Okage, Shadow King Fan Fiction ❯ ETERNAL ❯ Heartbreak ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
Cover her face,mine eyes dazzled.She died young.
        The ME covered the young girl's body. The crime scene was crowded with curious people, just like moths attracted to light. It reminded him of  a poem, 'Death in the Opposite House'. Death is just another topic to be gossiped about. How insensitive people could be. He drew out a cigarette and lighted it with his Zippo lighter. His partner used to snickered when he drew out the Zippo with its BOTI design. "What're you? 35? And you're still a sucker for cartoons and comics".
 
He exhaled the smoke while pondering about the dead girl.
 
"Her sternum was crushed. The killer must be hell of a strong guy. He took her heart too".
Dr Robert drunk his coffee and resumed,"There's no sign sex assault. I'll send you the autopsy report as soon as I could".
The body was loaded up into an ambulance and was driven away to the nearest morgue, Chatallham.
 
 "Take your time.Maybe i'll drop by at the morgue to collect it myself ."  The doctor went into his car and tailed the ambulance that just went away.
 
He was looking up at nothing and mused away in deep thought while puffing small clouds of smokes when he felt a tap on his shoulder.
"Hey Ray! You look like crap".
 
"I've got a body here".
 
"No wonder. Heh.. same poop different day".
 
The detective gave a short laugh."That's right. And no sleep tonight".
 
The woman took off her sunglasses and started to brush off some imaginary lint on her suit. Her name's Riana. She's 5'6, with a lithe figure that reminded him of a slick panther. One can never dismissed her from the memory easily. Her peculiarity in terms of fashion style made her memorable- she wears sunglasses all the time, even at night.
 
She took a cursory look at the crime scene.
 
“Not much blood spilled. Hmm..it's rare to find killers that have a degree of intelligence in their mind.”
 
"The killer took her heart out. No sign of molest or torture."  
 
"That's all?"
 
She walked up and down the area scanning for hidden clues on the crime scene with her ultrasensitive senses. “ Rule out werewolf. It's too clean for a mutt's job….and vampire sucks the blood out of his victim.”
 
"I can only think of dark occult in this. There is a similarity in this with the Abydos case before."
 
 
Shaykryn, a demented cult leader reseructed Abydoss, one of the fallen angel which,  served the Syamyn, another name for the Satan. The fallen angel killed innocent people-mainly vagrants  who came to the church where he was chained, crushed the victim's sternum and took out the heart. The case was unsolved due to the death of Shakryn by Abydoss and the death of Lyke, one of the elite officer from Investigator For Supernatural  Occurence & Ritual Crime department. The fallen angel was managed to be vanquished but for a high price. Lyke was one of the best operators that they had. His body couldn't be found after that and his death could only be proved by a survivor from the incident who testified he was killed when he imprisoned Abydoss. The church, meanwhile was destroyed in the battle.
 
Ray snorted. “ If he's a smart guy, then he should know better to play Scrabble at home, snug and safe rather than killing girls in alleyways.” He put his hands in the back pockets of his gray trouser to warm them up.
 
She laughed. “ Playing Scrabble is sicker. Murder has much more excitement to offer.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“This is weird.”
 
She frowned half an hour later. “It's too clean here. No scents of the killer or any particular scents of misplaced objects and other environ. “ She was perplexed by her discovery.
 
“Maybe you're getting old and your senses aren't as sharp as before. “ His comment was rebuked by her hiss.
 
“Think before you speak, old bat.”
 
She bit her fingernail. “I have already scanned the whole place and there is nothing. This is too good to be true. There is no way that a being can extinguish his scent. Even if it is possible, there should be scents from the place or object that he touched that cling to his physical body.”
 
Ray pulled his hands out of the pockets and sighed. “Well, this killer just did that.”
 
An officer rushed towards them. "There is an emergency, Lieutenant Ray.Another murder was reported just now. It's only three streets away, sir."
 
"Hell," Ray muttered.
 
Raina looked at her and shrugged, "Well, Ray boyo, we have another murder to attend to."
 
She walked towards his battered Mustang. "Let's go."