Original Stories Fan Fiction / Role Playing Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ The Damned ❯ Chapter 9

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
 
The red liquid bubbled up from the hole inside of her arm, Rae hissed gently as she felt the bullet inside, tight with her pulsing muscles and veins around it.
Sliding down the metal wall, she let out a soft cry as the pain made her heart thump while her mind raced. Her hazel eyes were dazed in the agony as she heard screams and shouts all around her. She messed it up.
Earlier, when arriving to the Armory, Rae had found herself nervous, working at Korbin's side who slid through the halls like a pure professional. She had numbly followed, her eyes set on his back, making sure she did each move he did.
When a long slender, pale finger came up as a warning, Rae slinked back in the shadows behind the corner, until a twitch of his hand let her know it was ok.
Stepping out from behind the corner, she heard the sudden thump of bodies hitting the metal floor, Rae's eyes widened when going on down the hall to see three guards' dead.
“Whoa,” she whispered, looking to Korbin, whose long black hair flipped when looking back, she licked her lips, “What happened?”
He grinned, “Remember, darkness is my gift.”
Rae blinked, looking she saw the shadows from their bodies' curved up on the walls, lapping out like a gentle ocean, but in an instant, they had lashed out and covered the bodies, and picked them up, slamming them back against the wall and wrapping around the bodies like cocoons of darkness.
“Ok then,” she gulped; wondering what it was he could really do with those powers. She had to watch her back, she mentally noted, before continuing on through the metal door the men were guarding.
However, it was locked; Korbin sat there, looking at it, before observing the door and finding a slot on the side, “Card Key, I need a car key, Rae go through their pockets.”
She looked up and went to the pinned up men, “Um, Kor-“ she then blinked, surprised as the shadows went up to under their arms, letting the pants available and the chest for purposes of searching. Her arms rose, her small hands patting over the men, slipping into the pockets of their shirts and pants, finally, at the end of the second man, she retrieved the key and handed it over to Korbin.
“Thanks darling,” he smiled and turned, quickly slipping it in and then out, stuffing it in the back pocket of his pure black jeans, he lurked into the room with Rae slinking behind, her eyes darting around in her paranoia, her lips tilting down as they entered, and then they suddenly fell open.
The room was wide and spacious, it had a large metal table in the middle, the four walls were bare, nothing else, but a single red button on the back wall, it called to her.
As Korbin sat there, eyeing the table, Rae went to the wall, her hand on the cool metal; she bit her bottom lip, as her finger swept over the button…
“Rae, wait!”
Nothing.
She smiled as the walls began to shake, the other three turned, showing hall ways that led into separate rooms full of weapons and devices of mass destruction. Like say for instance, cell phone bombs, or little popper that set off smoke and hid your exit from anyone.
“Are we in a magician's closet,” Rae asked, her eyes wide, at Korbin's side.
He laughed at her wide eyed expression, reaching over and closing her mouth with a tip of her chin, “Not exactly short stuff, no, even though these seem pretty odd and a little tricky, the human's tactics on destroying enemies runs as far ass setting bombs in little babies.”
Rae felt the horror at the back of her throat from where it had raised from her feet, “Babies?”
“Yup,” he grinned, a gleam in his purple eyes, he laughed suddenly, though it was one of bitterness and disgust, “That's why I'm happy to no longer be apart of this civilization, they kill themselves a little more each day.”
“Well,” Rae gulped, “Ok, let's just get what we came for, all right?”
He chuckled, “Anxious are we?”
“Ya, to get out before I get my brains shot out. Come on!” Slapping his shoulder, they went on. Randomly, from a list Korbin pulled from his pocket, he began to open the big bag he'd been lugging around; throwing in random guns, bombs, and God knows what else.
As the ransacking came to a close, Rae and Korbin made their way from each room, coming back to the middle, the bag was now heavy and weighed down, the muscles beneath the long black sleeves of Korbin's shirt flexed considerably much.
“Let's go Ice,” turning they made their way from the room, Rae took another glimpse of the three men before looking ahead, walking with quick strides, her heart began to beat a little faster. Her paranoia caused her to glance over her shoulder…
“Crap.”
Korbin looked to her, seeing the alarm written all over her face, he tossed the bags over that nearly knocked her down, though catching her grip, she grunted, gritting her teeth before Korbin suddenly turned to the eight men who now was coming against them.
“GO!” He yelled when she tried to turn and help, suddenly, he glanced at the men, and this roar left his mouth, Rae trembled and stumbled back before taking off in a run.
She heard screams, followed by throaty roars and grunts, wincing as an excessive amount of blood hit the floor and walls innumerable amounts of time. The splatter was sickening and Rae wanted to run for cover with a bucket, especially when she dared a look back to see a large, claw like hand sprouting from Korbin's wrist and went to rip the top of one man's head off in a clean stroke of his arm.
Rae kept going, trying so hard to keep a steady jog of some sort as she could feel her arm sockets give way to the heavy weight of the bag. She screeched when seeing a whole other gang of men coming forward, their faces stern and a bit predatory, “Crap, crap, CRAP!” She felt herself begin to panic, looking around, her hair whipping her face as she snapped her neck left to right.
When one of them leapt, a whole new surge of energy filled her and she swung the bag up, knocking one guy off his feet while slamming one of the men's noses back into his skull. Letting the load go for a moment, she turned and slammed her fist into one guy's cheek and then moved up in a jump and let her leg snap around to pierce the side of one guard, while the other was taken through and through by an ice sickle that had sprouted from the palm of her hand. Looking back, she screamed as a man came up and wrapped his arms around her tightly, holding her in a death vice grip, her air leaving slowly, she growled and began to kick her legs furiously as they tried to carry her away.
Suddenly, darkness enveloped them.
Rae looked around, frantic in the sudden pitch black, hands slipped from around her and let her fall to the ground heavily, she winced when the darkness suddenly closed in tightly around the man behind and the other in front, earning a scream from the bone crushing movements, she heard the snap of their bones and the squish of their blood exploding from them. Some had managed to get on her black shirt.
“Run!”
However, when turning, Rae's eyes widened as a shot suddenly rang in the building off of the cold walls. The pain was like a match thrown into the forest, at first, it started off small, but as it spread, it began to take over, the roaring mouth of flames whistling as twigs and branches were snapped by the smoldering heat and its pressure.
Now, sitting there, surrounded by men who had their guns raised, ready to shoot all at once, Rae felt her inner self begin to scream and cry. Holding her bleeding right arm, she seethed to herself, shaking as she got up; their pistols rose, and suddenly shot again, each bullet hitting their mark.
However…what was left to hit was simply a mist of what she was, that crumbled at the bullets' impacts. “What?” They whispered, and then a cry echoed through the building. An ice sickle went through each male's neck, making them gurgle up blood from their mouths that dripped to their chins.
Moving back, she panted with the adrenaline rush that made her hunger for more, no longer giving thought to her arm or the blood that was lost to the open wound, Rae ran to where Korbin was. She saw him taking down his last enemy, blood ran down his face, smeared into his skin, on his face and hands, he looked to her, a wild look in his eyes, red embers still danced inside. The both of them looked like warrior beasts from another world; Korbin went towards Rae, grinning to show fangs, it didn't surprise her.
“You got shot,” he said, nodding to her right shoulder, she shrugged her left one in return.
“Doesn't matter,” she hissed, “Come on,” she turned, getting the bag with her left arm.
Korbin grabbed it from her, “I got it,” he said firmly, she didn't try to argue, and it felt like five midgets were in there.
“When we get back, Cyn can look at it,” Korbin said, eyeing her.
“I suppose, it freaking burns.” Rae ran a hand over her mouth before saying, “But…I still want to kill for some reason.” A troubled look came to her eyes, when Korbin stopped and stood in front of her. His hand reached, the blood touching her chin, the smell made her senses swell, and a sharp blue color came to her eyes, looking up, her lips parted before he dove, like a snake, and kissed her, her eyes widened when a sharp prick came to her lips, she wailed and pulled herself away.
“What in the heck is your problem?! Did you just try to eat my lips! Ugh! That hurt, you know!” Rae was fuming, the hazel color back in her eyes, her cheeks red, not with blood, but with the embarrassment and anger that filled her.
Korbin laughed, his fangs slightly pink now, “I didn't want you going crazy and killing everyone in this place.” He puckered his lips at her, “Wanna try again?”
“No! God, you make me sick!” Rae yelled and turned, stomping out.
Following her, he shrugged, “True, but you still want me.”
 
 
 
“Tsk, tsk, tsk,” Cyn shook her head slowly with a frown as she removed the bullet from Rae's arm who cried out in pain, the tweezers dug in, feeling and prodding around in the bloody flesh. “You could have been a little more on the defensive, y'know.”
Before Rae could scream, Korbin cut in, pushing off the wall he was leaning on and came over, “Forgive me Cyn, see, there were a whole bunch of guys with guns and the intention to KILL us, that hey, one bullet managed to slip past and lodge into her arm. I'm not quire sure you could have done any better, Giant.”
Cyn narrowed her eyes with a deep frown on her face, “Don't make me shove these tweezers in your eye,” and suddenly, with a sharp yank and a loud shout from Rae, the bullet was between the small metal claws.
“Oh my…GOD,” Rae gasped, taking a look around with wide eyes before slamming her head back on the metal table, to which she cursed in return.
Lifting her arm, Cyn began to put some salve on it before wrapping the cloth bandage around the wound; she pulled on the ends to make a knot, patting Rae on her wrist, “Ok. You're fine.”
“Fine?! Ya, right, fine, that's word,” with a groan she sat up and swung her legs over the edge and stood up, swaying for a moment before catching herself and walking, “I'm going to my room,” she huffed out and went through the sliding door, going out into the halls. As she walked, she caught on to a heated conversation.
Pausing, she peaked down the hall, seeing Alex and James, Alex had her arms crossed while James' hand were flailing about as he spoke in a heated tone. Though, it was fierce whispers that left them which barely made sense to Rae's ears, her eyes narrowed and she took shelter behind the sloping wall, listening the best she could.
“Alex, please, just listen,” James stepped forward, his breath tickling Alex's soft brown cheek, he looked down into her eyes, “I never meant.”
“Meant to what? Chase away good company, I mean, seriously, that is no way to when Alexa Jamie-Lynn Jones over, at all.” Her lips quirked down, “He was hot, and I haven't gotten some action in a while, what makes you think you can just butt in and chase him away? It's not like he's some regular guy, he's one of us and no harm would've come from it.” She shook her head, “You really need to grow some balls and let go.”
James stepped back, shocked, “But, Alex, I've been trying to show you…tell you, you don't listen! Is that all your life is about? Whiskey and men, I mean, come on! I'm here, right in front of you, don't tell me you're just going to walk away from what you could have.” He felt his heart drop at her laughter.
”Wow, James, you really are a little soft, hm? Look, I need to go and train, really, I don't have time for this,” turning Alex stalked away, going further down the hall while James turned and came Rae's way.
When going down the corner, James turned, his head bowed a look of sadness darkening his face, Rae pressed back against the hall, and he passed by, unnoticing.
Several feet away now, Rae began to walk after him, waiting for a moment, watching before saying, “James?” He turned at her voice, his now dark green eyes rising; he blinked and mustered a sad dimpled smile, “Hey Rae.”
“Are you all right,” she asked, her brows rising as she walked at his side now. James gave a bitter grin, shaking his head and giving a heavy sigh.
“I'm about as right as can be right now, thanks.”
“I heard, the argument, the last bits and pieces, sorry.” Rae said, pulling at her fingers as James stopped in his tracks, his shoulders drooping he chuckled.
“I don't understand,” he mumbled and shook his head, looking to Rae he said, “I could have any other girl, I could have you, and yet, here I am, head over heels for this girl who won't even give me the time of day.”
Rae snorted, “Um, you couldn't have me, sorry,” she winked, “Too much drama,” she said and slapped his arm. His own hand flew into her right shoulder, which made her scream and double over, on her knees, twitching.
His eyes were wide and his mouth was gaping, “Uh…uh, I'm, um…what the heck?”
“Dude,” she wheezed, “I just got SHOT there, you faggot.”
By that time Eli had rounded the corner, concern filled his silver orbs at the sight of a nervous James and a hurt Rae, and he hurried over. “What did you do?”
“I punched her,” James squeaked, “Accidentally in her arm.”
“I got shot there,” Rae shrieked, being brought to her feet by Eli, a hand on her lower back the other on her left arm.
“Shot,” Eli questioned in alarm to a scowl, “How? When?”
“My Mission with Korbin was tonight, we got finished an hour ago…with a big bang, right into my shoulder, unfortunately.” She growled, wincing at the strain of the bandage onto the aching wound when moving her arm.
Eli's expression turned from worried to angered, “You and Korbin had a mission, together? And no one told me!”
“It's not your place to know really,” Rae said, her eyes flashing, “Now excuse me; I have things to do, like eat or sleep. Since I'm alive, I'm planning to enjoy the things I've taken for granted.” With a pivot of her heel, she was off, walking away, her hips twisting, her hair bouncing as she stalked away.
James laughed at Eli's baffled look, “What did I do?”
“You simply spoke my man,” he clapped his shoulder. “Looks like we both don't have any luck with the ladies, we're doomed.”
Eli turned to him, “But-I-I just I mean, Korbin isn't someone to be hanging around like that, really,” looking up to James he shook his head, “What did I say wrong?”
“Who knows? After all, women's minds are much unknown to the male species. Saying `Yes' in a specific tone will get us punched across the face.” James gave a lopsided grin.
“Just keep praying that she'll open her eyes and fall in love with you, it's all I can do, that's for sure.”
Eli's brows cocked up, “Alex?”
“Who else?”