Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Alone ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alone
© 2008 Ohne Sie
 
Disclaimer: All characters, places, and events contained within this story are completely fictional and owned by me. Any resemblances to existing or future works are complete coincidental.
 
She looks around, studying her surroundings. There are people here; friends, they always tell her. Yes, they are friends, but not of her. Tjhey seem so comfortable with each other. But she doesn't. She longs for that comfort more than anything, but longing doesn't make something happen.

She sighs, walking away. The group doesn't notice. Friends, she thinks, would notice. Tears well in her eyes and she shakes her head in a vain effort to stop them.

She approaches a lake. Stripping down to her underwear, she folds her clothes and gingerly sets them down in the grass. Diving in, she swims into the middle of the lake. She waits, treading water, knowing that she could easily swim back right now.

Something inside her mind snaps, and she stops moving. Slowly, she sinks to the bottom of the lake. She breathes in, allowing the water to fill her lungs. Within a minute, her task is complete and her mind fades away into blackness.