again.
“So, tell me what is your master like?”
Riho gazed at him. She spoke the words before she realized what she was doing. “He's a lot like you.” She then turned her head to the side. He just stared at her.
`Well, that's true, but the fact that you are him is you is the REAL truth.' Riho thought.
“Really?” Shido asked.
“Yup!” Riho smiled.
“Where do we go now?” Shido asked.
Riho shrugged. “I don't know, you know this place better than I.”
“I just want to know something.”
“What?”
“You're not from around here are you? Tell me where did you come from?”
Riho sat there contemplating whether or not to tell him. `Why not? That can't hurt anything.' “Oh, I'm not. In truth I am not even from this time! You see I have no idea how I got here! I am from the future. I was fighting a breed….with y…my master and I took a hit from a beam directed for my master and the next thing I knew I was here.'
Shido stared at her.
“You don't believe me do you?”
“Uh, no. I believe you. How else could you explain your clothes? I've never seen such an outfit.”
Riho smiled. “Right! My clothes!”
“In truth, they are a bit revealing.” Shido blushed.
“They are?” She looked at her clothes. They didn't look revealing to her. “They aren't revealing where I am from. There are people who wear much more revealing clothes than this!”
Shido's eyes widened. Riho just giggled. She then sighed. She stared up at the night sky.
“I want to go home.” Riho whimpered. “I miss…..my master.” She crossed her arms over her chest.
“Riho.” She looked at him. “Why do you always seem to hesitate before you say master?”
Riho stiffened, then sighed. “it's just that I do not call him master. I call him by his name.”
“How come you don't just use his name then?”
“I am afraid if I do it will change history.”
“Is it someone I know?”
She nodded. `You have no idea.' She walked out of the alley and into the street. Shido followed.
“So, where too?” Riho asked cheerily.
Shido shrugged. “ I dunno. Cain usually takes care of that.”
“Hello, my pretty. Did you miss me?” A deep raspy voice softly said.
Riho gasped and quickly looked around. “Show yourself!” Riho shouted.
Shido was confused. “Riho, what's…”
The breed, from before, materialized in front of Riho and cackled.
“Temper, temper.” The breed hissed. He saw Shido behind Riho. “Ahh! I see you found…” The breed was cut off when Riho wrapped her blood whip around it.
“Heh, heh, heh, a familiar face is always nice in a strange place.” The breed taunted. “Too bad he doesn't know who you are.”
“Shut up!”
“What? What will you do if I don't? You can't kill me. I'm your ticket home.” Riho stiffened. She released him.
“So, tell me,” he walked up to her and grabbed her chin and forced her to look at him. “Tell me, what does your `young' master think of you?” His gaze landed on Shido who was awfully confused. Riho growled and moved to strike, but the breed disappeared.
“Ha, ha, ha. Temper, temper. You must have gotten that from Shido. All that time with him, how can you stand it?” The voice faded. Riho stood stiff with her fists clenched at her side.
“Don't you dare say those things about Shido! You know nothing!” She screamed into the night air, hoping the breed got the message.
Shido felt confused, shocked, and out of place. He stood there and listened to the talk about him. The breed referred to Riho spending time with him, but he had only met her a few moments ago. It made no sense to him.
“Riho?” Riho gasped in surprise. She forgot he was there. She had tears in her eyes. She rushed foreword and wrapped her arms around Shido and buried her teary face in his chest. “Oh, Mr. Shido!”
Shido was stiff and unsure of what to do. She was obviously upset and wanted his comfort. He replayed some of the information in his head and bits and pieces fell into place and began to make sense, but he needed Riho to explain a few things.
A/N:
Yea! An update!! Finally!! Yes, I know this chapter was corny and basically a filler, but blame it on the writer's block. I did my best to work around it. Shido seems a little OOC and a bit wimpy, sorry. He will get better in the end, so don't worry! I have and update for Changing Memories coming up soon, so look out for it if you are a fan. Well, I hope you enjoyed it! Review please!