One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Just My Luck ❯ Report for Duty ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I own nothing, the character in this story belongs to Kurenai Yokomodo, and the plot belongs to me.

Ch.2 Report for Duty



It was very late and Tara was very tired. She had spent most of her day looking for information on her report and didn't find very much. She just had to get the hardest one out of it all. Right now she was taking a break from working and sat in the living room, watching t.v. As she was flipping through the channels she came across a cartoon, and anime to be more exact. It was a new one and everyone talked about it. Well, only those odd people that sat off in the corner in the lunch room. They knew everything on anything about any anime ever.

"Okay, I'll bite," she said to herself.

So there she sat watching the cartoon and trying to figure out what was going on. Let's see here, there was a man with green hair and three swords. Two in his hands and one in his mouth.

"How do you fight with a sword in your mouth?"

Then there was a man with blonde hair, some of it covering his left eye and he also had a curled up eyebrow.

"Does this guy use curlers on that?"

Then there was a girl with orange hair and a tattoo on her left arm that looked like a swordfish.

"Hey, that looks kinda cool."

And then, there was a very hyper man that wore a straw hat and seemed to be made out of rubber.

"He takes the saying... 'I'm rubber and you are glue. Whatever you say to me bounces off and sticks to you'... to a whole new level."

The show seemed interesting enough. But she only had caught the ending of it. She laughed to herself as she went back to her report. This was going to take forever! She had better things to do than work on something so stupid. As it got later in the evening she became tired and decided to start fresh in the morning. Maybe there were a few things she had missed the first time around. So, she went to her room and changed for bed then going to sleep right after. Yes, maybe tomorrow would be better and she would find all kinds of things for her report. But again, as fate would have it, something was wrong. In the living room a strange blue mist came from the t.v. and traveled throught the house. It made its way upstairs and into Tara's room where, like everywhere else in the house, it had made a thick blanket over the floor. Tara stirred awake and saw what was happening and sat up in her bed.

"What the fuck is that?" She asked to no one but herself.

She looked around her room and tried to figure out what was going on. More of the strange mist filled the room and was now pouring over her bed. As it touched her body she found that she wasn't able to move the parts that it touched. Oh no, what was happening? Suddenly a sharp pain came over her body and she tried to cry out but found it futile. Then moments later she passed out from the pain, it was just to much for her. When she came to she found herself on a dock near a couple of barriles. Her head hurt when she moved so she sat still for a moment or two. Finally she felt well enough to get a good look around and slowly stood up. When she turned around she found herself on the edge of the dock, close to the water. She backed away quickly with a silent scream.

"I hate the ocean!" Tara called out as she turned to find out where she was.

There had to be someone who knew where she was. But she found no one anywhere. Looking around more she found that she was nowhere near her home anymore and saw ships near by. Great, she must be dreaming. Tara walked up to the first one she was and noticed the flag on the ship. That was odd. It had the skull and cross bones, but it also had a straw hat on its head.

"That looks familiar."

Wondering what was on the ship she boarded, not knowing that those who owned the ship were on their way back. She entered the deck area and saw ropes and barriels, normal things like that. Then she caught sight of the cabin. Tara walked over and knocked on the door and with no answer she went inside. But she didn't know that the owners were now on the ship, getting ready to set sail. As she went further in she found a room with crates and barriels that were filled with food.

"Here, I'll get it," she heard from around the corner.

"Oh shit!"

Without thinking she opened one of the barriels and jumped inside. Good thing it was empty or it would have been very uncomfortable. Tara then heard footsteps coming into the room.

To be continued...