One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Sitting on the Waves ❯ Reversable Marking? ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
ONE PIECE
SITTING ON THE WAVES

CHAPTER 3
BY
Sgamer82


     A crowd had gathered around the clothing store where Nami’s scream had come from. Sanji was ready to start kicking away everyone who stood between him and the currently-in-distress Miss Nami. Zoro and Robin had to hold him back to keep him from going off on someone who didn’t deserve it. They were able to push their way through the crowd and into the store. There was another crowd in there, gathered by a dressing room. There was definitely someone on the other side of the closed door of the room. They could hear her sobbing.

     “Excuse me,” Robin said as she walked up to the shop’s owner, “May I ask what is happening here?”

     “Dunno.” The man said gruffly, as though he were tired of explaining this over and over. “Some kid came into th’ store and went into the dressing room. Few minutes later, she’s screamin’ and refusing’ t’come out. She won’t let anyone come in either.”

     “Was this person a young girl with short reddish orange hair?” Robin asked. The owner nodded. It was definitely Nami. But what had happened to cause her to behave this way.

     Before they could gather any more information, Luffy had pushed his way into the store. Zoro saw him and asked what he was doing there.

     “I was playing with the kids at that orphanage, and I got hungry. I saw a huge bunch of people here and figured this was the line for meat.”

     “Well, it’s not.” Zoro told him. “Something’s going on. Something’s happened to Nami and she’s holed herself up in the dressing room there.”

     “Oh yeah?” Luffy asked, walking to the door. “Hey! Nami! Why’re you hiding in a dressing room?!”

     “L-L-Luffy… ;” everyone heard Nami’s voice call out from the room, “Is that you, Luffy?”

     “I’m here too, Miss Nami!” Sanji called out.

     Luffy walked over to open the door, but he no sooner began turning the knob when Nami suddenly cried out “Don’t come in!”

     Luffy stepped away from the door.

     “Luffy! What’re you doing?!” Sanji asked angrily. “Miss Nami could be in danger!”

     “She said not to come in.” he said simply.

     “So?!”

     “So, we shouldn’t go in.”

     “What’re you doing?” Zoro suddenly asked. Though he wasn’t talking to Luffy. He was looking at Robin, who had her arms crossed over her chest and her eyes closed. She was using her Devil Fruit’s powers.

     “I’m looking into the room.” Robin answered. With her powers, she had put an extra eye in a corner of the room. She saw Nami huddled in a corner of the room. A look of pure terror on her face. But other than Nami, about seven or eight different outfits, and the shirt Robin had seen her wearing this morning, were strewn about the room. Though not wearing her shirt she saw Nami wearing her bra and skirt, her sandals were in another corner of the room.

     Taking a closer look at Nami, she spotted something strange, but wasn’t sure what it meant. She opened her eyes and looked to Luffy, who was still arguing with Sanji about busting into the room.

     “Excuse me, captain.” she said. Luffy broke off from his spat with the cook to ask what Robin needed.

     “Did our navigator ever have a different tattoo on her left shoulder?”

     “Um… I think so. Yeah.” Luffy answered, unsure of why she was asking.

     “Did it resemble a swordfish?”

     “Yes. Yes it did.” Zoro suddenly answered. He had gotten a good look at Nami’s original tattoo. It was the mark of Arlong the Saw, the pirate who had made Nami essentially his slave for the latter half of her life.

     “Miss Nami had a tattoo, but she had it… altered.” Sanji said. He didn’t feel it was his place to give more detail than that. To tell Robin that Nami had stabbed it off her arm herself in a fit of hysteria. Her current tattoo was in place partly to hide the scar from that.

     “Why do you ask?” Zoro wanted to know.

     “Because, Mr. Swordsman,” Robin answered, “It looks as though that marking has somehow taken the place of her current tattoo.”