Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Angel ❯ Angel ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

File 1468516
Case name: Angel
Type of case: Homicide - due to dismemberment
 
From the desk of Sergeant Danu Mares.
Even though the many hours of labor, the information my team has come up with in regards to the recent homicides is already known and classified information. The killings themselves seem to be happening at a rate no different from before, and it seems as if there are no clues left at the scenes of these crimes. I have found that this is because the criminal does not leave information about herself at the crime scenes. But in all cases, there has been information about the killer out in the open, things planted or kept long before the crime was actually committed. This has led me to find the true identity of the murderess known as angel. Please excuse the informal tone that this report will most likely take on, as this case is very rare and delicate in and of itself. It is a strange case - like no other I have passed over in my long years serving on the force. Enclosed in these pages are the true identity and mindset of Angel, the dismembering goddess.
 
 
Much of the information in these pages has been gathered from a book found at the first location of an angel killing; the home which was burned to ashes before the evidence or body could be examined. It is the journal of the girl who is thought to be the first victim in this series of murders, somehow found little more than a week ago at the site of the charred remains. It was strangely recovered in perfect condition, and no one has reported seeing the volume previously. And it is this book that holds all of the mysteries of this case. Angel is nothing like the stereotype we have fitted onto this case in both physical and mental standards. Although many believe the culprit of these butchering to be an older male who revels in the nature of the killings, this could be nothing farther from the truth. Angel is a 17 year old female known as Michiru Kanada, a girl with a slim and delicate figure who has become haunted by these murders. A full physical description will be enclosed further in the report, but first I must disclose the most disturbing of the information. As you know, the killer by the name of angel has gained this name due to the way the murder scenes are found; the bodies are displayed, hung on a wall with wings of blood painted behind them and every limb dismembered and cast aside from the body itself. Until now, the murders done by angel have been thought to have been committed with the help of a power tool of some sort, as well as long amounts of time and tedious work to allow the crime scenes to be almost identical upon being found, but these assumptions, assuming what I have read in this book holds true, are completely false and far from the truth. The quartering of the bodies as well as the painting of the wings of blood are done almost simultaneously, meaning that the bodies of the victims are first pinned up on the walls of the sites. The wings are not meticulously painted, but rather are described as “just appearing” in the journal of the Angel. This fact takes away much of the assumed preparation time in these murders, and also points to something slightly disturbing. The lab results from the bodies show that the time of death coincides with the dismemberment of the bodies, and these bodies are placed, pinned on the walls, before this dismemberment happens. Dead or alive, the strength to pin a person high on a wall should not belong to a young girl. Not only this, but although the cuts were assumed to be jagged due to the use of power tools, it seems as though the dismemberment was done by the girl herself with the help of no tool. The journal found depicts the dismemberment as “a spreading bruise, leading to the severing of the deadened appendage”, although I am not quite sure what this could mean. The words do not describe what happens in detail, due to Michiru's condition, and are written in a very sporadic way, as if instilled by fear in the later pages. The slayer Angel shouldn't be prosecuted, but rather helped within the padded walls of an asylum; she suffers from delusions and multiple personality disorder, as well as something described only as `the curse' in this volume. This girl is truly tormented by what has happened by her hands, and due to this writes strange excerpts in this diary. “I can not keep going like this; I never know when the curse will break free and find a crack in my porcelain walls! Everything is gone, gone…So far away, but I can reach it! If I can only find a way around this all, as long as I stay alone, it won't think to protect me and take away the people! As long as I live only with it…” This is one of the parts that I can not understand, but it seems to me that this young girl realizes what has happened and what is wrong with her and is trying desperately to hide herself away. Truly she is a victim as well in this case, though she can not be treated as such if we wish to capture her and end the bloody trail of remains that winds behind her.
 
 
 
 
 
“Sir!” Mirule stood in front of the large oaken desk belonging to the director, papers under one arm as she waited for permission to speak.
“Captain Mirule Childs, what business do you have with me now.” He exhaled, a sigh. He knew that Mirule would never bother him with good news, and this case didn't seem to be any different from the state of her face.
“Sir, this report was found at the home of Sergeant Danu Mares, sir.” She handed him the slightly charred stack of papers and retreated from the desk. “They were found along with his,” Mirule paused for a moment, swallowing before continuing. “His body, sir. They seem to have something to do with the Angel case he was heading up.”
“Angel, eh?” He rested his head on the palm of his hand for but a moment. “Isn't his death suspected to be committed by this…Angel?”
“Yes sir. I have also read through this report. In it, Sergeant Danu mentions a journal of some sort, and seems to mention the name and physical description of the murderer, but…” She paused and looked away, not wanting to continue.
“Captain, continue. But what?” The director stared at Mirule, as if urging her to continue with his eyes, if his words fell on deaf ears or were not enough.
“But the book was nowhere to be found and both the name and description have been burned out of every page in this long report. Also a…a letter from angel has been found at the location.” She steps forward and tentatively hands the small piece of parchment to him, looking away from the awe and fear struck face adorning the director.
 
This man, I didn't wish to kill him. In fact, I would have much rather he lived, but he knew just a bit to much. I'm sorry that the other me had to have someone know about us, or we could have avoided this catastrophe. Not that you care. You know, sometimes I think most people would take my curse as a blessing. I'm afraid of what it could do, but I'm sure that this twisted world has conceived enough children who would love to play with this body called by death. But you don't really care about my speculations, do you? Lab coats and badges, all anyone really wants to know is how and why my body became corrupt. Why, you ask? I can't quite tell you, nor how, since It didn't happen on a particularly eventful day. What I can tell you, though, is that even though it was a fatefully uneventful day to any passing person, the day I learnt of my malfunctions was the day before my sister died; the day a bruise wrapped itself around her arm where I had touched her. Have I mentioned that some people would find my curse to be a blessing? I forgot to mention-
The face of the director twists as horror contorts his face. The Captain falls to the ground, bloody wings spilled out on either side.
“-that one of me thinks that way too.” Her hair spills out from behind her as she lurches toward the man. “Would you like to become an angel in heaven? Would you like to feel the touch of death?”