Original Stories Fan Fiction / Other Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf Clan ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
 
The two most powerful wolf clans, Naichi, and Kainiru clans have always been feuding over everything. Land, food, and even family members. Tons of wolves have died from all of the senseless fighting. No one has ever tried stopping it. Two twin girls will change everything. Their mother from the Naichi Clan and their father from the Kainiru Clan. Split apart from each other and taught to hate each other. They must learn to cope. Will they be able to bring their clans together before it's too late?
 
Chapter One
 
I was walking through the battlefield when all of a sudden I turned to see my mother being stabbed through her heart. The tears couldn't stop coming. For the first time in my entire life, I felt hopeless. I fell to my knees and held my head in my hands. Then I heard rustling behind me and I suddenly jumped up and grabbed my sheathed knife. However, there was nothing to worry about because it was only my three cousins, Kurai, Skybolt, and Sky. I guess that they had been following me for sometime then they saw me fall to my knees. I leaned over and vomited because my stomach couldn't take the amount of blood I saw. Everything turned to complete darkness. I think that I passed out and one of my cousins carried me home because the next thing I remember I was in my bed. I woke to my cousin's face…Kurai. Kurai looked worried and tense.
 
“Kurai…,” I whispered turning to face him.
 
“Shh, don't talk Chun just rest. I'll go get Fireheart,” said Kurai getting up and walking out.
 
Great just who I wanted to see,” I thought shifting in my bed to look out the window. Fireheart was chosen by the leader of the clan for me to marry when I was three and he was six. I've always thought of him as an older brother. He is very protective of me.
 
“Chun…Are you really awake?” asked a worried voice.
 
“Yes, Fireheart,” I answered turning to face him.
 
“Good,” he sighed sitting down where Kurai was moments ago.
 
“Were you worried?” I asked curious.
 
“Yes, I am always worried about you. I care for you so much. But you don't care for me. Why? Why can't you look at me the way you look at Kurai?” cried Fireheart begging for an answer.
 
“Why? Because everyone expects me to love you and I just can't. I didn't fall in love with you. I fell in love with my cousin. I do care about you as a brother figure and nothing else,” I explained to Fireheart feeling bad about it. I felt as if my words were poison. I never intended to be mean and rip his heart out but I just couldn't love him the way everybody expected me to.
 
“Well in that case I'll call off the engagement. I just wanted to know. If you ever need me, I'll be there for you. I have always loved you,” said Fireheart then walking out of the room.
 
I wanted time to myself. I needed to think. I got up and dressed. Before I got outside Kurai walked up to me and grabbed my arm. “What did you do to Fireheart?” asked Kurai questioningly.
 
“I did nothing. Now let me go,” I hissed trying to break free of his grip on my arm.
 
“Never,” he growled and pulled me into a kiss.
 
He released me after what seemed like centuries…
 
“Wha-,” I asked blushing.
 
“Well I heard that Fireheart was calling off the engagement. He told me to come to you and comfort you. He said that you were never his, but mine. I felt the same way,” he explained smiling at what he had just done.
 
“The nerve of that guy,” I puffed but turned to Kurai and smiled. I took his hand and led him to where I was going to go. I brought him to my favorite spot to think in the whole world…the waterfall. I loved listening to the water hit the rocks at the bottom. It sounded so relaxing. Sometimes I got in trouble because I would fall asleep and come back in the middle of the night. I walked up to the water after letting go of Kurai's hand and just looked at my reflection. I saw myself as being skinny and ugly (usually). But today I saw a girl who was twelve years old smiling for the first time that day. I had long light brown hair that was up in a ponytail. I was in my human form so I still had my ears and tail (you don't get the ability to fully change into a human until you're thirteen). My ears and tail were pure black. My eyes were a light blue almost gray color.
 
“Are you going to stare at yourself for the whole day?” asked Kurai pulling me out of my thoughts.
 
“Maybe….why have you got anything special in mind?” I replied smiling and walking over to him.
 
“Hmm…maybe,” teased Kurai making me want to know.
 
“What? That is so not fair,” I puffed running after him while he ran away.
 
“I thought that maybe we could spend the day together up here. Maybe even look at the stars together,” said Kurai stopping, sitting, and then pulling me down into his lap.
 
“I like that idea,” I said cuddling with him. I felt safe like nothing was ever going to happen. Like everything that happened that day melted away and I was calm.