Original Stories Fan Fiction / Horror Fan Fiction ❯ Watcher in the Darkness Book 3: Imprisoned ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Demon, demon, demon. I don't care.

May 7th

If I'd known calling a demon a demon would cause such a fucksplosion, I might've reworded my last entry. But probably not. Fuck demons. I've never seen one-tenth the moral outrage whenever someone called me a bloodsucker, but whatever.

I'd like to take this opportunity to answer just a few of the hate-filled messages I've received over the last twenty-four hours, starting with the ones that called me the fewest names.

Bobbyjoker: “This isn't the 1950's. In civilized society, we don't call black people the n-word. We don't call little people midgets. We don't call vampires bloodsuckers, and we certainly don't refer to every spiritual entity as a demon. You're making yourself sound like a bigoted asshole.”

Yeah, I get that all the time, but I don't care. Demons don't belong on this plane of existence. They all need to go back to Hell. Or Hades, or the Abyss, or whatever you want to call it.

KatAgony: “Where does all of this animosity toward spirits come from? Have you had a lot of run-ins with evil entities, or something?”

Hi. New to the planet? Vampires and demons can't stand each other. Never have, never will. Besides, I don't know anyone that's had a purely enjoyable experience with a ghost, poltergeist, demon, tinker-fairy, or anything like that. They all see mortal creatures the same way humans see fruit flies.

Fairy tales—I'm talking real fairy tales, the ones that haven't been watered down and sanitized for entertainment's sake—are fucking metal. Demons possess people. Fairies kidnap babies. Most of them feed off sorrow and negative energy the same way I feed of blood, so they spread it everywhere they go. Some literally view human flesh as a delicacy.

But I'm the asshole for calling them names? Okay. At least I'm better than this jackass…

RaceWarrior365: “It's good to finally meet someone with the courage to call a spade a spade. All of these (blanks) getting the (blank) man's jobs, these (different blanks) clogging up the social welfare system, and the fucking bloodsuckers that feast on our nation's disenfranchised are not only a travesty, they are a sign of the end times to come. Demons run rampant, but they've somehow convinced God-fearing Christians that they are not the spawn of Satan himself. To not call them what they are is symptomatic of the cancer that riddles American society.

“You may be half-bloodsucker, but at least you're an honest one. Can you enlighten these good people as to how the common man can identify demons on sight?”

First of all, your approval makes me sick. I've already blocked you from ever commenting again, but in order to help someone actually worth helping, I'll tell you what you want to know.

Demons are tricky, and as a human, you're pretty much screwed. Demons have had since the beginning of time to practice blending in, and they are very good at it.

So, how can Joe Average tell if the jerk sexually harassing that girl on the sidewalk is a regular, run-of-the-mill-asshole, or a demon wearing him like a skin suit? The only way a human can tell is by tuning into the other person's energy. It's the only sense the demons can't manipulate. It will happen automatically, so don't try to force it. If a person or place gives you the heebie-jeebies, for whatever reason, don't ignore it. Go with your gut. Better safe than sorry.

HellsBella: Of course, a bloodsucker would spew racist propaganda against the very beings that taught humans the wards we needed to protect ourselves from the likes of you. Eat a tower of dicks.”

That's nice. Keep it classy, sweetie. Of course, demons taught you fuckwit humans how to protect yourselves against vampires. Predators don't like other predators.

KarmaChameleon: “How does a person protect themselves against an Infernal, or any other being of wicked intent?”

Was that really easier to say than demon? Fine.

Holy objects only work about half the time. Salt, mirrors, and cold iron are far more reliable.

HolyMolly21: “My mother taught me that ancient spirits were responsible for the creation of the first vampires. What do you have to say about that?”

Are you sure your mom's not a demon?