Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Always Be There ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
As he walked down to the beach, a man confident in his step and compassionate in his dealings, he saw a vision, striking and alluring. On the shore, there, was a fair maiden, with flowing golden hair and streaming tears. The setting sun caused her locks to glow as they fluttered in the breeze. Her blue gown billowed around her as she sat there on a log, her arms hugged to her chest.

He came to her and sat at her side, asking if she was all right. She told him aye, that she was, or at least she had been until her love had gone out to sea without her. The man could only reassure the maiden gently that all was well with her wandering Sailor, and that he was surely thinking of her at all times.

She shook her head, her golden hair shimmering about her shoulders. Nay, she told him, for I have received news that my Sailor's boat has sunk off the coast of Panama just two days ago, in a storm that claimed all of the souls upon that wretched ship.

He placed a hand on her shoulder, one that she did not feel. I'm sure that your Sailor is just fine, said he with a voice she could not hear, and with his fingers wiped away her tears. Her lips trembled as she gazed out at the setting sun, the waves reflecting the golden rays. How could you know? she asked him, but received no answer in return.

A small smile crept onto her face as the breeze shifted, blowing her hair behind her. There was no longer any sign of the man, the stranger who had walked onto the beach. His smile warmed her heart though, and she knew her Sailor would always be there, thinking of her.

Aye love, she heard him whisper, I will always be there.