Ninja Scroll Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Deliver Me ❯ Part 2: Misunderstandings and Apprehensions ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Deliver Me
by: Myst Lady
mbmflips@yahoo.com or myst_lady@hotmail.com

This chapter is dedicated to Miss ChiMonz. Thanks for the encouragement. Good luck and remember to keep in touch.

Warning: Fic in slow progress. It's been a while since
I've seen Ninja Scroll. I may not know the aspects of the Japanese culture and their history. I'm actually doing some research. I don't want to be accused of being ignorant.

For those who want to learn more about the movie, Ninja Scroll. You can visit this site: www.arcticnightfall.com/ninjascroll/ninja.html

This site has a lot of wicked cool stuff and interestingly enough offers a little insight to the 2nd movie, Ninja Resurrection: Return of Jubei.

All standard disclaimer applies. Raye Hino/Sailor Mars centered fic.

Part 2: Misunderstanding and Apprehensions


Raye screamed. She was endlessly falling in a bottomless pit. It was pitch black. Unearthly silence. She was cast away into the unknown.

She was precariously close to dying. "No," She said determinedly. She refused to lose. She must focus all of her positive thoughts and gather her strength.

"MARS CRYSTAL POWER!!" Her tactics worked. A planetary symbol reappeared on her forehead. There was still hope of surviving.

Raye flashed a genuine smile. Far below, she saw a tunnel of warm, comforting light reaching out to her...


Tokugawa Period, 16th century Japan


Raye was in deep trouble. She glanced nervously around the unfamiliar territory. She was lost within the parameters of a huge forest. She was even more afraid of possible dangers ahead.

Her face fell in dismay. This school trip was an impending disaster. At fist, She had the strangest apparition with a dead spirit. Then, the ghost kidnapped her out of her own will. "What a nerve!" Raye seethed angrily.

"This is just great!!" She muttered. "What am I supposed to do next??" She fiddled with her wristwatch. It was a communicator given by Luna and Artemis to keep contact with the other sailor scouts. To her horror, the watch malfunctioned. There were too much static noise interfering with the transmission. It was out of range. She threw up her hands in frustration. It was hopeless situation.

Raye moaned and she sank down on the ground. "Come on think!!" She said urgently. "There has to be a way somehow." She sat cross-legged and absentmindedly pulled a patch of grass.

She heard a howl somewhere in the distance. A very peculiar sound. It wasn't even an animal or a human. It was vicious and sinister. Raye couldn't ignore the tingling sensation crawling down on her spine. A warning sign of trouble brewing.

She hesitatingly got up and dusted off some dirt from her school uniform. She froze for a minute. She sniffed. She detected fumes of smoke in the air. Upon her shock discovery, she saw the abandoned temple engulfed in a dust of smoke and fire.

"No..." Raye shook her head in disbelief. "I have to save the temple!" She said frantically. She quickly dashed into action.


~ * ~ * ~


Red drops of crimson blood trickled slowly on Jubei's face. He panted tiredly. He gripped to his trusted katana tightly. From the corner of his eyes, he spotted the poor priestess cowering in a secluded area. Her face completely shattered. Despair, fear and sadness in those eyes.

The intense fighting continued. Even with his perfected sword techniques and combat ability, the dragon continually attacked savagely.

He could only hope that he can managed to stay alive somehow...


~ * ~ * ~


"Stupid stairs!!" Raye grumbled. She was carefully not to stumbled and trip over the grand staircase. She prided herself not to be a clumsy and accident-prone like her friend, Serena Tsukino. Raye grinned wickedly at that thought.

She arrived shortly at the abandoned temple. Her first expression of the temple was exquisitely stunning and transcending. Now, the temple was in shambles. The building was badly damaged and in need of repairs.

"What's going on around here???" Raye demanded. She was steaming mad. She noticed a woman huddling on a corner, sobbing quietly. She approached the stranger.

"Miss, are you alright?" Raye spoke to her softly. The woman turned to face her and curiously stared at Raye's stunned reaction.

"No, it can't be... You're... You're..." Raye's trailed off. It couldn't be true. She was the same ghost that Raye encountered earlier. Those haunting eyes. She was a real person not some figment imagination.

Raye backed off slightly away. Her legs were shaking from her nervousness. A loud roaring sound caught her attention. Raye almost shrieked. It was a monstrous dragon. She sensed bad vibrations, evil energy emitting from the monster.

There was clearly no time for explanations. It was now or never. She must step in and fight as Sailor Mars, the mighty warrior. A dangerous situation. The man bravely fighting against the dragon, was now severely beaten.

"Mars Crystal Power!!" She shouted, summoning her powers once more. She felt familiar burst of energy surging through her body. The fiery flames of Sailor Mars...

"Hey over here!!" She yelled, waving her hand to the dragon.

"What are you doing?!" Jubei questioned her. "Get out of here NOW!!' His eyes narrowed. "Stand aside!!" He ordered.

"I know what I'm doing!!" Sailor Mars retorted, glaring at him. "You have to trust me!!" The dragon was gaining speed, focusing its attack on Sailor Mars.

"I call upon the power of Mars..." She chanted. Her eyes were closed, fully concentrating on her powers. She held out a sticker talisman. It had a Japanese written on it. "EVIL SPIRIT DISPERSE!!" She released the small scroll in the air. The scroll flew towards the dragon's face. A direct hit. The dragon was paralyzed and crashed as it landed on the ground.

"MARS FIREBIRD STRIKE!!"

The dragon hissed sharply from the stinging pain. A rim of fire surrounded the enemy. The dragon struggled to entangled itself.

"Well?? What are you waiting for??" Sailor Mars snapped at Jubei, rather rudely. "Come on!" Jubei absolutely looked puzzled and perplexed.

"Right," Jubei replied grimly, nodded understandably. Taking her cue, he made his move. In a fast sweeping motion, he struck down the enemy...


Five minutes later has gone by, Raye and others recovered quickly from the attack. Raye was now an ordinary high school student. Although, she was a little worried about revealing her secret identity to a completely strangers. She helped saving their lives. She didn't know whether she could trust them or not. She was cautiously on guard.

"You could have been killed!!!" Jubei accused her. "Have you lost your mind?"

"You son of a bitch!!" Raye swore, unlady-like manner. She can barely hold her temper anymore. She shot daggers at him. "What the hell is your problem? I just helped you!! You should be thankful that you're still alive!!"

"You shouldn't have interfered!!" Jubei exclaimed. "I was managing on my own!" He placed his kitana behind him.

"Yeah right!" Raye scuffed. "Your damned pride huh??"

"Please no more fighting!" The shinto priestess pleaded to them, trying to settle their argument. "We should be all happy and be thankful to the gods that we were spare."

"I'm sorry," Raye sincerely apologize for her brazen behavior. "I didn't mean to yell. My name is Raye Hino. I happen to pass by this temple when it was under attack." She explained.

"I am Himeko Okurama." The girl graciously bowed to them. "I am eternally gratefully to you..."

"Jubei Kibagami." Jubei answered roughly. He was tired, swiping the tiny beads of sweat from his forehead.

"Did you say your name was Jubei???" Raye repeated as if she didn't heard him correctly.

"Yes..."

"Oh," Raye felt slightly nauseated. She remembered seeing his name marked on the grave this morning. This wasn't just a coincidence or is it? There were too many questions left unanswered. Why was she here?

To be continued...