Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ All Black ❯ All Black ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

“The Vampires. A dark disgusting race that has plagued and terrorized mortal beings since they first began to exist. Monsters. They kill without mercy, without second thought of the lives that they take away. They have a life they have no right to have. They've dirtied this world far too long with their filthy existence. Living like vermin, never seeming to die down, no matter how many are killed. Maybe soon, maybe my dream of a world rid of vampires will be realized, and true peace can finally blossom. Then I can finally… I can finally…”
 
“Are you talking to yourself again?” A soft whispering voice wisped by like a gentle breeze. The young man did not stir from his spot on the ground be the edge of a cliff's overhang, but rather continued to stare out into the blackness of night. The moon was at it's fullest, it's peak of magic. The pure white light lit the heavens with all it's glory.
 
The young man looked down over the side of the overhang into the deep dark abyss below. To any mortal being, that would be all they could see, but he saw more than that. He could observe a dead landscape of dried grass and dirt. Dead twisted trees that reached their branches up towards the sky for some sign of salvation. Animal hunters of the night scurried around, thin and pathetic looking as they searched for a small meal, yet will never find one. This was one of the many areas the vampire monsters sucked the life out of the earth.
 
“Did you hear me?” The voice whispered again. “Oh, by the way. You've been summoned.”
 
 A soft but short breeze rustled the short blond hair of the young man. He arose, eyes closed, making no sound as he did so. He pulled gingerly upon his sleeves to straighten them. His long full jacket hugged his body like a glove, accenting his tall lean silhouette. Under his jacket he wore a long button down silk shirt that he allowed to go un-tucked at the end. His black pants covered his knee high laced black boots. The only other sign of color upon him, besides his hair, was a silver pendant he worse outside of his shirt.
 
The young man turned around, away from the cliff's edge to face the one who had spoken to him. He languidly opened his turquoise-green eyes that glowed brightly from the light of the full moon. A lazy smirk spread across his delicate features, lush lips slightly parting.
 
The tree that stood before him was very tall and twisted, yet it was one of the only trees left with a few scattered remains of green upon them. The dark tree had very low branches falling out like weeping willow vines that could touch the head of an average sized human. It covered anything underneath it with a blanket of darkness. The one who had spoken to him lay hidden in those shadows the branches cast over.
 
“I'll be there in a moment.” The young man replied softly. The figure shifted it's weight, and within the span of an eye blinking, vanished from it's spot. The young man turned back to the darkness and looked into its deep abyss of nothingness. He knelt down, picking up a long stemmed white rose that lay flat against the surface of an upturned rock, and arose again. He stepped up to the edge of the cliff without fear.
 
“Here. I brought you a present.” The young man whispered into the air. He held out the rose, and let it fall from his open hand. He watched as the only object of beauty fall until finally it was out of normal sight. Lifting his gaze to the moon, his smile turns soft and longingly. “One day… I'll kill them all for you.” A sigh, and then turning away once more from the cliff, he walked away silently leaving no trace that he was ever there.
 
 
-------------
A/N: I'm writing every chapter at least once every two months, so updates will be slow. Please, leave a review, even if it is only to say `nice', or `I don't like it'. Of course, an explanation why would also be helpful, only so I can grow as a writer. Thank you.