One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Where You'll Find Me ❯ Only a World Away ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own One Piece or its characters and Tara belongs to Kurenai Yokomodo.

Ch. 2 Only a World Away


Students quickly hustled to their classes and spoke little as Tara entered the building. They all had heard the story about her disappearance and wondered if any of it was true. But they all were too scared to ask. The teachers were nice enough to let her off on the homework and just let her take up from where they were at now.

"Tara, there you are," called a familar voice.

"Oh, hey there," she said quietly, turning to see her friend run up to her.

"I heard what happened, everyone's beed worried about you and they want to know what happened."

"Nothing happened. I don't even remember so I won't waste my breath saying it," Tara said as she closed her locker.

"Oh, well, maybe you'll remember something. I hope they catch the guy who kidnapped you."

Tara shook her head and went to class to finish her day. At lunch she caught sight of the kids who watched the show and decided to sit with them, if they'd let her.

"Excuse me, but can I sit with you? I think I have something you might want to hear," Tara said as she arrived at their table.

"Sure, what is it?" Asked a boy to her left.

"Well, first I need to know, do you believe that you can enter an anime world?"


With no trace of how Tara had left everyone was a loss for ideas. It was at this time that they had to leave the islands, as much a Luffy said not to. The only reason why they had to leave was because the marines showed up and if they didn't leave they would be in trouble for something they didn't do. Now he sat up in the crow's nest, not coming down, and not know what was going on below him.


"This is amazing!" Eric called. "You actually met them and became one of them. You are so lucky!"

"I know, but I ws wondering if you guys knew how to get that thing to come back, so that I could go back," Tara said.

"You want to go back? Well, we could try to figure it out but we would need to see what you did before you went the first time."

"Okay."

After school Tara led the group to her house and showed them what she did before she was taken to where ever she was taken to. Everyone watched and tried to figure it out but came up with nothing. This was disappointing but they said that they would try their best to figure it out. Tara went to bed that night upset. She looked out the window at the rain, remembering the night she had killed that pirate. It wasn't one of her most fond memroies but it was one she found to be somewhat pleasant because she had protected her friends that day. She slept a dreamless sleep as the t.v. in her room flickered on and showed a static picture.


On the ship, Luffy slept in the crow's nest. He shivered at the cold that settled over the ship as it sailed into a thick fog bank.


Suddenly Luffy woke to find it raining and he sat up to come face to face with a really really big dog.

"Ahhh!" He screamed as he got up and ran over to the nearest tree and climbed it, watching as the dog tried to follow. "Ha ha, you can't get me!" He yelled.

It was now that he took the time to look around him and noticed a window near by. Wanting to know what was in the window he balanced himself on the branch that was closest and peered inside to find a room. He could see light inside and someone in the bed a few feet away. The rain became heavier and he had no choice but to try and open the window and climb inside. So he tried it finding the window open and he went into the room, closing the window behind him. He looked around and saw the t.v. Never seeing on before he went over to it and touched it, watching as it turned off and the room became dark once again. Then he heard snoring and looked over at the bed. Suddenly he slipped on the wood floor and fell on his back. Luffy landed with a loud thud which woke the person in the bed.

"Who's there?!"

"Ouch, that really hurt."

Then a light came on in the room and Luffy looked up to see a boy with short brown hair wearing blue pajamas, and with a very surprised look on his face.

"Holy shit it's you!" Called the boy as he ran over to help him up.

"Who are you?" Luffy asked.

"Oh me? My name is Eric, I already know who you are. Man I can't wait until everyone sees you! This is so awsome!" Eric said as he started to jump around his room.

"Okay...?"

Luffy was now completely confused.

"You're going to come to school with me and meet my friends and..."

"Eric, turn off that stupid t.v. and go to bed!"

"Sorry Jesse! That's my sister, she's cranky. You can sleep anywhere you'd like and in the morning we'll go to school."

Luffy nodded and found a chair next to the door. Thinking that this was only a really weird dream he sat down and tried to go back to sleep but found it difficult. Something was telling him that he was going to get the surprise of his life in just a few hours. In the morning Eric woke Luffy before they left to go to school. They were walking and Luffy was in shock, tall buildings loomed over him and cars drove past. When they arrived to school everyone looked at him oddly.

"Don't mind them, come on, my locker's over here," Eric said as he pushed past a few people.

School was very intresting, chemistry was fun, things exploded there, but when lunch came around he went crazy. Luffy asked to try nearly everyone's lunch.

"So is she here today?" Steve asked as Eric handed Luffy a pudding.

"I saw her in music, she said that she would be a little late. I haven't had any luck on how she got there, or how he showed up. I still can't believe that happened."

"Yeah, I found him on my floor last night."

"Who are we waiting for?" Luffy asked.

"Her," everyone said as they pointed to Tara who was walking over to their table with her lunch tray.

"Tara!" He called as he jumped up and ran over to her, kncoking over several people in the process.

"Luffy?"

Tara couldn't believe it. Suddenly she was grabbed and pulled into a very tight hug, causing her to drop her tray and everyone in the lunch room to look at them.

"Why did you leave? Everyone is worried about you," he said as he continued to hug her.

"It's great to... see you too.... Luffy.... but I.... can't...breath..." Tara said between breaths.

"Sorry."

"How did you get here?"

"I don't know, I woke up in Eric's house and he brought me here today."

"Oh, well that was nice of him. So, where is everyone else?"

To be continued...