One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Where You'll Find Me ❯ Good-bye to My Life ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't One Piece. Tara belongs to Kurenai Yokomodo.

Ch. 4 Good-bye to My Life


The night was a long one for Luffy and very uncomfortable. When morning came Tara had told him to stay out of sight until she returned home from school and to try and not to make too much noise. He said that he would be good while she was away, but she knew better than to trust him. She went out the door and headed to school, hoping that everything would be okay until she got home.

"Tara! Is what they told me true?"

"Is what true?" Tara asked as she turned to see her friend run upto her.

"Those weird kids that sit in the corner of the lunch room. They say that you have one of those characters or something at your house. Is that true? Do you really have one at your house?"

Tara looked around her and saw a group of people around the both of them. Great, just what she needed, questions she did not want to answer.

"No, why would you think that?"

"They said that you did."

"Well I don't."

With that Tara closed her locker and went to her first class. Back at home Luffy was bored. He was sitting on Tara's bed and looking around until he caught sight of her t.v. He walked over to it and turned it on and saw what was on. Yes, this would keep him entertained for a while. Back at school Tara was not in a good mood. In music people came up with songs about her hanging out with the weird kids in the lunch room and other things like that. Tara tried her best to ignore it but it was no use. When lunch came around she left school and arrived home just as her mother was leaving for work. She hid around the corner until she left. When she did Tara went into the house and to her room.

"At least you didn't destroy my room," Tara said as she walked in.

"You're back already?" Luffy asked as he turned to see her sit down next to him.

"Yeah, I'm not going tomorrow. I'm going to stay here and help you find a way home."

"I'm hungry, what's for lunch?"

"Come with me."

Tara took Luffy to the kitchen and made something for him to eat.She watched as he inhaled his food. He looked at her as she laughed at him.

"What's so funny?"

"You are. Do you really need to eat your food like someone is after it?" Tara asked as she stood up to get a drink.

"Yes I do," Luffy stated as he began to eat again.

Tara shook her head and sat back down. Night fell and they went to bed. Tara knew that she wasn't going to go school the next day and she wouldn't go the next day either. She had a doctors appointment for her hand in the next few days. But she wouldn't be going to that either. Tara had gotten up to get a drink, after unhooking Luffy from her waist. She went into the kitchen and got a glass of water. Upon returning to her room she saw that same blue mist in her room and also saw that Luffy was disappearing.

"Luffy wake up!" Tara called, unabled to move from her spot.

It took a minute for it to register but he woke up and saw what was happening.

"What's going on?" He asked as he looked around him.

"It's that mist stuff that brought me to your world, it's come back."

"What does it want?"

"To take you home."

"Why, you're coming too come on."

"I can't move."

"Here let me help."

Luffy stretched his arms towards her as he continued to fade away. He gripped her arms as he finally disappeared and the mist went away. Suddenly a loud thud was heard and everyone was up on the deck to see what it was.

"He's back!" Usopp said as he and the others ran over to Luffy who was laid out on the floor.

"What happened to you?" Nami asked.

"Where have you been?" Zolo added.

Luffy said nothing. He looked around him and saw that he was... alone. He had came back empty handed and it was all that he could now think about. As everyone asked him questions Luffy slowly stood up and went to his room and shut the door.

"What happened?" Nami asked.

"I don't know, but we should just leave him be for now," Sanji said as he went into the kitchen.

It had been two days since Luffy came back. No one had seen him or was even able to open the door to his room. Everyone was worried about him. They had come up with what they thought was the problem. They thought that he had gone to another place in search for Tara but came back alone. They were somewhat right but didn't want to know what was really going on in case he would break down or something worse. Luffy sat in his room waiting. He was waiting for the mist to come back to either take him away or bring Tara back to him. But as the ship sailed on something was following them. It was familar yet different from what happened before. The ship was heading toward a deserted island and this island was surrounded by whirlpools.

"Luffy? Luffy? Are you in there?" Nami asked as she knocked on the door.

"Go away..." Was her response.

"Please open the door. I have something for you to eat."

"No..."

"Damn it! Open the door or I'll break it down!"

About a minue later the door slowly opened and Nami walked in. The room was dark and was oddly cold. After her eyes adjusted to the light she set down the plate on a near by table.

"His he okay?" Sanji asked as he poked his head around the door frame.

"I don't know."

"Why don't you let me talk to him?"

"Alright, and please try to get him to eat."

Sanji nodded as he walked into the room and watched as Nami left, closing the door behind her. Sanji then sat down next to Luffy and took the plate off the table.

"You love her, don't you?"

To be continued...