Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ A Second Chance ❯ My Perfect Angel (chpt.9) ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I sighed at breakfast the next morning. Becky was out. I was bored. I probably wasted half my new life sighing, because I then sighed again looking around. I could chew on some chew toys… Nah. I could go see Andrew… Nah. I could go see Joseph… Hmmmmm. I started running for the pet salon Becky and I had gone to. I wanted a new bow. The kind people there gave me the same treatment, but a different style. I had a hot pink sparkly bow tied around the back of my neck. They also gave me me hot, sparkly pink streaks through my fur. They were not permanent, and very small, but still hot. I went to the same spot that I went to the day before. I sat and waited staying alert this time. I didn't want to get caught by the dogcatcher. With my sharp ears perked I looked around, trying to spot Joseph. I saw a glint of silver flash across the road, but wasn't about to cross. I had to be sure. I began to sing. Dog or not, I had the most beautiful voice that no one could resist. If it was him I would know.
 
“No matter watcha' say about love,
I keep comin back for more.
Put my head in the fire,
Sooner or later,
I get what I'm askin for.” I saw his head turn slightly.
“No matter whatcha say about life,
I learn every time I bleed.
The truth is a stranger,
My soul is in danger,
I gotta let my spirit be free, to,
Admit that Im wrong then,
Change my mind.” His whole body was toward me now, ears perked, muscles clenched…
“Sorry, but I have to move on,
And leave you behind!” He took a step forward…
“I can't waste time so give me the moment,
I realize, nothings broken!
Don't need to worry `bout,
Everything I've done,
Live every second like it was my last one.” He was looking like he could faint any minute by now (of course)…
“Don't look back got a new direction,
Loved you once,
Needed protection!” He began dashing toward the road and was about to leap into it when he noticed the cars…
“You're still a part of everything I do,
You're on my heart just like a
Tattoo.
Just like a tattoo,
I'll always have you…” I finished the song. It was my favorite. He was looking anxious about not being with me, then confused about why I stopped singing. I sang the corus over and over until he got to me. He sat down in front of me and closed his eyes. He looked relaxed now. I was happy. Then he started to sing. HE SOUNDED AWSOME! He was like Jesse McCartney but better! He began singing `The Great Escape' by Boys Like Girls. I loved that song! And he sang it like an angel! His eyes were closed the whole time he sang, but not from embarrassment. It gave him a very dramatic look, and he looked like an angel. A voice in my head popped out and began whispering little somethings in my head as Joseph sang to me.
 
What was that? I thought.
I said, you have it right then.
God! What exactly am I right about?
Joseph… he is an angel.
A-are you serious?
Yeah. Why wouldn't I be? And any way I sent him to watch over you. I don't want you to get greedy…
And I haven't!!!
No, and I don't want that to change. So that's what he's there for. He'll leave as soon as he thinks you're ready to be on your own. Until then, you're stuck with him.
So, when he thinks I'm ready, he'll leave?
That's what I said.
What if he doesn't want to leave?
Don't think I don't know that you are falling for him. I know you are.
Ok fine, but what if he doesn't want to leave, will he have to?
No.
Ok. I'll talk to you later. Bye.
Goodbye, Krissy.
 
I turned my head to see Joseph asleep beside me. He had come to stay with Becky and I. I hadn't truly been honest with her, now that I thought about it. She didn't know that I was sent back as a dog as punishment. She didn't know that I used to be a human, either. I looked at the sleeping Joseph and sighed (again? I swear I'll die of sighing some day!). I wonder how he died. He was young. About my age. 17, I'd say. I snuggled closer to him. He was warm and made me feel safe. Then I heard something. Music. And Humans. I quietly nudged at Becky and Joseph.
“Humans!” I whispered. Becky gasped and Joseph's face went from tired to worried. Becky climbed on my back and Joseph nudged me behind the dumpster. I lay down while he got ready to attack if any humans came near us. I was worried about what might happen to him. A silent tear filled my eye, but was soon washed away when I heard loud, thumping footsteps coming from in front of the dumpster. The people were obviously drunk, and were getting nearer and nearer. Some held guns, others knives. One of them held a metal bat. I couldn't hold in a whimper. Joseph turned to me and whispered something that I didn't hear. All I new was that he was trying to sooth me, and it worked. Just then, a human appeared from in front of the dumpster.
“Hey, Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudesssssszzss… Loook at what I foooond. Tyoo Puppiez and an old majy GAT!” He was really drunk. I tried to make myself smaller, but that just shot pain through my body. His friends came over and laughed at us. I looked at the guns and cried out. I was scared…
 
To Be Continued…