Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 6, Chap. 33: Teddy Bear ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Teddy Bear
Heather stared at herself in the mirror. Today was important to her. She looked at the clock next to her bed. Oh, it’s almost one! I’m going to be late! Heather hurried out the door.
--------
She met Reggie outside the apartments. Her date grinned at the sight of her.
“Yo!” he said with a wave. Heather gave him a shy smile.
“Hi,” she said. Reggie gave her a low whistle.
“Damn Lil’ Mama!” he said. “Ya look so fine!” His girl blushed.
“T-Thanks,” she said. The street boy held out his hand.
“Ready to go?” he asked.
“Yes,” she said with a nod. Both headed out on their date.
--------
“Where to first?” Reggie asked. Heather gave him a surprised look.
“Me? I’m picking?” she asked.
“Of course,” he said. His girl looked around, thinking.
“Should we go see a movie?” she asked.
“Sure,” Reggie said. “I’m game.” They walked to the nearest movie theater. Heather reached in her purse for her wallet when Reggie stopped her.
“No,” he said. “I got this!” The beat boy pulled out his own wallet and paid for the tickets.
“Two please,” Reggie told the lady at the booth. She gave the couple their tickets to the romantic movie Heather’s choice. They sat in the front row. Reggie gently held her hand in the dark. Heather glanced at him out of the corner of her eye.
“We can’t tell anyone,” she whispered.
“Yes,” he whispered back. The best boy didn’t like this deal. He was one to keep it real. Heather didn’t like lying either. However, it’s a necessary. Hallie and Evie were competitive. The couple didn’t need the drama and the headaches.
“When can we tell them?” Reggie asked.
“I don’t know,” Heather whispered. Both of them watched the movie with worry. The others could be nearby, watching.
Heather glanced over her shoulder at one point as they walked down the street after the movie.
“Somethin’ wrong, Lil’ Mama?” her boyfriend asked. She quickly shook her head.
“It’s nothing!” the girl lied. Her boyfriend gave her an odd look.
“Okay…” he muttered.
“Hey!” she spoke up. “Can we grab a bite to eat? I’m getting hungry.”
“Alright,” Reggie said. They stopped at a local café. Again, he paid for everything.
“Wanna sit outside?” Reggie asked.
“Yes, please,” his girlfriend said. They sat at a table Reggie watched his girlfriend eat. Heather glanced up at him.
“Tell me right now,” she said, lowering her fork. “What am I to you?”
“You’re my girl, of course!” he said.
“Am I the only one?” she asked. Reggie raised an eyebrow at her.
“Where is this coming from?” he asked. Heather pressed her lips together.
“I just have to know,” she insisted. “Hallie and Evie are titans and I could never compete when them.” Reggie gently took her hand.
“You’re my girl,” he repeated. “You’re my only girl! I mean it!” Heather felt like flying away.
“Thanks!” she said aloud.
“You’re got sum cream on yo cheek,” Reggie said.
“Hm?” his date asked, reaching for her right cheek.
“Here, lemme get dat for ya,” he offered. The beat boy leaned in and licked her on the cheek. Heather felt her whole face turn beet red.
Whoa!
---------
“I had a lovely time,” Heather said in front of the apartments by sundown. “Thank you so much.”
“Ya welcome, Lil’ Mama,” Reggie replied. They shared a kiss at front door.
Inside, Evie spotted them. She smirked to herself as the wheels turned in her head.
Saving Up to Buy Her Something She Wants