Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 1, Chap. 5: Girl Party ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Girl Party
Hallie wandered down to the dining hall. Honestly, she didn't want to end up here at all. The bright pink and yellow walls disgusted her, but after this morning's confirmation, escape felt needed. Hallie took a seat at the bar. Choko looked up from cleaning a glass.
“Niecey!” she said. Hallie breathed out as she rolled her eyes.
“Hey,” she mumbled. Her aunt noticed her face. “What's the matter?”
Hallie glanced at her. “Met the neighbors,” she said.
“Oh,” Choko said. “Evie?”
“Yeah,” her niece grumbled. Choko leaned in close.
“And Hal?” she whispered with a smile. Hallie blushed. Her aunt grinned.
“Ah! You have!” she cheered. Hallie looked away with a red face.
“Yeah, so?” she asked.
“You've got competition,” Choko said.
“Yeah, so?”
Her aunt leaned in close. “I can help.”
Hallie glanced at her. “Hm?”
Choko smiled at her. “Come with me.” She grabbed her niece by the hand before she had a chance to argue back. Uh… okay…, Hallie thought.
Choko apartment looked like a madam's parlor in the 1920's. French perfume nearly choked Hallie. She took a step back into the hall. Choko giggled.
“Hang on, I'll open the windows,” she said.
“Yeah, do that,” Hallie said. Her aunt went inside and began opening up the windows. Her niece watched her do so. Choko returned with a smile.
“All done!” she cheered. Hallie blinked at her.
“I don't get it,” she said.
“Get what?” Choko asked.
“Why are we here?” her niece asked. Choko smiled at her.
“I'm giving you a little makeover.”
Hallie blinked at her. “Huh?”
“But first, a little pep talk.” Choko grabbed her niece inside. She pushed her up to a mirror. Hallie looked into the fancy gold-framed glass. Choko smiled and giggled at their reflections.
“What do you see?” she asked.
“Red hair, freckles, and tan-looking complexion,” Hallie said. Choko shook her head.
“But is it beautiful?” she asked. Her niece shrugged at the reflection.
“I don't know,” she said.
“You don't know?” Choko asked. Her niece shook her head.
“I don't think much about my looks,” she said.
“You don't?” Choko asked. Her niece shook her head. The woman took a moment to think.
“Hm,” she said. “We're going to work on that. Come with me.” She walked over to her closet and vanity. Hallie shrugged to herself. Like I have a choice, she thought. She followed behind reluctantly. Choko giggled to herself.
“Ooo! This will be so much fun!” she cheered. Hallie rolled her eyes. Whoopee!, she thought. Choko whipped around to her niece with the lip liner and blush in her hands, smirking.
“Lesson one,” she announced. “Be yourself!”
Please Enjoy