One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ My time on the Going Merry ❯ 3 madmen ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

AN: I'm so sorry I didn't update earlier. But I had a so-called runsweek (according to my betareader, this is correct, but Word says it should be a runs week. However, I call it a testweek), and it has been a bad one. Hey at least I know I'm better at Dutch Literature than at Maths.

Oh, and I'm not going to let this fanfic be ruined by some jealous stupid freak who thinks I shouldn't write a book (?).

It was Sanji's idea to go outside and meet the other crewmembers. He immediately walked to a girl with red hair.

"Nami-san!! I made a special dish for you! I hope you like it!!"

"Well Sanji, there hasn't been anything you made I didn't like", she said calmly. "But tell me, who's that young girl over there?" She pointed at me, standing there, lost and helpless.

"Oh, that's our new crewmember, Kae. She's very nice, but not as nice as you."

"Really?" Nami walked to me: "I am Nami. Why would you want to be our crewmember? I mean, LOOK at them."

We saw Luffy, Usopp and Chopper, fighting about what looked like food and Sanji running after them. It was a complete chaos.

"Well, I'm not really your new crewmember. I have to go home and Luffy insisted to bring me there."

Nami tried to answer, but Luffy ran over us, wearing a necklace of sausages, yelling: "Hey Sanji, you don't get these back!"

"You BAKA, you nearly killed us!" Nami yelled at him.

"Sorry Nami!"

Nami turned back to me: "You must be surprised we've survived the Grand Line for so long now, because our 7headed crew contains 3 fulltime madmen. The captain on top."

"From what I've seen, you could say Luffy is a bit weird," I started.

"A BIT?! I hope you mean a very large bit. But he's also a good friend, and he still manages to be our captain so…"

"Hey, you said there were 3 madmen and I don't think I have met everybody."

"You will."

"Nami-san!! Kae-san!! Are you OK? Shall I get you some fresh juice to get over the shock? Or would you prefer coffee? I also made chocolate-chip cookies for you."

"Oh, Sanji-kun, that's so sweet," Nami said with a sugary voice. "But don't you think you should get those sausages back? Go on, we'll manage."

"Um, well, I guess I'll go then. Just call me if you need anything. Oh, and tell Robin. I made enough cookies for the three of you," and he ran off to the direction Luffy went.

"So I guess that's number two? Well that isn't a big surprise. He has some weird fixation upon women. Just a little while ago, we sat in the kitchen and I told him he was a nice guy." When I said the word `nice' Nami started to chuckle.

"Not as in would-you-want-to-be-my-boyfriend-nice, but more as in hey-you-are-nice-and-friendly. Well, he thought I meant the other nice, and he made a complete idiot of himself. I mean, his eyes turned into hearts and a river of drool streamed out of his mouth. He's not your boyfriend, is he?"

"Hell no! What makes you think that?"

"Just a question."

"Anyway, you told it so funny. But that is Sanji. What did you do?"

"When he acted so stupid? I gave him a what-do-you-think-you're-doing-look. He stopped in an instance."

"Hmm, maybe I should try that too… Nah, I like him far better as a servant."

"Hahahaha!!" We both laughed.

"What's so funny?" a dark voice asked.

While we were talking about Sanji, we had walked back to the kitchen, where a dark woman sat on a chair.

"Oh, hi Robin. This is Kae, Luffy decided we're going to bring her home. We were just talking and laughing about Sanji. By the way, he said he made cookies for us."

"Then we'd better take them to our room, before the boys find out," Robin said.

"That's a good idea Robin. Here…" Nami started to place the cookies in a small box. "Kae can you hold this? Ok, Robin is there anyone coming?"

"Nope, lets go."

"Nami, you said earlier that there were 3 madmen on board. Luffy, Sanji and…?"

"Zoro. But I haven't seen him for a while, have you Robin? I think he went to town, like the rest of us. He just hasn't showed up yet."

"He said something about his swords. You remember the last time after battle? Chopper made him to lie down, so his body could heal. Zoro told me he couldn't even clean his own swords. Now, dry blood and dirt is all over them."

"Well, he could still clean them, right? It would take a while, but I don't think that red ghost sword will be scared off by a little blood." Nami said.

"Yes, but do you also remember what happened last week, when we saw that purple and pink striped shark?"

>Flashback<

On the deck of the Going Merry.

"Hey Zoro, what are you doing with that stone?"

"Go away Luffy, this is my whetstone."

"Hm. I can't see what is so special about a stone that is wet."

"It's not a wetstone, but a whetstone. I use it to polish my swords, ok? Now leave me alone. If that stupid deer hadn't forced me to lie down…."

"Oooh, a whetstone. I've never seen one before. Can I see it?"

"No you can't. Now go!"

Luffy snatched the whetstone out of Zoro's hands.

"Luffy, I'm going to ask you only once. Give it back, NOW"

"No. I like this thing."

"WHAT!?"

Zoro jumped upon Luffy, who let go of the thing. But the ship started to rock, and the whetstone fell into the ocean.

"Look at what you have done! Now I can't polish my swords anymore!"

"Do you need that thing for your swords? I thought it was a toy."

"Do you think I would play with toys? You didn't listen to me at all, did you? I need that thing to clean my swords. Oh, nevermind…"

"DINNER IS READY"

"Well, they look clean to me, and I'm hungry. Bye."

>End Flashback<

"So he needed a whetstone to clean his swords," Nami said.

"I don't think he will find any in this town," I said. "It's a very sword-unfriendly town. Luckily I have all the things I need to clean mine."

"You have a sword?" Robin asked.

"Yes, I have one. Why?"

Nami and Robin faced each other and then bursted out in into laughter.

"What is wrong with that? Am I weird?"

I only gained more laughter.

"No, there is nothing wrong with you, it's just… it's just," Nami started.

"It's a long story we will tell you later," Robin explained.

"Hey, if you're going to stay here, we'd better get you a place to sleep," Nami said, changing the subject. "We've got a mattress, but no bed, so you have to sleep on the floor. Do you mind?"

"No of course not."

But while we walked to the girls' room, the two of them started to laugh, again!