Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Abduction ❯ Abduction ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“Twenty-seven!” Aimee proclaimed proudly.
 
“Wow! Really?” Aimee's smirk broadened at her little sister's adoring stare.
 
“That's right kiddo. I got twenty-seven Earthlings in just one rotation. Showed those damn rich brats we can catch `em without bribing. I got the top marks in my year!”
 
Aria looked down at her toes and twisted the hem of her shirt. “There's no way I can get that much.” She shrieked and giggled when Aimee tackled her and prodded her ticklish spot in the middle of her back.
 
“You'd better get twice that. Don't worry about it. The Queen of abductions is gonna teach you everything you need to know!”
 
“Right!” Ten year-old Aria plopped herself down on the metal floor at her sister's feet. She stared up in mock seriousness. “Share your wisdom!”
 
“Well there's a trick to it…”
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x
 
Aria thought he was being a bit ungrateful. She knew for a fact that most of the other students would have just pumped him full of drugs until he passed out, dragged him to the ship and dumped him in a corner. She thought she was being nice when she decided against it and made a nice cage for him instead. But he didn't seem to appreciate it at all. He still seemed a little dismayed by the fact that what he thought was the back compartment of the train was actually Aria's ingenious trap.
 
“The problem is…” he looked around nervously, but she chose to ignore him. He tried again. “You see, the problem with aliens is… well, they don't exactly exist.”
She gave a distracted `hmmm'.
 
“So you see, that means that this—all of this—isn't real. It's not really happening.”
 
“That's nice.” Aria prodded another lever-type contraption into what was probably the right place and rapidly pushed rather important looking buttons.
 
“So any minute now I'm going to be waking up.”
 
“Good for you.”
 
“And then I'll have breakfast and laugh over this ridiculous dream.” He nodded resolutely and gripped the bars of his cage tightly to still his shaking hands.
 
“You do that.” For a moment there was a humming noise and the whole ship vibrated. Aria looked ecstatic, but her grin faded with the humming. “I thought for sure…”
 
“And even if they do exist,” the uptight businessman rambled on, breaking the silence, “then they make crop circles. And they kidnap people from cornfields, not trains.”
 
“Maybe I'm reading this upside down.” She flipped the heavy book resting on the control board. As if she was finally sure of what she was doing, she poked more buttons. Suddenly red lights and alarms started flashing and blaring. “No, that's not it either.” More taps and the lights and noise died.
 
“And my boss will have my ass if I miss work in the morning.”
 
“How do they see anything with these things?” She twisted her left earring and brown eyes gave way to greenish-bluish-grayish insect-like ones. “Now…” she picked up the giant tome. “And it still makes absolutely no sense.”
 
“I don't know what you're trying to do but I'm not buying it. It's probably one of those idiotic reality shows.” The human-sized birdcage was approximately 6 steps in diameter, he noted as he paced: bigger than his cubicle, if he ignored the enormous hamster-wheel and watering trough.
 
“Check the fuel, check the shields, check the grapplers; what am I missing?” She pulled a few strands of her short, brown hair to her mouth and started chewing thoughtfully.
 
“It's a scientific improbability. Aliens I mean. And abductions on a whole. I mean, really, what's the point?” He fidgeted with the knot of his tie, causing it to loosen.
 
She flipped several pages back, then several forward. “It's got to be here somewhere.”
 
“I watched X-Files. Thought it was a load of bull. Still do actually. It's just a fact. Aliens do not…” His voice died in his throat when she turned to stare directly at him. “What are you looking at?”
 
She cocked her head to the side and tapped her chin thoughtfully. “I wonder…” She paced around to the side of the giant birdcage.
 
“Wait just a minute! I have rights you know!”
 
She got a firm grip on one of the gray bars, braced one foot against the silver wall and shoved.
 
The cage slowly slid across the floor. The metal-on-metal screech was nearly deafening, and the unfortunate abductee-to-be clapped his hands over his ears and yelled every expletive he had ever heard and some he was sure he had just made up.
 
“Ha!” His eyes shot open at her joyful yell. There on the wall behind him was a large red lever clearly labeled `ON'.
 
“Nononononono! Wait! What do you want? Is it money? Anything you want-”
 
She flipped the switch.
 
There was a whoosh and the man felt like he was slammed into the floor. His stomach seemed to go one way and the rest of him another. The world took a while to stop spinning. He crouched, hoping that death would at least be quick.
 
The alien grinned. “It actually worked!”
 
He turned to a corner and delicately revisited lunch.
 
Aria waited politely until she felt that there was nothing more to come up.
 
“Did you mean it?” He stared at her and his jaw worked soundlessly. “You said you'd give me anything I wanted. You mean it?”
 
“Y-es. My God, Yes!”
 
“Good!” She beamed and pressed a button. A panel slid open to reveal a window. Outside pinpricks of silver light dotted an inky blackness. “Can you verify that that is outside your atmosphere?” He looked out the window but quickly glanced away, fearing to also be reunited with parts of breakfast. He managed a nod. “Alright then. I just need you to put your name right here and thumbprint there.”
 
Aria shoved a piece of paper under his nose.
 
I (blank) have successfully been abducted by Aria of Jannon during the course of her final exam of mandatory education.
(thumb print)
 
“Just your first name, okay?” Hastily he grabbed the proffered pen and scribbled something that vaguely resembled `John' in the blank space. “And just put your thumb there.” The paper seemed to melt around his thumb and when he moved it had molded to his print. “Thank you very much for your time sir!” She pressed another button and a door appeared in another section of the wall. “Watch your step and have a nice night!”
 
She watched as he tottered into the station and up the stairs in a daze. It was getting late and there was no one else in sight. Quickly Aria checked her list. “Just one more,” she muttered.
 
“And when it starts to get late you need to go find a run-down bar. Find some greasy bastard hitting on everything in a skirt. Then you go up to him and say—”
 
Aria batted her eyelashes seductively and rubbed up against him, the silvery material of her skirt riding up her thighs. “Wanna come see my spaceship?”
 
He sniggered. “Baby, you can abduct me anytime!” And he followed her up several streets to the train station and into the last car.