Original Poetry Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Will We Be ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++
It was early morning and Silver had just had at least three hours of sleep. She watched both the men fall asleep. She waited until Edward actually came back to the camp and made the fire again before Silver had drifted off the sleep.
“Douse the fire Silver.”
Silver obediently threw water on the fire as Edward told her to do it. She did not argue back and Edward did not tried to provoke her.
Garlic breath and Donkey Shit stared at both of them feeling the tension between the two.
All four head back to the castle resting occasionally to drink or rest their foot before setting out again.
Silver and Edward did not talk to each other all the way back to the castle. It had taken them the whole day to make it back and once they got back everyone knew something was up with both of them.
+++
“Knight, bring these two to the cell…I will make a decision on these two tomorrow.”
The knight bowed to Edward and took the two men away. While this was happening, Silver had drifted off to her room.
Edward took one look up to Silver’s window and turn around going to the lake.
+
“Silver, you’re back!”
Erica went up to Silver and hugged her just a little too tight, but Silver did not say anything or tried to push her back.
“Is something the matter Silver?”
Erica stood in front of Silver examining her. Silver smiled back to Erica, nodded her head, went over to her bed, and flopped down on her face.
“Are you sure…you are different from the Silver I know…”
Silver sighed from the pillow. Erica frowned and got angry. She stood up and said to Silver, “If it’s Prince Edward I will go talk some sense into him.”
“Nah uha dahdin du hmm.”
“Silver, I can’t understand a single thing you just said.”
Silver sat up and stared at Erica, “No use talking to him. I should have watched what I said…now he thinks I’m a horrible person.”
Erica placed her hands on her hip, “Then I will talk some sense into him.”
“Erica, if you go talk to him I will never forgive you.”
Erica stopped moving and frowned. She walked over to Silver and sat down next to her.
“For the first time you sound so serious. You must have done something really bad then?”
Silver nodded her head and flopped back onto the bed. She felt too ashamed to talk with Edward or anybody.
Erica stared at Silver for a while before leaving the room to go check on Edward and see how he was also acting.
+
“Prince Edward, you must go take a bath. You just got back.”
Knight Elent stood behind Edward. Edward turned to face Knight Elent and then back to the lake.
“Make sure the two prisoners get food and some clothes. Bath them too if you have time. I want to talk to both of them.”
“Yes Prince Edward…but Prince Edward you need to go---“
“Go now…I want to be alone.”
Knight Elent grew even more confuse and bowed before he left.
Erica came up behind Prince Edward, after seeing what had just happened. She noticed that Edward was just like the Edward before Silver had come.
“Prince Edward?”
Edward turned around and saw that it was Erica.
“Yes?”
“What did Lady Silver do this time?”
Edward didn’t say anything he wasn’t in the mood to be thinking about Silver right now.
“Please leave Erica.”
“I just want to know.”
Edward sighed, “I just want to think right now so leave.”
Erica looked hard at Edward’s back and then turned to go back into the castle.
+
That night Silver did not come out of her room to eat. She locked herself in and did not want anyone to go inside her room.
Luna and Lloyd weren’t back yet and so were James and Geno. The whole castle felt empty and had a sad atmosphere at dinner.
“What happen to Prince Edward and Lady Silver?”
Edward sat up at his table and heard little gossip being whisper across.
“I heard they got into a huge argument.”
“Will it is likely that something like that would happen. However, Lady Silver would apologize and everything would go back to normal yelling.”
“Then something huge must have had happened between those two.”
“I hope it can be solved…the whole castle seems to have a very sad atmosphere.”
Edward placed his fork down and stared at his food.
“If it is sad then I don’t think they have gotten into an agreement. It must be something else more.”
“You are right…it must be something else more.”
“Do you think it has something to do with the two prisoners they brought back with them?”
“I don’t think so. Lady Silver would have scared them off their butts already.”
Edward couldn’t take it anymore and stood up. He felt his stomach lurched and walked out of the room. The whole room went silent as Edward went out. Even when the door was closed and Edward was long gone the people inside the room was still silent soon one by one they just left without eating the food Chef Ivan had prepared for them after a long hard day of work. They all had lost their appetite knowing the atmosphere had changed.
+
“Prince Edward has come to see the both of you.”
The two knights stood aside as Edward went into the cell.
“You two may leave I want to talk to these two privately.”
The two knights left leaving Edward alone with Garlic Breath and Donkey Shit.
“You have told me your companion’s name already. I want to know your name please?”
Garlic Breath stood up and bowed, “My name is Lauren, Prince Edward.”
Edward nodded his head and stared at Gary, “How did you two meet?”
“Gary here had tried to steal from me, but I caught him and wanted to punish him. Though I found out we had both been born from the same village, so I decided to let him be my companion.”
“How old are you two?”
“I’m 26 and Gary is 23.”
Edward stood in front of the cell and nodded his head again.
“Please forgive Silver for what she said. However, it isn’t her decision if you two die or not. It’s mine decision.”
“We forgive her Prince Edward. Lady Silver spoke to us already.”
Edward looked over to Gary, “She did?”
Lauren nodded his head, “Yes, Lady Silver had already told us. She said she wouldn’t kill us. She wanted us to live and repent our bad deeds.”
“She said letting us die would be like giving us the easy way out of our bad deeds. She wants us to live and repent.”
Edward looked at both men for a while before asking, “She said that?”
“Yes, Prince Edward please forgive Lady Silver. She told us she was just too angry and had said whatever came out of her mouth.”
Edward looked at Lauren and nodded his head, “I’m just glad Silver isn’t a manic killer.”
Gary laughed, “She said only if she was possessed then she might be one.”
Edward smiled, “That sounds just like her.”
Edward stood up and was about to leave when Lauren’s voice stopped him.
“Prince Edward?”
Edward turned to look at him.
“We have been thinking…when both of us are done repenting our bad deeds…may we work under you?”
Edward looked at him and turn to face the door, “I don’t know…your fate is no longer in my hands…I just handed it to Silver. However, I will ask her to if you want.”
“Thank you Prince Edward.”
+++
Edward made his way to Silver’s door and stopped in front of it. He raised his hand to knock, but stop.
“Silver, c’mon and eat already! You think starving yourself will help you solve this little problem with Prince Edward?”
Edward brought his hand down and pressed his ear to the door.
“Erica, I don’t feel like eating. Even if I eat it I wouldn’t taste it you know.”
“Excuses Excuses! If you don’t eat I will feel you!”
There was silence and Erica sighed aloud and angrily stomped to the door.
“I don’t get you at all Silver…what is it that made………..Prince Edward!”
Silver flopped down on her bed and hid her face in the pillow. Erica nearly dropped the bow of soup Chef Ivan had made. However, Prince Edward caught it and handed it back to her.
“Erica, can I have some alone time with Silver?”
“Sure…”
Erica left and Edward went into Silver’s room. He noticed how her room was a very rainy day color. Her bed sheets were silverfish blue. The chairs and desk were a dark brown that rather glowed. The carpet was a swampy green color.
“Silver…”
“I’m sorry Edward…I wasn’t thinking and I said it…but---“
Silver had sat up, was talking but slide on her sheets, and fell. Edward sighed and went over to help Silver out of her sheets.
“I know you are…and I’m also sorry. I should have known you and your mouth always brings you trouble.”
Silver sighed, “I’m so very sorry…I feel ashamed and very embarrass….”
Edward laughed, “I’m sorry too. How about tomorrow we go help Chef Ivan cook?”
Silver nodded her head.
“And….Gary and Lauren will be your responsibility tomorrow. You will make a final decision on their lives.”
Silver stared at Edward, “You aren’t afraid I might do something bad?”
“Silver, you may not show it….but I know you are nicer than you think. I wouldn’t have believed that of you this morning, but after talking with a few birdies I really believe so.”
Silver looked down at her sheets and nodded her head.
“Go to sleep now Boy. Tomorrow is going to be very busy for you.”
Edward ruffled Silver’s hair and left her room. He felt happy again and it bubbled inside of him.
Silver smiled back at Edward as he closed the door…Silver sighed still feeling a little guilty but was glad Edward had forgave her for being stupid.
“I deserve that…I wonder what Chef Ivan have for leftover…”
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++