Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 1, Chap. 3: Chill Out ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chill Out
Hallie rushed inside, panting. She trembled all over. Fuck!, she thought. I'm not supposed to enjoy this place! My parents trapped me here. I should hate this place! Hallie took in a deep breath.
“Right,” she mumbled. “Back to more exploring.” Hallie looked around her current location. Pitch dimness. She tried to get a look. A puzzled look came onto her face.
Is that a pinball machine?, she thought. Hallie felt around for the lights. At last, she found the switch. Got ya!, she thought. Hallie flipped on the lights. That's better. Hallie looked around again. Well, that was a pinball machine in the back corner. Two to be exact. Twelve Mac computers to the right. Three PCs sat next to them. A DJ booth sat up ahead of her. Flat screen TV against the left wall. A fluffy orange sofa sat in the middle of the room with dark green chairs. Hallie blinked amazed.
“What is this place?” she asked.
“The Chill Out lounge,” a voice said behind her. Hallie whipped around. Pool boy stood in the doorway, smiling. Hallie's cheeks fired red again.
“What?” she asked. The boy took a step forward.
“We call this the Chill Out lounge,” he explained. “This is our game room. Sometimes we have parties here.” Hallie took another look around.
“Wow,” she whispered. The boy smiled and held out his hand.
“I'm Hall, by the way,” he said. “I'm the pool boy.”
“I'm Hallie,” the girl replied. “I just moved here.” They quickly shook hands. Hallie fought to keep it together.
“So which floor do you live on?” he asked.
“F-F-Fifth,” she stammered out.
“Oh great, I live on the same floor,” Hal said. Hallie's eyes shot wide open.
“You do?” she asked.
“Yeah,” he said. “I live in 517.” That's three doors from me, Hallie thought.
“Are you here for the summer?” Hal asked.
“Yeah, I guess,” she said. Hal gave her a little smile that could out shine the sun.
“Say, you doing anything this evening?” he asked. Hallie's heart sped up on the spot.
“Why?” she almost yelped. Hal shrugged at her a little bit.
“Oh, I don't know,” he said. “I just figured we could go out for a little walk to the beach or something like that.”
Hallie looked lost and happy. “What? Are you hitting on me?”
Hal smiled and shrugged at her. “What do you think?”
“Uh… yes…” she said.
“Well, what do you way?” he asked. Hallie sighed and shrugged.
“Sure, why not?”
“Great, let's go.”
Hallie blinked at him. “What? Right now?”
“Yeah,” Hal said. “Is that okay with you?”
“Sure, I guess,” Hallie said with a nod.
“Then, let's go,” the pool boy said.
“Fine, fine,” the girl said. The pair walked out to the main lobby. From the hallway, the resident fox watched them leave. She did not like what she saw.
Hey! My Summer Girl