Original Stories Fan Fiction / Realism Fan Fiction ❯ The Girl Who Was Not Herself ❯ The Girl Who Was Not Herself ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Girl Who Was Not Herself
-
© 2007 Ohne Sie
-
 
 
There was once a girl who couldn't be herself. At parties, she did everything her friends asked her to do, because she didn't want them to dislike her. At home, she did only what she was told, because she didn't want her parents to dislike her. At work, she did everything that was asked of her, because she didn't want her coworkers to dislike her.
Eventually, everyone liked her. But she was sad. And eventually her sadness grew, and so she stopped talking. She would do her duties and her chores, only nodding when she was asked to do them. Her friends asked her to play a prank on another kid she did not know, and she nodded. Her parents asked her to wash the dishes and she nodded. Her boss asked her to clean the bathrooms and she nodded, even though she would rather not do any of those things.
And she grew sadder, because she couldn't speak her mind and refuse to do things she didn't want to do. So she stayed in her room all day. And her friends no longer asked her for favors and her parents no longer asked her to do chores and her boss no longer asked her to do things that nobody else would do. And her friends stopped calling and her parents stopped talking and she lost her job.
And she was sad. She stayed in her room, all day and every night, with nobody to talk to and nobody to tell her what to do. And the world forgot her.
And she was sad. So she found a piece of paper and a pen and she wrote her thoughts on that paper, and she tied it around a stuffed cat that she had gotten when she was only five, and she hugged it tight against her with her left arm as she lay on her bed.
And the world seemed fuzzy and she didn't feel so sad when she slipped into unconsciousness and the pill bottle fell from her right hand.