One Piece Fan Fiction / Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Ultimate Cruise ❯ Ehedren—The Lean, Mean, Shapeshifting Double Team! ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own One Piece, Teen Titans, or any characters or elements contained within. I believe these can be credited to the geniuses Eiichiro Oda [author and artist of OP], Marv Wolfman and George Perez [respective author and artist of The New Teen Titans comic of the eighties], and Glen Murakami and his talented crew [the staff of the Teen Titans animated series, the Titans version which this story is based off.] Thanks for developing these wonderful characters I have the pleasure of using in this story!
 
Any original characters, however, belong to Pivitor. Remember it!
 
 
The Ultimate Cruise:
One Piece meets Teen Titans
 
Chapter 18: Ehedren—The Lean, Mean, Shapeshifting Double Team!
 
Tony Tony Chopper fell from the impression his smoking body had made in the wall. His green companion, however, had his eyes set only upon the force that had sent him there.
 
“What the heck?” Beast Boy's eyes moved slowly up and down as he examined the strange weapon Ivan how held. The Iso-jin's tunic now glew red, its already bulky surface growing even larger as the clothing seemed to take on a stone-like texture—similar to that of the Stone of Iso Toa.
 
The old man lowered his arm, red energy still sparking as it surged from the tunic's shoulder to his wrist, where it formed a cuff made of the same stone as the tunic. “Don't you remember when Mother told you of the last fragments of the Great Power that she gathered?”
 
Ivan was met by a bewildered expression. “No, not really.”
 
“Yes, you were no doubt distracted by Chiyu.” His response elicited a growl from Beast Boy.
 
“No.” Suddenly, the changeling's voice dropped. “Just Terra.”
 
“I remember them.” Chopper said, lumbering to his friend's side while still in his massive human form. “There was Ian's sword, Eehuah, and the boat, Ehever, right?”
 
For once, the old man actually smiled. “Indeed—finally, a smart one.” He then proceeded to pat his chest. “Well, this tunic is the final relic of our Great Power—the armor, Ehedren!”
 
“Armor?” Beast Boy asked, his pointy ears perking a bit. “Ha, you're scared of us! You can't do anything but defend in that armor!”
 
Ivan's jaw clenched, but before he could even rebut that point Chopper spoke up. “But you saw what he did to me! That thing's got power!”
 
The Titan raised an eyebrow, whispering, “Of course I did! Haven't you ever heard of bluffing?”
 
“Oh, yeah!” Chopper exclaimed. “Like lying, right?”
 
Suddenly, both fighters were sent flying by another spark of red energy.
 
“Enough of you!” Ivan exclaimed, his face frightening enough to spook a ghost. “Mother needs you dead! The longer you talk the longer I keep her waiting!”
 
“Man, enough with the old hag already!” Beast Boy exclaimed, rubbing his head as he recovered from the Iso-jin's attack. “She's all you ever talk about!”
 
Ivan's jaw fell. “WHAT?!”
 
However, if Beast Boy even realized the button of Ivan's he had just pressed, he didn't let on. “Anyway, I got somewhere to be too!” An image of Terra again flashed though his mind. “Hey, Chopper! Let's kick the old man's butt!”
 
“Got it!” Tony exclaimed, pulling a yellow orb from his backpack.
 
With a roar Beast Boy leapt forward, taking the form of a ferocious green tiger.
 
“RUMBLE!”
 
Crushing the Rumble Ball between his teeth, Chopper's muscular human point suddenly shrank down as he switched to his Jumping Point. The nimble reindeer legs pushed his aerodynamic body past Ivan. The Iso-jin's gaze followed the pirate, giving his teammate ample opportunity to attack.
 
The tiger pounced down at the old man, its claws tearing right into the Ehedren armor. However, instead of sending blood flying only the attacker was; Beast Boy resumed his human form as he flew backwards, skidding across the ground while cradling his hand, which throbbed red.
 
“Man, that armor's as hard as a rock!” Beast Boy raised an eyebrow as he gave the relic a second look. “Oh yeah, I guess that's the point.”
 
Meanwhile, Ivan's stalwart gaze followed Chopper, all-the-while aiming his arm. “Crimson Nightmare!” Another cracking blast of energy flew from the band, but it never even got close to the doctor as Chopper's legs again tapped the ground, hurling the reindeer into an arcing jump. In almost an instant he was looming over the Iso-jin.
 
“Arm Point!” he exclaimed as his arms instantly bulked up—the muscles growing so large they nearly exploded. Those muscles drove one of his hooves towards his opponent's head. “Kokute Roseo!”
 
More energy flowed down Ivan's arm and to the band around his wrist. As more energy amassed in the glowing accessory, it grew in size, until it had become a giant, circular shield that covered the entire length of his arm.
 
One quick swipe of his arm put the shield between Chopper's hoof and any part of Ivan. “Security Gauntlet…Crush!” The Iso-jin's arm continued his sweep, and Tony was driven into the floor.
 
Energy now traveled down Ivan's other arm, forming a gauntlet identical to the first. Red electricity sparked from it as he held it above the reindeer's head.
 
“Leave him alone!” Before Ivan could even identify from where the demand came from, he was sent soaring by the charge of a giant green elephant. Without even a second's pause the elephant shrank into a raven, which spiraled towards the still-reeling Iso-jin.
 
However, Ivan's flight was put to an abrupt end as he was driven into the ground by the massive, spiked tail of a Stegosaurus. Beast Boy's extinct form then shrunk to that of a gorilla's as it hit the ground, settling its gargantuan grip around the Iso-jin's head as he lifted him from the floor.
 
However, as the gorilla's super-human hands moved to crush his opponent's skull, the attempt was halted by a blinding red light. Realizing this couldn't be good, Beast Boy again tried the same attack; however, this time even the gorilla's grip wouldn't budge.
 
Ivan's head was now covered by a knight's headplate, and it was just as invulnerable as the rest of Ehedren.
 
“You fool!” Beast Boy now felt the palm of Ivan's hand resting upon his primate chest. “Those who dare to insult our great Mother will feel the full wrath of my invincible armor!” With a flash the Teen Titan found himself in the wall, back in his human form and spewing more smoke than Sanji.
 
Ivan let his expression of disdain rest upon the fallen hero for a few more seconds before turning away. “Now where's that other damned animal?” he asked, his voice still echoing from behind his crimson defense.
 
“Right over here!” The Iso-jin turned to see Chopper—still in his Arm Point—charging straight at him. “And I'm not going to let you get away with any more of this!”
 
“Nonsense.” Ivan simply stated, moving his shield before the pirate's path. “Besides the will of Mother, I trust in nothing more than the fact that this armor will never let me down!”
 
“Horn Point!” Ivan's rant was cut off by one set of six-foot antlers, which easily brushed aside the Security Gauntlet. The other set of antlers drove itself into the soldier's face, and the reindeer sporting them continued his charge as he plowed his opponent into the very same wall Beast Boy had just fell from moments before.
 
Chopper's eyebrows narrowed fiercely. “Then your trust is misguided! Even if I can't get through that armor, I'll drive you through this wall and into the ocean if I have to!”
 
However, before Tony Tony Chopper could follow through with his threat, he was stopped in his tracks by the sights of Ivan's entire armor glowing.
 
“Crimson Burst!”
 
The red flash surged through the air for only an instant, but that instant was enough to completely immerse Chopper in a ball of energy, knocking him back to where they had started. As the energy dispersed, Ivan was surprised to find his opponent still conscious; Tony had quickly switched to his Guard Point, and was now shrouded in a ball of steel-like fur.
 
Still, the pirate's resilience did nothing to scare Ivan. “Drive me into the ocean? You should know that a user of the Devil's Fruit cannot survive in the ocean! You'd be killing yourself along with me!”
 
“Shows how much you know.” Chopper declared, growing back into his human form. “I know Beast Boy would come to save me, if it came to that!”
 
Ivan just snickered. “And you called my trust misguided? Where is your friend?”
 
“Here!” Beast Boy leapt over the Iso-jin's head, landing before him in a dashing pose. Sticking around just long enough to flash his trademark smile, he then drove the curled horns of a mountain goat into Ivan's chest. His powerful hind legs kept leaping forward, headbutting relentlessly.
 
Here's my chance! Chopper thought, again using his Jumping Point to leap above his opponent's head. “Brain Point!” The doctor's body suddenly shrank back to its true form, but with the power of the Rumble Ball his freakish body was far from “normal”. This Brain Point sported highly increased intelligence—and more importantly, his most vital skill.
 
“If I find the Ehedren's weakness, then you'll be finished!” Chopper put his two tiny hooves together, looking though the gap they created. “Scope!”
 
In the doctor's field of vision, a full-scale radar diagram popped to life around the soldier—whose interest had been aroused by his opponent's statement.
 
“Find my weakness, eh?” As Beast Boy's assault again sent him skidding, he quickly dug his feet into the stone beneath him. With a mighty scream he wound his arm, slamming his giant shield atop the charging goat. “Well, I can't let that happen, can I?”
 
In another flash, the Ehedren had completely swallowed up Ivan's body, coating every inch of him with the stone armor.
 
“Crimson Geyser!”
 
Chopper gasped as the image in his scope was suddenly obscured by a growing pillar of red. That same geyser collided with the reindeer, making him nothing but a steaming pile of fur and completely piercing the ceiling.
 
Then the armor surrounding Ivan's legs and arms retreated, reverting to red energy before crawling back to the tunic from whence it came.
 
Having been knocked back to his human shape, Beast Boy now smiled. “Makes sense,” he whispered to himself, “That armor has no joints. He can't move, so he has to keep his legs and arms uncovered—except for when he channels a lot of power, like with that attack!”
 
Suddenly—with faith renewed—the green shapeshifter charged forward. “So I just have to go for the legs!” Hearing his opponent's plans, Ivan unleashed another crimson blast, but Beast Boy shrank beneath it, coiling his new rattlesnake body and launching himself like a spring.
 
However, with his long range defenses penetrated Ivan simply switched to close-range. Twisting his left arm, the cuff adorning it quickly grew into another Security Gauntlet.
 
“Security Gauntlet…Cymbal!” Swiping both his arms together, Beast Boy now found himself crushed between the two stone shields!
 
Unfortunately, the Iso-jin's attack didn't end here. Both gauntlets now dissolved back into the energy they were forged from; Ivan pulled his arms away, both adorned with the original, small cuffs. The energy still immersed Beast Boy, trapping him within a translucent ball of crimson power.
 
Ivan chuckled, taking his time as he pointed one arm forward. “Crimson Cannonball.”
 
With a booming noise the ball shot forward, carrying Beast Boy into the far wall—where the attack promptly exploded. The changeling collapsed to the floor, gasping for air as smoke billowed around him.
 
“Sheesh, old men aren't supposed to be this tough!” he managed to joke as his spindly green arms finally pushed him back onto his feet. “Getting my butt kicked by a grandpa is embarrassing!”
 
“Really? He's a grandpa?” As the smoke cleared, the Titan could see Chopper standing beside him, just as hurt from the assaults. “I didn't know Ian had a child!”
 
Beast Boy collapsed, but then laughed as he again picked himself up. “No, no…he's just really old—like, dinosaur old!” The hero's expression then drooped. “But he's still really tough. Chopper, you got any ideas?”
 
“If I could find the Ehedren's weakness I know we could beat him, but,” Chopper sighed, moving his gaze too towards the ground, “My Rumble ball already wore off, and I only have two left! With the way he's fighting, I don't think six minutes will be enough for me to get a clear view with my Scope!”
 
However, out of a hopeless situation inspiration struck. Beast Boy's eyes lit up as he exclaimed, “Then this is the perfect time! Chopper, the plan!”
 
“A plan?” Both heroes quickly turned to find Ivan again ready to fight, having intruded through the smoke he had aroused. “Tell me green one, is this another bluff?”
 
“Oh, you'll be wishing this was a bluff soon enough! Chopper, Operation Decoy!”
 
The instant the words left Beast Boy's mouth he was in the air, using the superhuman legs of a gazelle to propel himself. In mid-air he again changed shape, taking on the body of an Octopus. Ivan moved his aim towards the soaring changeling, but it did little good as the Titan wrapped his tentacles around the Iso-jin's head, his body completely obscuring the slits in Ehedren's headplate.
 
Tony Tony Chopper, meanwhile, tossed his backpack to the wall behind him. In one hoof he held his second Rumble ball, while in the other rested a strange green can. “RUMBLE!”
 
“Get off me you ingrate!” cried Ivan, but the Octopus's natural adhesion kept him firmly in place. A smile passed across Beast Boy's face—as much of a smile as an octopus could muster, at least—as ink spurted from his body. The black liquid not only covered Ehedren's headplate in seconds, but just as easily spurted through the slits and immersed Ivan's face as well.
 
The Iso-jin stumbled backwards, his enraged cries growing louder. However, his flailing finally stopped as his anger peaked. “Enough!” he cried; Ehedren's headplate reverted to energy, blowing Beast Boy away as it exploded. With his head again exposed, Ivan proceeded to wipe the ink away.
 
The Titan's distraction hadn't left enough time for Chopper's Scope to work, but as Ivan finally regained his sight he realized that hadn't been the objective of Operation Decoy at all.
 
“What the…”
 
As the doctor slipped his medicine back inside the backpack, Beast Boy sighed and put his arm around the pirate. “I know how you feel buddy. How many green animal-boys have you seen?” Chopper's eyes grew wide; he'd never thought of it that way! “Just remember; with your companions and me around you're never alone! And also—”
 
Beast Boy's body shrunk in a green blur. In only a second he was eye-level with the awe-stricken Tony Tony Chopper.
 
“You're not a one-of-a-kind-freak.”
 
Chopper couldn't believe it! The Teen Titan had transformed into a flawless imitation of Chopper—well, flawless if you ignored the green fur. “Wow, if I spray painted myself we could pass as twins!” the reindeer exclaimed.
 
“That's an awesome idea!” Beast Boy exclaimed, his eyes lighting up. “We have to try that sometime! It might even be better than the old hand in the water trick!”
 
“What the hell?!”
 
Before the astounded Iso-jin stood—not one green Titan and one reindeer pirate—but two identical versions of Tony Tony Chopper, both of them green. Lying next to the discarded backpack was one can of green spray paint.
 
Ivan's eyes were wide in fright—an expression they had taken only a few times in their entire life. “T-there's two of you?”
 
“Exactly!” The first Chopper said, clenching the massive fist of his human point. “You have no clue which one of us is the real Chopper—and thus, which one of us can find your weakness!”
 
The second Chopper smiled. “And if you can't tell who's who, how can you stop the right one in time?” His grin growing even larger, the reindeer pumped his arm into the air. “It took a lot of work to memorize all of Chopper's transformations, but it sure is worth it now!”
 
“Ah-hah!” Ivan laughed. “Good idea, but you just blew it!”
 
That same Chopper sighed for a second, before again lighting up. “Are you so sure?! I might just be acting like Beast Boy to fool you! I might just really be Chopper!”
 
“But you can't be Chopper! I am!” The first Tony exclaimed. A hushed silence fell over the “twins” before he gasped, realizing just what he had done.
 
“Such silly children.” The Iso-jin sighed, crossing his arms. “It needn't matter anyway. No matter what you plan or who you are, there's no way to defeat Ehedren!”
 
“Blah blah.” The second Chopper—who had now been identified as Beast Boy—made the motions of a talking mouth with his hand. “I know you're an old dog, but you need to learn some new tricks! Chopper, let's mix him up!”
 
With a nod, both Choppers shrank to Jumping Point and performed a back flip; pushing their hooves off of their friend's back, they were propelled to opposite walls. Ivan kept his eyes locked on the true Chopper—whose Scope was the only threat in this entire battle—but things soon became quite hard to follow.
 
Both fighters leapt to opposite walls, and as their powerful legs touched against them, they again launched towards each other. The two Choppers soared past each other, bouncing against the same wall their counterpart had just moments before. Again they met in the middle of the room, this time linking their arms and going into a dizzying spin instead of continuing their flights.
 
The spin slowly descended the blurred reindeers to the ground, and as their momentum finally ran out, they both touched the ground. The unparalled strength of Jumping Point's legs propelled the two forward, while the saved momentum of the previous spin kept them whirling in circles towards the shocked Iso-jin.
 
Damn! Ivan thought as the assault drew closer. Not only did their little acrobatics show let them swap places so quickly that I lost track of which one was which, but they used its momentum to supercharge their attacks!
 
With less then six feet between the three—and the distance rapidly closing—both Choppers switched to Arm Point, further boosting the next attack's force.
 
“Kokute Roseo Kachuu!”
 
However, while wearing the ultimate armor Ehedren Ivan wasn't going to let himself be harmed!
 
“Defensive Eclipse!” cried the Iso-jin as his armor responded with another flash of red. For the second time in the battle Ivan had hidden behind a full-body shield of enforced crimson rock. Two hooves—their power backed not only by Arm Point's massive muscle size, but also by the twisting reindeer to whom they were attached—connected with the relic; just the force of the impact shattered the stone beneath them.
 
The twin Choppers landed easily, most of their inertia passed to the target. Though unharmed, Ivan was hurled—not into—but through the far wall, which had finally given out after receiving so many attacks.
 
Ivan was now in a smaller, darker cavern, but he didn't remain there for long. The identical shapeshifters had taken their reindeer shapes, dashing in for another attack. While some of Ehedren again retreated to allow movement, a new plate formed around the Iso-jin's feet.
 
“Tremor Dash!” Crimson energy exploded from the old man's feet, propelling him through the hole his very body had created only moments before and straight into the reindeer.
 
However both heroes held on valiantly, digging the massive feet of their human forms into the stone. As the flights of the three combatants came to an end, the improved speed of Ehedren's newest upgrade allowed Ivan the first hit; another Security Gauntlet formed on his arm, and he bashed one of the Choppers into the ground like he was smashing a fly.
 
Unfortunately for Ivan, before the attack was even over he was heard screaming for his life as the other Chopper—in tiny Brain Point—hung from his exposed arm; the pirate's impressive teeth were sunk deep into the old man's flesh.
 
“Way to go buddy!” As Ivan's sight drifted below him to the source of the congratulations, he would regret attacking that reindeer. The fallen shapeshifter now sprang from where he had been knocked beneath the Iso-jin, arm winding dangerously.
 
Had the eclipse not reformed Ivan's headplate, the Arm Point uppercut probably would have snapped his neck. As it was, the intimidating attack sent the soldier soaring towards the roof. The second Chopper finally abandoned his perch on the victim's arm, instead flinging himself above Ivan.
 
Instantly switching to Human Point, the Chopper drove both fists into the Iso-jin's stone-clad back, piledriving him back to the ground.
 
Ivan moaned as he pulled himself back onto his feet. “Thank goodness for Ehedren—once again Mother's gift has protected me.” Suddenly he heard the pattering noise of feet charging, and looked up to see one of the Choppers charging.
 
“Stop wasting my time!” the Iso-jin cried, snapping his arm forward to fire a powerful blast. However, the limb was knocked aside by a giant set of antlers, but if Chopper thought he had gained the advantage he was sorely mistaken.
 
With his other hand Ivan took a firm grip on the trophies-in-making. In a red flash his energy shot through them, zapping the reindeer with the full-force of his Crimson Nightmare. With a gasp the hero retracted to Guard Point, but this was perhaps a worse move in itself; with Ivan's hold still on the antlers, he just drew himself in closer!
 
Realizing his advantage Ivan snickered, increasing the force of his attack and sending the Chopper reeling. However, in mid-air the fighter switched to Arm Point, flipping and landing in a fighting pose.
 
“Even if you're winning, even if I don't stand a chance, I won't give up!” he declared. “I don't know why you're fighting us, but you picked the wrong day to stand in our way!”
 
The old man smiled, amused by his opponent's feeble attempt at confidence. Tapping his knuckles against on his chest, he began, “Boast all you like, it hasn't made a difference so far. Why don't you make me believe those words?!”
 
Answering with a nod, the Chopper charged forward.
 
“Crimson…”
 
“Kocootie…”
 
The Chopper suddenly stopped in his tracks, staring at his own bulked arm. “Wait a second, that's not right, is it?”
 
“Don't worry, BB!” With a gasp Ivan turned to see Tony Tony Chopper standing behind him, in his dangerous Brain Point. He lowered his hooves, slowly growing into Jumping Point. “It doesn't matter now that I've finally got his weakness!”
 
With a laugh the confused Chopper shrank into its true body—returning to Beast Boy's human form.
 
“I was getting bored with just those seven transformations anyway.” he joked.
 
However, Ivan was anything but bored—he was beyond even frustrated. He was furious.
 
“That's it!” he exclaimed, thrusting his hands in opposite directions, with both teammates in his sights. “Your futile endeavors will end here! You'll play me for a fool no longer!”
 
“Chopper, whatever you need to do, do it fast!” the changeling commanded just before taking a bird's shape and soaring above a sparking blast. In mid-air, however, he shifted to the form of an anaconda—before Ivan could even react, he was constricting the old man's legs.
 
“Just as with the horns, that's not very smart!” Ivan cried as energy sparked down his legs, sending a powerful current through the king of snakes.
 
“No, it's not smart to mess with my friends!” Chopper exclaimed, soaring above the Iso-jin. “Leave him alone!”
 
Ivan's eyebrows slit low. “This is getting old! This will be the blow that finishes you: the Ultimate attack of Ehedren, the ultimate display of Mother's power and my faith in her!”
 
The gauntlet on his left arm reverted to energy, which instantly began sizzling and circling his arm. Energy quickly expelled on his other arm, doing the same. Chopper's eyes shot open wide at the sight. “Crimson…” Suddenly, he clapped his hands together. “…DAMNATION!”
 
Deadly red flames filled the air, soaring towards the reindeer. Without even a second's hesitation he shifted to his human form, using its greater weight to fall to the ground, and then to his tiny Brain Point.
 
The flames of Crimson Damnation tore into the wall, completely searing through it. Finally the attack subsided, and Ivan released a long-pent breath.
 
However, his relief was suddenly cut short as Chopper got back to his feet, wiping the only effects of the attack—a small ember—from his blue nose. “You can't do that again, can you? At least not before I can stop you!”
 
With an agitated roar Ivan decided to prove that wrong, again throwing his arms backwards as energy amassed around them.
 
Chopper, meanwhile, charged forwards, taking Human Form as he grabbed both of Ivan's exposed biceps with his massive hands. The energy from his attack now flowed through the doctor instead—that doctor, meanwhile, swung his body like a monkey, resting his feet against the stone at the top of the Ehedren's tunic.
 
Ivan actually looked scared. “W-What are you doing?”
 
“That crystal contains Ehedren's power granted by the Stone of Iso Toa—and controlled by you!” Chopper said, his speech slurred somewhat by the energy flowing through his body. “I've created a circuit, looping the energy from your attack back into the crystal instead of to the appropriate part of the armor! If you keep sending energy to it, it'll overload!”
 
“Nonsense!” Ivan declared. “You—you're trying to scare me!”
 
Chopper just shook his head. “Not only did my Scope find this weakness of Ehedren, but if found yours as well!” As soon as Tony's declaration left his mouth, a spark of red energy flew from the crystal. All the energy flowing from Ehedren suddenly ceased, and Chopper fell backwards—finally free. The green anaconda working to restrain the Iso-jin too was released, reverting to his human shape.
 
“That's your pride.” Tony Tony Chopper sighed, rising to his feet. “You'd never let yourself admit that your armor has a fault—that your Mother could be wrong!”
 
Ivan's jaw hung almost to the ground as he stared at the warrior who had just shorted his invincible armor. His arms—as if taking on a mind of their own—felt feebly up and down his tunic, searching for a sign of life.
 
“That'll teach ya, you cocky old geezer.” Beast Boy laughed. “Chopper, finish it!”
 
“Right!” Chopper's chest shrank and his jaw slackened as he shifted to Arm Point. Focusing his arms forward, his human hands morphed to tough hooves as the muscles in his arms bulged to outrageous proportions. He held his wrists together, positioning his two hooves in a `X' shape. Ivan had no time to react as he shot forward in a blinding flash of spraypainted-green fur.
 
“Kokute Cross!”
 
Chopper now stood in the same position behind the Iso-jin, smoke pouring from both figures. With a blinding flash the crystal exploded, and in the time it took for Ivan to collapse to the ground his entire tunic—and all other remnants of Ehedren—had dissolved.
 
The doctor too shrank back to his Brain Point, having diminished all the power of his Rumble Ball.
 
“You did it!” Beast Boy exclaimed, lifting the tiny creature into the air and spinning him. “You were amazing!”
 
“Thanks!” Chopper returned, “But I couldn't have done it without your plan and your acting skills!”
 
The Titan looked puzzled. “But I thought my acting skills did more harm then good.”
 
“Really?” The reindeer looked genuinely confused. “I sure fell for it!”
 
Beast Boy flashed a vain smile. “Of course, that was the plan!” Of course, he was also lying through his pointed little teeth.
 
“…y…you…”
 
Both heroes turned, returning to their battle-faces in only mere moments. Ivan had somehow made it back to his feet, smoke still pouring from his body. With his tunic gone, a physique quite different than what Beast Boy's insults would suggest was revealed—with focus instantly drawn to a set of six-pack abs.
 
“…y…you…destroyed…Mother's armor…”
 
Suddenly, something snapped in the Iso-jin. He disappeared, rock exploding as he drove himself to an insane speed.
 
Beast Boy had never felt something so strong—just the recoil sent him reeling uncontrollably into a wall. Wiping blood from his lip, the Titan searched frantically for his companion.
 
He found him unconscious, doubled over his own backpack. Chopper's medicines were scattered around him for a few feet, including that final, precious Rumble Ball.
 
However, the stranger sight was Ivan. He stood before the fallen Straw Hat, staring solemnly at the unconscious body. While his left arm looked no different from before, his right arm had increased size four-fold, perhaps bulking to sizes greater then that of Chopper's Arm Point.
 
“You thought Ehedren was my only strength?” he asked, his gaze still on the contemptible figure who had destroyed his precious armor. “Think again! That was a gift from Mother to restrain my true, deadly power! You've only made me stronger!”
 
Suddenly Ivan turned, his body shuddering as he lay his sites upon the green child. “You've destroyed Mother's gift! You've forced me to return to my former state!” His fist suddenly clenched as he set his sights upon his only remaining opponent.
 
“For these crimes you will pay dearly! Your life is mine!”
 
Next Time: Rumble!—The Perfect Union?