Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 4, Chap. 24: Flirtations ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Flirtations
If Wong was a song, he would be Sade’s “Smooth Operator.” This smooth operator arrived in Japan at ten a.m. Already, he made girls turn their heads. Some even whispered about how cute he was. Wong smiled as he walked by. This summer internship would pay big. However, he needed to get acquainted with the locals.
-Wong and Hallie-
The smooth operator needed a treat. He headed for the local fruit store. The boy could already smell the freshness walking in.
Mmm, he thought as his mouth watered, Where to begin? He spotted the pick of the day. Hallie was looking in the citrus section. Wong first noticed her red hair. Such vibrant color sang to him.
Such beauty!, he thought, blushing. Sadly, Hallie didn’t look so friendly. Instinct told him to approach with caution. Wong made his way over to the citrus section.
Hallie was about to reach out for a lemon when another hand touched hers. Her eyes moved to her right. Wong gave her a cheeky little smile.
“Nihao!” he said with a wave. Hallie turned looking lost.
“Hi…” she said.
“I’m Wong,” the smooth operator introduced, “What’s your name?”
“Hallie,” the tomboy replied. Wong slipped the lemon from her hand.
“Hey, that was mine!” she yelped.
“Oh, I’m sorry,” the boy said, “Your lovely hair was so distracting to me.” Hallie looked at him funny.
“Are you feeling okay?” she asked. Wong took a step back and put his hand to his chest.
“You’ll have to excuse me,” Wong said, “I can’t really function around a beautiful girl.”
“Huh?” the tomboy asked. Wong took her by the hands.
“Please forgive me for saying this,” he said, “I believe that you are sweeter than all of this fruit that surrounds us. You are tough on the outside, but I bet you are just as sweet, nice, and beautiful on the inside.” Hallie pulled away red in the face.
“S-Shut up, idiot!” she cried. The corners of Wong’s mouth twisted into a smile.
“Are all Japanese girls this hot-blooded?” he asked, “It fits you perfectly.” Hallie blinked at him.
“I’m only half-Japanese,” she said, “What are you?” Wong stood before her like a gentleman.
“I hail all the way from China,” he said with a bow.
“Chinese, huh?” she asked.
“Yes, baby,” he answered, “I am Chinese, pure-blooded.” Wong smiled at his own charm. Something told him there would be more where that came from.
Just two aisles over, Dustin heard and saw the whole thing. He ended up bruising an apple in his seething rage.
“Say,” Wong said, “Do you know where Fuji Apartments is?” Hallie’s spine went stiff.
“That’s where I live!” she gasped. Wong’s face brightened with interest.
“You don’t say,” he said, “Could you take me there? I am to start living there today.” Hallie’s face flushed as she froze.
“S-S-Sure, whatever!” she blurted out.
“Thank you,” he said, “Just let me buy a little fruit, okay?” Hallie snorted and turned away.
“Whatever, idiot!” she barked. Wong smiled as he looked through the imported limes. He planned to enjoy getting closer and figuring her out.
Call a Doctor, Call a Ghost