Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Flight ❯ the one with the doctor ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
chapter two: the one with the doctor

it's been 2 weeks since the bird incedent, and nothing much has gone on. well untill this afternoon when a half naked winged man floated down onto the ship, and became our doctor.

i suppose i should start from the beginning...

it's a sunny day aboard the Takara, i'm just lazing about on deck, my wounds finally healed. when suddenly a shadow appears over my little sunspot. great only cloud- wait that's not a cloud... shit! i scramble to get up and manage just in time for a pale skinny fair haired man to pop down on the ship. with wings. did i forget to mention that impressive wingspan? his wings were a beautiful tanish colour with red tips.his pants were in tatters, and his chest was bare. he looked way too thin, but that was the last thing on my mind. my ship had just been invaded!

"Who the hell are you and what the fuck are you doing on my ship!?!"

"may i assume you are the captain?"

"you may for now. now what the hell do you want?"

"i would like to join your crew."

"Fuck n-"

"aiden!" kathryn admonished from behind me. i guess i was a little quick to decide. but this man almost used me as a landing pad!

"you can join my dear. you shall be our doctor!" kathryn smiled and then walked off, leaving me and the new guy with gaping mouths.

"wot the fuck?" i glanced over at the new guy, he was just as surpised as i was... "so... what's your name new guy?"

"Aarne."

"well then Aarne, let me show you around... i guess.. first stop though, getting you new clothes and some food, you look positively anorexic!"

"thank you very much sir."

"please call me aiden, sir makes me fell... old." I try to glare at him, but he has a look of a lost puppy and i just can't seem to muster up the energy to glare. "I'm the first mate, and i guess you're the doctor now... do you have any training? i can place you elsewhere if need be."

"actually I was trained to be a doctor, i was wondering how that enchanting lady knew that though."

"that enchanting lady is the captain, and she just seems to know these things. by the way, her name is kathryn. don't call her enchanting lady EVER again. got that?" i don't know why i was so defensive about him calling kathryn enchanting, but it gave me a weird feeling in my gut.. and a feeling of dislike toward a man i barely knew. better to avoid the situation then think about it. yep!

"better retract those wings Aarne, not a good thing to have them out in the open. might mistake you for a giant eagle and use you for target practice."

Aarne quickly retracted his wings, taking my advice to heart, and i couldn't help but smile at that. he really is like a little puppy.

i take him down to the dormitory and grab some extra clothes i had. "these should fit you" i sad before tossing them at him.

"i'll go and get the cook to cook you up something. what do you like to eat?"

"anything would be great please."

"i think i can do that" i left him and headed down the stairs to the kitchen. "hey Nye, can you cook something up real quick? we just picked someone up and he looks like a refugee or something. make it hearty"

"can do aiden!"

let me tell you about Nye. first of all, his Name is Nyyrikki, but that's a mouthful so we all call him Nye. he came to us a few weeks after we started this whole.. piracy thing. he wants to find his long lost sister or something. who knows. anyway, he's a short dark skinned man, with a very chipper atitude. kinda creepy if you ask me, but no one does.

in the midst of my musings, Nye comes up with a 5 star meal. i don't know how in so short a time, and i don't ask, last time i did there was an aiden shaped hole in the wall, and i was forced to sleep on deck that night for hurting the ship.


anyway, i thank Nye and heads back to the dormitory. knocking first i head in and see that my clothes are a little baggy on Aarne, but otherwise okay.

"here, eat up" i say and had him the food, which from what i could see, was some kind of stew.

Aarne dug in with vigor, and it was gone withing 5 mins.

"jeez, you better not get sick from eating that fast.."

"thank you for your kindness."

i look oever at him oddly. maybe i wasn't too off with that refugee comment.

"no problem. you wanna see the rest of the ship?"

"if you wouldn't mind" he smiles at me.

odd.

i take him around and show him the important bits, running into Tabia at some point. the shy girl squeaked at us and quickly hid before i could introduce her. i laughed of course and just continued on the tour.

by the time we were done the sun had set and we had to go and eat dinner.

dinner was a quiet affair. if quiet is everyone talking over each other and chatting up the the new guy. which to me it is.

after dinner i headed to my room and let the others take care of Aarne.

"pretty intresting day if i do say so myself" i mused to my roomate

"yeah. good thing we finally found a doctor though. now come to bed, i'm tired."

and i always listen to my captain.